My Dream Man | Book 1 | Sal V...

By YT_Sanity

*Inspired by @BarbaraSuchecka* 'How many years have I been here? 5? 8? 15? I don't remember. All I know is, I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Epilogue
Book 2

Chapter Thirty-Three

282 6 2
By YT_Sanity

After a very long day of shopping and going to store to store, I still didn't get myself a tree. My mind just wouldn't let go of the first tree we saw at Lowe's. I didn't want to bring myself down for one thing I could get anywhere, but I really loved the tree a lot. Sal tried to lighten my mood a bit with giving positivity about the other trees, but it didn't work. When we got home, Sal decided to stay over at my house, so he ran across the street to grab a few things then cane back. I headed upstairs to change into Christmas pajama pants and a red long sleeve shirt. I threw my hair into a messy bun then slipped on some fuzzy socks. I got downstairs and let the dogs out for their bathroom break as I filled up their food bowls and put fresh water in their water dishes. I let them back in and sat on the ground in the living room to pet them as Sal started making hot cocoa in the kitchen. When Sal came in, he handed me a cup and I thanked him. Sal sat down on the couch and wrapped a blanket around his legs as he drank his cocoa. Eventually I got up and sat next to him on the couch, setting my empty cup on the coffee table. I cuddled up into Sal as he wrapped the blanket around me.

I stared up at the wall and kept quiet, my mind thinking about decorations and getting a tree. I just needed a little more money and I would be good to pay for it. I knew I had to let it go, but I just couldn't. Something about that tree made me think. Sal noticed I was down. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my arm.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Sal asked.

I took a deep sigh. "Nothing, just thinking about stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" Sal asked.

"Thinking about Christmas, what decorations I'm going to put up. I'm also thinking about the little doll dresses I have to give Milana for Christmas that I forgot to give her earlier." I said, reminding myself to send it to Joe before his Christmas.

There a small pause. "I know your thinking about that tree, Addison." Sal said.

"How did you know?!" I asked quickly.

Sal chuckled. "Because, you love that damn tree! I don't know what clicked in your mind, but somehow, it made you fall in love with it! All day I was trying to help you get that tree out of your mind, but you just couldn't get it out." Sal paused for a second. "Why do you love that tree so much?"

I took a deep breath in and played with the him of the blanket. "I don't know. I just-I see something looking at that tree. Wow, this sounds so cliché, but I see a future in it. I see both of us sitting around it, opening gifts. I see us decorating it. I see so many things, and yet, somehow, fate just wants it to go away." I paused. "I don't want to bring you down and I don't want to bring myself down either just for a damn tree. But man, that tree..."

Sal kissed the top of my head, then proceed to run his fingers through my hair once more. He grabbed my hand that was playing with the blanket and started to play with my fingers.

"We'll figure something out, I know it." Sal reassured.

I looked up at him for the first time since we cuddled together. I smiled at him as he smiled back at me. I leaned in and gave Sal a quick peck on the lips. Sal smiled at me and gave me another one before pulling me closer to him. I cuddled up next to him and fell asleep.

>><<

A few days went by and I was on my computer looking through places to buy myself a reasonable tree for this year. I had a piece of toast in my hand as I scrolled through different online shops on my laptop with the other. I kept my eyes on the screen and fed myself as my eyes scanned over the pictures of the thousands of trees. None of them matched what I wanted. I was getting a little frustrated at this point but it didn't matter.

Lady was keeping me company by laying her head on my stomach and every once and a while looking up at me. Speckles was on my other couch taking a nap, since it was around eleven thirty and she woke up very early this morning. When I was pretty much full with my toast, I gave it to lady, who ate it up. I wiped the crumbs off of me as I sat up on the couch. Just then, I got a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called out, not bothering to look over at the door.

I heard the front door open and close. "Hey sweets."

I smiled. "Hi Sal."

Sal came over and kissed my cheek from behind me. "What'cha up to on this lovely morning/noon?"

"Scrolling through online stores to find a Christmas tree. The problem is that, even though they're all nice, they don't fit into perfectly like..." I trailed off.

"Like the other tree did." Sal replied with a toothy grin.

I looked at him with an upsetting look. "Yeah..." I said slowly. "Why are you in such a good mood this morning?"

"What! Am I not allowed to be in a good mood? Shame on you Addison." Sal gasped, pretending to be all sassy.

I rolled my eyes. "You're the germaphobe. And you are also afraid of cats."

Sal's face dropped. "I already know this."

I adjusted myself to face Sal. "You know, before I knew you were afraid of cats, I almost bought one?"

"Please tell me you're not considering to get a cat." Sal said getting frightened.

"But, that got replaced by Speckles. Now, I'm a dog-mom. You're welcome for the information." I said with a cheeky smile, bopping his rose colored nose.

Sal shuttered than looked at my lap top. Then, out of the blue, he grabbed my lap top and shut it off.

"Hey! What was that for?!" I barked.

"You don't need to look at trees anymore." Sal said putting my lap top down.

I gave Sal a confused look as he walked to put his shoes on. I tilted my head to the side as he slipped his hat on. Sal saw me and chuckled.

"Wait here. I'll bring it in. No, wait, I have a better idea!" Sal said with a finger up.

He looked around him and slipped his shoes off again. I got up and followed him. He was heading into my room, which made me chuckle.

"Why are you going to my room?" I asked.

"You'll see." Sal called out.

I stood into my doorway as I saw Sal go through my hair stuff. "Ha-ha! Found it!"

"What did you find?" I asked with risen eyebrows.

Sal turned around and showed me a bandanna. My lips turned upside down, knowing where this was going.

"Let me guess, you're..."

"...going to blind fold you-me." We said at the same time.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because! I have a surprise for you! Please my little sweet." Sal begged.

I rolled my eyes. "First let me get downstairs."

Sal beamed as we headed out of my room. Once we got downstairs, Sal took the bandanna and tied it over my eyes. I saw nothing but darkness. I was a little bit freaked out.

"Can you see anything?" Sal asked.

"No. Sal, why couldn't you just tell me-"

I felt a pair of lips on mine. When they pulled away, I raised my eyebrows. "What was that for."

"I didn't want to hear you complain anymore." Sal snickered.

"You piece of sh-"

"Ah! It's Christmas!" Sal interrupted.

I went to go hit him, but I missed making me almost fall over. Sal grabbed me and got me up straight. He told me he was going to be back really quick then I heard the door open and close. I stood in the middle of my living room, waiting for whatever Sal was surprising me with. I felt one of my dogs at my feet, making me smile. The door opened and closed again, which notified Sal walked back in. There was a bunch of cussing and noise, making me worried about what Sal was bringing into the house.

"Okay, Addison, it's ready. Take off your blindfold." I heard Sal say.

I, slowly, took my blindfold off. At first, I didn't see anything. Then after, I saw it. It was the tree that I wanted. It was put together and it was standing in the corner of the living room, right where I wanted it. My lips turned up, trying to contain my happiness.

"This isn't real, is it?" I asked, looking at Sal who was standing by the tree.

"Yes it Addison." Sal replied.

"Did you buy this?" I asked.

"Yup."

"Isn't it yours then?" I asked.

"Nope. It's all yours. Enjoy it." Sal said with a big smile.

I lost it. I screamed and jumped into Sal's arms, tears of joy rolling down my face. I gave Sal a big kiss then after squeezing him tight. I jumped down off of him and looked at the tree, touching the pines, just acknowledging it. It was the same exact one I fell in love with.

"This must've costed you a fortune!" I baffled. "Where did you get the money to buy this? Oh-I have to repay you!"

"Addison, don't worry about it! You don't need to worry about that. What you need to worry about it decorating it!" Sal chuckled.

"Well what are we waiting for! Let's decorate!" I exclaimed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 2 68
This book includes: ~ Sal ~ Q ~ Joe ~ Murr
402K 8.4K 100
🛑 WARNING 🛑 The following reader inserts contain scenes of fluffy romance with a reader who is constantly flirting with four lifelong friends!
5.4K 107 53
single mother has connected with two of the 4 tenderloins and doesn't know what to feel about it. I own nothing of the tenderloins or impractical Jok...
25K 380 13
"You really have had no idea that I've been madly in love with you since kindergarten? You're in every one of my 10 year plans."