Home

By Mackenzie_WiIson1

Hunters work best alone, and you knew that. Then how exactly did you find yourself living with the infamous... More

Wattys 2018
Welcome Back Guys!
Preface
Abbreviation Key
Chapter 1: Hellhounds
Chapter 2: Answers
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Hunt
Chapter 5: Brothers and a Hotel Bed
Chapter 6: Shopping Spree
Chapter 7: A Gift
Chapter 8: Nightmares
Chapter 9: Nightmares- Part 2
Chapter 10: Betrayal
Chapter 11: Damsels in Distress
Chapter 12: The Fight
Chapter 13: Fixer Upper
Chapter 14: Insight
Chapter 15: Rifts
Chapter 16: Catching Up
Chapter 17: Not as Planned
Chapter 18: Captured
Author's Note
Chapter 20: Emotions
Chapter 21: Acceptance
Chapter 22: Learning to Cope
Chapter 23: Bonding Time
Chapter 24: Cheering Up
Chapter 25: Lovesick
Author's Note: P.S. I love you guys!
Chapter 26: Lovesick (Part 2)
Chapter 27: No Hope
Chapter 28: Stairway to Heaven
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Hope and Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Meeting the Maker
Chapter 31: Meeting the Maker (Part 2)
Chapter 32: Reunited
Chapter 33: Catch Up
Chapter 34: Never a Break
Author's Note 2
Chapter 35: Kitchen Time
Chapter 36: Girls Just Wanna Go Hunt
Chapter 37: Nightmarish
Chapter 38: Fear Itself
A/N: You guys are amazing!!
Chapter 39: Back at It
Celebrate 1 Year!
Chapter 40: Staking it Out
Chapter 41: Possession
A/N: You've Done it Again!
A/N: Let's Talk :)
A/N: Let's get the party started!
Chapter 42: Inked
Chapter 43: Thanksgiving
Guuuuuuuuyyyyyysss!!!!!
Chapter 44: Sickness
DUDE!
Chapter 44.5: Sickness (Part 2)
A/N: So, Hi
A/N: Houston we had a problem
A/N: We Are Back in Business!!!
Chapter 45: Lazy Days
A/N: TWITTER
Chapter 45.5: Lazy Days (Part 2)
A/N: Hey :)
Chapter 46: Date Night
Hello again!
Chapter 47: Night Moves
Show your support :)
Random Writing Excerpt
Chapter 48: Trust Me
Sick of me yet?
Chapter 49: The Devil You Know
Chapter 50: Unexpected Caller
My New Side Project! :D
Chapter 51: Reunited
Chapter 52: Dinner Date
Chapter 53: Broken Pieces
Chapter 54: My Immortal
Chapter 55: Another Day, Another Hospital
Chapter 56: Under the Mistletoe
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Recruiting Your Help

Chapter 19: Guns A-Blazin'

843 53 9
By Mackenzie_WiIson1

Dean's POV

My phone began playing the signature guitar riff and I pulled it out of my pocket as quickly as possible. There was only one name I wanted to see flashing across the screen as I sped towards South Dakota. A sigh of relief escaped me when I saw her name. Maybe she's okay after all.

"Y/N, thank god-"

"Wrong." Abaddon's voice both made my blood boil and run cold all at one time. "I just thought you'd want to be a part of this little session."

I put the phone on speaker and hit Sam out of his slumber in the passenger seat.

"Dude," he complained before I shushed him. "Y/N or Abaddon?" he whispered.

"Abaddon," I growled.

I could hear Y/N whimpering and occasionally yelling out in the background as Abaddon attempted to persuade her to get her into the bunker. Y/N was refusing and Abaddon was doing something to hurt her. You pushed the gas petal almost flush to the floor. Sam gave you a look, but said nothing because he understood why. This was my fault. If I wouldn't have tried so hard to push her out of our lives...

I didn't hang up the phone. Hearing Y/N whimper and cry was one of the hardest things I've had to listen to, but at least it meant she was alive. If I stayed on the phone, I felt connected to her in a way, almost as if I was somehow helping her. It was ridiculous, but it made me feel a little better.

"How far out are we?" Sam asked.

"Twenty minutes."

A sound of agony cut through the air as Abaddon laughed into the speaker.

"You better it make ten. I'm not sure how much longer she'll hold out." The line went dead before I had the chance to say anything back. I growled in angry frustration and tossed my phone onto the dash board. It's always my fault. No matter what I do, no matter how many precautions I set in place, the people I care about either end up hurt or dead.

"Take it easy," Sam said calmly.

"Take it easy?" I scoffed. "How can I take it easy when this is my fault?"

"Dean, it's not your fault. You thought you were helping here."

"Yeah, well look there got her." My voice rose to a shout. "Nothing I do will ever protect the people I want to be safe. Everything I do always comes back to bite me in the ass. Sammy, I tired of being the cause of everything bad that's ever happened to our friends."

He let out an airy laugh and I looked over at him in the darkness. His face was illuminated by the headlights of a passing car. It amazed me how much he's changed over the years, yet somehow he was still my baby brother and I would always see him as the little kid I needed to protect.

"You can't keep blaming everything on yourself. Bad things happen to our friends because our friends are hunters. It's in the job description. You have to cut yourself some slack." He shook his head and some strands of his long hair fell from behind his ears.

"If we get her out of this, she's never going to forgive me," I whispered.

"I know we haven't known her long, but Y/N's a sweet girl. She's not going to hold this against you. Just don't be so afraid of her."

My jaw clenched. I wasn't afraid of her. I was afraid of hurting her, and for good reason. He knew that. Besides, it's never exactly been in my personality to allow people to get close to me. Sam has been the only person constant in my life and things seemed to work better that way. We know how each other operates. Typically, adding another person into the mix ended poorly for the other person. It didn't seem fair that we have had so many chances. It didn't seem fair that I have had so many chances.

I saw the building that Abaddon had described to me and drifted the car into the parking lot. My baby was barely in park before I was unbuckled and running into the building.

"Dean, wait," Sam yelled. "What's the plan here?"

"Kill that bitch and get Y/N back." I kept walking, only less sure than before.

"You know we can't kill her."

"Then we do our best to slow her down."

I pressed forward knowing that our chances of taking Abaddon down right then were very slim. It never worked like that for us. Ever. Something was bound to go south, but I couldn't think like that. I had to focus on getting Y/N out of there alive.

Sam caught up to me as I pushed the doors open and charged in with my gun at the ready. Bullets would never kill her, but these bullets were etched with demon traps. She wouldn't die, but she would be stopped. If it worked once, it has to work twice.

The room was dark and I pulled my flashlight out of my back pocket, shining it in every direction my gun pointed. Sam stayed close to me with his demon killing knife at the ready. I hated Ruby, still do for a lot of reasons, but introducing us to the demon knife sure was helpful. If it weren't for the seriousness of the situation, the thought of all the demons Ruby helped us kill could have made me laugh.

"Perfect timing." I heard Abaddon before I saw her, and just as I saw her she slammed Sam and me back against the wall with her demonic powers. I tried with everything in me to get out of her hold, but it was no use. With a flick of her hand, the bright fluorescent lights blinked on and illuminated the concrete and metal room. "Bring 'em in," she yelled.

Not long after, two dark men with dark eyes brought in two chairs. One contained an unconscious girl that I didn't recognize and the other one had Y/N in it, fighting with every step the demon took. She was stronger than I gave her credit for.

"Let them go," I growled through gritted teeth. "I will give you whatever you want, just let them go." The two demons paid no mind to me and left as quickly as they came.

"Dean," Sam whispered, panic laced in his voice. I looked over to him, pleading. This was our fight, not Y/N's and certainly not the girl sitting limply across from her. If I could convince Abaddon to let them go, then we could figure out the rest with the girls safely away from us.

Abaddon only laughed. "You think I'm going to fall for that?" She clicked her tongue at me like a disapproving parent. "You disappoint me, Dean."

She turned her back to us and walked to Y/N. Her hold over Sam and me stayed strong and I didn't know what to do. Abaddon caressed her face with the tip of a blood stained blade. My stomach twisted at the thought of the blood being Y/N's. It wasn't right. With anger, I pushed harder against the invisible restraints she had around me. It was no use.

"I thought you boys might want to be here for this moment." She winked over at us. Her fingers snapped and the mystery girl stirred awake.

"Niki!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Either one of you," Abaddon said, looking between the two girls. "Join me and help me take over Hell and take down the Men of Letters. They aren't as noble as you think."

"You can bite me," the girl called Niki said weakly.

I tried again to get off the freaking wall. I didn't know what, but I knew something bad was about to happen.

"Don't tempt me, sweetie. I just may." Abaddon looked directly at Y/N, waiting for an answer.

"Never," she said. Her voice didn't waver or crack. Despite being put through whatever torture Abaddon has done, she was still strong and sure of herself.

Abaddon turned around without a word and made her way to Niki. Before anyone could say a word, Abaddon shoved the blade deep into Niki's stomach and pulled up with a growl. "I will destroy everyone you love," Abaddon shouted to Y/N, who was screaming louder than I think I've ever heard anyone scream. My heart was shattering at the sound.

For a brief moment, while Abaddon was distracted, her power faltered and I was able to break free from the wall. Before I did anything to Abaddon, I was distracted by Y/N. All I could think about was getting her out of here and helping her. I noticed Sam making it away from her hold and quietly walking behind her as she was preoccupied with making Y/N watch her carve into the delicate skin of a barely living Niki.

Sam drove the demon knife into Abaddon's side. She screamed out in pain. We knew the knife wouldn't kill her, nothing would. We did know that it would injure her and weaken her powers.

"Hey, hey, you're going to be okay," I told Y/N as Sam struggled against Abaddon. She seemed to be in a state of shock while a steady stream of salty tears streaked her blood stained face. I pulled the lock pick set out of my pocket and worked at the cuffs trapping her to the chair. The sooner I could get her out of here, the better.

The locks finally opened and the cuffs fell to the ground. I sent a brief look behind me to see Sam having an upper hand on Abaddon. My hand reached out for Y/N to take it. She only sat there, a shell of the fiery girl I witnessed only moments ago. I gripped her arm and pulled her tight against me, backing far away from Sam and Abaddon. She clung tightly to my shirt and my arms wrapped tightly around her trembling frame.

"Sam," I shouted, raising the gun up at Abaddon as fell to the ground. Abaddon walked towards him. "Don't," I called out sternly. "Devil's trap bullets." Sam shuffled backwards a few feet before regaining his composer and making it to his feet.

Abaddon paced back and forth while I kept my gun trained on her, ready to shoot at the first sign of trouble.

"Oh, poor Y/N. What's the matter, dear? Didn't you like my little show?"

"Leave her alone," I stated evenly. Y/N buried herself deeper into me. I wanted to pick her up into my arms and whisk her away from all of this. She shouldn't have had to deal with this.

"You would be better off to let me have her. She's slowing you, Dean. You were on your way to something big in Vegas and dropped it all the second you heard she was in trouble."

I ignored her comment. We were after her in Vegas, and she somehow knew that. She was trying to get in my head and make me second guess Y/N more than I already had.

"You're too distracted when you're hunting," she continued. "She steals your focus. For instance, you would've shot me a long time ago if you weren't too busy coddling the baby."

"I told you to leave her alone." My finger tightened on the trigger. Sam kept looking vigorously between Abaddon and me, waiting to see what I would do.

"She's something you want, Dean. It makes her a high target."

Her comment sent me over the edge and I pulled back on the trigger. The bullet went flying, but not before Abaddon smoked out of the vessel and went to who knows where.

"What should we do?" Sam asked.

"Get the bullet out. She might go back to Josie's body. We're better off knowing what her skin looks like."

He nodded. "Get her to the car. I'll deal with this."

I nodded and guided Y/N into the front seat of the Impala with me. She stared out of the windshield as silent tears kept falling.

A/N: Okay, this one was a bit longer than the rest, not by much but it was. Hopefully, you didn't mind ;) Let me know your thoughts on this. I'm still a bit unsure of writing in his POV, even though I'm totally loving getting to write from his perspective. If you guys have any pointers or ideas that could make it sound more like Dean or anything like that, let me know. I love when you guys give me ideas! See you in the next update :D

Also, , I felt terrible killing you off. It just...it sorta happened. It wasn't where I was planning on going with the story at all, but I guess it kind of needed to happen to advance foreward. I'm sorry and please don't hate me! I love you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 1.9K 14
This is another reader insert story! You have heard something about the Winchesters, but you have never ever imagined that you would meet them under...
37.2K 1K 75
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ... ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
634K 17.7K 27
You are the second best hunter in the world, only second to the infamous Winchester brothers. When your close friend tells you to work a case with th...
450K 13K 82
Saving people, hunting things, the family business. It's always been like that when you moved in with the Winchesters. You never got a break. But now...