My Salvation (CURRENTLY EDITI...

By Amethyst2829

Book 1 in 'Mend Series' He screams at me, slapping my face twice, 'You deserve all of this! You don't even de... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 55

2.4K 136 47
By Amethyst2829

Three years later...

Nawal's POV

People say life is like a rollercoaster. It indeed is. But here's the twist. When on the ride, you go up, it either means you will be having the best time of your life or the worst. And same goes when you reach down on the ride. That's interesting. And to sum up my life, it's the same exact thing - twisted. You can even label confusion in between. But here's the thing, when I felt I might be on the highest point and enjoying myself, it went opposite and became the worst time. And when I thought this is the worst scenario, turned out to be the best time of my life. Ever.

After leaving Aadil's house for the best, it was hard for me to keep things on track. It was the lowest point. I almost gave up on many things. But a little hard work and lot more patience later, life is seemingly going on the right track. The most difficult part was where to live and the portions of food. I used all of my savings from my salary and bought a new house which was less spacious but good. I soon started to apply for a new job and I even got calls from them saying they'll let me know. It's been six months and they didn't call. That didn't stop me from searching other jobs. I started working at a restaurant near to my new house and then go for a second shift. I didn't care about me constantly being tired of all the work and also doing the extras, but in the end, it was worth it. They pay well here. So it wasn't a big deal. The owner, Mrs Layla Martinez of Martinez's corner is a lovely 36-year-old lady. She knows about me constantly searching for a job and she even knows that once I get the news, I might not work every day here. She is the closest motherly figure for me and I love spending time here.

She lost her daughter and husband during a car crash. She doesn't talk about it but I can understand what she's been through. Our stories are not related, but it doesn't mean you can't understand their emotions as well. So all of the workers here are like her family. I made a new friend here. Zaynab is just two years younger than me, but at times she is more mature than anyone else. People here are really friendly and I am glad that they don't judge each other.

You must be thinking what about Aadil?

Well that day when I went to have a talk with him, he seemed to be soo tired, tired of life, tired of living. Tired of his existence. Seeing him in pain, hurt me. But I needed time. I needed time to get my mind straight. I could not just forget everything, even though I have forgiven him!

After making him understand my point of view, I asked him for space, that space which is necessary for our relationship. In the beginning, he was not ready to understand me but after a lot of pleadings he accepted but not before forcing me to accept half of his company shares and also opening up a joint account.

This was not it, he wanted me to assure him a particular time in a day, where he would be able to meet me. But I want to take things slow now, so made him ready for twice a week rather than daily for two hours.

But those four hours a week are worth it. At times he does stretch out for a longer period of time but I tend to ignore and not say anything. After all, he is trying his best.

Initially, when I was in search of a job, he did offer to join his company or else in any high paid company, but now its high time I stand on my own and do something. I politely rejected his offer.

I don't want to utilise his money currently, though he has kept them for me. I want to prove, not anybody but just my self. I want to prove my capability and once am successful in doing so I'll go back to him, InshAllah.

Today is the day we are going to meet again. Am kind of excited. It's been a while actually. The last time we met feels like it's been years, but only three months. He was busy in his work and although he was ready to leave everything just for the sake of meeting me, I told him not to. I was kind of busy too. I kept on looking for other jobs but there are no answers coming back. I won't be losing my hope anytime soon.

As he is coming today, I thought to make Baklava for him. I thought I am the only one who is obsessed with this sugary stuff, but when Aadil ate those that I made, he instantly became a fan of it too. I don't remember the last time I ate because it reminded me of the old days. But as things are going a little good, why not make my comfort food?

> _<♡

The sound of bell shook me out of my thinking. Finally! If he was late any minute soon, that plate would be empty by now. I quickly made my way and breathed loudly to calm myself. Also, I don't want to show how desperately I was waiting for him. When I opened the door and looked at him, I kind of stopped breathing. He always looked good - handsome would be an understatement. But is it even possible for someone to look handsome than before? His eyes said things his face wouldn't. The blue with a hint of green coloured eyes which is only visible when you look closely. But, in the end, his smile stole the show. Happiness was radiating from his face. Sure there was some guilt hidden, but he was good at not showing it. I smiled a little and that literally made his face shine if that's even possible. I signed him to get in.

After closing the door, I thought to give a good handshake but he surprised me again by - you guessed it, hugging me. The way he keeps my head firmly near to his heart with his palm not letting it go and his chin on top of my head makes my insides all mushy. Like he's afraid I might vanish from his sight. I finally returned the hug slowly and he tightened his hands on me. I sighed. I could stay like this forever.

After what it seemed like hours but it was only ten minutes - yes I was counting the seconds - he finally let go of me. I almost whined about it but quickly shut my mouth as he pressed a soft kiss on the side of my head and showed his million dollar grin. I swooned internally but my blush gave it all. Wow. Even after this long, I can't keep my face from getting red in front of him. I tried to hide my face by turning away and covering it with my hair but he caught my wrist and chuckled softly. If this was an animated scene, my eyes would be showing huge heart signs and in awe.

"Don't hide it. You really look adorable like this." And placed feather kisses on each cheek. That was enough to make my face go completely red. Before I embarrass myself more, I decided to change the topic.

"How are you? Are you eating on time? You don't do extra work, do you? By the way, I've made Baklava. Hope you are hungry...?" My last statement was kind of a question. I really hoped he would say yes.

"I am fine Hayati." There goes my heart dancing on the inside. "And yes I eat on time and no, not all the time. Sometimes when the work is really important then. And I just finished having lunch..."

I instantly pouted. So much for things to go the way I think.

"It's fine. I will pack it before you leave. I mean, it's not like I especially made it for you-"

Well done, Nawal. Good job. Bravo. I should give you some sort of award for being like this. Can't you stay quiet for a moment?!

Aadil, on the other hand, looked shocked and then came back his award-winning grin. I smiled sheepishly and thought to give an explanation but he, as always, cut me by giving another hug.

"Then I will eat right now. I don't know what I've done to deserve someone like you. Thank you, for being in my life."

His eyes were glistening with tears but he blinked it quickly after seeing how shocked I was. I almost teared up seeing how he was looking at me like I was some prized possession. Again, I tried to avoid the topic and made him sit on the sofa while I bring the Baklava with coffee, just in case.

I was waiting eagerly for him to say how it tastes but I tried not saying much. It went as if time was slowed down, with him taking a piece and bringing to his mouth. I almost yelled for him to eat a bit soon but the second he took a bite, everything went in fast motion. Him closing his eyes and devouring it entirely, him giving me his cheeky smile and I sighed in relief that it tasted good.

"Your hands are magical dear. It tastes amazing. I don't remember the last time I ate this. Thank you." Oh, my goodness. Why is he saying thanks to every single thing? I am not that special!

"Yes. Yes, you are special, to me."

I groaned. "I said that out loud, didn't I?"

He started laughing at me. I playfully glared at him but he won't stop! Soon, a smile came on my face seeing how gorgeous he looks. Wish he did that all the time. 'Wish we stayed together.' My inner voice said. I quickly dodged that thought away, keeping that on my later-thinking list.

"So. What do you plan to do this time?" I asked so that my mind wouldn't keep thinking about that thought. And soon he got excited. He specifically avoided this question and kept it as a surprise for me.

"First, we watch movies." He said. But just by looking in his eyes, this wasn't the only thing we will be doing.

{•}•{•}

I suddenly woke up in confusion. When did I fall asleep? We were watching 'Me Before You' and after that, I don't remember anything. I looked around and to my mortification, I was sleeping on Aadil's lap! And to make things even more embarrassing, he was stroking my hair and I will be selfish here, but that felt really good and I wanted to sleep more. I tried getting up but he slowly kept my head back on his lap and continued caressing it. Before I went back to sleep, I think I heard him say 'my little angel' but as always, I might be dreaming.

I maybe slept for like an hour or two but then I woke up. And when I did I saw Aadil sitting here peacefully with eyes closed, head laid back on the sofa, still stroking my hair with a small smile on his face. The words 'I love you' almost slipped from my mouth but I stopped myself. Again. It seems I can't control myself nowadays.

"Aadil?" I whispered thinking he might get disturbed. He hummed and opened his eyes, again, with a genuine smile on his face.

"Are you ready now, sleepyhead?"

"Hey! I am not sleepyhead! It's just that I was bit tired and usually, when I watch movies, I sleep. And yes, I am ready for the day. And please don't make that face like you were responsible for me being tired. I enjoy doing it." For you. "Now let's do whatever is planned in your head." I smiled a little and finally, he let go of the situation. Moments like this is what I want and keeps me happy, even if I get tired. It's worth every second.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Assalamualaikum guys! Ramadan Mubarak to all of you. And yes, we know it's late lol. We are back with another chapter! Hope you guys like this. What do you think Aadil has planned to do? Do leave your suggestions in the comments.

Please remember all the people, all the kids who are suffering and those who can't afford anything, in your dua. Pray for those who passed away in this holy month and remember us guys in your duas too! In Sha Allah, in this month we change for the good. Ameen. 💝

Also, we've made an Instagram account! If you want any sneak peeks from this story and spoilers for other stories, make sure to follow us! Username is the same as our account - laughforever2829.

Until then,

Love y' all,💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 6K 67
"I promise you. No one will ever take your place in my heart." ××× "You didn't tell me you were engaged to her," Zameer says gritting his teeth. "Se...
234K 13K 40
"welcome to the HELL baby" Aaric said emphasizing the word "hell", and pushed her hard into the house,on the cold floor. "Why did you pushed me and...
2.3M 133K 53
[My stories do NOT represent Islam, they represent most Muslims nowadays] ~~~~ "So I can't be this close to you?" Brody softly asked, pretending he d...
132K 26.3K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...