Rosaline

By Lauren_Chow

New chapter every Monday and Wednesday! Rosaline Sinclair is on the run. After barely escaping with her life... More

Summary
Hello Again!
WARNING ⚠️
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.

X.

34.3K 1.1K 110
By Lauren_Chow

I lost all sense the moment I caught Rosaline in the dressing room.

Initially, my plan was to intimidate Rosaline and take her home. While I drove her, I'd pry for information about her past and find another dead end. When I gathered enough intel, I would drop her off and never see her again. I would tell Maria and Xavier what I knew then wipe my hands of her.

That plan went to shit when I found her hiding in the clothing racks. It was amusing to say the least and I had to play along. I pretended to walk towards the door, making my steps heavy as I closed the door, waiting for her to reveal herself.

Seconds later, Rosaline poked her head out. Taking the opportunity, I grabbed her forearm and pulled her out of the rack. Rosaline let out a squeak and her brown eyes widened in shock at my deception.

As Rosaline stuttered her excuses, I was annoyed that I found her stuttering...cute? I scowled inwardly. I didn't do cute. What the hell was going on with me?

I remembered how close our bodies were to each other when I trapped her between me and the wall. I had leaned down to put my face towards hers, trying not to inhale her wonderful scent.

I also couldn't believe I gave her a nickname, using it throughout the night without thinking.

Flower? Where the hell did that name come from? I could see it though–her beautiful and delicate form brought beauty into this world, and needed protection in this dark world.

I remembered the flush on her face, the way she bantered, and attempted to lie. It was hard to be stern with her when she was acting like that.

I was ready to take her home, but Rosaline pleaded that she stayed for the rest of her shift. I was adamant to not allow her to get her way, but one look at her puppy eyes and I gave in.

Thank whoever was listening that Xavier wasn't there to witness it. I checked with him a few times about what I was doing, giving curt statements before signing off. There was no way I could deal with his antics.

For the rest of her shift, I watched her like a hawk. I made sure to have a nice chat with some boys that were eying Rosaline too closely. A simple threat and they fled the club immediately.

I knew Maria was amused by this, but the glare I threw at her stopped her from saying anything. I knew she was going to nag me when I got back to the mansion, but for now, she was holding back and I was thankful for it.

Once I was finally able to get Rosaline in the car, I thought I finally got my chance to get information from her. We were slowly talking about the city and Los Angeles when she suddenly got quiet. Rosaline would stare off into space, not completely focusing on me and she gave me fake smiles.

She had radiated sadness when she responded to my answers. My chest clenched at the expression on her face. Before I could question her more, she stiffened as she went to unlock the door, looking ready to bolt. Rosaline was grabbing her things blindly when I grabbed her wrists, hoping to calm her down. She only struggled more, her breathing turning to pants. Her pulse was rapid and throbbing against my fingers.

I cursed as I recognized the signs of a panic attack. Since I couldn't do anything but let it pass, I decided to get her comfortable. Taking off her seatbelt to give her more room, I tangled my hands into her soft hair. I reveled in the sensation on my fingertips as I massaged her head in a soothing motion. I murmured quietly in her ear, giving her words of encouragement until she came back into reality.

Not wanting her to be alone and seeing the exhausted look on Rosaline's face, the least I could do was escort her to her room. I felt guilty for prodding and quickly apologized, wanting to get her settled in. When we entered the building, Rosaline mentioned something about payments to her landlord. Before I could insist she rest, she knocked on the landlord's office door.

Now, I had to deal with the piece of shit who thought about manipulating my Flower. Koyle was too busy staring at Rosaline that he didn't notice me at first. There was a wave of satisfaction at seeing Koyles' face turn pale when he recognized me. The terror I saw in his eyes wasn't surprising.

Koyle was playing the cheapest trick in the book, hoping to invite Rosaline and take advantage of her. I knew exactly what sick thoughts were running through his head and it made me want to rip his eyes right out of his sockets.

He really fucked up now.

"Mr. Cohen," Koyle squeaked out, his confident posture turned submissive.

Rosaline looked between Koyle's trembling form and my tense one.

"Do you two know each other?" Rosaline asked as she rubbed her eyes.

Knowing I had to deal with Koyle without Rosaline around, I relaxed my posture and walked towards her.

"He's just a former acquaintance of mine. Flower, can you go up to your apartment for a minute and wait for me? I want to catch up with him and make sure everything is fine. I will also double check on your payment." I spoke gently into her ear, keeping my eyes on Koyle daring him to move from his spot.

Rosaline opened her mouth to protest but instead let out a loud yawn, blinking her eyes heavily. Nodding her head, she sluggishly went towards the staircase. I waited until she was out of sight before I walked slowly towards my prey.

Koyle seemed to snap out of his frozen terror as he went to close the office door but I stopped it with my hand, pushing it wide open. I stepped inside the small office, my large frame blocking his escape.

I couldn't stop the smirk on my face as Koyle backed himself into a corner. I tisked as the man cowered in fear.

"Don't be scared now. You seemed pretty confident when you thought you could manipulate an innocent woman," I hissed as I stepped closer to him.

"I-I didn't know she was a friend of yours, Mr. Cohen. I-I wasn't going to–"

I stopped his babbling and shoved him into a filing cabinet, gripping his throat. It wasn't tight enough to completely cut off his airway, but enough for him to understand the message.

"Mr. Monroe won't l-let you hurt me. You need me," Koyle breathed, a small air of confidence forming.

I chuckled humorlessly at his absurd claim.

"Mr. Monroe wouldn't bat an eye if I finished you right now, especially since you failed him earlier. You really think he will save you? He can easily replace you with a snap of his fingers. If I ever catch you near Rosaline again or even looking in her direction," I pulled my gun from my back pocket and harshly pressed my gun against his temple. "Then you have to deal with me - and I will not be as nice with my warning as I am now. Understand?"

Koyle nodded rapidly and I let him go. I looked at his slumped form before turning around and leaving the room.

"By the way," I called out to him as I heard Koyle slowly start to get up. "You have been cut off and your service will no longer be required – for both your incompetence and the stench you've made in Mr. Monroe's office. You have a week to leave the city or I am coming back. And we will be watching."

I laid my head against my door tiredly, praying that it would open on its own. For the last few minutes, I have been trying to open the door, but it was jammed.

I banged on it one more time before slouching my back against it, slowly sliding down onto my bottom. I rested my head back against the cold wood before closing my eyes, exhaustion hitting me at full force.

To keep myself distracted from falling asleep in the hallway, I tried to keep my focus on Damon coming up soon.

I determined that as long as I didn't get too close, Damon would be safe. Keeping him at a distance would be safe for both of us. I could form a friendship but not close enough to do any damage.

But he made that hard— really hard. Especially when he was in such close proximity.

Ugh.

In my mind, this logic made sense. But if I looked into it, even more, it was actually a disastrous idea.

I yawned, My eyelids feeling like it weighed a ton. It was becoming futile to resist sleep any longer. The panic attack I had really took a toll.

I vaguely heard footsteps as they pounded down the hallway until they stopped in front of me.

"Not much of a night owl, are you, Flower?" I heard a deep voice chuckle in amusement. "Why aren't you inside?"

With great difficulty, I opened my eyes to look up at Damon towering over me. I lazily knocked on my door with the back of my fist.

"The door is jammed," I mumbled as Damon leaned down to help me on my feet, wrapping his arms around my waist as I slouched against him since I couldn't hold my weight any longer.

"Jesus, Flower, you are ready to pass out in my arms," Damon grunted and I hummed as his chest vibrated as he talked, his steady heartbeat acting as a lullaby. Damon sighed before pulling one arm away from my waist, turning the knob and pushing the door open. I winced as the door banged against the wall and Damon brought us inside.

I willed myself to pull away from Damon as I slowly crawled into bed, not bothering to cover myself with blankets. I watched as Damon surveyed my apartment, not bothering to hide his distaste or concern.

"Shit, Rosaline. How can you handle staying here?" Damon said as he looked at the worn floors and walls. He looked through my drawers and cabinets that contained very few items. I shrugged as I curled into a ball for warmth.

"Money. That's why I need that job," I murmured as I closed my eyes. Hearing his rummaging stop, Damon sighed before I felt the sheets cover my body, tucking me in properly.

A warm kiss was pressed onto my forehead.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow, Flower. Sleep." Damon murmured softly.

I obeyed as I drifted into dreamland, unable to hear what he was murmuring into my ear.

"Dream of me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 4.7K 82
PART 3: Jake Danford saved Elena's life and managed to take her from Liam Williams' hands. Unfortunately, in order to succeed, he was forced to sacri...
2.6M 74.2K 27
He swiped my sweat-soaked hair off my neck, resting his lips against my ear. His fiery breaths blew across my earlobe. My body shuddered once again...
10.3M 358K 61
Caden Miller. Hot, cynical, and notoriously labelled the bad boy of Crestmont High. Attention-seekers flirt with him. Idiots fight with him. The ones...
1.1K 192 24
Cindy Powell uses detective work that she learned from her father as a young girl in her job as a real estate mogul Benson Easton's assistant. Benson...