Chapter 55: Another Day, Another Hospital

A/N: Well...it's official. I'm back at school and I'm a little bitter. I'm not ready to start college up already! I feel like summer barely started! I hope you guys are having a better time adjusting to the school season than I am! (It's not as bad as I make it seem. I know) Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Dean's POV

A thump startled all of us out of our heated debate about what to do for Y/N. All of our heads snapped to the hall to see Y/N's body in a heap on the floor.

I was sprinting to her before I even consciously decided to. "Y/N, hey." I picked her up in my arms and gently shook her. Nothing happened aside from her head lolling to the side. Her breathing was terrifyingly shallow. "Y/N, c'mon."

Still nothing and panic started to set in. "Cas, help," I called out.

The angel was by my side in less than a second, touching two fingers to her forehead. She could be mad at me later for using Cas to fix her up. I could deal with that anger. What I couldn't deal with was something bad happening to her.

"Dean," Cas said quietly. "I can't."

"You can't?" Sam asked, coming closer now.

"What do you mean you can't? Use your angel mojo or whatever. I thought you could do stuff like this Cas." I was angry and I knew my anger was misdirected at Cas, but I didn't have anywhere else to throw the anger.

"She's starving. I can't fix that."

"Gadreel could bring Charlie back to life, but you can't stop Y/N from starving?"

He shook his head. "I—I'm sorry. I don't choose what I can do. Thing such as nourishment are things that have always been off-limits for most angels. Only the really powerful ones could fix something like this."

You cradled her thinning body tighter and stood up.

"Are we making a hospital run?" Sam asked.

"You drive," I replied. Not waiting for an answer or any kind of consent, I stalked off to the garage and climbed into the backseat. It was starting to feel like I had to hold her back here far too many times. I looked down on her pale and gaunt face. She didn't look good.

"I promise we'll get this fixed," I whispered to her just before Sam and Cas got in the car.

"You know we can't go to the hospital here, right?" Sam said as he started down the road.

I cursed as he reminded me of the time she came back to life and we smuggled her out of there. Cas claimed he altered the memories there, but he was bound to have missed a person or two. We couldn't risk having to answer those questions.

"Drive faster, then," I ordered.

"Dean, if it's any consolation, her heart is still beating rather strong. She's weak, but still alive," Cas said.

"Thanks," I said gratefully. It was good to know that she wasn't dying in my arms.

+++

We all sat in her hospital room, the familiarity of the situation made me nervous. Last time she was unconscious in a hospital bed I walked out thinking I would never see her beautiful eyes and bright smile again. Despite Cas and the nurses reassuring me she would be okay, I still found myself nervous.

I checked the time on my phone and rubbed my eyes tiredly. It was four in the morning. "Sam, you should get some sleep in the car or something."

"I'm staying," he said. "I'm fine, really."

Even though he said he was fine, I saw right through him. There was a reason he chose to pace the room instead of rest in a chair. It would only take a moment of sitting for him to fall asleep. I pulled my chair closer to her bed and took her hand in mine. I had to be careful since she had IVs hooked into her hand. There were other wires hooked up to her to prove that her heart was still beating. They said it wasn't as serious as it looked, only a precaution.