Chapter Thirty-Eight

"What the hell did you do to your hair?" Sal asked Brian.

"Addison braided it for me. It looks fantastic by the way, thanks for asking." Brian retorted back.

"You look gay." Sal said taking his boots off.

"I am happy! Thank you for noticing." Brain retorted back.

"You know what I fucking meant." Sal said in a hushed tone.

I got up before anything else happened. I walked over to Sal and planted a kiss on his lips, resting my hands on his hips. When we pulled apart, I noticed he wasn't wearing his onesie.

"Where's your onesie?" I asked.

"You have it, remember?" Sal chuckled.

I mentally slapped myself. "That's right. It's in my room now. If you want to change up there, that's fine."

"Let me out the presents under the tree then I'll go get changed, okay?" Sal said.

"Okay." I replied.

Sal pecked my lips before parting away from me to put his presents under the tree. I watched him set his bag by his coat then head upstairs. We all watched him until he was out of sight.

"Is it just me or does Sal seem to be in a grumpy mood?" I asked still looking up at the steps.

"I noticed it." I heard Brian say.

Everyone mumbled in agreement. I sighed and looked down at my hands on my lap. I fiddled with my onesie as many thoughts ran through my head. The couch sunk next to me and a hand started to rub my back.

"Don't let Sal ruin Christmas with his attitude." James said. "It's all going to be better, I promise."

I let out an airy laugh. "I hope so."

We heard footsteps come down the stairs, meaning Sal was coming back. James and I turned around from the couch to be greeted by Sal. He wore his onesie with his Santa hat, holding another one in his hand. When he got to me, he gently took off my crown and placed the hat onto my head. I chuckled as I fixed the hat on my head.

"That's better." Sal said. "Now I know you're mine this Christmas."

I smiled up at Sal. Sal gave me a smile in return and opened his arms out for me. I got into my knees on the couch and wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. Sal kissed the top of my head and squeezed me.

"Merry Christmas Addison." Sal whispered.

"Merry Christmas Sal." I replied.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Sal said to everyone in the room.

"Merry Christmas!" They said back.

"Let's go eat! Dinner's ready!" I stated.

Everyone cheered and headed to the kitchen. As I got up, Sal pulled my to the side. I gave him a confused look.

"Look, I know I'm in a grumpy mood, and I'm sorry about that. Just, I didn't get what I wanted and I wanted to apologize for-"

I kissed Sal. When we pulled away, he gave me a look of confusion. "What was that for?" He asked.

"It's because I forgive you, and I understand if you were stressed. You get that way around holidays. Another thing was..." I trailed off, a smile creeping on my face.

"What? What is it?!" Sal asked, searching my face for answers.

I chuckled and pointed up. Sal looked up and saw. It was a mistletoe I hung up just in case. Sal looked at me with a sly smirk, grabbed my face and kissed me roughly. Everything took my by surprise, but I finally caught in. We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We turned around to see Joe standing in the kitchen doorway.