Blind Blue

By kuranda

When seventeen year old Cyan is involved in an accident his whole life changes. Left blind the once artistic... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Dieing days

Chapter 5

4.3K 161 11
By kuranda

“Hey Scarlet,” I said smiling a little. I’d given her my phone number before I left hospital and now they hyper ginger was on the other end of the line squealing like some, well, like something.

“Eeeeeeeppppppp!” she went making me cringe as I envisioned my ear drums bursting from the high pitch sound that was coming out of her mouth. “You’ll never guess what!”

“I know now what is it?” I asked laughing already.

“ok so, I take it you’ve had a chat with someone about getting a guide dog?” she asked me. I made a kind of hmm sound to indicate that yes I had. I didn’t know if I’d actually get one or not but I liked dogs. “So I had the chat and my friend Elis, she’s an instructor at the yard where I work and my best mate, was there and right in the middle of they guy explaining what guide dogs do she goes, don’t they have guide pony’s.”

“So let me guess you want a guide pony?” I asked smiling now. At least she’d always be around horses.

“Yep and that’s not all.” I could just hear the happiness in her voice. “Elis is going to let me ride her horse on the lunge soon.”

“Scarlet we need you now,” a voice on her end of the phone said.

“Aw dam, ok Cyan I’ve got to go now. Speak to you later.” She said only sounding a little less happy.

“Ok then, is it another operation?” I asked before I could help myself.

I just felt all that joy and energy go out of her as she answered, “Yere. Nothing big don’t worry. Like I said talk to you later.” With that she hung up.

I put my phone down on my bedside table before walking out of the room. As I made my way down the stairs I wondered what to do. Miss McColin was out at the moment and I wasn’t going near that door simply because I’d never find it again once I went out of it. I could turn on the TV but I’d never be able to find my show’s that I’d recorded. Sighing to myself I made my way into the kitchen. Feeling along the counter I soon found the radio and switched it on.

Listening to the music made me smile, at least that never changed. Feeling hungry I went over to the cupboards and felt around for something edible. Finding what I thought was a chocolate bar I unwrapped it and took a bite only to spit it back out less than a second later. Ugh, one of my dad’s fruit cereal bars, gross.

Giving up on food I put the cereal bar in the bin before going over to get a glass of water. I would make myself a cup of tea, because I really do live on tea and love it and really want a cup right now, but hot water pulse blind boy plus I don’t know where the tea cups are means I cant. Luckily I’d asked Miss McColin to leave me out a few glasses by the sink so I didn’t have to go looking for them.

Picking up a glass I felt around for the tap. Turning it I herd the hiss of running water before putting my glass under the stream. I felt it fill up before I turned the water off again. I drank the water listening to the radio as the song changed again. I walked over and stood by it, closing my eyes just for the sake of it. I smiled, humming along to the song. Then I went to put my glass down. I felt the solid surface under it and let go only to hear the sound of breaking glass seconds later. There must have been a box on the side or something that I’d only half put the glass on, dam me. And just as I was thinking it couldn’t get any worse the radio went jittery and I smelt smoke. My eyes widened in shock as I just stood there.

Suddenly it hit me what had happened and the only thought in my mind was simply SHIT! Running upstairs I grabbed my phone and presses the number one speed dial. It rang and rang and rang as the smell of smoke got stronger and stronger. Suddenly it picked up. “Hello, Cyan dear you ok?”

“Yere fine,” I told Miss McColin. “I, um, are you at home right now because I think I just set the radio on fire but I’m not to sure and yere um something’s definitely smoking and…”

She cut me of in seconds. “Go down stairs, stand by the front door, I’ll be right there.” With that she hung up and I did exactly what she said.

Just as I reached the front door it burst open. A hand grabbed me and pulled me out of the house then left me standing as they ran in. I herd the hiss of what must have been a fire extinguisher before the person I came back. “We’ll I doubt you’ll be able to use the electricity in this house any time soon but the kitchen survived at least.” Miss McColin said in a tired voice.

“I’m so sorry, I just,” but yet again the woman cut me off.

“Don’t worry dear, it was an accident and you did the right thing calling me. Now go get your things while I turn the houses power off. There’s no way you can stay here now, that socket’s fried worse than my Sunday eggs.” She said with a hint off a laugh. “I’ll call the electrician tomorrow and you’ll be back home before you know it, until then your staying with me.”

“Ok then,” I said honestly upset with myself. I really couldn’t believe what I’d just done. Mum and Dad were going to kill me if I wasn’t already dead by the time I got home.

Going upstairs I found a bag and packed a few things. I grabbed random clothes not caring what they were. My phone went happily into my pocket but I couldn’t find my ipod shuffle, why did they have to make those things so dam small? Giving up I picked up my bag and went down stairs where Miss McColin happily to my arm and chatted to me as she guided me to her house.

I hadn’t been to her house in years. Me and Kyle had never really been friends so there wasn’t much reason to. It was just as this thought was crossing my mind that something she said in her idle conversation caught my attention. “Kyle can show you around the house and your going to be sharing his room if that’s ok. He has this pretty cool bunk bed where it’s a double bed on the bottom and a single on top so mind you don’t hit your head or anything.”

Ow god I’d be sharing a room with Kyle, awkward much especially after what James had told me. A part of me wanted to be exited, sharing a room with this sexy guy and getting to stare at him all day and night only I wouldn’t be staring. I couldn’t see a bloody thing so no matter how hot he looked I’d never see his sexy but ever again. On the other hand I could always just feel it but he might find that a bit creepy, yere, just a little.

He was also known to be very homophobic (though I’d never seen it myself) so sharing a room with me, the blue haired, blind and so obviously gay it was painful, freak would probably not be his idea of a good time. Well at least he knew I wouldn’t be staring at him all day not matter how much I wanted to. Heck he could stand in front of me completely naked and I wouldn’t know. Now that thought just made me depressed.

“Careful of the step’s dear,” Miss McColin said guiding me up the step’s to her front door. I herd they key click in the lock before she guided me in. Letting go of my arm I had no idea what to do so just stood there. It made me scared that I had no idea where I was going or what was around me. I didn’t know where anything was or what on earth this place looked like. I was just scared, scared because I didn’t know, and it made me feel so helpless. “Come on, I’ll show you to Kyle’s room. I don’t think he’s home at the moment but when he get’s home he can show you around the house. Sound good?”

“Yere,” I said trying not to let my voice shake as she let me through the house and up the stairs before going along another hallway and into a room. She sat me down on the bed before telling me to make myself at home and leaving me. I didn’t want to knock anything over or ruin anything he had out or step on any clothes he might have left lying around on his floor so I just sat there. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 597 28
..𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 .. **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩...
477K 11.2K 45
𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰... "He went down on you, right?" He whispered into my ear, and an embarrassed blush creeped onto my cheeks. "W-What?" I stuttered. "...
13.1K 216 29
{NOTE: I WROTE THIS AT A VERY YOUNG AGE, NOT UNDERSTANDING THE PARTS WHERE I WAS CRAP AT WRITING AT THIS POINT AND HOW EVERYTHING IS VERY MELODRAMATI...