The tale of two guardians (As...

By Noonecame1212

REWRITING IN PROGRESS!!!! There are many timelines in which a young boy dies and a robot is built to take his... More

Chapter 1: The Orphanage
Chapter 2: Happy Birthday
New friends
Kia
The entrance exam
The black onyx pendant
The capital
The first day of school
The training starts
A day off
A New Friend and A New Plan
Tobio's awakening
Sitting under the setting sun
The Guardian's Sparring Match
Astro's 101 Training Course
A Day at The Palace
Your Dark Past
Tobio's true nature
A Late Afternoon
The trial
The Very First
A Castle Full of Stone
The Final Battle
The Banquet
A visit back home
The first job
Zoran
Rivals
Two heads are worse than one
A walkthrough in the ruins
Dark
A plan put into action
The return of the trials
A return to the past
A new member of the squad
Birthdays (Part 1)
Birthdays (part 2)
The branded pervert
A rising problem
A new land
The harsh truth
Learning a few new tricks
A battle has come to an end

Bandits!?

812 30 49
By Noonecame1212

Despite your claim, after one day of training you had grown pretty lax without Astro's guidance. Every day you would try to use the pendant's powers, but nothing would work. You picked up the pendant from your chest and you frowned down at it.

"Y/n!" You jumped at Alejo's booming voice and you turned to see Alejo and Kennedy running towards you. Behind them, there were two other boys. Your eyes widened. You then smiled and waved.

"Hey guys. Who are they?" You questioned as you pointed to the two boys behind them. The larger boy had light blonde hair and striking blue eyes while the thinner boy spotted a good set of orange locks, combed to the back and the same shade of blue eyes as the taller one. Alejo smiled and he gestured to their new friends quite happily.

"They're our roommates! The one with the orange hair is Reno, he's my roommate. He's also in the engineering course!" Reno smiled and he offered his hand to you.

"Hey, it's nice to meet ya." You smiled and shook his hand.

"Likewise." Kennedy then gestured to the larger boy.

"This is Abercrombie, he's my roommate. He takes the smithing course." Abercrombie held his hand out.

"The name's Abercrombie, nice ta meetchya!" You smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Y/n." You introduced. Reno and Abercrombie nodded. Reno then grinned at you.

"I hear that you've been taking secret training from the captain of the white diamond knights." Reno mentioned with a small wink. Your eyes widened. Your gaze then snapped towards the pair of loose lips standing beside you and you gave Alejo and Kennedy a condescending scowl.

"Yeah, it was supposed to be SECRET training." You gritted out. The pair laughed nervously and they turned their heads away. You let out a long sigh and you hung your head low. You then clapped your hands together and you bowed your head pleadingly to them. "Please don't tell anyone." Reno and Abercrombie nodded, readily agreeing without a problem.

"You can trust us with your secret, we wouldn't wanna get on the bad side of a guardian." Abercrombie joked. You gasped. You then shot to your feet and you grabbed the blabmouths by their collars before shaking the living daylights out of them.

"How much did you tell them!?" You screeched. Alejo and Kennedy cried out as they fended off your attacking hands.

"W-We're sorry!"

"Please forgive us!" You kept a tight grip on their collars as you eyed them down. You then released the pair before smiling brightly at the others.

"I hope that we can all get along well." Abercrombie and Reno both grinned at you while Alejo and Kennedy sorted out their crooked collars. You then heard the bell ring, making you inwardly groan. "We'd better get back to class." Everyone nodded and made sounds of agreement. Kennedy then smiled.

"Hey, since it's a Friday, how about we go somewhere together this weekend?" He suggested. A smile found its way onto Alejo's face and he eagerly nodded.

"Yeah! We can go and see Kia!" You smiled as well.

"Yeah, that would be a great idea. I've actually got some things that I need to ask her anyway." The four boys gave you a confused look. You shook your head and grinned. "It's nothing. Let's get to class before we're really late." Everyone nodded in agreement and they went to their respective classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the classroom, you listened intently to what Daddy Walrus was saying while jotting down notes. You then felt a pair of eyes on you and turned to see Sabrina staring at you. When she saw you turn towards her, she jumped and went back to her notes. You raised an eyebrow at her. What was her deal? You then shrugged and went back to jotting down notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, you and the four boys walked towards Kia's home. You were grinning from ear to ear. Today you were supposed to be training but since Astro wasn't here, you got to do whatever you wanted! You grinned and ran out of the school gates.

"Come on, slow pokes!" You called out to them. Everyone began to laugh as they ran after you. As you entered the Main Street, you slowed to a walk and you and your friends began to chat amongst yourselves.

"You know, I've got something that I want to try out." Alejo mentioned, peaking your curiosity. Reno gave him a knowing look.

"Ah, you mean the vehicle that runs on a magic capsule, right?" Alejo clicked his fingers and smiled.

"Yep! That's the one. I've got all the tools that I need right here." He mentioned as he patted his bag. You began to eye his bag in wonder as a light jingle came from the bag. Your ear twitched as a familiar voice spoke in the distance, and you looked up. To your utter horro, Astro stood just a few shops down from you as he spoke with the shop owner. Your entire body froze up.

'W-What is HE doing here!?' You mentally cried. With a curt nod, Astro turned in your direction. You stifled a gasp before you hurriedly shoved your friends into the nearby alleyways, just barely avoiding his line of sight. Everyone cried out in surprise as they fell to the ground, and they immediately began to complain.

"What's the big idea-" you clamped your hand over Abercrombie's mouth and hushed him.

"Stay quiet! Don't make a sound." You whispered. Although confused, the others nodded and you watched Astro walk by. After a few seconds, you peaked your head out of the alleyway and you saw him march his way towards the school. 'Oh no, I bet he's come to check on me. Why did he have to come by today of all days!?' You silently began to blame Astro for his poor timing. Kennedy then pinched your sleeve, lightly tugging on it.

"Hey, why did we hide? And was that Astro?" He asked as he poked his head into your view. Beads of sweat formed on your head and you chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, um, about that, I'm actually supposed to be training right now." You admitted. Everyone's eyes widened.

"WHAT!?" Everyone cried. You rubbed the back of your neck as you hung your head in shame. Alejo then grabbed you by the shoulders.

"Y/n! Do you know what Astro will do to you when he finds out that you've been skipping out on your training!? Do you remember what happened last time!?" You shuddered at the memory. Astro had forced you to do double what you had done on the first day of training. You then started to sweat.

"I-I know that! It's just that...well, I dunno! All I know is that once Astro finds out that I'm not there, he'll definitely be coming for me." Alejo let out a heavy sigh. He then clasped his chin and closed his eyes in thought.

"That means Kia's house is not safe." Reno, Kennedy and Abercrombie stared silently at the two of you. They then looked at each other.

"Hey, how about we have a go at Alejo's new invention?" Reno suggested. You and Alejo were surprised by his suggestion. The two of you then smiled to one another.

"Yeah! But let's hurry, Astro's probably found out by now that Y/n's not at the academy." Alejo told. Everyone nodded, making their plan for escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and your friends sat by the quieter area of the layer whilst you watched Alejo and Reno use whatever they could find in the area to set up the magical car. They worked their wrenches to the end before they wiped the sweat off their foreheads, finished with their little project.

"It's not complete, we still need to create a mechanism that uncorks the magic vial automatically. And we'll need to create a solid shell." Alejo explained. Reno then pointed to a string that was tied to the magic vial.

"For now, by cutting this string the vial will unscrew and the car, well, cart will activate. So, everyone hop in!" You let out a small squeal of excitement before you threw yourself into the cart. Abercrombie sat in the front while Alejo, Kennedy and Reno sat in the middle. As you lifted your leg, ready to seat yourself down, Astro's voice sounded in the distance.

"Y/n! Don't you dare go into that cart!" You looked up and you almost choked as Astro headed towards you at full speed, his rockets blazing behind him. You sucked in a sharp breath and readied your dagger. You then leaned over the cart and you cut the rope.

Astro's fingers had barely grazed the cart before it shot off into the unsuspecting crowd, making his eyes widen. A faint look of envy appeared on his face before it was quickly replaced with a mean scowl.

You cried out in surprise as you clutched onto the end of the car while everyone hurried out of the cart's way. You then laughed as Alejo pushed in front of Abercrombie to control the cart's direction. This was great! Whilst admiring the cart's speed, you looked behind you and saw Astro steadily catching up to you.

"Get back here!" He yelled and reached out for you once more. You pressed your lips into a thin line before holding out your hand to him. Astro's eyes widened as your fingers grazed his. You then stuck your tongue out at him before pulling your hand back, causing him to gape disbelievingly at you.

As you turned a corner, the cart sped onto the busy streets, making everyone cry out. Alejo gritted his teeth together as he worked to avoid everyone while Astro eyed you worriedly.

"Hey, that's dangerous! You need to get off the streets!" He cried out to you.

"I-I'm trying!" Alejo retaliated as he barely missed a little girl. She cried out and dropped her stuffed bunny in a hurry. She watched the cart tear through it, making her eyes widen. She then welled up with tears before bawling her eyes out. Astro spared her a flicker of worry before he made a decision.

You looked behind you just as Astro swerved his body around a different corner, putting a smile onto your face. You then turned around in your seat and you let out a victorious cheer.

"I think we lost him!" You yelled. Suddenly, Astro appeared in front of you with his hands out, ready to stop the cart. Alejo's eyes widened and he turned the cart. The cart skidded in another direction and flew away.

"DANGER!" Alejo's voice disappeared in the distance. Astro threw his head back in frustration. You were in SO much trouble! As the cart rode down the street, the cart bumped into all kinds of things, knocking everything over. Astro muttered hurried apologies to the people in the third wall before continuing his chase.

Kia sat on the steps of her home while sipping on her tea when you zoomed past her. Astro then also zoomed past her. Kia looked your way, and continued to drink her tea. You laughed out loud as the thrill chilled you to the bone, this was great fun! Alejo couldn't help but grin silly to himself. As he turned another corner, he stifled back a cry of surprise as the cart headed for the stone wall. With clenched fists, he worked his hardest to move the cart before he looked down in shock. It wasn't working!

"Abort ship!" Alejo cried. You gasped along with the rest of your friends. Without question, you jumped out of the cart just as it smashed into the wall. The wall shook a little, but other than that it stood tall. Everyone let out moans of pain as you all lied flat on the ground.

Astro quickly shut off his rockets before he ran over to the five of you with a worried look on his face. He breathed out heavily as he stood over you.

"Is everyone alright?" He asked. Reno raised a shaky thumbs up before letting his hand drop.

"Yep...! Still alive." He croaked. A relieved feeling filled his chest and he let his body relax.

"That's good..." Astro trailed off. His expression then turned stern and he eyed you down with his arms crossed over his chest. You peaked an eye open before chuckling nervously before him.

"Uh, hey Astro..." You waved nervously at him. You then winced when a rock fell onto your forehead and you groaned in pain. Astro smiled, finding this position of yours slightly amusing.

"You're in big trouble, you know that right?" You sighed and nodded. You then sat up while rubbing your head. Astro looked over all of your friends and he nodded to them. "ALL of you are in trouble." Everyone visibly flinched at his tone of voice. He no longer held a happy smile on his face. "Do you know how dangerous that was? You guys could have hurt so many people! You even made a little girl cry!" He snapped. You stuck your lower lip into a pout.

"We were only having a little fun." You muttered. Astro frowned even more.

"Only having a little fun? Y/n, look at the damage you caused!" Astro shouted as he pointed to the smashed crates and stands. You looked at the damage and winced. You then looked up at him.

"Oh come on, I saw the way you were eyeing us earlier." You began and you rose to your feet. You stood at the same height as Astro. You then leaned forwards and you jabbed an accusing finger into his chest. "You so wanted to join us. Don't even deny it." Astro's mouth opened and he struggled to get a word out. A sly grin appeared on your lips. "No matter how uptight you can be, you'll always be a kid at heart." Astro's cheeks reddened in embarrassment. He then swatted your hand away and he stood with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I am NOT a kid. I am a robot built with the purpose of-" you giggled and you began to playfully push him back.

"You're so a kid! You were literally built after one." Astro frowned even more and he caught your hands in his. Before he could reprimand you further, he saw your so called 'friends' trying to escape out of the corner of his eye. With one hand he kept a tight hold on your wrists and with the other, he used a broken piece of wood to block their pathway, stopping them abruptly.

"Don't you lot try to get away, you're also in a lot of trouble." Astro said. He then walked over to them and knocked them over the heads with a light fist. The four boys sniffled as they rubbed their sore heads. He then looked at you. "You will ALL be punished for the damage you all caused." You gaped disbelievingly at him.

"Oh come on! Is it that bad that I want to hang out with my friends?" Astro frowned disapprovingly at you.

"Y/n, you have to train so that you can use your magic to-"

"To what, wake Tobio up? What makes you think that I can even wake him up? I'm just one girl, I can't solve everyone's problems." You told. Astro's gaze softened somewhat, and he held careful hands out to you.

"Y/n, I know that the training has been tough, but trust me. I'm doing this for YOUR sake." You raised your eyebrow at him.

"For my sake? But why? It's not like anybody cares about what I do." Astro's brows knotted with worry. Suddenly, sirens rang above your heads, making everyone look up in alarm. Astro's eyes widened as he looked up in shock. One of his guards then called out to him in the distance.

"Captain! Bandits have been spotted outside the third wall!" The guard hurriedly spoke, his hands shaking as he did so. Astro's entire body tensed up as he held his breath, his eyes wide with horror.

"Outside the third wall? But how!? How did they get past the other walls without us knowing!?" He cried out in alarm. He then frowned. "How many are there?"

"Ten at most, captain." A serious look crossed Astro's face.

"Get the guards guarding this parameter, then summon unit two and three from the white diamond guard. I'll go deal with the bandits in person." His subordinate nodded his head in understanding before running off to carry out his duties. Astro then turned towards you. "Head back into the academy." You frowned.

"But-"

"Just do as I say!" Astro shouted before flying off. You eyed him with distaste as he left you and your friends alone. With a reluctant sigh, you and the rest of your group began to make your way back to the academy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You kicked a rock as you paced around the courtyard. Alejo, Kennedy, Reno and Abercrombie sat on the steps in complete boredom as their eyes followed along your moving figure.

"This is so unfair, I mean why do I have to stay behind here!?" You screeched. You then clenched your fists. "What's so tough about fighting bandits!? I mean, aren't they just some thugs trying to steal things!?" Abercrombie raised his eyebrow.

"Uh, Y/n? Have you not seen a bandit before?" He questioned. You eyed him funnily.

"Of course I haven't, but I've read about them!" The four boys gave each other unsure looks. Kennedy then looked at you.

"Um, well I don't know what you mean by thugs, Bandits don't really steal." You raised your eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about?" Reno's eyes widened and he dropped his hands from his face.

"You've never heard of a bandit before...!" Reno stated in disbelief. He then stood up. "Y/n, we're not talking about human thieves, we mean the monsters!" You frowned.

"What do you mean?" Alejo coughed and stood up.

"Y/n, Bandits are F rank monsters. They're pretty dangerous!" You fell silent as the term finally settled in for you. Your eyes then widened.

"Wait, so when you said bandits, you were actually talking about the-"

"The monster? Yeah. I'm surprised that you hadn't encountered any!" Alejo exclaimed, ready to throw his arms into the air. You frowned.

"But I don't get it, Rosy has never mentioned a monster called a bandit!" You cried. You then clenched your fists. "So THAT'S why Astro wanted us to come back here." The others nodded. Reno then hummed in thought.

"I wonder how they got in the first place though." He wondered aloud. You stared at the ground with a troubled face. The ground beneath you then shook with a loud tremor, and a crack appeared just under your feet. Your eyes widened and you threw yourself back just as a pointed edge burst from the earth. You fell back onto your hands and you looked up with a gaping mouth. The tip of the pointed edge soon revealed itself as a drilling machine, and it sat in front of you in all its mighty glory.

As everyone stared up at the drill, a loud cackle sounded from the machine, making you furrow your brows.

"I wouldn't just sit there if I were you. Unless you want to become Bandit chow!" A gruff voice resonated. You swallowed hard while your friends helped you to your feet. As you looked towards the newly made hole, bandits began to pile into the area, making you cry out.

"Listen to me, my army. My name is Dr Mini Mini and I am your commander. Now obey me!" Dr Mini mini cried out. Your eyes widened as Bandits crawled out of the newly made hole. The bandits were dark brown creatures with horns fixed in all sorts of places. Their red eyes glowed as they bore their sharp razor teeth at you. Alejo, Reno and Abercrombie stood back in shock. Without hesitation, you and Kennedy both drew your swords and together, you stood in front of the them protectively.

"Go get the teachers!" You cried. The three of them nodded and ran just as a bandit slashed at the two of you. You and Kennedy jumped to the side. Kennedy then slashed at the bandit. His sword sliced across its arm, drawing blood. The bandit let out a wailing cry. With a follow up attack, you charged forwards and dug your sword into its heart. You waited for the bandit to fall, but you were jolted out of that fantasy when the vicious monster swatted you away.

"Y/n!" Kennedy cried out to you as you landed painfully on your side.

"I-I'm okay, but we need to go after that guy!" You stated as you aimed your blade towards the man who brought these monsters here. Kennedy followed your line of sight and he nodded his head in agreement. This man, Dr Mini Mini, had already begun approaching the school with his machine along with the line of bandits following behind him like lost puppies. You barely avoided another swipe from the monster before you landed beside your friend.

"They're going after the school!" Kennedy cried out in alarm. You gripped your sword tightly and you glared at the approaching monster.

"You go after Dr Mini Mini, I'll distract them." Kennedy's eyes widened and he whipped his body towards you.

"Are you sure?" You nodded your head and you readied your stance.

"Yeah, just go! I'm sure the teachers are fighting those things as well. Someone needs to be there to take out this guy." Kennedy nodded his head before taking off for the school building. The bandit watched him go and it immediately moved in his direction.

You leaned down and grabbed a rock. You then threw it at its head, successfully regaining its attention.

"I'm your opponent!" With a loud war cry, you charged at the beast with your sword poised, ready to stab it once again. The bandit lunged for you and you dodged its poor attempt to grab you with confidence. As you landed square on your feet, a fist connected with your stomach, sending you flying. Your eyes widened and you were practically seeing stars while flying.

Your back connected with the trunk of a tree and you collapsed to your knees. You gripped your stomach tightly and struggled to keep in your lunch. "U-Ugh...." you moaned. You were fully disoriented, and you failed to notice the bandit from earlier approaching you with a malicious grin.

A shadow appeared above you, forcing you to look up. Your eyes then widened as the bandit readied its claw. 'Oh no....!' You clenched your eyes shut just as it brought its claw down on you. A loud ringing then sounded before you, prompting you to open your eyes once more.

Sabrina stood before you with her blade shaking before the bandit as she battled it in strength. She bore her teeth at the pesky monster before throwing it back. The bandit wobbled on its feet before it fell onto its backside. You stared at her before you with a gaping mouth, before your lips twisted into a smile.

"Sabrina!" You exclaimed and you almost hugged her for saving you. Sabrina looked back at you and she shook her head at you.

"Do you know how dangerous that was!? Why are you taking on a bandit by yourself!?" She yelled at you, taking you by surprise. You steadily blinked at her.

"W-Well I had to let Kennedy get away...." Sabrina scoffed at your 'heroic' deeds, more like foolish.

"Kennedy is training to be a KNIGHT! The two of you should have stuck together to fight this thing!" You frowned at the scolding girl before you.

"Hey, he was going after the guy who lead those things in here!" You retaliated, silencing her for once. Sabrina's eyes widened.

"Led them in here...? Wait, so you're saying..." a deafening roar sounded in the area, disorienting you girls completely. Your legs wobbled and you fell to the ground while Sabrina leaned on the tree trunk for stability. Once the roar had died down, you and Sabrina both looked at each other in confusion.

"What was that?" You questioned as you looked over the area. Sabrina looked towards the bandit she had driven off earlier and her eyes widened as it came back with two of its friends.

"It just came back with reinforcements. We need to fight together." She said and brought her blade up in an attacking manner. You walked next to her and readied your own blade while nodding in agreement.

"Never thought I'd hear you say that, but yeah. With the two of us together, we can take them down." You stated. Sabrina shuddered at your words.

"Yeah, just try not to get in my way." She grumbled, making you gasp. She then charged forwards with her blade ready. "Aim for their foreheads. That's their weak spot!" You opened your mouth in understanding before nodding.

"Got it!" Sabrina raced forwards and she jumped onto the bandit's outstretched hand. She then ran along its arm while narrowly avoiding its other claw. You watched her in awe as she drove her blade into its forehead. Blood spurted from the wound and it fell to the floor, dead.

"Sabrina... that was so- WOAH!" You narrowly avoided an oncoming attack from the bandit beside you and you circled around it. Sabrina struggled to pry her sword away from the dead monster before she shot you an antagonising look.

"Focus or you'll die!" She snapped. You ducked under another swing before using its arm as a platform. You then reached up and you aimed your blade at its weak spot, connecting the blow. Before you could cheer for your victory, the third bandit had grabbed you by the waist and it hurled you to the side. Sabrina's eyes widened as you flew quite a few metres away from the fight. "Y/N!"

The bandit let out a gruff huff before turning in her direction, making her stiffen. Sabrina's hold on her captured blade loosened and she stumbled back. With a small grunt, you weakly pushed yourself to your knees and you held your aching head.

"Ugh.., that hurt." As you said this, Sabrina's scream tore you out of your thoughts and you looked up in alarm. The bandit made an attempt to grab the frightened girl but she was too quick for its slow movements. She then ran to your side and she pulled you to your feet.

"Come on, we have to get out of here!" She urged. You held a hand to your dizzying head and you fumbly nodded. As you both made a turn for the school, three more bandits emerged from the windows, blocking you from the school. Your eyes widened and you looked back and you saw the same bandit approach you, now wielding Sabrina's forgotten blade. Sabrina gasped and her entire body shook with fear. There was no escape.

"We're going to die..." she uttered, making you look towards her in alarm.

"D-Don't say that! We can get out of this." You encouraged. Sabrina ferociously shook her head and she grabbed you by the shoulders, shaking you immensely.

"No we can't! Don't you see? We're cornered on all sides with no chance of escaping. We're going to die!" She wailed whilst glaring at you through tear stained eyes. You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing encouraging came to mind. Sabrina bit her lip and she let her head drop as the bandits closed in on you. "And I'm going to die stuck here with you." You bit the bottom of your lip as your heart pounded loudly through your ears.

'There has to be something we can do. We can't die...!' At the thought, tears welled up in your eyes and death scared you. You clenched your eyes shut tightly and you clenched your fists. 'Astro was right, I should have done more training. And now I won't even get the chance to see my family again. Is there really nothing we can do...?' Slowly, you were drained of hope. Your blade slipped through your fingers and you fell to your knees. Sabrina stood before you with her face pressed into her palms, crying her heart out.

You reached up and you gripped the black onyx pendant. 'If only this stupid thing worked. Someone, please save-' you stopped yourself short, and your eyes widened.

"Nobody is coming to save us..." you trailed off, making Sabrina look at you in confusion. Her eyes then trailed up and they widened as the bandit readied its claw at you.

"Y-Y/N!" You clasped your hands together and you clenched your eyes shut tightly.

"We can only save ourselves!" You wailed, and the pendant on your chest glowed brightly. Sabrina looked down at it with shocked eyes.

"That's...!" A bright light engulfed you, and a rain of black lightning struck the bandits surrounding you. They let out wailing cries of pain before they fell to their demise. The black lightning around you soon formed into loose chains, and a weapon covered in shadows appeared at your feet. You looked down and your heart skipped a beat in your chest.

"T-This is...." you uttered as your fingers brushed over the cold metal. As the shadows dispersed, it revealed a pitch black scythe.

"Y/n," Sabrina called out to you, making you look up. She stared at you with gritted teeth, before she closed her eyes and screamed into your face. "You have to FIGHT!" You stood to your feet with the scythe in your hands, and you looked towards the horde of bandits surrounding the school. Both students and teachers were fighting against these things. You gripped your weapon tightly and you smiled confidently.

"Leave it to me!" You exclaimed and you raced forwards. The chains in the air followed your presence, and Sabrina could only watch in awe as you charged towards the danger head on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kennedy breathed heavily as he chased Dr Mini Mini through the school hallways. As he turned his head and looked out the window, he could see the chaos happening around the school grounds, and a pained feeling struck his chest. As one of the bandits neared the window, a chain struck it in the head, knocking it to the ground. It was for a very brief moment, but Kennedy witnessed this same technique being used on other bandits, making his eyes widen.

In the next window, he saw you fighting multiple of these things with a pitch black scythe, and he almost stopped to have a better look. He then shook his head and he ran forwards. No, he couldn't get distracted.

From inside the machine, Dr Mini Mini spied Kennedy through his cameras, before a wicked grin slipped onto his lips.

"Keep on following me, brat. You're only dragging yourself into your impending doom." He whispered. Suddenly, his machine was forced to a stop, making him jolt forwards. He cried out as he knocked his head against the control board before he clutched his aching head. "Owwww, what the?" As he shifted the view on his camera, he almost choked as he came face to face with Astro's scowling face.

"So YOU'RE the one who let those beasts in." Astro growled. Dr Mini Mini began to sweat profusely as his hands hovered over his control panel. Kennedy came to a heaving stop and he breathed out heavily.

"A-Astro....!" He whimpered and he fell to his knees. Astro smiled reassuringly at him before he threw the machine out the window. From inside, Dr Mini Mini cried out as the machine connected with the ground. Astro jumped out from the window and he landed onto the hatchet. He pulled it open and he looked down at the frightened man with a cross look.

"You're going to jail for a LONG time." He stated before yanking him out of the machine. Dr Mini Mini glared angrily at him as he bound his wrists together. He then looked behind the pair and almost smirked as two bandits approached them from behind. Suddenly, they were struck down by two chains, making his eyes widen.

"W-What!?" Astro and Kennedy looked behind them and their eyes widened as you came running onto the scene with your newly acquired weapon in hand. As you came across the trio, your mouth opened in shock and you immediately smiled.

"Guys! You're okay!" You exclaimed and you jogged towards them. Behind you, the white diamond soldiers dealt with the remaining bandits, slaying them on sight. Astro's mouth hung open agape as the black pendant's aura hung around you.

"Y-You're using the pendants powers?" He uttered while Kennedy stood beside him, stiffly still. As you neared the pair, the scythe disappeared from your hands as well as the chains. You looked down at the pendant before grinning wholeheartedly at them.

"Yeah! Sabrina and I were cornered and we were about to die, but then I activated my powers and I slayed a whole ton of them! Pretty cool, huh?" You exclaimed, very much excited about your newly acquired powers.

"Cool...?" Astro gave you the happiest smile he could muster and he lifted you off the ground. You cried out in surprise as he hugged you around the waist and spun you around in the air. "This is the greatest thing that could happen! Well done, Y/n!" He cheered. You held your breath as your cheeks turned a light pink. You then smiled and you grabbed onto his hair while laughing.

"Y/n...!" Sabrina cried out as she chased after you with raspy breathes. You looked back at her with a mild look of surprise while Kennedy gaped at her presence. Behind him, two knights had secured Dr Mini Mini and they were already well on their way to escorting him into the nearest prison.

Astro set you down just as Sabrina came to a stop and she rested on her knees whilst struggling to regain her breath. She then straightened and she grabbed you by the shoulders, making you jolt.

"You never told me about your powers! Why do YOU have the black onyx pendant!?" She cried out. Everyone froze in shock at Sabrina's outburst. You then nudged her away from you and you eyed her with a sour look.

"I don't have to tell you anything. What, does my power intimidate you?" You said in a taunting tone. Sabrina glared at you before she shoved you back into Astro.

"I should have just let you die back there. You still have to thank me!" She snapped. You laughed while shrugging your shoulders.

"Same here, sister. I totally saved your butt after you clung onto me while crying 'we're gonna die!'." You reminded her in a mocking tone while laughing. Sabrina's face reddened greatly and her clenched fists shook with rage. Astro looked towards Kennedy questioningly, to which he simply shook his head. He then stood in between the two of you, breaking you both apart.

"That's enough. The important thing is that you both have done very well in this situation." Astro spoke, making Sabrina's eyes widen. As she finally focused on him for the first time, her mouth hung open agape.

"T-The captain of the white diamond knights!? W-Why are you..." as her gaze flickered across to yours, it dawned on her what had been happening. "Don't tell me you're training to be..." Astro rested a firm hand onto her shoulder, bringing her attention back to him. He smiled kindly at her, making her heart flutter.

"Please keep what you saw today a secret. Who Y/n is must remain a secret. Do you understand?" He spoke. Sabrina opened and closed her mouth, unsure as of what to say. She then dumbly nodded her head. Astro gave her another pat on the shoulder, glad that this misunderstanding had been resolved.

"Guys!" Alejo called out to you as he, Reno and Abercrombie approached you from the distance. You turned towards the three boys and smiled.

"You're okay!" You exclaimed. The three nodded and they smiled at you. As they turned towards Astro and Sabrina, there eyes widened in alarm and they stumbled back.

"Eugh, Sabrina!?" Reno cried out, making her frown.

"Why is everyone so surprised to see me here?" She grumbled. You rubbed your arm nervously as you stood before her. You then grinned from ear to ear.

"So, does this make us friends now?" You asked her as you offered her a hand in friendship. Sabrina eyed your hand distastefully before she turned her back to you.

"Of course not. We'll never be friends." She snapped. Everyone watched her leave with agape faces, before Astro turned towards you while scratching the side of his cheek.

"What a rotten personality." He mumbled. You nodded in agreement and you almost flipped the finger at her. Astro held his chin thoughtfully for a moment, and he eyed your pendant.

"I never would have imagined that your weapon of choice would be a scythe. Was there a particular reason why you chose it or....?" You gripped your head in frustration.

"No! It just appeared, I didn't even think about it. Aw man now I'm gonna look like the grim reaper!" You wailed. You then let out a tired sigh and you rubbed the back of your neck. "I'm tired after that whole ordeal. I think I'm going to retire for tonight." You mumbled. Astro nodded his head in understanding.

"Of course. I bet the pendant would have drained it out of you. You go rest. But be sure to meet me at the arena early tomorrow at sunrise. We need to train your newly discovered powers." Astro excitedly exclaimed. You gave him a sour look. You then turned your back to him and dragged yourself back to the doors. This was probably why Astro had no friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Alex and Tyson By Misa

General Fiction

32 0 25
A beautiful story written by AI. Guest appearances from your favorite celebrities and then some.
8.3K 476 15
When two people are destined to be together , don't worry. Just wait *Disclaimer it's the first time I ever written a story, so I'm sorry in advanc...
25.3K 904 12
Amidst a war on several fronts and alongside allies in the light, a lone guardian ends up falling through a Vex timegate into a very new world. One o...
265K 12.1K 30
Rowan is the son of a noble, and he has an older brother named Sebastian. The two have been together ever since Rowan was born, and have been insepar...