Haikyuu X Reader ; One Shots

By SugaCube11

Haikyuu X Reader ; One Shots Includes - Fluffs, AU's, Crossovers, Angst, and anything requested * Beginning... More

Olympian ; Tsukishima Kei X Olympian! Reader
Milk ; Kageyama X Reader
Accidents ; Sugawara X Injured!Reader
Champion ; Hinata X Reader
Accident ; Oikawa X Nurse/Doctor! Reader Part I
Accident ; Oikawa X Nurse/Doctor! Reader Part II
Promise ; Nishinoya X Injured! Reader
Protect ; Yamaguchi X Ninja! Reader
Rain ; Lev X Neko! Reader
Nights ; Tsukishima X Reader (Soulmate! AU)
Dreams ; Hinata X Reader (Soulmate! AU)
Nerves ; Kuroo X Dancer! Reader
Long Distance ; Kenma X Reader
Titans ; Tsukishima X Corporal! Reader
Awaiting Death ; Kageyama X Reader
You Are My Sunshine ; Hinata x reader
Dream ; Oikawa X Reader
Late Night I Love You's ; Tsukishima X Reader
Surprise ; Sugawara X Kpop Idol! Reader
Bro ; Nishinoya X Reader
Costume Shenanigans ; Tsukishima X Reader
Onesie Party ; Bokuto X Reader (Soulmate! AU)
Onesie Party ; Bokuto X Reader (Drawing)
Isla Nublar ; Tsukishima X Reader (Jurassic World AU)
Christmas ; Karasuno Team/ Yamaguchi X Reader
Rare ; Bokuakakurotsuki X Reader (Soulmate! AU)
Rare ; Bokuakakurotsuki X Reader Part II
Fan ; Nishinoya X Model! Reader
Portal ; Tsukishima X Reader
Help ; Psychotic! Sugawara X Nurse! Reader
Prank ; Bokukuro X Reader
Selenophilia ; Tsukishima X Reader
Just A Dream ; Tsukishima X Reader
Regretful Tears ; Oikawa X Sister! Reader
Prank Calls ; Tsukihina X Reader
Prank Calls ; Tsukihina X Reader Part II
Miracle ; Tendou X Reader
Flower Crowns ; Yamaguchi X Kpop Idol! Reader
Group Chat ; Tsukishima X Reader
Prank Wars ; Bokuakakurotsuki X Reader
Everdream ; Akaashi X Reader
Our story ; Iwaizumi X Shy! Reader
Scary ; Hinata X Reader
Don't Wanna Cry ; Kageyama X Reader
Summer Night Adventures ; Tsukishima X Reader
The Hidden Broken Boy ; Yamaguchi X Reader
Good Luck Charm ; Tanaka X Reader
Angel Eyes ; Sugawara X Angel! Reader
Pet Names ; Kuroo X Reader
Birthday ; Bokuakakurotsuki X Reader
Childhood Friends ; Tsukishima X Reader
Piercings ; Terushima X Reader
Vampire Reign ; Ennoshita X Reader
Notebook ; Nishinoya X Reader
Promise ; Hanamaki X Reader
English ; Kageyama X Reader
Night Sky ; Ushijima X Reader
Help; Psychotic! Sugawara X Nurse! Reader Part II
Crybaby ; Goshiki X Reader
Mistake ; Bokuakakurotsuki X Reader
Missing Words ; Bokuto X Mute!reader (Soulmate! AU)
Manager ; Iwaizumi X Foreign! Reader

X ; Asahi X Reader

10.1K 295 234
By SugaCube11

Asahi is not the kind of boy to be caught dozing off, and slacking on his school work. And he is most definitely not the boy who lies his head upon his crossed arms sprawled across his desk, and stares at the girl he's been admiring for months.

But, here he is now.

Asahi's school work and attention completely slip his mind as his warm eyes intently scan over your focused aura.

Asahi admires the way you continuously tuck your falling hair behind you ear, exposing the few piercings that litter your lobes and cartilage. Asahi smiles slightly as you furrow your eyebrows when you're having trouble keeping up with the notes, before the crease between them disappears once you are able to write everything down successfully and understand the subject at hand. Asahi slowly raises his brows at the sight of your jaw discreetly chewing on a piece of peppermint gum, that he's absolute sure you snuck into your mouth, as the teachers say "absolutely no gum is to be chewed in my classroom."

"... so pretty." Asahi hears himself whisper quietly, before immediately becoming embarrassed by his thoughts as his cheeks begin to bleed a light red.

As Asahi's eyes continue to not so subtly trace every part of you, he hears the sharp call of his name followed by a slightly too aggressive slap of a yard stick against the powdered chalk board.

"Azumane." Sensei nearly growls, quite strictly.

"Y-Yes sensei?" Asahi pales, quickly lifting his head from his arms and directing his full attention to the teacher.

"I expect zero daydreaming in my classroom. Do you understand me young man?"

"Yes, sensei!" Asahi immediately apologizes profusely, abruptly standing from his seat and giving the teacher a 90 degree bow, as required when showing your acknowledgment in the classroom.

Asahi can feel your eyes directed at him as he takes his seat, and refuses to even glance at you. Instead, Asahi keeps his eyes down on his desk, feeling utterly humiliated for his very disrespectful slip up.

Meanwhile, your eyes continue to rest upon Asahi, watching as his cheeks turn even redder than possible and regret fills his eyes.

"Tch. As expected from such a delinquent thug." A girl from behind you scoffs, immediately ripping your attention away from Asahi and towards the girl.

You frown at her comment, and stare at her in disappointment for a mere few seconds, before turning your attention back to Asahi.

Your frown deepens as Asahi shrivels down in hurt, before trying to be brave by taking a deep breath and focusing a little too hardly on what the teacher is lecturing.

Your gaze guides along Asahi for a little while longer, before you finally blink and shift your eyes back up to the front of the classroom.

Asahi lets the breath he didn't know he was holding in, exhale from his body in relief at the feeling of your tingling gaze leave him.

As class continues on oh so boringly, Asahi continues to fade in and out of the teachers voice, the cause being you.

Although Asahi has been in the same class as you for years, his interest in you hadn't begun until the beginning of your third year.

Now if there's something you should know about Asahi, it's that he rarely develops crushes on girls, in fear of them judging him and leaving him with his torn apart heart in his hands.

Meaning, when Asahi develops feelings for someone, his heart is in deep and he cannot control how he feels no matter how hard he tries to steer himself clear of the possibly dangerous situation.

So as Asahi's dreaded feelings for you continue to expand, he can't help but start to show accidentally clues to his new found love.

Whether it be the lingering stares, the way he perks up and smiles at you when you enter the classroom, or the way he opens his mouth in intention to start a conversation, but quickly closes it as his insecurities come crashing down on him like a brick.

Which all leads up to the screwed up situation Asahi has forbiddingly places upon himself, as he harbors feelings for a girl whom he's never talked to and never plans to.

At this point, Asahi has a giant black X representing his insecurities and anxiousness, slapped across his face, completely blocking himself out from any interaction at all possible with you.

It's sad, it really is, for Asahi go through so much trouble while trying his absolute best to figure out how to handle his situation.

So when the bell rings and everybody begins to loudly slam their notebooks shut and pack up their things, Asahi completely misses the sight of his pencil rolling off his desk and onto the floor next to your foot.

You watch as the pencil falls off his desk, and nudges your foot, practically begging you to pick it up and hand it back politely.

"U-Um, Azumane-san, you dropped your pencil." You quietly say, gently nudging the pencil back into Asahi's hand.

Asahi immediately tenses, his hand quickly becoming clammy at the sound of his name rolling off your tongue delicately.

Asahi attempts to knock himself into check, and quickly thanks you while hesitantly grabbing his pencil from your fingers.

Asahi adverts his eyes from the pencil in his hands, and moves his sight towards the floor before quickly glancing up at you.

And for the first time, Asahi's brown eyes come in direct contact with your own eyes, causing Asahi's heart to speed up faster than it was seconds before.

You stare back at Asahi, offering him a warm smile, before shifting your sight back to the supplies on your desk, giving you the opportunity to gather them in your arms and stand up in order to make it to your locker before the next bell.

And just like that, the black X covering Asahi's face, begins to peel as a sign for what's to come.

Asahi simply sits frozen, hand still outstretched, as he watches you retreat from the classroom.

After a few seconds of your departure, enough time for Asahi to make sure you're gone, he places his hands over his warm cheeks in embarrassment before abruptly standing from his desk and scurrying out of the classroom like a wild rabbit.

"Gahhh-I feel like I'm in some Shoujo manga!" Asahi sighs internally, as he literally feels his heart go Doki~ Doki~.

As Asahi reaches is locker, he lightly bangs his head against the metal door in utter distress, catching the attention of both Suga and Daichi.

"What seems to be the problem, Asahi?" Suga smirks quite evilly, not failing to dramatically lean against his own locker. 

"Huh? Nothing, nothing." Asahi reassures, attempting to dismiss Suga and Daichi's attention with the wave of his hand followed by a light airy chuckle.

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure I just saw a flustered looking (Y/N) rush out of the classroom, followed by an equally flushed Asahi seconds later." Daichi teases, lightly patting Asahi on the back.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Asahi stutters nervously, now trying to rummage through his locker as a distraction.

"Come on Asahi, why don't you just ask the girl out already?" Suga encourages excitedly, flashing Asahi his famous "mom smile."

"Are you crazy? I can't ask (Y/N) out! Are you crazy?" Asahi exclaims, so flustered that he repeats the same phrase twice without realizing.

"Come on, man. You've been googly eyeing her for months now. I haven't seen you look so smitten before. You have to act on your feelings at some point." Daichi smiles, putting all teasing behind.

"I have not been goog-googly eyeing (Y/N)! Besides, if I act on my feelings, I'm bound to get turned down without hesitation, and I don't think I'm prepared enough for that quite yet."

"You don't know how things will go until you follow through with them, Asahi." Suga reassures Asahi, nudging him slightly.

"That may be true, but trust me. (Y/N) will surely slap a big fat no across my face, leaving me to drown in my own pitiful tears as I continue to live among myself in this judge filled society."

"Now you're just being dramatic Asahi." Suga deadpans.

"Listen, I promise to confess to (Y/N) once I am able to gather my acceptance of rejection."

"Asahi, you and I both know you'll never gather the courage to confess to (Y/N)."

"Th-that's not true!"

"... it absolutely is."

"Look... I really don't think I'll be able to confess to (Y/N) any time soon. So you guys are just wasting your time here."

"Oh, Asahi. We can't just leave you here to suffer, thus we will help you reach the point of marriage with (Y/N), possibly even children!" Suga exclaims excitedly, pointing his finger in excitement.

"Excuse me?!" Asahi sweatdrops, his nerves returning full force.

"Now now, calm down. We'll start off easy. First things first, ask (Y/N) to sit with you for lunch tomorrow."

"What makes you think (Y/N) will want to sit with me at lunch?! Doesn't she have her own group of friends to sit with?!" Asahi cries desperately, his words getting louder as his nerves rise.

"Don't worry. (Y/N) often keeps to herself, and enjoys her lunch by herself."

Asahi frowns at Suga's statement, which apparently means a yes from him, as Suga and Daichi cheer in excitement and continue to babble on about the plan.

"I've really done it now. This is the point of no return." Asahi pales, his soul leaving his body and wondering carelessly into oblivion.

•••

"You... want me to join you for lunch?" You repeat Asahi's nervously stuttered out question.

"If you would be so kind to accept, I-I would enjoy that very much." Asahi stammers out, giving you a small bow while directing his eyes everywhere but you.

"... no need to be so formal Azumane-san. Of course I'll join you for lunch." You smile brightly once you catch Asahi's surprised eyes, before picking up your neatly wrapped bento from your desk and trailing behind a nervous Asahi.

Once the two of you find Asahi's desk, you take a seat and immediately tuck into your lunches.

"H-how are you doing today (L/N)-san?" Asahi awkwardly attempts to start a conversation, nearly hurling up his half eaten lunch out of stress.

"Oh, you can just call me (Y/N), Azumane-san. I'm... actually really great today. How are you doing?" You reply smoothly, equally as nervous, but you're a little better at hiding your nerves.

"I'm doing good today!" Asahi squeaks.

"Azumane-san, you look a little flushed. Are you alright?!" You worry, immediately abandoning the cream colored chopsticks in your hand, in order to place your hand across Asahi's forehead to check for a fever.

"Her-her hand is on my face... she's touching me, ack!" Asahi internally screams, his face contorting into one of mortification.

Catching sight of Asahi's face, you realize Asahi's feelings fairly quickly and immediately retreat your hand to apologize profusely.

"I'm so sorry! I had no intentions of disgusting you with my touch. Please accept my apology!" You practically yell, giving Asahi several bows, before ending your last bow with the thunk of your head against the desk as you keep it there.

"... no no no! You didn't disgust me at all! I'm so sorry for leading you to think that. Please accept my apology!" Asahi rushes out, giving you a few aggressive bows of his own.

"They are so hopeless..." Suga deadpans in the distance, causing Daichi to muffle his laughter under his palm.

"Oh, I didn't mean to upset you either! You have no reason to be sorry. Please don't feel burdened!" You gasp, raising from your bow to look at Asahi's still bowing form.

"I didn't mean to make you think I feel burdened! You have no reason to be sorry either! Please excuse my rudeness!" Asahi rushes out, a distressed look on his face as he stands from his bow.

You and Asahi catch each other's eyes, holding one another's stare, before breaking the surprised silence with your blended laughter.

As the two of you calm your laughter, it seems you're both at more ease and able to hold a nicely flowed conversation. You're even beginning to offer each other small portions of one another's bento, leading to shared chopsticks.

"... I really enjoyed having lunch with you today. C-can we maybe eat lunch together from now on? I mean, only if you'd like to!" You nervously ask Asahi, as the bell signaling the end of lunch rings.

"Of-of course. I would really enjoy that!" Asahi blushes, avoiding eye contact once again.

"Ok! Thanks again for letting me eat with you today! I'll look foreword to our lunches together from now on!" You reply in giddiness, before slinging your bag over your shoulders and bouncing back to your locker to put away your bento.

"So cute..." Asahi sighs, somewhat dreamily, before snapping back into reality and standing to go put his bento away.

•••

"Azumane, I know we've only been talking for a month, but I really like you! I've liked you since our second year! P-Please accept my request on being your girlfriend!" You nervously stammer out, looking down at the ground in complete nervousness.

"(Y/N)... are-are you being serious right now?" Asahi breathes out, having trouble taking hold of the happening in front of him.

"Yes!" You simply reply, holding your breath anxiously.

"Of-of course I'll be your b-boyfriend!" Asahi stutters after a few seconds of silence.

"Really?!" You shout, letting the breath you were holding in out, as you lift your head to look at Asahi.

"Really." Asahi smiles, rubbing the back of his neck nervously as a blush dusts the apples of his cheeks.

"Azumane..." you tear up, before lunging at the tall boy before you and wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Asahi." Asahi states rather boldly, as he carefully wraps his arms around you tightly, pulling you close to his chest.

"W-what?" You mutter, your face squished into Asahi's broad chest.

"Call me Asahi."

"Y-Yes sir!" You solute stiffly, pulling away from Asahi's grip.

"Sir...?" Asahi pales, his soul leaving him once again.

"Ah! Sorry sorry sorry!" You scramble to apologize, waving your arms back and forth in desperation.

•••

"(Y/N)... are you really dating Azumane?" A voice questions from behind you.

You turn around to look at the voice's owner, coming face to face with a small group of girls with nervous expressions on their faces.

"Yea, why?" You reply happily, proud of being Asahi's girlfriend.

"You're really dating a delinquent who's been held back for five years? Isn't that dangerous?" A girl whispers, concern etching across her face.

"What? Asahi hasn't been held back five years. He's 18. And he's not a delinquent. Not even close." You chuckle at the girls ridiculous logic.

"But didn't you hear? He tried to steal a girl's wallet! He was totally harassing her!" Another girl pipes in, shivering in disgust.

"No he didn't! Asahi wouldn't do anything like that. The girl dropped her wallet, so Asahi simply returned it to her. Don't believe whispers that spread, unless you were actually there." You state, becoming quite annoyed at this point.

"Oh, didn't he also get into a fight with a gang? And wasn't it on school grounds?!" Yet another girl pops out of no where suddenly.

"No! Where do you girls hear this stuff? He was helping a boy escape from a group of bullies tormenting. Asahi wouldn't even be able to look at a gang." You sigh exasperated, while resting your head on your palm.

"Oh... but isn't he kind of scary? How can you date someone who looks so scary?"

"I'm not someone who cares about looks. I'd rather spend my life with someone with an attractive personality. Besides, Asahi isn't really that intimidating. His looks are honestly just a bonus to me." You smile, loving your soft teddy bear of a boyfriend.

"What? You'd rather date someone who's nice, but hideous?! That's ridiculous. I'd much rather date someone who looks like a million dollars." A girl states loudly, several girls nodding their head in agreement.

"... you all are ridiculous. Besides, my boyfriend is worth more than a million dollars, inside and out." You sigh, standing from your desk and leaving the gobsmacked girls alone to continue gossiping.

"Hi Asahi!" You smile, hugging Asahi from behind, resting your cheek against his back.

"Hi (Y/N)." Asahi smiles, grabbing your hands securely.

"Hey, I have something I need to tell you." You abruptly say, your tone serious.

"W-what is it?" Asahi immediately starts to tremble, his insecurities taking over him as his pessimistic thoughts start to invade his brain.

You turn Asahi around to look at you, keeping ahold of his hands as you look into his coffee eyes.

"I love you, Asahi." You whisper steadily.

Asahi freezes.

Within moments, the giant X of insecurities peels completely off of Asahi's face completely, before shriveling to the ground and dissipating into thin air.

"I...I love you too." Asahi whispers just as steadily, tears sliding down his cheeks and dripping onto your conjoined hands.

"I love you so much. Thank you. For everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 89 20
idk what to put here-
3.1K 58 40
A compilation of one shots for Haikyuu characters Requests are open
253K 4.2K 25
[completed] Just a book of one shots. Requests are: temporarily opened >Completed< (These one shots were made when I first joined Wattpad, wh...
8.2K 205 21
Collection of one-shots featuring the characters of Haikyuu! Originally posted on Deviantart. Does not include all characters. If you have any ideas...