The Doctor's Wife (A Sequel)...

By dgkitten

Highest ranking achieved in Romance: #25 GENRE: Romance, Erotica, Drama, Crime, Thriller BOOK DESCRIPTION: Co... More

ANNOUNCEMENT! (April 3, 2021)
Prequel: The Red Side of Dr. Greene
Chapter 1- Morning Delight
Chapter 2- A Lumpy Afternoon
Chapter 3- Hidden Agendas
Chapter 4- Exposed
Chapter 5- Trust Issues
Chapter 6- The Ripple Effect
Chapter 7- Under the Rain
Chapter 8- Graduation Jitters
Chapter 9- The Hot Photographer
Chapter 10- The Union
Chapter 11- Night Out
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 12- Dessert
Chapter 13- Patron Tequila
Chapter 14- Bi-wildered
Chapter 15- Passion
Chapter 16- Hash Browns
Chapter 18- Clues and Evidence
Chapter 19- The Beautiful Suspect
Chapter 20- Black Orchid
Chapter 21- The Missing Cases
Chapter 22- Curtis' Girl
Chapter 23- Connecting the Dots
Chapter 24- Tormented
Chapter 25- One Enticing Night
Chapter 26- Basement of Secrets
Chapter 27- Guns and Surprises
Chapter 28- Aftermath
Chapter 29- The Rising Star
Chapter 30- Bromance Overload
Chapter 31- Cages of Doom
Chapter 32- Bloody Arms
Chapter 33- Homebound
Chapter 34- Serenity
Chapter 35- Flashes of Pain
Chapter 36- Sunset Fantasies
Chapter 37- Remnants of Yesterday
Chapter 38- The Raging Truth
Chapter 39- Serendipity
Chapter 40- Blessing in Disguise
Chapter 41-Prenatal Visit
Chapter 42- Baby Madness
Chapter 43- The Real Talk
Chapter 44- Through the Lens
Chapter 45- Moonlight Chase
Chapter 46- Glorious
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 47- Daddy's Princess
Chapter 48- Baby Cravings
Chapter 49- The Doctor's Choice
Chapter 50- The Love of His Life
Epilogue - The End's Beginning

Chapter 17- Chaotic Nights

68.4K 2.4K 350
By dgkitten

Warning: Too much drama ahead 😅

****

XANDER'S POV

I immediately call the cops to report that Emily is missing. I don't care if it will end up as a false alarm. It's their job anyway and I just want to make sure that I did everything possible. This is Emily for fuck's sake and I have to do everything to find her tonight.

The officer on phone asked me a few basic questions about her and told me that they will meet me somewhere for further investigation and to plan for a search, and I sent them the Maxwells' address. They told me that they will be right there in a few minutes.

While waiting for them, I dropped by the cafe where Emily planned to meet Curt and asked the staff about her. I showed them a picture of her, and although some of them recognized her and even knew her, it was so unfortunate because they weren't able to see even just a glimpse of her since this afternoon. Dammit, I am getting frantic already.

Fuck you and your pride, Man. I will never forgive you if something really serious happens to Emily!

My own self hates me now, and I know Emily's parents would, too, if they will learn the whole story.

I try my best to be keen on the road as I drive my way back to the beach house, wishing I'd see her somewhere along the way but there really are no signs of her.

It could also be possible that Logan, that guy who texted her this morning has something to do with this, but the problem is, I wasn't able to take a copy of his number from her phone. We could have tracked him down with that fucking number. Oh, these impulses of mine should burn at hell.

I run back inside our house to look for her again, desperately wishing she'd just came back from somewhere and silently expecting to see her in our bed sprawled in her pajamas with her laptop on her tummy and a couple of twister fries stuffed on her mouth. Either that or she's in the kitchen making a vegetable salad and Salisbury steak with the best gravy ever that she has learned from Rebecca. We could be healthy eaters today but will finish all the fats, cholesterol, and salts tomorrow.

Did she eat an apple today? If so, maybe that's the reason why you left her this morning. Again, fuck you, Man. I'm out of here.

My inner fucker is just making this so much worse.

God, I fucking miss her already. I am being positive as I trudge my way towards the door, but when I swing it open, darkness and silence embrace and kiss me instead of my kitten herself.

I slowly run my palm along the wall as I look for the light switch. The joyless purr of Meowly from the living room echoes around the silent corners of the house, adding to the depressing burden in my chest. I look for the sweet cat and find her rubbing herself against my ankle. She looks up at me with her big, round eyes, those eyes that are looking so troubled as if she is also aware that Emily hasn't come home yet.

I bend down and sit on my heels to pet her head. "There, there, little kitty. Mommy's gonna get back home soon, okay?" She presses her rough tongue against the side of my thumb, and I'll take that as a happy response.

I almost jump when my phone rings.

It's Rebecca.

Please let her tell me that Emily's home now. Oh God, please.

I take a breath of courage before answering it.

"Rebecca, is she home?" I immediately ask her while walking back and forth in front of the couch.

"Xander...she's still not here. Curtis told me that they didn't actually meet and that her phone is unattended. Maybe she came back to the beach house. Are you home right now?" Rebecca's voice is so worried and it is making me feel like I am the huge disappointment of the year.

My face pales once again as images of Kim enters my mind. Aside from Logan, why do I have this feeling that she has something to do about this? My guts and liver are really telling me. Fuck this. Really, fuck this.

"Rebecca, listen to me. Listen to me, okay?" The up and down of my chest is pretty dramatic right now.

"I am listening, Xander."

"I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about, but as a precaution, I have called the cops to help us in the search, and they will be coming to your house in a few minutes."

"Oh my goodness! This is something serious, isn't it? What is happening, Alexander?" Her voice picks up into a worried cry, making me pull on my hair in frustration.

"I'm so sorry, Rebecca. I'm so sorry. Don't worry, I'm going to roam around the city to find her. Just call her other friends and those people she knows, please."

I know it's not advisable to be reassuring with unconfirmed situations like this, but I will not go home and sleep tonight until I find her.

"Yes, of course, I will do that! Call me right away for updates, Xander. We can't stop worrying here." she replies with a shaky voice.

"I will, Rebecca. I am going to bring her home safe, I promise." It seems like there's a huge lump in my throat as I said that.

"Thank you, Alexander."

Oh, Rebecca, you'll surely hate me if anything bad happens to your sweet little Lily...

I immediately dial Jace's number as soon as I end the call.

"Hmm...Greene." His voice sounds groggy like he had just woke up from a tiring sleep. Aside from his hangover, he must have been drinking again, as I can practically smell his alcohol breath from the phone.

"Did you happen to see Emily somewhere or have any idea about where she is right now?" I get straight to the point.

His annoying chuckle vibrates over the phone. "I don't fucking care about your girl, Man. "

My jaw tenses at his answer. "She is fucking missing, Dude. And everyone is worrying. Enough with Amber even just for a second, will you?"

He just responded with another round of stupid and drunken laughter. I take a sharp intake of breath and suppress myself to punch the wall, imagining it to be his stupid face.

"Look, Dude, I am not shitting on you right now, so can you please do the same to me?"

There is only silence for a couple of seconds, and I have to extend my patience.

"Where is Amber by the way? Can you check her? She must be with her, to you know, talk things out between them."

The moment he pulls another lazy laugh, I immediately end the call and throw my phone over the couch. Fucking useless guy, getting all dumb and shit over a woman who likes another woman. I know I'm getting a bit harsh, but my situation is more serious. I have to talk to him as soon as he sobers up.

Wait, what if she's really with Amber right now?

The bedroom door creaks open as Meowly gracefully walks inside. I sigh with the hopeful thoughts of Emily sleeping inside. I slowly head towards there, and as I glance at the empty bed, memories of our lovemaking last night sinks my heart even more. Dammit, I miss her smell, her kisses, and everything about her!

It's dark and depressing in here, with only the light from the moon which can be seen from the patio outside illuminating the whole room.

I feel like drowning...

Rebecca's message chimes in and my shoulders immediately drop as soon as I read it. Unfortunately, Emily's friends and classmates that she knew didn't know where she is, and that includes Amber, and this is getting even more alarming.

Emily hates making people around her worry. If she is out there somewhere, she would definitely leave a message or at least find a way to inform any of us. I try calling her phone again but to no avail.

Why the fuck did I let this happen? I punch the wall so hard minor abrasions messed my knuckles up. I sit at the end of our bed, nursing my hand as tears cloud my eyes. I watch as the white sheer curtains dance into my room from the open patio doors across the bed and desperately stare at the moon behind it.

Call me weird or whatever but I used to talk to the moon and wish something on it when I was young. And this situation calls for it again. I inwardly wished for Emily to be at least safe wherever she is right now...

But thinking that I am a full-grown man with a full-grown dick that had caused me all these troubles, I realize that this is bullshit.

Grunting, I stand up and look for my jeans in the hamper, the one I wore last night, and dig for a couple of cigarettes that I'd left in there last night. I don't usually smoke, but whenever Jace does, he will offer me a few sticks as well, and I think I need them right now.

I shrug my black jacket on as I make my way out on the patio doors. I lean back against the wall and light my cigarette up as I cross my ankle over the other. I look over my wristwatch and check the time. It's nine in the evening, and the police might have come now.

After a few moments, I head back inside to pick my wallet and phone up on the dresser. I am driving my way back to the Maxwells' when Jace calls back. My imaginary punch a while ago might have cleared his mind up.

I immediately answer him out of reflex. "Got your shit together already?"

"I'm sorry about a while ago, Dude. That was kind of foul of me."

"Forgiven. Now can you help me? I am already desperate, Dude. I don't know where she is."

"Aren't you supposed to be together the whole day? Amber has been here all day locking herself up in her room, and she's now with Mom downstairs. So I swallowed my pride and asked her about Emily but she has no idea as well. What happened anyway?" Even though he is slurring his words out, I can tell that he is trying his best to be sober.

"Long story, I can't tell you everything right now. She has gone missing since this afternoon, and apparently, no one knows where she is."

"Have you called everyone? Her friends? Have you called the cops?"

"I have already called the cops. She only has a few friends, and everyone I know has no idea as well. Please, I need you to track her down."

"Have you called her again? Is her phone ringing?" he asks.

"That's the problem. It has been unattended since this afternoon. I need you to do something."

"There's no way we can track her down if her phone is unattended. But I'll find some way."

"I don't know, Man, but I have this feeling that someone might have abducted her."

"Jesus, what did the cops tell you?"

"They will come and meet me for an interview and investigation at their house."

"Good, good. I'll see what I can do about this."

"Thanks, Man." Jace had been fucking himself up lately because of Amber, but I cannot deny the fact that he has been a good friend that I can always count on. I hope he'll also be a great help in this.

****

There's a tenfold increase in my anxiety when I saw the police car parked in front of the Maxwells' house.

I overhear Curt's voice as I walk to the door. I didn't expect him to be here tonight.

"We have already posted online, Sir. Me, Arianne, and Amber, her best friends, but the comments didn't help. Look, Emily is kind of an introvert and she doesn't have much of that friends aside from us, so that makes this search even more difficult."

"We understand. We will be putting her up on our website along with the other missing people and will be conducting a press release tomorrow if we cannot find her tonight." A deep, baritone voice answers in a professional tone. Might be one of the officers.

The door is slightly open, and from the vertical opening, I can figure out two policemen officers in their uniform sitting on the shorter arm of the L-shaped couch in the living room, with their backs on me. I can see Rebecca from here, with Henry beside her looking so focused and composed. The investigation has probably just started a few minutes ago.

Rebecca stands up upon seeing me.

"Oh, there he is. Officers, this is Dr. Alexander Greene, my daughter'sfiancé."

I receive formal introductions and handshakes from each officer before sitting down next to Rebecca.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I was caught up in traffic, as I have been roaming around, looking for her at all the possible places where she might have gone to." I formally explain. 

"Mr. Greene, we will be asking you a series of questions fast, and please be truthful and get direct to the point as time is ticking fast. Mrs. Maxwell here told us that yesterday was Emily's graduation and you were together since yesterday evening. So this morning, you left for work, leaving her at around what time exactly?" Officer Porter asks the black one who looks like the perfect policeman with all the toughness and professionalism his aura exudes.

"We actually have been drinking last night, went home at around 3 in the morning I think, and woke up really late. It was 2 in the afternoon when I left the house, and she was still sleeping."

"So she's hung-over this morning, and you left the house exactly for what reason?" he asks again, while the other officer, a younger, white one is taking down notes.

"I have to meet up with my friend who owns the studio that I am about to rent for my planned photography space," I answer in full detail as possible as I believe that this information can help the police a lot in their investigation.

Rebecca's hand flies over my arm, to my surprise.

Leaning in closer to me, she asks in a slightly confused voice. "I thought Emily said you were at the hospital? Didn't you have your duty?"

Shit. This is what I am talking about. I haven't told them about my suspension yet, and everything about it.

I cannot look Rebecca into her eyes. With my heart beating rapidly, I ignore her question and instead focus my attention back on the officer.

"So Emily thought you're at the hospital, while in fact, you were out somewhere for a business meeting?"

Sweet mercy I feel like I am in a trial or something.

"Yes, most probably. I think it was just a mere understanding." I calmly reply, but inwardly panicked. I give Rebecca a small smile to lessen her worry.

"Is there any circumstances that led to someone hating her, or do you know someone who could possibly be after her?"

Kim, Lara, Nina, and the other crazy girls from my past enters my mind, as well as Logan.

"I-I have a share of my exes, who happened to be crazy at one point, but those who can be potentially dangerous is out of state."

"Oh, sure you have." Arianne's soft comment reaches my ear, and everyone briefly turns to her. She just shrugs her shoulder as Curtis quietly scolds her.

I want to tell them about Kim, and everything about this mysterious person that has been trying to ruin me, as I think they can be connected, but I'm afraid of what her family's reactions would be. They will surely hate me.

"We will be needing their contact numbers and addresses, Mr. Greene."

"I only have two of them, with the other one listed in a paper in the beach house."

I immediately give them Lara's number and address in LA and put a mental note to text them Kim's address later when I get home.

"So have you been in contact with her while you were outside?"

"No, Sir. To be honest, we have some sort of...uhm, misunderstanding this morning, and I have to leave right away because my friend has been waiting for me for hours."

"So you were not on good terms when you left...But were you aware that she went out to visit her mother?"

"Uh, no. She has been calling me but I didn't have the chance to answer her."

"How many times did she call?"

"A lot, actually. It was already dark when I checked my phone and saw several missed calls." I feel bad for lying.

"So as a review, her mother verbalized earlier that she went home at around 4 in the afternoon, and after half an hour, she went out to meet Mr. Jackson at a cafe with a brown paper bag in hand filled with food that she intended to give to him, and from that then on, she went missing."

"Exactly, Officer." Rebecca answers. "And one more thing, I remember her telling me that she's hungry and they were out of supplies in the beach house. So she might be or have been in the grocery store," she adds.

"Diaz, take note of that." Officer Porter glances at his young colleague, making sure that he has written the place. "Mr. Greene, we don't have much time anymore. We need the address of your studio, and the hospital on where you are working as well."

I immediately give them the addresses that they are asking for.

"Okay, so we got all the information that we needed as of now, and marked this incident as high-risk."

"High-risk?" I question them.

"As you all know, Emily Maxwell is the fourth girl that has been missing this month, and we really need to exert the maximum effort on this case."

Oh, fuck this. Seriously?

"So there are other girls out there who are missing? Who is doing this?" Henry exclaimed with a loud yet controlled voice.

"Your daughter's case might be a different one, that's why we need to investigate first before jumping to conclusions," Diaz responds this time.

Rebecca starts to cry on Henry's shoulder, while Curtis scoffs in frustration. Lance is just quiet the whole time, but his knees are visibly shaking.

"Officers, please...do everything you can to find my daughter," she begs.

"We will, Mrs. Maxwell. We just need a clear picture of your daughter. Mr. Greene and Mr. Maxwell, we will be getting your contact information so you will be kept informed of the progress of the search and investigation. Also, this is your incident number and our phone numbers so you can keep in contact with us."

After giving them what they have requested, both officers finally stand up and head towards the door.

"What are your first steps, Sir?" I ask them, having this urge to go with them.

"We will be checking local hospital admissions tonight then will be doing house-to-house inquiries near the places that you all have mentioned. We will be updating you right after."

"Okay, sounds good. Thank you. I will be doing another search myself as well."

****

"Xander, why did you lie to Emily this morning? And what kind of misunderstanding did you two have?" Henry firmly asks as soon as the officers have left.

I don't know why I immediately glance at Rebecca. Maybe to ask for her help, as I don't know if I have to answer his question or not.

"Rebecc—" He cuts me off before I could even explain myself.

"My wife told me that Emily seems upset when she came here. What did you do to her?"

Rebecca puts a hand on Henry's shoulder to calm him down. "Honey, relax. Let me handle this, okay?" She then turns to me with pleading eyes.

"Alexander, Son, you really have been close to us, especially to me, ever since you and Emily got together, and I can feel that there is a problem between you two. Emily seems to be troubled and sad this morning. Can you share with us what is happening?"

"I apparently heard that you are not working in the hospital anymore." Arianne suddenly adds which infuriated me.

"Baby, are you sure? How did you know that?" Curtis asks her.

"Oh...no one knows about it?" It was too late for Arianne to realize that she has done a mistake.

"Since when, Xander? You used to tell me everything, but why did you keep this from us?" Rebecca asks me.

"Rebecca, there are a lot of things that have been going on lately, and I think it's better if you guys will just stay out of it."

Curtis steps in. "Emily is their daughter, and she is missing, so if this has something to do with her, I think they deserve to know everything, Buddy." He is clearly urging me. Seriously, why the fuck is he here and acting like he's part of the family and shit?

I know that they are correct, but I don't want them to hate me, most especially Rebecca.

"It is something perso—"

"Since when?!" Henry yells at me, and everyone is taken aback, including me.

"Since last week." With him as the father of the woman that I am planning to marry, I immediately answer out of respect while keeping his intense eye contact with me.

"Why did they suspend you?" he probes.

The begging look on Rebecca's face has gotten me weak. I guess I have no choice. The situation is persistently calling for it. At least I won't be keeping any secrets from them anymore, most especially from Rebecca.

I heave a deep and long sigh before speaking again,

"Alright, alright. I am going to tell you everything. Everything. Of course, there will always be possibilities, but this might not be necessarily connected with Emily's present case, but at least, you will be aware of what's going on with us." I specifically look at Rebecca. "I want you to be ready with what you are about to hear, and please, let me finish first before reacting."

So I just then found myself telling them everything, from the cause of my suspension which was fucking their daughter in the hospital, the CCTV, to Lara, Nina, and Kim who tried to run her over with her car, up to that mysterious guy who texted her.

"Wow, that was totally fucked-up. You should have told that to the police too." Arianne comments, being the first one to open her mouth after I finished talking.

Rebecca is just speechless. She is just staring blankly ahead with that gloomy expression on her face as opposed to her usual bright mood and smile, and I hate seeing it.

"I can't believe you did that to Emily. How can you do that to a sweet girl like her? I knew you were trouble the first time I saw you." Curtis spat out at me. "You know what, none of this would have happened if she chose me instead of you!" The way he bluntly pointed his finger in my direction tickled my cranky nerve, but I have to control myself.

"What the fuck babe?" Arianne butts in once again with hurt and jealousy apparent in her eyes.

"Babe, please. Don't start here." He seems to regret what he had just said.

"You told and assured me that she has always been only a friend to you. So that describes those meaningful glances, huh?"

"Oh Goddamn-it, Arianne, can we talk about this later?"

And the two started arguing in front of Emily's troubled and angry family, and I have never been pissed off my entire life.

Oh, what a chaotic night we have today.

"So there were a lot of things that have been happening lately and we were not aware of it. Honey, did you know any of this?" Henry gets up from the couch with clenched fists.

Here we go.

Rebecca slowly shakes her head as her glance jumps from mine to Henry, and vice versa.

"I-I..." she stutters, seemingly having a hard time contemplating on whether to answer him or not, and it ends up with her crying on her hands.

To our surprise, Henry suddenly grabs my collar and slams me so hard against the wall I feel like my lungs have popped out of my chest. I flinch as he pushes his strong forearm and body against my chest, purposely pinning me hard against the wall.

"This is all your fault, Greene! You were her goddamn doctor and we trusted you, but look what you have done to her! None of this had happened if you didn't fuck her in your goddamn office in the first place! And you fucking left her this morning when you knew she was drunk last night! If something happens to her...Oh, you have no idea what I can do to you." he shouts right to my face through gritted teeth, and I swallow hard at his threat.

I cannot blame him for acting like this. His daughter was apparently kidnapped, and he lost his shit upon hearing all the fucked up things that I have done to Emily before. He's just being a good father, and assholes like me deserve this. I am just surprised that he could be violent like this.

Lance walks out to his bedroom and slams his door shut, apparently disappointed with what is happening.

"Can we all please calm down? Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell, please?" Curtis bravely interferes. "Maybe we are all overreacting, and Emily just went somewhere to breathe or something. Why don't we just pray as we wait for the police report tonight instead of having this ruckus?"

Despite Curtis trying to pacify the situation, Henry still didn't get his hands off me and I am having a hard time breathing.

Rebecca tries to appease her husband while crying. "Henry please! Enough! Xander, just...go home. I'll call you later."

"Rebecca, I will not go home until Emily's situation is confirmed."

"Just get out of here, please!" she yells at me this time and I am totally astounded. It's my first time hearing her shout and worse, directed at me, and it sent chills all over me. I feel hurt, really hurt as if I'm a little boy who was scolded by his own mother.

I blink the tears away and immediately storms out of the house, feeling really shitty and dejected.

I feel terrible, and I don't know what to do. I slide inside my car fast and grip on the steering wheel hard until my knuckles whiten. I want to hit my forehead on the steering wheel hard until it bleeds, but I have to stop myself from doing so. I need to be clear-minded and strong for Rebecca.

After taking a breather, I decided to roam around the whole city as long as possible. I know it's late, but I have to find Emily in my own way too.

I pass by the gasoline station to fill my almost empty gas and as they refill my tank, I suddenly remember what Rebecca has said a while ago of the possibility of Emily dropping by the grocery store which is only beside the station.

After filling my tank, I park my car in front of the small store which has 24-hour working hours and where we usually buy our groceries.

I remember that time when I went here to buy tampons for her, and where my car was vandalized by Kim...

I have to search for her address in her documents in my room and go to her house to confront her.

I park my car on one of the vacant spaces in front of the store and when I step out of it, I freeze in my tracks upon seeing a green paper bag on the ground, with its contents pouring out from it and scattered around; a couple of veggies, fruits, chips, and some drink. It looks like someone accidentally dropped them before stepping inside the car or something.

While picking them up, a smaller brown bag has caught my attention. It has Curtis' name on it in black Whiteboard marker ink. A drum roll in my chest metaphorically activates as I open it and get to see some Hash browns in it.

Hash browns...

She probably had told Rebecca to make her new ones because I burnt hers this morning. And we are out of eggs and other stuff, maybe that's why she went home to let her mother cook for her.

Oh, God.

My emotions immediately burst as I silently cry in the parking lot while hugging the grocery bag.

*****To be continued*****

A/N:

Thanks for reading! Sorry for another late update. I got busy during the 5-day Eid Holidays and lost my focus. I also watched 13 Reasons Why season 2 and still have a hangover with the show.

So who do you think abducted Emily?

The next chapter will be published in two days I promise! If only this story is in my own language, I could update every day, but I'm out of English phrases and descriptions sometimes. Anyway, hope you liked this chapter!

Vomments ( Votes + Comments ) are greatly appreciated! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

888K 30.9K 26
WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST EDITOR'S CHOICE -- SEPTEMBER 2021 EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS AND WRITER'S REVEAL CONTENT AVAILABLE - NOT A PAID STORY Appearances can b...
126K 3.7K 58
Cats In the Cradle Sequel Daniel and Emma have been married for nearly one year, and they couldn't be happier. Their marriage is perfect on paper: v...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
507K 10.2K 35
❝We Will Have Him One Way Or Another, After All.... He's Our Deadly Obsession.❞ ♡ Having one stalker is something, but having two? and the worst part...