Chapter Eleven

When I got back downstairs, the guys had already left. Sal washed the dishes, which he didn't need to do, and stacked them neatly next to the sink. I quickly put those away so later I wouldn't have to bother putting them away. A note sat on the counter, guessing from the guys. I picked it up and read it.

Addison,
    It's kind of mean to leave when you're busy but we needed to freshen up, especially Brian. So, we headed out. I washed the dishes for you and let the dogs out. They should be just roaming the back yard. Anyways, I will text you after we're done shooting. Talk to you later!
-Sal

I crinkled up the paper and threw it into the garbage. Not that it was worthless, just what am I supposed to do with it? I looked out the window to see that it was a nice day out. Through the patio doors, I saw Lady and Speckles playing around. I hummed to myself. I went upstairs, put my bathing suit on, grabbed a towel, and decided to go swimming in the pool outback. When I got out, I set my towel on one of the lawn chairs, along with my sunglasses and hat. I took a quick glance at the water. I set myself up, counted down to three, then ran. I took a big leap and brought my knees up to my chest. When I got up to the surface, I took a deep breath in.

>><<

I was laying in the middle of the pool on my doughnut float. My butt was barely skimming the water through the middle hole. My head rested back as my feet hung over the other side. I was really comfortable. Though, I knew I fell asleep because when I woke up, there was barking then a splash. This made me jump and flip over into the water. When my head popped up, Speckles was next to me, licking my face. I rolled my eyes, collected my sunglasses, and swam to the surface. As I walked, I grabbed my towel and wiped my face and arms, not caring to stop. I opened the patio door, let the dogs in, then followed in afterwards. I jumped into the shower, changed into pajama pants and a plain t-shirt, and headed downstairs. It was almost six and I didn't feel like cooking so I ordered some Chinese for the night.

I went to the couch and turned on the tv to kill time for the Chinese. Sense there was nothing on, I decided to watch a movie. I put on Ratatouille and got myself comfortable on the couch. Not even two minutes later, the doorbell rang. I groaned and got up to answer the door. There stood the delivery guy with my food. I paid for it, said thanks, then went back to watch my movie.

As I opened the Chinese and relaxed back on my couch, I got a text. I yelled, causing the dogs to bark. I picked up my phone to see who it was. None other than Sal.

Sal:
Hey Add!

Addison:
Don't call me that.

Sal:
Sorry.

Addison:
It's fine

Sal:
What's up?

Addison:
Relaxing by eating some Chinese take out and watching a movie.

Sal:
Oh my god! Me too! Well, I'm just eating my Chinese. I just got home so I didn't feel like cooking.

I chuckled and shoved more food into my mouth as I replied.

Addison:
Honestly, me too.

Sal:
It's boring over here.

Addison:
Oh? I'm sorry...? What do you want me to do haha.

Sal:
Well...I was wondering if I could come over and relax with you. If not, that's fine! I can eat Chinese on this lonely Thursday night.