The tale of two guardians (As...

By Noonecame1212

REWRITING IN PROGRESS!!!! There are many timelines in which a young boy dies and a robot is built to take his... More

Chapter 1: The Orphanage
Chapter 2: Happy Birthday
New friends
Kia
The entrance exam
The black onyx pendant
The capital
The first day of school
The training starts
Bandits!?
A day off
A New Friend and A New Plan
Tobio's awakening
Sitting under the setting sun
The Guardian's Sparring Match
Astro's 101 Training Course
A Day at The Palace
Your Dark Past
Tobio's true nature
A Late Afternoon
The Very First
A Castle Full of Stone
The Final Battle
The Banquet
A visit back home
The first job
Zoran
Rivals
Two heads are worse than one
A walkthrough in the ruins
Dark
A plan put into action
The return of the trials
A return to the past
A new member of the squad
Birthdays (Part 1)
Birthdays (part 2)
The branded pervert
A rising problem
A new land
The harsh truth
Learning a few new tricks
A battle has come to an end

The trial

497 21 12
By Noonecame1212

The skies turned green with black thunder roaring across the land. The citizens of Metro City hid within their homes while cowering at the fearsome sight. From inside the dorms, Sabrina pressed her palm against the cool glass as she stared through the window, her brows knotted together with worry. Kennedy and Alejo hung out by your bedside while Abercrombie and Reno had disappeared somewhere. They then looked down at your sleeping face.

"Is this really the time to be taking naps?" Kennedy quietly muttered to himself. Alejo gave him a sharp jab to the side and he frowned at him.

"She's been through a lot. Let her rest." Kennedy rubbed his sore ribs as Sabrina tore herself away from the window. She then walked over to her bed and she collapsed into the comfy mattress while biting back the urge to cry.

"I wonder if my father is okay...." she mumbled into her pillow, making the two boys look up at her. Soon enough, they began to brood over the dangerous situation they were in. You slept rather well as all of your worries drifted away. Well, most of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A forest of flowers grew in the wilderness with a wall of lush green trees surrounding the floral area. You took a careful step through the healthy green grass and you breathed in the earthly pine scent. For a dream, these sensations felt all too real. You let out a long sigh and you seated yourself within the flower bed, making yourself comfortable.

'This place is beautiful, it almost reminds me of the outlands.' You inwardly admitted as you gazed in admiration at the pretty sight. A light hint of grey then caught your eye, making you look towards the area furthest from you. You squinted your eyes in an attempt to focus more on the object sitting in the far distance. Out of curiosity, you got to your feet and you began to approach the strange object.

As you neared the end of the flower bed, upon closer inspection, you saw that it was a grave. Moss encased every crevice of the stone and vines covered the name written on the grave stone, making it almost impossible to read. You cocked your head to the side in wonder and slowed to a stop.

"Who's grave is this...?" You asked yourself. This grave stone looked like it had been here for a very long time. With a deep breath, you reached forwards to rip away the vines so that you could read the name engraved here. Right before you could touch it, two hands shot out of the earth beneath you, making your eyes widen. You cried out in alarm as they grasped your wrists, their touch chilling your to the bone.

With a heavy yank, you were brought to your knees and you stared down at the gravestone with a frightened gaze. You struggled to resist but their grip was too strong.

"L-Let me go! I-I don't want to go down there, please!" You shouted as the deathly hands brought you closer and closer to the ground. The moment your fingertips even grazed the earth's surface, a strong current pulled your closer to the ground. Your breath hitched in your throat as your arms sunk into the dirt and the earth swallowed you whole.

You clenched your eyes shut as your body floated within the dark abyss. It felt so cold here, like nothing else you've felt before. 'Am I...dead? Is this what it's like to die?' You carefully opened your eyes. As expected, there was nothing. Only an empty void. Fear clutched at your heart, making it almost impossible to breathe.

"You're not dead, so relax." A calming voice whispered into your ear. Your eyes snapped open and you instantly recognised this voice. You whipped your head towards the voice and you gasped. Chains hung from her body as your incarnation from long ago stood before you. She cradled the black onyx pendant in her palm, her aura illuminating the area around her.

"It's you! But why are you..." you trailed off, unsure as of whether to ask or not. She muffled a chuckle as she smiled at you.

"You've done well using the pendant's power to get here. You haven't even taken Lapis's trial, and yet you are able to access the power to travel through the spacial lines." She held her chin as her corporeal body hung above you in the air. "Certainly most interesting." Your head followed her movements and your mouth hung open in awe.

"Who's Lapis? And how am I speaking to you right now?" She gracefully set herself on the ground and she stood a good few heads taller than you. Her expression was beautiful, you honestly found it hard seeing her as your past life.

"I'm....sorry." Your eyes widened. She looked so sad, but why? "It was because of my incompetence that this world is in danger. I shouldn't have tried to break the curse, and now this is the consequence we must face." You ferociously shook your head and you clasped your hands together.

"Don't be sorry! This is all Tobio's fault for being a psycho. So please don't blame yourself." You slowly carried off. She gave you a kind smile.

"The power to break Tobio's barrier, it's hidden deep within the pendant. Come to this place in the real world and you'll surely find it." You pressed your clenched fist to your chest and you bit down on your lip. You then smiled with confidence and you nodded your head.

"You can count on me!" You exclaimed. Her features softened and she began to relax.

"I know I can. We share the same soul after all." You pumped your fist against your chest and you gave her a hearty grin. Despite the lack of scenery, the world around you began to distort greatly, and she began to disappear into the shadows.

"Take care of yourself." You bowed your head to her and smiled.

"Likewise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door creaked open, making everyone look up. Astro entered the room with Abercrombie and Reno following shortly behind him, clasped in his right hand was a set of freshly printed documents. Astro looked over at your sleeping face with a mild look of surprise before he beckoned everyone over.

"I've just received the notes from Nora. There's not a lot on Y/n's powers, but the weapons her past lives have used do vary." He revealed. Reno snagged one of the papers from Astro's hand and he showed everyone a picture of a pitch black gun.

"Apparently one of the earliest black onyx guardians from over a thousand years ago used a pistol as their primary weapon. This was way before guns were even invented!" He exclaimed excitedly. Alejo looked down at the picture with wide eyes, and he began to read the components for the gun's structure.

"This metal....is that zirconium?" He breathed. Reno nodded his head and he began going through the rest of Nora's notes.

"So many people have tried to replicate this weapon, but so far nobody has been successful. Only cheap imitations of it have been made." Reno flipped through the pages with great interest. At this point, Astro just sat back and watched. Abercrombie pounded his chest with confidence and he grinned.

"Zirconium is nothing compared to a diamond! So it's no wonder people haven't been able to replicate it." He boasted. Reno held a stopping hand to him.

"Hold on, we don't know if the gun was actually made of zirconium. This diagnoses was based purely on theory. For all we could know, the weapon itself may not even have any physical matter." He pointed out, making Abercrombie falter. Astro hummed in agreement and he sat on the end of your bed.

"That's true. But if we really wanted to find out, we could always study Y/n's scythe. It should be made out of the same components." Reno's eyes widened and he gasped.

"You're right!" Sabrina eyed the group of boring geniuses with a dull gaze and she and Kennedy shared a look. Kennedy then cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention.

"As interesting as this is, how is this going to get us through that barrier?" He questioned. Everyone had fallen silent as this question popped up once again. Reno stared heavily at the notes with furrowed brows, and Alejo soon joined him.

"What if we used these notes to create a weapon to break Tobio's barrier? We could even ask the teachers for help." Alejo suggested. Reno grinned excitedly and he eagerly nodded his head.

"Heck yeah! That sounds like a great idea! What do you think, Astro?" He asked as he turned towards him, full of energy. Astro looked back at you and he smiled.

"It's a good start." Their voices woke you up, and you groggily opened your eyes. With a long yawn, you pushed yourself into a sitting position and you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes.

"What did I miss....?" You mumbled. Everyone turned towards you and Reno threw himself at your feet.

"Y/n, guess what? We've come up with a plan to get inside the barrier!" He cheered. Your eyes widened and you were now more awake.

"Wait really? What is it?" Alejo dragged Reno back and he frowned at him.

"Hold on now, we don't know if we'll actually be successful." He admitted. Reno shot to his feet and he propped his hands onto his hips.

"I reckon we will be. Basically we're going to try and create a weapon that'll let us go inside the barrier." Reno informed. You stared at him for a moment before leaning forwards.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about the barrier. I can break it." Everyone stood in a stunned silence as you said this, and Astro leaned onto the bed.

"What do you mean?" He asked. You looked down at the pendant hanging around your neck and you grasped it.

"I spoke with my incarnation from over two hundred years ago. She said I had the power to do it, but first I need to pass Lapis's trial." Alejo immediately began to search through Nora's notes for the unfamiliar name while Astro eyed you curiously.

"What sort of trial is that?" He wondered. You shrugged your shoulders and Alejo piped up.

"There's nothing about it in these notes." You weren't very surprised.

"Yeah that sounds about right. Anyways, I need to find that gravestone. I think it might be the entrance to the trial." You guessed, almost wanting someone to confirm it for you. Astro looked back at the group before he offered his hand to you.

"I can take you there if you need me to." You raised your hand and you shook your head.

"No thanks, I know what to do. But I might be a while..." you trailed off. Astro gave you a pouty frown while Sabrina finally took a look for herself at their notes. Kennedy looked down at you with worried eyes.

"Are you sure you'll be okay going by yourself?" You hopped out of your bed and you stretched your arms above your head, popping your spine in the process.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It's nothing dangerous." You reassured while smiling at him. However, Kennedy still didn't look convinced. "But there is one other thing," you began as you looked over to the pair of geniuses standing across from you. A troubled expression appeared on your face and you began to brood to yourself. "I'm worried about Tobio. And I don't mean the psycho who's taken over his body. How are we going to free him?"

Everyone looked at each other, expecting the other to come up with an idea. Astro clasped his hand onto your shoulder and he gave it a tight squeeze while Sabrina looked over Nora's notes with a searching gaze.

"Well, it looks like one of your incarnations used a sword just like Tobio's. Except this sword was used to draw magical runes along the ground." She informed, peaking your curiosity greatly. She then raised the piece of paper into the air. "I don't have an aptitude for magic, but I have studied various magic symbols. If Reno and Alejo could create something to substitute for my missing power..." both boys' eyes widened and they grinned at each other.

"Then Sabrina could draw a rune that would help Tobio!" They both exclaimed simultaneously. A flicker of hope flashed through your eyes and you smiled brightly at her.

"Sabrina!" You wailed and you threw yourself at her. Sabrina gasped and she side stepped you, making you fall into Kennedy. The both of you then crashed into Abercrombie and the three of you were sent tumbling to the ground.

"You psycho, I don't know if it will actually work! We don't want to screw this up." She snapped. You untangled yourself from the others and you held your aching head. You then gave her an apologetic smile.

"Sorry." She let out a hefty sigh. Astro lifted you to your feet and he kept a tight grip on your arms as you looked down at the pendant. "I should get going." Everyone nodded their heads, and Astro's grip instinctively tightened on you. You looked back at him and you eyed him curiously. "Astro?"

"Good luck." He said and smiled confidently at you. You soon calmed down, and you nodded thankfully to him.

"I won't fail you." You closed your eyes and you focused on the pendant's power while everyone waved you off. In a flash of light, you disappeared right before their very eyes. A moment of silence hung in the air as everyone stared at the empty spot where you once stood, before they turned to Astro.

"Are the two of you a couple now?" Astro almost choked before he hurriedly cleared up the misunderstanding between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The world shifted around you, and you soon found yourself in the forest. Unexpectedly, you miscalculated the landing and you face planted into the ground. Your face stung as small grains of sand stuck to your cheeks and you shot upright. You spat out bits of grass and dirt before wiping your mouth with your sleeve.

"Ew, gross. Huh?" You looked ahead of you and you barely missed the ancient grave encased in overgrown vines and moss. With a mighty push, you got to your feet and you steadily walked over to the grave. You stared down at the worn stone slab, half expecting a pair of hands to drag you into the ground just like last time. 'Now that I'm actually here, everything feels so real. Wait a minute...'

The birds chirped above you, prompting you to look up. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue with hints of green lingering towards the castle. You eyed the trees and plants contemplatingly, and you opened your mouth in realisation.

"This IS the outlands! I had no idea a place like this existed here." You breathed in awe as you carried your gaze across the area. You then refocused your attention onto the grave stone. "If this is the outlands, then who's grave is this?" With a hesitant hand, you reached forwards and you pulled apart the vines wrapped around the stone. You then discarded the torn vines and you leaned down to it, being careful not to step on the actual grave site.

As you brushed away the moss, you read the name engraved onto the stone head. Your eyes then widened. 'Here lies Y/n L/n, 1785 - 1803,' you leaned back from the grave and you gently brushed your fingers over the writing.

"So this is her grave... from over two hundred years ago. But why is she buried all the way out here? Who could have done such a thing?" You asked yourself and you leaned back. 'L/n, that's her last name. I wonder,' you reached up and clenched your pendant tightly. 'What is my last name?' The pendant grew warm on your chest, making you look down in surprise.

"Let the doors to Lapis's Trial open before you." An eerie voice spoke all around you, sending chills down your spine. The pendant emitted a dark aura, and a thick miasma appeared at your feet. You almost dropped the pendant as you attempted to step around the miasma.

"W-What is this?" You sucked in a sharp breath as the miasma reached your throat and your senses were engulfed by it. You fell to the ground as everything disappeared around you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you regained your senses, you awoke to a complete wasteland littered with stone slabs imbedded into the ground. The scenery ahead of you placed you in a trance, cutting you off from your thoughts.

"Where...am I...?" You uttered. Even at the lightest whisper, your voice echoed across the plains. You noted the bottomless chasm wedged between you and the gravesite, cutting you off completely. You peered down into the deep hole and you swallowed hard. "Ok that's pretty deep. Where is..." as your hand found it's way to your chest, you felt around for the pendant. Your eyes then shot wide open when it wasn't there.

"The pendant! Where is it...!" You grumbled as you searched through all of your pockets. A low whistling sounded from the chasm below you, urging you to look down at it. Before you could even get close to the edge, a gust of air exploded from the bottomless pit, sending you flying back.

You gripped at the ground as you fought against the raging winds with gritted teeth, desperately waiting for it to stop. "N-Ngh...!" The wind storm didn't last long, and it soon died down. You breathed out heavily and you dragged your tired gaze across the great chasm. A single chain hung in front of you, connecting your side to the graveyard. Stabbed into the ground was an ancient black spear, and you instantly recognised it. You hoisted yourself to your feet and you approached the spear with raised hands.

"This is hers... but why is it here?" As your eyes followed along the chain tied at the tip of the spear, you saw that it lead to a gravestone that had been cut cleanly in half. You reached out to touch the chain, but decided against it. Something deep in the back of your head told you not to touch it.

"So you've come," a voice spoke to you from afar, making you look up. At the other end of the chain, your past life stood by the broken gravestone with a happy smile on her face. As the mist cleared behind her, many other silhouettes appeared by their gravestones. The longer you stared at them, your eyes widened in realisation.

"They're all my past lives..." you uttered in a breathless whisper.

"That's right. Welcome to the black onyx graveyard." A voice spoke behind you, making you jump back in shock. As you looked back, you heard the faint sound of chuckling and you desperately searched the area for the voice. It seemed to echo all around you, not giving you a fair chance of finding it. "Lapis's trial won't be easy. You have to face yourself like nothing before. Can you handle it?" You puffed your chest out and you stood strong.

"Of course I can! Who are you?" You accused as you twisted and turned your body, hoping to catch the voice by surprise. She merely chuckled before a warm presence pressed itself against your back, making you stiffen.

"If you find me, then I just might tell you. I'll even return the black onyx pendant to you." You held your breath and you forced yourself not to move. So whoever this person was had your pendant, and it was all apart of the trial.

A light wind brushed passed you, and you were positive it was no ordinary wind. Your head followed along the breeze as it circled around you, and the mysterious voice uttered breathless whispers to you.

"Out of anyone here, you are the most connected to the pendant, despite being amongst the living. You were wise not to touch that spear," she began, prompting you to look over at the worn weapon. Across from it, your past life stayed still as she watched you intently, as well as many of the other black onyx guardians. You felt their eyes on you, making you cower.

"That spear right there is what connects you to this life. She worked hard to build that bridge for you, and break you out of that curse." Your eyes widened as she turned her back to you and she began towards the other guardians. "Start your journey from here, and don't let your fear beat you. You can no longer use this path, but there are others. Are you up for the challenge?"

You clenched your fists tightly and you swallowed hard. You then nodded your head and you turned your back to the graveyard.

"I'm ready." You could almost feel the voice grinning from ear to ear, and you were nudged forwards. Your eyes widened as an ovular space appeared before you, showing you an area full of ruins. You cautiously made your way towards the mysterious portal, and you looked back. A cloud of mist completely covered the graveyard, hiding it from your sight. "Looks like this is the way." You told yourself and you stepped into the portal.

On the other side, rocks crunched underneath your feet as you stepped into the other side. As soon as you left the portal, it closed behind you. You looked back in alarm before letting out a small breath. You then took in your surroundings. Ahead of you there was a set of large stone doors, and old cracked pillars lined the entry way with overgrown vines and moss.

Beside you, there was a seperate room with its doors broken. You looked towards this room curiously, and you began to approach it.

"Y/n, please!" Astro's voice rang out in the distance, stopping you short. Your eyes widened and you doubled back to the entrance. As you searched for your friend, you found him standing at the pair of now open doors with two other people. Upon closer inspection, you gasped. 'T-That's me! And who's....' Your heart almost stopped as you stared at Astro's look-a-like in complete and utter shock. 'Tobio? No, that's-'

"Astro...." you breathed as you stared at his pure red eyes and smirking face. Astro reached out for you, but you had evaded his touch and you walked through the doors with his double.

"Y/n, please don't go with him!" Just as you were about to disappear through the doors, he raised the white diamond pendant into the air and he yelled. "STOP!" You dropped to your knees as a wall of magic stood in between you and the two doors. You couldn't believe what was going on.

"Leave me alone." The other you snapped and she summoned her scythe. You instinctively pressed your hand against your chest and you held your breath as she destroyed the barrier almost effortlessly. Astro could only watch in despair as she disappeared through those doors. He then took chase. You watched him disappear through the doors with a gaping mouth, your knees too weak to stand.

"H-He just used the white diamond pendant's power! And..." you grimaced at the thought of the one who killed you, and you stood to your feet. "Is this the future? I don't know what's going on, but I've gotta follow them." You raced towards the open doors and you jumped through the vortex. You struggled to see what was on the other side, which made navigating through them a lot harder.

"My mission right now is to find the black onyx pendant. That other me had it, so I need to grab it off her." You told yourself, regathering your thoughts. The exit to this everlasting tunnel soon came into view, and you were almost thrown out of it. You gasped and you tripped over your feet. "Woah!" You barely caught yourself and relaxed your body. You then looked up and held your breath. The setting sun cast the world in golden twilight, giving the scenic view a beautiful glow.

You looked around the unfamiliar city with an open mouth. This place was nothing like you've ever seen. Kids ran by you while laughing as they enjoyed themselves, some carrying sticks and others happily following behind. You couldn't help but smile at the cheery group and your eyes followed along their retreating figures. There was definitely a more modern look to things here.

"This world looks so nice, I wonder what kind of place this is." Footsteps approached you from behind, making you look back.

"This world is much more peaceful than ours. We don't have to fight here, we can live out our lives as normal kids." You got into a defensive position as the other you stopped before you with the black onyx pendant hanging around her neck. She followed your gaze and she lifted the pendant. "Is this what you want?" You narrowed your eyes at her.

"Why are you helping him? He was the one who killed us two hundred years ago!" You shouted at her. She didn't look a single bit sorry for herself as she smiled.

"Tobio was right. We need to combine the timelines together if we want the world to be a happier place. Don't you agree?" She prompted and she held her arms out in a welcoming manner. You blanched at her failed ideologies and you inched away from her welcoming touches.

"Of course not! Tobio doesn't know what he's talking about." You said, knowing fully well this would displease her. And it did just that. Your comment had wiped the winning smile from her face and she eyed you down with a glower.

"So you won't help us?"

"No." The moment you blinked, chains hung over your body, surprising you. You looked around in alarm as she held her scythe, ready to strike. She aimed her blade your way and she glared at you.

"I won't let you stop us." A vortex opened up behind you, making you look back at it in shock. With the tip of her scythe, she pushed you through the unknown portal. You cried out as your body fell through the vortex. You watched her stoic expression disappear as the portal closed itself, and you fell on a patch of dead grass.

The skies were littered with the darkest clouds you had ever seen, blocking out even the tiniest specks of sunlight. The dead grass crunched underneath you as you pushed yourself to your feet, and you looked around at the broken buildings left to rot. 'This place is definitely not as welcoming as the last city, where even am I?' You wondered to yourself as you moved forwards.

It was too quiet. There wasn't a single sound other than the wind occasionally drifting through. The broken windows rattled with noise, making you look over. A figure than passed by the broken window panel, making your eyes widen.

"A person! Maybe they know what happened here." You excitedly exclaimed. You jogged over to the rundown store, about to call out to the stranger. You raised your hand and waved to them. "Excuse me-"

"DIE!" You almost fell off your feet as a tornado of fire blazed in the centre of the city. You stared at it with a gaping mouth. As you focused harder, a figure flew around the tornado, their entire body set on fire.

"W-Who is THAT!?" You cried out in alarm. The scent of burning flesh then hit your nostrils, making you gag. You slapped your hands over your mouth and nose and your heart pounded loudly in your chest. 'Are they the ones who did this?' You thought to yourself with furrowed brows. The reason why everything was so quiet, and this awful smell...

Your face turned deathly pale and you looked up at the burning inferno with a heated glare. You then ran towards it at full speed just as the creeping figure emerged from the store. Their neck cracked as their head followed your retreating figure.

A heated laugh slipped passed her lips as she stared down at the burning corpses with blood red eyes, the smile on her face almost threatening. The corpses below her were barely recognisable at this point.

"HEY!" Her ears twitched at the overly familiar voice, and she looked over towards the outskirts of the city. With her heightened sight, she saw you running towards her with an angry glare on your face, clearly out of breath. Her eyes lit up with familiarity and her burning orange hair fell to her shoulders as the flames over her body ceased.

You skidded to a stop as she flew over to you, and you almost choked as you were met with your own face. "W-What...?" Blood stained her cheek as she looked down at you with a searching gaze. An excited grin then appeared on her lips and she raised a mighty fist into the air.

"You're that girl! Onyx!" She yelled out, making your eyes widen.

"What!?" You jumped back just as she threw an ignited fist your way. You then stumbled back and you fell on the ground. Your elbows throbbed with pain as you brushed away the pebbles digging into your skin. "Owww..." A loud cackle sounded above you and your head shot up in alarm.

"You can't run away now. You're coming back with me!" The temperature around her had increased greatly and you eyed her nervously as you crawled back. A second portal then opened up below you, making you fall through it. You sucked in a sharp breath as you fell into the colourful vortex, and her eyes widened. "Wait, come back here!" She yelled and she reached out for you.

The vortex closed in on her before she could pass through, and you let out the biggest breath of relief.

"That was TOO close. Just what's happening here?" You mumbled and you turned your body in the air. Below you, you saw bright skies through the exit of the vortex. You held your breath as you braced yourself for the impact, and you fell through the vortex.

The world righted itself around you as you dropped onto the concrete. You laid there for a good moment. You then closed your eyes and you let out an aggravated sigh.

"When will this trial be over and done with?" You mumbled and you pushed yourself upright. You then turned into a crowd of people and you stood back in surprise. Now that you had a better look at your surroundings, the buildings in this city towered high over your head, and people wore ridiculously revealing clothing.

You covered your red face with your hands as a woman passed by you wearing a crop top and an overly short skirt. You then weaved through the overbearing crowd until you stepped onto a dark grey pathway with broken white lines lined in the centre. You breathed out a sigh of relief as the crowd of people kept to their respective areas.

"What is with this place? It's nothing like I've ever seen." You breathed and you began down the odd pathway leading to a set of colourful lights. A loud horn then sounded behind you, scaring the living daylights out of you.

"Hey move it!"

"Yeah, you're blocking the traffic!" Multiple people shouted at you, telling you to move. You looked back and to your bewilderment, cars of many kinds sat in a straight line behind you while others whizzed above your head.

"Ugh, I should have taken the freeway." You heard someone comment. You carefully backed away from the car and you looked in all directions. On your right, cars flew passed you at an alarming speed, blocking off your exit. On the footpath, people stared at you with gaping mouths while others went on about their day.

Tears pricked your eyes as everyone shouted incoherent words at you, threatening you in all kinds of ways. Unkind comments were then made about you, making you want to cry even more.

"W-What am I doing wrong? Just go around me! Your cars can fly, can't they?" You yelled as you looked around in all directions. People were now taking pictures as even more horns sounded. Your chest felt tight and hot tears streamed down your cheeks. Something then snapped inside you. You crouched down and you buried your head in your knees. "I don't want to do this anymore..."

"So you give in?" Your eyes snapped wide open and you looked up. Someone had gotten out of their car and they reached out to grab you. Before their fingers could even graze you, a pair of warm and familiar arms wrapped themselves around you and you were dragged into the air.

Everyone let out sounds of surprise as the ground disappeared from underneath you. You grabbed at the arm as you looked down in pure shock. You then turned your head and you were met with Astro's smiling face.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked you. You stared straight into his eyes, gobsmacked. Your eyes then welled up with tears and you hugged him tightly.

"I was so scared!" You wailed, startling him. His arms stiffened around you and he blinked curiously at you. He then adjusted his hold on you and he smiled.

"Maybe we should go somewhere a bit more private." He said as he gestured to the open sky. You gladly nodded your head and you adjusted your hold on him. At this point you didn't care where he would take you, as long as you could get some much needed rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 904 12
Amidst a war on several fronts and alongside allies in the light, a lone guardian ends up falling through a Vex timegate into a very new world. One o...
189 5 7
Going to school, getting up for work, chores, and paying the bills. These are daily tasks that we all have to deal with. Or as most call this, realit...
348 13 51
[I waited for you my entire life... and you were worth every minute.] Ardyn Lowell normally forgets his dreams. He's a normal young adult who has goo...
205K 4.8K 74
Disclaimer: Mature themes, smut (marked by a black heart in the chapter titles) #1 frost giant 03/07/20 #3 lokixreader 12/23/19 #1 joutunheim 11...