Home

By Mackenzie_WiIson1

Hunters work best alone, and you knew that. Then how exactly did you find yourself living with the infamous... More

Wattys 2018
Welcome Back Guys!
Preface
Abbreviation Key
Chapter 1: Hellhounds
Chapter 2: Answers
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Hunt
Chapter 5: Brothers and a Hotel Bed
Chapter 6: Shopping Spree
Chapter 7: A Gift
Chapter 8: Nightmares
Chapter 9: Nightmares- Part 2
Chapter 10: Betrayal
Chapter 11: Damsels in Distress
Chapter 12: The Fight
Chapter 13: Fixer Upper
Chapter 14: Insight
Chapter 15: Rifts
Chapter 16: Catching Up
Chapter 17: Not as Planned
Chapter 18: Captured
Chapter 19: Guns A-Blazin'
Author's Note
Chapter 20: Emotions
Chapter 21: Acceptance
Chapter 22: Learning to Cope
Chapter 23: Bonding Time
Chapter 24: Cheering Up
Chapter 25: Lovesick
Author's Note: P.S. I love you guys!
Chapter 26: Lovesick (Part 2)
Chapter 27: No Hope
Chapter 28: Stairway to Heaven
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Hope and Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Meeting the Maker
Chapter 31: Meeting the Maker (Part 2)
Chapter 32: Reunited
Chapter 33: Catch Up
Chapter 34: Never a Break
Author's Note 2
Chapter 36: Girls Just Wanna Go Hunt
Chapter 37: Nightmarish
Chapter 38: Fear Itself
A/N: You guys are amazing!!
Chapter 39: Back at It
Celebrate 1 Year!
Chapter 40: Staking it Out
Chapter 41: Possession
A/N: You've Done it Again!
A/N: Let's Talk :)
A/N: Let's get the party started!
Chapter 42: Inked
Chapter 43: Thanksgiving
Guuuuuuuuyyyyyysss!!!!!
Chapter 44: Sickness
DUDE!
Chapter 44.5: Sickness (Part 2)
A/N: So, Hi
A/N: Houston we had a problem
A/N: We Are Back in Business!!!
Chapter 45: Lazy Days
A/N: TWITTER
Chapter 45.5: Lazy Days (Part 2)
A/N: Hey :)
Chapter 46: Date Night
Hello again!
Chapter 47: Night Moves
Show your support :)
Random Writing Excerpt
Chapter 48: Trust Me
Sick of me yet?
Chapter 49: The Devil You Know
Chapter 50: Unexpected Caller
My New Side Project! :D
Chapter 51: Reunited
Chapter 52: Dinner Date
Chapter 53: Broken Pieces
Chapter 54: My Immortal
Chapter 55: Another Day, Another Hospital
Chapter 56: Under the Mistletoe
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Recruiting Your Help

Chapter 35: Kitchen Time

711 52 4
By Mackenzie_WiIson1

Dean's POV

"So, what's with the girl?" Jody asked me with a special glint in her eyes. "You guys haven't said much about her."

I avoided the topic of Y/N. Talking about her was hard, because I was afraid I would spill all of my true feelings. I was still afraid that I was dreaming and she was still dead. It just didn't seem true yet. I was terrified to lose her again.

Both Sam and Jody looked at me expectantly. I still chose to say nothing, but Jody wasn't taking that as an answer.

"You guys seemed to be pretty friendly together. Are you interested in each other?"

I scoffed at the comment. "Aw, Jody. C'mon. Really?"

She shrugged her shoulders and walked to the kitchen. Sam and I followed, assuming it was to make lunch. "You two are like my boys. You can't blame me for mom-ing it up."

Sam laughed and I groaned. "Just don't start pinching my cheeks."

Jody shook her head with a smile. "Get some cans of tomato soup out of the cupboard over there."

I did as she said while she gave Sam some orders too. I had to give her credit. For not knowing what happened to Claire and Alex, Jody was staying strong. I shouldn't have been surprised. Jody was a strong woman.

"Whether you know it or not, Dean, you like her."

"I do not like Y/N," I countered defensively. "Now what am I doing with this soup?"

"Do you know how to use a stove?"

"Do I know how to use a-yes I know how to use a freaking oven."

Jody laughed and sighed. "Oh, you boys don't come around enough. I've missed you guys."

"We've missed you too, Jody," Sam said while buttering pieces of bread.

I started heating up several cans of tomato soup and started snooping around her cabinets for some spices.

"What are you looking for?" Sam asked when I shooed him out of my way.

"Something to make this...good." I searched through some more cabinets before giving up and stirring the soup. "Jody, do ya got any basil and rosemary?" I called over my shoulder.

Sam stopped buttering bread and Jody stopped slicing the tomatoes and onions on the cutting board. Neither one of them said anything. They only stared.

"What?" I asked.

"I do, but since when did you use spices?"

Jody walked to the back corner of the kitchen and opened a tall cabinet and searched through spices. My mind went back to all the times I had to take care of Sammy when Dad was away on hunting trips. Pleasing a five-year-old with canned foods wasn't easy, and spices could be bought relatively cheap. I did what I could with what I had.

"I had to cook a lot when Dad was gone."

+++

"Dean, this is amazing for canned soup," Jody said after dipping her grilled cheese in the bowl.

"Thanks," I said, finishing my third sandwich. "I'm going to go wake up Y/N and give her some." I walked through the house until I reached the room Y/N was still napping in. I carefully edged the door open and stood in the door way looking at her.

I hated seeing her the way she was. Something was wrong with her and she wouldn't tell me, I knew that much. I just wish I could figure it out. Everything has been bad in one way or another since I decided to go to the stupid bar. Y/N died, but then she came back...but now something's wrong. I just wanted to do everything I could to keep her safe.

I loved Y/N, and somehow...someday I would show her that I did.

A/N: Again, I'm so sorry that this is so short, and I know it doesn't contribute much to the plot. It's more of domestic life fluff...I hope you all still enjoy it. I promise I'm doing what I can. I don't why I'm having such a hard time...but next week should definitely be a normal length. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.8K 1.5K 42
The Best Hunters are Sam and Dean Winchester, right? They're known throughout the hunting community, throughout the demons, hell, throughout the ange...
9.6K 273 12
You are a hunter in a bar drinking after a bad hunt drinking your problems away.Then two very attractive men walk in.You meet eyes with one and start...
634K 17.7K 27
You are the second best hunter in the world, only second to the infamous Winchester brothers. When your close friend tells you to work a case with th...
107K 2.3K 12
You loved Dean Winchester with all your heart, and that's what caused it to break so easily. You were blind from all the signs that were there, and w...