forgotten outcasts » nct drea...

By ParamJennie

"You can't wake up from a nightmare, if you're not asleep." Where the eight of them wake up to the inevitable... More

"mom, we found survivors" - 01
"we can't just leave him" - 02
"where are we going?" - 03
"i could get used to this" - 04
"over my dead body" - 05
"and i'd gladly decline" - 06
"you look like a frat boy" - 07
"cause it worked" - 08
"no shit, sherlock" - 09
"we're officially all alone" - 10
"i'm kind of..naked" - 11
"i'll be back" - 12
"they're with me" - 13
"can that thing kill?" - 14
"we truly are no different" - 15
"i'm scared, miseo" - 16
"shit, we need to go" - 17
"don't tell me you're betraying us," - 18
"we need to get rid of her." - 19
"i want to help." - 20
"alive is a strong word," - 21
"i remember that," - 22
"who's next?" - 23
"i forgot," - 24
"are you the monster?" -25
"it's okay to be afraid." -26
"you can't love me." -27
"she died." - 28
"i believe in you." - 29
"i want a soul" - 30
"somwhere to start over" - 31
"it was better" - the end

prologue

3.2K 126 75
By ParamJennie

‹ the future ›

where the eight of them wake up to the inevitable future they were trying to escape

"Here, we have famous scientist Dr. Ko! He is about to announce some big news that'll change the world!" A reporter explained to the camera, the camera went to focus on the scientist behind him on stage.

"I am proud to announce that I have made life easier for all of us! These Androids, now have super natural powers to do all of the work like," he snapped his fingers and an Android behind him made a cup of water from across the room, float all the way to Doctor. "That." He finished snapping his fingers, while taking a drink of the water.

"Dr. Ko's upgrade for Androids is making life easier for us!"

"Easier? These tin cans are taking our jobs! How do you expect us to make money if there are no more jobs for us to have?"

"The amount of homeless and poor people on earth has increased dramatically, due to Androids taking humans jobs."

"Because of the numerous amount of homeless humans, the government has decided to get rid of all Androids, including Mr. Ko's invention that has impacted the world."

"Androids are getting out of control, they want to be free."

"Androids are killing innocent people because they can't get what they want. The government is still trying to destroy all Androids to assure us we are safe."

"Ever since the breakout of out of control Androids, the world has been changing drastically, now all humans are fearing for their lives, and their future."

"Dr. Ko has argued and made it very clear that he is not going to stop making his Androids."

"Our world is in danger, please stay hidden and safe. We all hope everyone will survive this attack."

"If only there were superheroes to save us from this mess."

"Are they dead?" A child's voice entered Miseo's ears. Her eyebrows furrowed immediately.

"I don't know," an older boy replied, and that's when she opened her eyes, her eyes racing around the room in confusion. Where is she exactly?

"Look, she's waking up!" The child exclaimed, as the two watched Miseo sit up from the hospital bed while holding her head from the headache. The older boy quickly ran to her side to help support her.

"H-Hey, you okay?" He stuttered staring at the girl with worry, he helped her to the edge of the hospital for her to dangle her feet.

"Who are you?" She asked, still holding her head in pain.

"Oh, um, my name is Jeongin, and that's my little sister, Paris." He explained, staring at her with a small yet assuring smile. She looked around the room, recognizing it as the abandoned asylum, once she saw the seven boys around her, her eyes widened.

"Guys?" She asked, looking at the seven of the boys in the hospital bed around her. They all were still sound asleep, but how long have they been asleep?

"Are they your friends?" The little girl named Paris asked, slowly approaching Miseo. She just nodded as she got out of Jeongin's hold and stood on her feet once again, stumbling slightly.

"Donghyuck?" She said under her breath, as she approached the boy who's eyes were closed. She noticed that he had looked the exact same from when they decided on that day to fall into a deep slumber.

"How'd you two wake me up?" Miseo asked, finally turning around to meet the two siblings who were just watching her.

"I-I don't know.." Jeongin replied hesitantly, still confused to who she is. Miseo whipped back around to face the sound asleep boys with a frown.

"What's your name?" Paris asked, approaching Miseo slowly again, her eyes glowing with curiosity.

"I'm...I'm Miseo..." She replied lowering her gaze, feeling saddened that her friends didn't wake up like her.

"Miseo? Ooh that's a pretty name!" The young girl complimented with a smile plastered on her face, as she hugged the teddy bear in her hands to her chest.

"Thanks..." Miseo mumbled, still slightly frowning. After a long silence of just thinking, Miseo lifted her gaze again.

"C'mon guys wake up..." She mumbled, starting to shake Donghyuck's shoulders. Slowly, Donghyuck opened his eyes, fluttering his eyelashes while furrowing his eyebrows.

"He's awake?" Jeongin questioned, flinching as he stood back on his feet.

"Donghyuck!" Miseo exclaimed, pulling the boy into an embrace. Donghyuck was still confused as fuck, but hearing her voice, the memories started to back to him.

"Miseo?" He questioned as he pulled away from the hug to look at Miseo with surprised eyes. "What?– But, how are we awake?"

"I don't know!" Miseo chuckled as she stared at Donghyuck with bright smile. She was happy he was awake.

"Do we wake the others?" He questioned turning his head to look at the other members still sound asleep. Miseo nodded and they both immediately started waking the others, the last one being Renjun, the last to the right.

Miseo quickly ran to his side, shaking his shoulders to wake him up. After a few seconds of him staying silent, her eyebrows furrowed as she felt her heart sink.

Without thinking she slapped him across the face, and to her surprise, his eyes shot open as he sat up on the bed and breathed heavily. He looked over at Miseo with his eyebrows knitted.

"Miseo?" He questioned while breathing heavily. She pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back. "Why're you acting like we haven't seen each other for a long time? Didn't you see me in your dreams?"

"Yeah...I did..." She mumbled hesitantly, but Renjun ignored the suspicious tone of her voice.

"Why did we wake up?" They heard Mark question as He stood behind them, rubbing his temples from the headache he must be having.

"I don't know," Jaemin replied. "but who are you two?" He asked referring to Jeongin and Paris.

"Oh, uh, guys this is Jeongin and his sister Paris, they're the ones that kind of woke me up." Miseo explained, pulling away from the hug, and walking towards the two siblings.

"Yeah, but, why do we have to wake up? Why can't we just stay in our dreams?" Jisung whined, as he rubbed his eyes from the tiredness. Suddenly Chenle gasped remembering something, catching everyone's attention.

"Guys, we woke up!" Chenle stated the obvious making everyone look at him with a confused expression. "Which means something has changed! What if they accept us now?!" He exclaimed, not wasting any time, and running out of the room.

"No–" Jeongin tried to tell him something, but the boy already had left the room.

"Chenle!" Jaemin yelled before everyone started running after him. But, before Miseo could run with the others, someone pulled her wrist, making her turn around and get pulled into an embrace. She looked up to see Jeno.

"It's good to hug you again. The real you." He whispered as he rested his head on her shoulder, while closing his eyes.

"Do you think Chenle's right? About the world, that it's changed?" Miseo asked, hugging his waist. "How long as it even been since we put ourselves to sleep?"

Before Jeno could reply, they heard Chenle's yells echoing through the hallway. They quickly released each other's grip and ran towards where his voice came from.

Jeongin and Paris ran behind them, and when they made it to the others, both Miseo and Jeno bent down and gripped their knees from exhaustion.

"Chenle, what happened–" Jeno shut up immediately when he saw what was in front of them. Outside the front doors of this asylum was the rest of the city at it's worst.

"Oh my god." Jaemin mumbled as they all stared at the once bright and light up city that is now halfway burned down and deserted.

It looked like another world war had happened, and everyone seemed to have lost. It was hard to tell if there were even any survivors at all. When Jeongin and Paris caught up, Jeongin tried to explain everything.

"This was what I was trying to tell you." Jeongin explained, trying to regain his normal breathing. Everyone was in complete shock right now.

"What exactly happened while we were asleep?" Mark asked, looking over at Jeongin, and Jeongin gulped looking at everyone apologetically.

"Come to our shelter, we'll explain it to you there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 8K 44
- what if one day, you'll wake up, without me by your side? » NCT Mark Fanfiction. » Date started: 181217 » Date finished: 190201 » Wattys 2020 entry
450K 30.6K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
59.7K 1.9K 30
she follows her dreams but never expected to met a dream. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • book 2 of the social media series
366K 11.9K 40
Your average cliche high school story~ -Haechan X Reader