Gangsta Love

By MaryBennaugh

After losing her mother when she was just a year old, life for Stacy and her father hasn't been the same. And... More

The Thug That Saved Me
When Things Go Wrong
Complications
Assassinate
Not So Welcomed Home
Hard To Get
Triple T
Sticky Situations
Teasing
Mine!
In The Line Of Fire
Untrustworthy
Betryal Is Only The Beginning
Smuggling
Closer To The Enemy
Spilling Tea
Unresolved Issues
Blood Money
Old Faces
Richard The Unpredictable
Crossing The Line
Tying Up The Loose Ends
Handle Your Business!
Handle Your Business Pt.2
Gone
Invaders
"Follow That Car!"
Do What You Gotta Do
Staying "Low"
Hold It Down
Inmate 205
"Watch Your Back"
Al-Lies
The Help
Team Work
Visitors
From One Problem To Another
Taking Out The Trash
Guess Who
Family Reunion
Out Numbered
Back From The Dead
The Rescue Plan
The Aftermath
SPECIAL THANKS!

Family Secrets

110 4 1
By MaryBennaugh

Stacy

Because of Kai's connects throughout the city, we were able to arrange a funeral for Lil Dre in two days without the cops being involved. The less of them we see, the better.

He made sure it was nice and elegant by having it outside instead of in a church. He wanted the sun to shine bright on Dre this day.

Kai seemed ok for the most part. Amber was still a little shook from almost losing Lilly a second time and me....

I was falling apart..

Seeing Dre dead in my arms was a sight I will never get out of my head. If it's one thing I could say, it's that he definitely went out like a Champ! Facing danger instead of running which ultimately saved my life.

We figured this was some of Cyrus' doing and I promised Dre when I get my hands on him, I'm gonna make him pay for everything he's done!

Unfortunately, things don't always go the way we plan....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Friends, family, and guests, we are here to celebrate the life of Brother DeAndre Mills who was sadly taken away from us two days ago. " The pastor spoke loud behind the podium.

A few gathered for the funeral Taking up a few of the lawn chairs.

A couple of Junkies, a drug dealer or two and a few of his so called street buddies. Knowledge, Stacy, Amber and Lilly sat in the front row in place of his real family.

His mother sat in the front row at the opposite end by herself crying hysterically.

"This is not a sad day however, " The pastor shouted with enthusiasm.
"Oh no! Because brother Mills is flying high next to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Wipe your eyes Mother Mills for your boy is no longer in pain and though it may hurt now, joy comes in the morning. "

Knowledge looked around at the few who did show up. He was filled with regret for not taking Dre in sooner.

"What's wrong? " Stacy asked him quietly, taking him out of his trance.

"I'm just looking around at the people who showed up. There's no family here. Nobody who really gave a damn about him besides us." He whispered "Fucking junkies and drug addicts. They're just the people who was with him on the block. They didn't try to take care of him or tell him to do better, they taught him how to run the streets." He sighed and looked over at Ms. Mills. "And then she over there acting like she give a damn. She part of the reason he was out there. Probably high on that shit right now. "

Knowledge was starting to get worked up. His fist was balled up and his foot was tapping against the grass beneath him.

Stacy grabbed his hand calmly while keeping her eyes on the pastor.

"Just relax ok." She turned to him.
"We both know how this is gonna end. We're gonna find Tahj, kill Cyrus, rescue your mother and live happily ever after. "

Hearing her say "happily ever after"
made him smile a bit. Just knowing that she wanted a forever with him was exactly what he'd been hoping for.

Soon it was time to bury Dre. This was the hardest part for them. Stacy made one more promise to Dre before the casket touched the bottom of the grave.
Amber consoled Lilly who was still traumatized from the whole ordeal.

Then Knowledge noticed a group of three African American men who weren't there when the ceremony started. They stood about 10 feet away from the grave site slightly huddled but still watching everything.

As Dre's casket was lowered into the ground Knowledge had an idea.

"Cyrus' men 12 o'clock. " He alerted Stacy and Amber

"Kai, no. " Said Amber

"They killed Dre." He frowned at her and responded in a revengeful tone

"You ready? " Said Stacy. Giving Knowledge a look of certainty. She was ready to go after them too.

"Let's go."

Together they stepped off, leaving Amber and Lilly there alone.

"Shit." Amber mumbled. She knew she had to get Lilly out of there in case some shit popped off. You never know when it comes to Knowledge. So she excused herself and rushed Lilly to the car.

Meanwhile, Stacy and Knowledge were casually following the three men to their car. The small crowd of people who huddled around the grave began to disperse one by one.

When he looked back, he saw Amber rushing Lilly to the car.

"Let's just go get them now! " Said Stacy

"Naw babe we gotta play this smart. If we run up on them out of rage, we'll get blasted right here. And the last thing we need is death at a funeral. "

They got into their car and watched the three men take their sweet time talking.

"Ugh!" Stacy pouted and sat back in her seat.

"Let's follow them and see where they go first then we come back and kill em' off. "

"That's not gonna work Kai! I mean how do we know they'll be there when we come back? You know how much these niggas move around. "

"Do you trust me?"

"Kai it has noth-"

"Do you trust me?"

"Uggh..... "

"I see you're over there getting frustrated but you still didn't answer my question. "

"Yes, I trust you."

"Then trust when I say we gon get all them niggas ok."

"Ok"

It was night time before we finally found out where they reside. Stacy was even more antsy then before. She wanted to jump out the car and kill those son of a bitches head on.
She was feeling the affect of losing Dre more than any of us were. She risked her life to save him but in the end it was Dre who paid the price.
Now that we know where to find them, revenge is ours!

But as always.... Things never go as planned

"Look pretty much what we need is a bag full of weapons. Ain't no telling how much shit we bouta get into."

Ronald was the main guy that handled all the weapons for the King Cartel. He had other Cartels that he worked with but I was the most trusted and most loyal. In other words, I was more like family to him. Like a brother.

I watched Stacy as she looked around the basement room that was decked out with luxury rugs, art work and fancy decor. She had never seen anything like this before.

Ron got up from his recliner, stepped into his black suede slippers, puffed his cigar once or twice and headed to the back corner of the room where the book shelf was.

He removed one book to reach the key pad. When the green light flashed, the book case split down the middle and separated to either side giving access to a secret room where Ron kept all his special weapons.

"Step inside, see what you like. " Said Ron

Stacy's eyes said it all. She was like a kid on field day. She wanted to touch everything.

"We can use any of this? " She asked him

"Anything." He responded

"Oh shit! " Stacy giggled and ran to the back of the room where she saw a hack saw and a straight jacket. "Hey babe, think this would be good for him once every thing is said and done? "

She held up the straight jacket with enthusiasm. "Ya know, put him in the jacket first and then saw him up with this. We can call it the Saw Jacket. "

When she laughed at her own joke I figured she was one of two things, a undercover monster or Crazy!

"It's whatever you want." I assured her

"Ok give me these two then. That's all I need."

Ron went to the closet and gave Stacy a bag for her hack saw and straight jacket. She threw the bag over her shoulder and stood by the door waiting for me.

"And what for you Mr. King?" Ron turned to me

"I need that shot gun on the wall, 2 AK-47, a few hand grenades, and two of those elite serrated knives you got up there too. "

"Holy shit, " Said Stacy. "Those look the kind of knives you only see used by Marines and special forces or some shit. How the hell did you get these? "

"Trust me you don't wanna know. " Ron responded.

"You have no idea how nosy she is."
I informed him.

"Let's just say I had to do some things that still haunt me at night. " He told her. "Once you line up for this kind of work, there's usually only one way out. Some are lucky to survive but the rest of us have already accepted our fate."

Stacy looked at me as if I were apart of the bunch that accepted what was coming to me. And a part of that was true. I never asked to be apart of this cartel shit but my father just couldn't walk away. I knew I was up for his position way before he died. My destiny was already mapped out for me.

Ron grabbed another bag and began to fill it with the items I requested.

"You know what I don't understand Ronnie? "

"What's that Kai? "

"How did my family have a funeral for my father without me? "

He froze for a split second before clearing his throat and moving to the opposite side of the room.

"I mean one minute he's perfectly fine, never complaining about his health and the next thing I knew, I'm being called saying he's died of cancer. That didn't seem a bit odd to you? "

Ron placed my bag on the table and took a deep breath.

"I've always thought the way he died was mysterious. But I was too afraid of what would be done if I spoke about it. There were things going on while you were away that... "

He started to choke up. A clear sign of fright.

"Ronnie it's me. You know you can tell me anything."

"If I tell you, you have to give me your word that if shit goes bad nothing will be traced back to me. And I mean nothing! "

"Have I ever betrayed you before? "

He paused without answering the question, tapping his finger on the table and breathing a bit heavier.

"Ok, " He started. "About 2 to 3 months before your father died, I noticed how much your parents would argue. Any time he came to get what he needed, your mom would be cursing or yelling at him for reasons I didn't care to ask about. It was odd considering how close they've always been. Out of all the years I've known your family, I've never seen it get that bad. Your father even came to me one day saying how he thought Vicky was cheating on him with another up and coming drug dealer. It tore him down and made him vulnerable. He confronted her about the cheating and one month later.... He's dead. "

"I hate to say it Kai but your mom seems like the type of person to do something like that. "

"My mother would not set my father up to be killed just be to be with somebody else! Especially somebody who's below his rank. My father was at the top of the fucking food chain. Anybody who was sniffing coke in this area or close to were getting their product from him! "

"I understand it may be hard to hear but you have to come back to reality and consider the possibility that it could be true." Said Ron

"Are we finished here?"
I took out a wad of cash and placed it on the table and walked out.

The part that hurt the most is knowing that my mother probably was capable of something so evil like that. It was all starting to make sense now that I've seen her with Cyrus. But I wasn't going to admit that my mother was a snake in front of Ronnie no matter how close we were. One things for sure, I was going to find out what happened to my father one way or another. And I had a pretty good idea about what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 13.4K 46
Growing up in the hood isn't easy . Murders , shootouts , drugs , prostitutes and dope boys are normal . Imagine being sucked in the gritty at just s...
1.5M 38.6K 23
Lavonte "King" Jones wasn't your average nigga. He owned the streets, and he was one of the head drugs dealers in the city of New Orleans. He's been...
24 0 8
She wasn't a normal girl to start off with; her parents never treated her like a child but as a weapon. She grew up being a fighter and her parents w...
29.5K 792 69
Diamond Rosemont is a sexy, live, and strong teenage girl who had to learn to become a woman quickly. With a crack head mother, and a deceased father...