My Dream Man | Book 1 | Sal V...

By YT_Sanity

*Inspired by @BarbaraSuchecka* 'How many years have I been here? 5? 8? 15? I don't remember. All I know is, I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue
Book 2

Chapter Thirty-Nine

281 4 2
By YT_Sanity

New Years went by in a flash and we were already working again. It was already February and the freezing winter was forcing us to film indoors. Not enjoying any of it, I was set to be filming Inside Jokes with Casey while everyone else filmed the actual show. We have been picking people from the mall, asking them questions, and repeating the process. Not only are we doing that, but it has been announced that the Jokers movie is coming to play, along with another run for season eight. It has, so far, been a very busy new year, that's for sure.

With all of this, Sal and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time together. That means a lot of time for things other than being with each other. When we do get time though, something usually interrupts it. Since I have been setting out applications for higher paying jobs because, don't get me wrong, I love filming for Impractical Jokers, it's just I don't like the way it's being set up anymore. I enjoyed it in the beginning, and now I don't know if I want to stay. But anyways, since I've been applying for jobs, job interviews cut our dates short. I would kiss him goodbye and leave him to eat lunch/dinner by himself.

But through all of this, it was finally Valentine's Day weekend and Sal promised to take me out on a special date. With that, I had big news to tell him as well. I got ready by putting on a long white skirt and tucked in a nice flannel with it. I curled my hair, put on a little bit of makeup, and slipped on some white heels. I did my usual routine and headed out the door. Sal's car just parked in my driveway as I walked out. I climbed into the passenger side and greeted him with a kiss.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I said with a smile.

"Happy Valentine's Day sugar." Sal said before kissing me again.

We drove out of the driveway and headed to our destination. We pulled up in front of a nice restaurant watched people walk in before heading in ourselves. When we got in, Sal told the waitress our reservation name and she guided us to our seats. The atmosphere in the restaurant was quiet and relaxing. The lights were dimly lit and each table had a candle in the center of it. It was great.

"You look lovely this evening." Sal complimented with a smile.

"Thank you! You look good as well." I compliment back.

Sal smiled at me before looking into the menu. Our waiter came up and ordered our drinks before walking away. I chose what I wanted to eat and so did Sal. Our drinks came and the waiter took our orders. He walked away once again, leaning Sal and I to just look at each other and smile.

"How was your day so far?" I asked.

"Good! Brian spent the night so we got to hang out a little this morning before taking you out. It's all amazing! How about you?" Sal asked.

"Pretty good. Did my normal routines. Nothing special really." I replied with a shrug.

Sal nodded his head and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, feeling my gut flutter with butterflies. I saw Sal was wearing the watch I gave him, making me grab for my locket around my neck. I played with it, looking down at the table. It was getting quiet between us. We both had something in mind and we both knew it. We just didn't know when to say it or how.

"Sal" "Addison"

We chuckled. "You go first." I said

"No, you go first." Sal replied.

"No, go first. Mine is pretty big and can wait." I said with a small smirk.

Sal rolled his eyes and took a deep breath in. "My parents want to meet you pretty soon. So, next week, we are going out to see them." I think my face dropped because Sal's face became concerned. "What's wrong? Is-is that not okay?"

"I-it's fine! Just...I don't think I will be able to make it that day. I have-"

"Oh, let me guess, another interview you have to go to?" I nodded my head. "Why don't you just stay with us on the show! You worked hard to be part of the crew!"

"I want to! But I just don't see myself staying as a cameraman for 'the show that had to cancel because fans were pushing it' Impractical Jokers! You know the show isn't going to work if you don't move, right? The fans are going to bombard New York before you know it!" I argued.

"Wow Addison, I can't believe you're being so selfish." Sal remarked.

"Selfish!" I cried out. "I'm being selfish here?! I was just speaking the truth! If you guys don't start moving around, the show won't work! Simple. As. That! How can I be selfish if I'm just saying that the show won't go anywhere if you aren't careful what you guys are doing on the show!"

"Well why don't you talk to the producers about it instead of lashing out on me! Jesus. Simple. As. That!" Sal mocked.

My jaw dropped. "Holy cow Sal! Why are you so rude?!"

Sal didn't answer. He just leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. I was getting upset, and I didn't enjoy this.

"I'm going to ask again," I said through gritted teeth, "Why are you being so rude?"

"Pfft, me? Being rude? Ha. You should hear your tone. All I did was ask about dinner at my parents house next week and you lashed out at me!" Sal sassed.

"See, that's where you are wrong, Salvatore. See, you told me about meeting your parents, I said I couldn't make it, and you lashed at me for me having another job interview. You didn't even let me speak!" I sassed back.

"Okay then, if I didn't let you speak, then speak now! Maybe that'll shut your trap up and we can get through this hellish dinner." Sal said very rudely.

Tears started to prick my eyes at this point, but I tried my best to hold them back. Though with all my effort, I couldn't. The fire inside me wouldn't burn out and that pierced my eyes to let the tears to fall.

"You know what, fine! What my big, but now 'really lame' news was that I was accepted to one of the jobs in New Jersey and that they wanted to test out my skills starting tomorrow through Wednesday." I spoke without any nice tones.

Sal's jaw flew down. "Wow...Addison...that's amazing!"

"Oh, so now you think it's amazing! Now that I've told you that I'm going to get a new job! Now you think that it's all fun!" I cried.

"Yeah-Well, I don't know! I just thought that-"

"Just saying congrats would make me feel better, wasn't it?" Sal kept quiet and just shrunk his head down. "I thought so. You know, I thought that you would actually care about my choices! I thought that you would be supportive on my decisions! But what it turns out to be is that you just care that I'm part of your little tv show, isn't it? That's all you wanted me for?! Well, guess what Sal, that's not happening! And you want to know something else?" Sal's eyes averted to mine. "I was actually considering staying to work on the show if this interview/checkup didn't work out. Turns out I will just have to find I new job."

"Addison-"

"What Sal? You want to kiss me and tell me I'm sorry after telling me I'm useless and I can't find another job? Because I'm pretty sure that's what's going through your head right now."

Sal stayed quiet for a few minutes. "Why don't you let me speak?"

"Why don't you make up your goddamn mind for once! If you actually loved me, you would've accepted my choices!" I yelled at him.

We sat in silence. Tears ran down my cheeks as Sal just sat in his chair, playing with his utensils. The waiter came to our table as we just sat there.

"Here's your food-"

"You know what, take mine back. I'm not going to eat mine." I said, keeping my eyes on Sal.

Sal's eyes shot up. "You're leaving?"

"Yes. And probably for good. I don't know if I can stand you not being able to support me on my decisions." I said harshly.

I got up and so did Sal. He grabbed my arm and looked at me with his tearful eyes. "Give me another chance, please!"

"You has your chances Sal. Your chances in the pay and now. It's gone. I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can be with you anymore." I said.

"Please, Addison, you don't mean it!" Sal cried out.

I grabbed Sal's hand and took it off my arm. "I'm sorry. This is not working out."

I left without another word. The next morning I packed my bags and brought my dogs into their cages before heading to the airport. Last I saw Sal was at his window with piercing red eyes and his hands on the window, crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 147 42
Emily is a massive fan of impractical jokers and her favourite joker is Sal! But what happens when she moves to a new street and Sal lives across the...
323K 3.7K 61
complete. this is very old work, think i was 13? so everything you will read is cringe. you've been warned i do read comments now and then. you lot a...
25.9K 673 25
Sal x Travis story blah blah blah. I'm tired of writing descriptions 😭. No ghosts, Goblins, Demons, cults, human bologna, WHATEVER. anyways have fun...
5.1K 88 19
This is a little story I made about an alternate universe where Sal meets you at the apartments, and you quickly get close. You start hooking up, unt...