Here I go!

By Miki_The_Hero

I...well...all I really know about myself is my name...I woke up in a weird place and now I'm stuck here know... More

Chapter 1 - What The Hell Happened?!
Chapter 2 - We Are What?!?!?!
Chapter 3 - Sleeping Problems
Chapter 4 - You're A Duckpost!
Chapter 5 - Drunkie
Chapter 6 - I'm A Dead Ninja
Chapter 7 - A Lot Of Red!
Chapter 8 - What
Chapter 9 - How To Be A Squirrel
Chapter 10 - Memories
Chapter 11 - Unknown
Chapter 12 - The Bridge
Chapter 13 - White Layer
Chapter 14 - Truth Or War
Chapter 15 - Your Eyes
Chapter 16 - 7 or 13?
Chapter 17 - Makigan
Chapter 18 - Scared Of Heights
Chapter 19 - An Encounter
Chapter 20 - It Has Began! ( Chuunin Exams Part 0 )
Chapter 21 - Scar Face ( Chuunin Exams Part 1 )
Chapter 22 - The What Now? ( Chuunin Exams Part 2 )
Chapter 23 - The Bloody Sword ( Chuunin Exams Part 3 )
Chapter 24 - See You Later ( Chuunin Exams Part 4 )
Chapter 25 - Unbelievable! ( Chuunin Exams Part 5 )
FIRST TIME!!!
Chapter 27 - Alive Or Not?( Chuunin Exams Part 7 )
Chapter 28 - First Day Out ( Chuunin Exams Part 8 )
Chapter 29 - One Weird Day
Chapter 30 - The Unexpected ( Chuunin Exam Finals )
Chapter 31 - ENOIMPTTL
Character Info
Chapter 32 - Till We Meet Again

Chapter 26 - Oh Well ( Chuunin Exams Part 6 )

47 1 18
By Miki_The_Hero

A few days later
Mai's POV

"Hurry up Mai or we'll be late"Ayane said, her voice muffled by the bathroom door.

"And I'm done!"I announced, throwing the door open. I've been bedridden for the last few days because of my 2 teammates who literally tied me to the freaking bed! At least my injury is nearly healed.

"Come on!"Haku snapped me out of my thoughts as he grabbed my hand, pulling me forward and out of the room.

"Sooo...where are we supposed to go?"I asked as my friend kept dragging me around with Ayane following closely behind.

"Don't worry, he knows so he'll lead the way"the blond girl sighed, pointing at our smiling comrade.

A lot of pulling later...

"And we're here"Haku said, finally letting go of my hand. I sighed, stepping through the door to be met with some old and new faces.

"Sis!"I heard a familiar voice and before I could react, I was tackled to the ground. Wincing in pain, I glared playfully at my smiling brother.

"Oni-chan, get off, you're way too heavy"I cried, making him hurriedly move off before helping me up.

"LISTEN UP YOU BRATS!!!"a loud shout cut through the chattering voices, making my head snap up. Looking at the front, I smirked at the scarred man who's terrified orbs I met.

'Purple striper must've told him more about my abilities' I thought as I smiled innocently at the confused Hokage.

"As some of you may know, we will have th-"he started but was rudely interrupted as a leaf ninja landed next to him and whispered something to him before turning to us.

"We weren't expecting this many genin to pass the second round and because of this, we will have preliminary rounds right now. For this reason, whoever doesn't feel in the shape to fight will be allowed to step out"the chuunin explained, making a lot of people complain as some others stepped out. I felt someone nudge my shoulder. Turning around, I met the concerned eyes of Ayane.

"You should quit"she whispered, referring to my injured stomach.

"I'm fine"I replied.

'Don't lie to yourself, kid' Kurimi's deep voice sounded in my head which I wordlessly ignored. Not convinced, my blond friend elbowed my lower stomach lightly, making me yelp slightly.

"No, you're not"she remarked, looking at me sternly.

"I am fighting and that's final!"I whisper-yelled before huffing and turning around.

"Is that all?"the proctor questioned, looking at the crowd as our silence responded. He nodded to another ninja before turning to us and explaining the unexpected round. As we waited in anticipation for the names to get chosen, I could feel several pairs of eyes burning wholes in my back. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on searching for familiar chakra signatures and tried matching them to the direction those annoying stares were coming from.

'Alright, that's Ayane, this is Haku, this is without a doubt Yukie-sensei and this one...hm, who is this?' I thought to myself, sneakily looking in the direction to find a smirk of that four-eyed freak Ayane said we should stay away from. Realizing I've been spotted, I quickly turned back around.

Several rounds later...

My summary of the previous fights:

Match 1: Duckbutt vs some guy from Konoha - something happened to ducky in that dumb forest

Match 2: Weird guy with bugs vs a ninja from Sound - I heavily underestimated the insect user

Match 3: Kittie boy vs another leaf guy - kittie boy is not as stupid as he appears to be

Match 4: Haku vs Ayane - Haku is way too nice, he let himself get caught in her Genjutsu which made him go unconscious

Match 5: Hina-chan vs Mr.Destiny - Mr.Destiny would do anything to win; Oni-chan obviously has a thing for Hina-chan

Match 6: Oni-chan vs Wolfie - Oni-chan somehow fainted after he won, probably chakra exhaustion

I sighed, watching as the names got shuffled yet again before they stopped.

Uzumaki Mai vs Yakushi Kabuto

The board read. Rolling my eyes, I was about to jump down when someone grabbed my hand.

"What do you want now Sadao?"I snapped, not even looking at her.

"Mai I'm begging you, please give up the match, that guy is way out of your league, he's gonna kill you"her voice came out as a cracked whisper. Tearing my wrist out of her grasp, I jumped down, not sparing her a glance.

"Are both of you ready?"the proctor looked at us both as we nodded.

"3"four-eyes smirked at me as he got into his stance.

"2"I snickered, getting down into my stance.

"1!"the proctor jumped out of the way as four-eyes jumped at me, a kunai aimed at my head. Ducking, I punched him in the jaw. Not bothered by my punch in the slightest, he swirled the kunai down before swinging it towards my injured side. Jumping back a few meters, I missed it narrowly by having it slash my leg instead. 'It reopened' I hissed, forming a quick handsing.

"Shadow clone jutsu"I said, disappearing in the puff of smoke as the gray boy sprinted towards me. Seconds later, me and my 10 newly formed clones jumped out of the smoke with me in the back and the 11th clone staying behind to pose as me. Just as I predicted, he slashed through a the clones in front of me before jumping right above my head and heading towards "me" who was standing still with a kunai out. I turned around just in time to watch him as he was about to stab my clone. Reacting quickly, I threw 5 shuriken at him.

3rd POV

Everything seemed like a slow motion as Kabuto's kunai went right through Mai clone's head, the creature disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

"AHHH!!!"his face went from shocked to pained as he screamed, 3 shuriken sticking out of the center of his back and one out of each of his thighs.

"Uzumaki Mai is the winner!"Hayate announced, making the said girl smile as she relaxed a little. Then, as Kabuto was falling to the ground with blood trailing down his back, he formed a handseal, muttering a silent "release" with a satisfied smirk.

"MAI, BEHIND YOU!!!"Ayane screamed as she jumped over the railing, tears streaming down her face.

'What is she talking ab-' Mai thought as she spun around just a second too late to save herself from the kunai that her opponent's clone threw at her heart before puffing away. And, just like that, she dropped to the floor, blood oozing out of both her chest and abdomen as the shocked audience stood still, watching as her blond teammate rushed to her side with medics hurrying out of their booth.

Back to Mai's POV

"Mai, listen to me, okay?You'll be fine, everything will be alright an-and, I know it sounds selfish but...please don't leave me, I can't lose my best friend"I heard Ayane cry next to me as I slipped out of consciousness while feeling myself getting carried away.

'Oh well, I guess this round goes to you, you four-eyed snake' I thought as my past memories of Kabuto rushed back.

I updated so soon, I'm very proud of myself!

Anywho, for whoever I confused with the fight, here's what happened:
Mai threw shuriken at Kabuto who released a Genjutsu that he cast upon his clone to make him invisible. Then, as he felt himself loosing consciousness, he made his clone throw the kunai at Mai before puffing away. And I think everyone got the part of kunai landing in Mai's chest and her wound reopening and bleeding again.

That was one long explanation but anyway, please tell me how I did with this fighting scene>﹏<.

Oh and yeah, the song above is what goes through Ayane's head while they carry Mai to the infirmary.

Anywho, hope you enjoyed, see you next time annnd...

You are the best,
Don't let others get you down,
Stay awesome,
Love you all,
~Maja-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 13.4K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
1.9K 58 22
My first....... Not Gonna Be Anything Special I'm probably just gonna start writing and see where I get..... Hope You Enjoy = v = ...
193K 5.3K 18
(Highest Ranking: #4 in anbu) *Edited summary* Uzumaki Naruto is an enigma, he is quiet, orders random people around expecting them to follow those o...
1.1M 39.3K 53
Hey~ I'm Kuroi. I have a voice in my head that's been there since I can remember, a wolf the size of a car, and I'm a Narutard. While watching the an...