Not Your Average Football Girl

Por jeadeaday

**UNDER HEAVY EDITING** Kaeleah looks like the type of person you would consider a cheerleader. Everyone expe... Mais

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
A/N: Other Story Descriptions
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter 28 (Continued)
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

31.3K 733 245
Por jeadeaday

(This chapter is dedicated to Shimmer_101 for an amazing cover photo)

"No."

"Yes."

"I refuse." I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"Kaeleah you have to thank him for fixing your truck." My dad says.

"Why should I thank him when it's his fault that it got ruined in the first place?" I ask.

It's been a week since the crash and in that week, we won our last game that put us in the play offs and I got myself out of doing the play with Cody.

Our next game is a play off game that will determine if we enter the championships. Trust me, I will be busting their asses the week before championships.

How did I get myself out of the play? Well it took a lot of convincing, a 100 dollar donation to the drama club, and the sacrifice of my free period but it was worth it.

"It's the nice thing to do." He says and glares at me.

My eyes widen and he nods.

"You can't do that!" I say

"I can and you know I will. I've done it before and I WILL do it again."

"Do you know how long it took me to re collect all of my posters since that day?! A year! One whole year and I was still collecting new ones!"

If you're wondering what we're talking about, I got into so much trouble at school one day with the boys my dad was furious. He took all my One Direction posters tied me on a chair then made me watch him burn them. It was torture. There were very rare posters in what I had collected so far and he burned them all too ashes.

"Fine. I'll ." I say

"You have two days. I will know if you did or didn't so don't try to lie." he says sternly and leaves me alone in the kitchen.

I grab a gatorade from the fridge and run up to my room.

I sat on my bed and decided to call Cody.
*Ring...ring...ring....*

"Hello?"

"Hey Co-"

"Hello?"

"Cody, it's Kaele-"

"Yeah make sure you leave a message after the beep so we can actually talk."
*Beeeeeeep.*

I stare down at my phone in disbelief.

"Good job Cody. You made me feel stupid without even trying."

I don't care, I'm going to apologize to you for the sake of my posters.

------------------------------
Beep..Beep.Beep.Be-

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock. I don't know why I still have one when I can just is my phone.

I do my regular morning routine,  but I hid all my posters in the back of my closet for safe keeping. Today i decided to wear a white tank top with blue denim shorts. Simple, but cute.

I grab my school bag and duffel and head to the kitchen. Surprisingly no one is even in the kitchen today.

I fry some bacon and sit at the counter alone and start eating.

Why is it so quiet? I look at my phone and nearly choke. I'm two hours late for school. Two whole hours. Why didn't anyone wake me up? How did I not notice the time? That's what I get for staying awake calling Cody all night. I called him a total of 76 times and he didn't answer even one of them. He's ignoring me and I know it.

The phone would ring two times and then It'd go straight to his Voice Mail.

I put my breakfast in a container to take with me and head out.

I arrive at school when the bell rings signaling break. I only missed two periods so it's fine. Everyone stares at me while I make my way to the office. Have they never seen a girl come two hours late to school?

I have a mission. That mission is to thank Cody for repairing my truck when he doesn't really deserve a thanks. First I need to sign in to the office.

I make it to the office and greet Ms.Lola.

"Hi hun, what can I do for you?" she asks sweetly

"Tardy form." I reply with a smile.

She pulls out a folder from a file cabinet, the pulls a tardy form out pf a drawer and hands it to me. I gills it out and return it back to her. I'm about to leave when she calls me back.

"This is the third time you've been tardy this week. You're gonna have to see Mr.M." she says. I guess my mission will have to wait.

"A whole week?" Tyler asks.

"Yeah. He didn't give me lunch detention the last two times so I guess it's whatever." I say and look around the cafeteria.

"That's the tenth time you scanned the cafeteria in the last five minutes. Who are you looking for?" Camille asks.

"Cody." I say simply "I'm on a mission to thank him." I say and scan the cafeteria again.

"Well sad for you he isn't in school today." she says.

"How would you know that?" Kael asks with his mouth full of spaghetti.

"I have him for class." Cam says simply.

"So you're checking out other guys?" He asks with a hint of annoyance

"I can check out whoever I want. It's not like I'm taken by anyone, so I'm free to check out whoever I want. Right Kael? Just like you check out all the girls in your parenting class." she spits back with a smirk. Kael glares at her and mumbles incoherent sentences as he continues eating his spaghetti.

"Total burn." Tyler says loudly making the whole table laugh.

"I'm going to the library." I announce, which really isn't any use since everyone is making fun of Kael.

I leave the cafeteria and on my way to the library I make a little detour to the auditorium. No one is in sight which is a good thing, I want to be alone. I look for a song on my phone and play it out loud. I begin to sing along....

I found God
On the corner of First and Amistad
Where the west
Was all but won
All alone
Smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?"
He said, "Ask anything".

Where were you
When everything was falling apart?
All my days
Were spent by the telephone
That never rang
And all I needed was a call
That never came
To the corner of First and Amistad

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

In the end
Everyone ends up alone
Losing her
The only one who's ever known
Who I am
Who I'm not, who I wanna be
No way to know
How long she will be next to me

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

Early morning
The city breaks
I've been callin'
For years and years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
Ya never send me no letters
You got some kinda nerve
Taking all I want

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Where were you? Where were you?
Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me
Why'd you have to wait?
To find me, to find me

I hear clapping and look down to see  Tyler standing at the bottom.

I smile and jump off the stage to meet with him.

"Your singing will never cease to amaze me." He says and smiles his cute boyish smile.

"You're sweet. Never loose that part about you." I say. He throws his arm around me and pulls me into a hug.

"I'll always be sweet to you." I hug him tightly and kiss his cheek.

I've always liked Tyler, and not just in a bestfriend type of way. I've always liked him, but I never acted on anything. I don't think he feels anything for me. I do really like Cody also although I'm not sure where we stand at the moment.

"I love you Ty."

"I love you too Kae." I pull away and we walk around the hallways.

"So do you really have to appologize to Cody?" He asks

"Yes." I say.

"Your dad is a beast. I love him." Tyler laughs and I punch him. "Ow." He says and rubs the spot where I hit him.

"Oh shut up." The bell rings for fourth period so me and Tyler make our way to our parenting class.

"Our next game is a play off game. That will be between us and Lincoln high. We win that game and we head into the championships. I want 20 laps." Coach blows the whistle and we take off.

"Hey Leah." Austin says running next to me.

"Oh, Hey."

"So what's up with you and Cody?" He asks.

"Honestly Austin. I'm not sure. I'm beginning to have some mixed feelings about him. Like he's a great person, he's fun to be with and all. He claims he likes me, but he has a funny way of showing it."

"I see. So I'm curious. Do you have your sights on anyone else?"

Should I tell Austin about Tyler? I never told anyone about him so maybe .ow is that time to let it out.

"Well there's Tyler."

"That was expected."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Well it's pretty obvious that you two are into each other. It's such a cliche."

"Am I the only one who doesn't see it?" I ask.

He nods in response. "You and Tyler. The whole team was rooting for you two until you and Cody started to have a thing. Now half the team is for Kaedy and the other half is for Tyleah."

"You guys have ship names?" I ask with a small laugh.

"Don't judge us." I laugh a little more and look up at Austin since he's a bit taller than me.

"So who should I go for?" I ask

"Princess, that's your decision. But to let you know I'm sailing on the Tyleah ship." I open my mouth in surprise and he laughs at me.

He starts slowing down and I keep my pace. I look over to coach and see Avery standing there with my.....sister? What the hell. I continue running and stop in front of them.

"What's going on here?" I ask. Avery looks up at me and engulf me in a tight hug.

"Dude I miss you!" He shouts with excitement.

"I miss you too. I haven't seen you in weeks. Ever since I took you to that appointment."

"Well that's kinda why I'm here."

"What do you mean?"

"Now is not the time and place." Keana butts in.

"I don't think I was speaking to you."

"Look I may not be on your good side at the moment, but we can deal with that later. We have a bigger issue on our hands at the moment."

Wow, when did she become all serious? Either way she is my sister and I would kinda like to know her more on a sibling level.

"Okay then. So what's wrong?" I ask.

"Avery won't be able to play anymore." Coach Reynolds says.

"Why not?"

"Let's take a walk." Avery says and grabs my hand. "Kaeleah. I have a problem."

"Well what is it? I'll help you fix it."

"This isn't the kind of problem you can fix Kae." he says sadly.

"Well what is it?" I ask curiously.

"I have cancer. Stomach cancer to be exact. The chemotherapy stopped working and my mom doesn't want me to play anymore. I went to Hawaii to see a specialist a couple days after that appointment you took me too and I can't be helped anymore." he says sadly.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek and I pull him into a hug.

I cry into his shoulder and thats when i realize he got tall since the last time I saw him.

"This isn't fair." I cry.

"Nothing in life is fair. We just have to deal with it." he says in an attempt to comfort me. I pull away and look at him. Not just a glance or a once over. I take in every part of his body. He's gotten really skinny and he's becoming pale. His nice beach tan is disappearing and his eyes look dull but full of happiness at the same time.

I haven't known him for a long time, but he did grow on me.

"Something as tragic as this can't happen to good people. It's not fair." I say.

"Honestly I'm happy in a way. I get to be up in the heavens with my dad, grandparents, and my  older brother Joshua."

"I didn't know you had a brother." I say and wipe away stray tears.

"There's a lot you didn't know about me loser."

"What  a lame come back." I laugh quietly.

"Don't be all depressed. I want you to act like nothings wrong." He says and hugs me.

"Whatever you want." I say and hug him back.

"Ave! It's time to go!" Keana yells.

"I'm gonna have a gathering at my place. Be sure to bring the devils spawn along." he laughs and hugs me again.

"Oh and I'm all for Tyleah." He says and winks at me

I stare at him in disbelief and he runs off laughing.

---------------------

"So how's the baby?" I ask Mariah.

"It's doing really good." I have an ultra sound scheduled in two weeks and I can't wait." She says excitedly.

"Are you okay?" I ask sincerely.

"The dad isn't gonna be in my babys life but it is what it is. I don't need him." She says strongly.

Remember when I overheard Alys friend talking in the locker room? Well after Mariah told Alex about the baby he dropped the bomb that he was cheating on her. Mariah being Mariah slapped him across the face and totally told him off. I wish I was there to see it. Seriously, I would pay money to see it.

"That's my girl!" I say. I pick snowball off the floor and lay her on my tummy. If you've forgotten, snowball is my dog. I haven't had time for her and I feel so bad about it. Snowball is my baby.

"Oh! I have to go, my mom is calling me to eat....again." We laugh together and say our goodbyes.

I look down at Snowball and see that she's fast asleep.

My poor baby. I move her off of me and brush my tenth. I climb back in bed and soon drift off into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------

Today I aim to complete my mission.

"Why do you look so focused?" Tyler asks.

"I'm on a mission." I say seriously.

"The appologize to Cody mission?" he asks. I nod my head in reply.

"Whatever, good luck." He says and leaves me standing alone at my locker. What's up with him?

I see Lance pass by and I grab his arm.

"Have you seen Cody?" I ask.

"Yeah, he went toward the auditorium." I thank him and close my locker.

I walk to the auditorium thinking about what I'm going to say to him. Hey thanks for repairing my truck after you ruined it in the first place? Yeah that's good.

I turn the corner into the hallway that leads to the auditorium and i'm met with a sight I wish I never saw.

"What the actual fuck?" I say out loud.

A/N

Don't you all just love cliff hangers? So tell me, who do you ship?

Tyleah or Kaedy? Leave your ship in the comments. So here's the last update before the new year.

I'm writing this on my phone so if it's shorter than usual I'm sorry.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers! You are seriously all amazing.

Thank you so much to Shimmer_101 for making me an amazing cover! Make sure you take a look at it! You guys are free to make me covers, just message me the links.

Don't forget to read kianacee book Dead Rising. If you like the walking dead you'll surely love Dead Rising so make sure you check that out!

Vote, Comment, Follow Me

Love you Lovebugs c;

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.6M 64.1K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...
Receiving Por The Wise One

Ficção Adolescente

69.3K 1.4K 28
Riley Daniels isn't your normal girl but no one remember the normal girls that blend into the background. For starters her two best-friends are her t...
1.4M 48.3K 34
COMPLETED I've always been the person that does whatever someone tells me I can't. Can't graduate with a four-point-oh? Check. Can't win a modeling...
1.1M 32.6K 54
"The moon's really beautiful, if you think about it," I blurted. "Yeah?" he asked, mild amusement and curiosity mingling in his voice. "Yeah," I conf...