Home

By Mackenzie_WiIson1

Hunters work best alone, and you knew that. Then how exactly did you find yourself living with the infamous... More

Wattys 2018
Welcome Back Guys!
Preface
Abbreviation Key
Chapter 2: Answers
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Hunt
Chapter 5: Brothers and a Hotel Bed
Chapter 6: Shopping Spree
Chapter 7: A Gift
Chapter 8: Nightmares
Chapter 9: Nightmares- Part 2
Chapter 10: Betrayal
Chapter 11: Damsels in Distress
Chapter 12: The Fight
Chapter 13: Fixer Upper
Chapter 14: Insight
Chapter 15: Rifts
Chapter 16: Catching Up
Chapter 17: Not as Planned
Chapter 18: Captured
Chapter 19: Guns A-Blazin'
Author's Note
Chapter 20: Emotions
Chapter 21: Acceptance
Chapter 22: Learning to Cope
Chapter 23: Bonding Time
Chapter 24: Cheering Up
Chapter 25: Lovesick
Author's Note: P.S. I love you guys!
Chapter 26: Lovesick (Part 2)
Chapter 27: No Hope
Chapter 28: Stairway to Heaven
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Hope and Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Meeting the Maker
Chapter 31: Meeting the Maker (Part 2)
Chapter 32: Reunited
Chapter 33: Catch Up
Chapter 34: Never a Break
Author's Note 2
Chapter 35: Kitchen Time
Chapter 36: Girls Just Wanna Go Hunt
Chapter 37: Nightmarish
Chapter 38: Fear Itself
A/N: You guys are amazing!!
Chapter 39: Back at It
Celebrate 1 Year!
Chapter 40: Staking it Out
Chapter 41: Possession
A/N: You've Done it Again!
A/N: Let's Talk :)
A/N: Let's get the party started!
Chapter 42: Inked
Chapter 43: Thanksgiving
Guuuuuuuuyyyyyysss!!!!!
Chapter 44: Sickness
DUDE!
Chapter 44.5: Sickness (Part 2)
A/N: So, Hi
A/N: Houston we had a problem
A/N: We Are Back in Business!!!
Chapter 45: Lazy Days
A/N: TWITTER
Chapter 45.5: Lazy Days (Part 2)
A/N: Hey :)
Chapter 46: Date Night
Hello again!
Chapter 47: Night Moves
Show your support :)
Random Writing Excerpt
Chapter 48: Trust Me
Sick of me yet?
Chapter 49: The Devil You Know
Chapter 50: Unexpected Caller
My New Side Project! :D
Chapter 51: Reunited
Chapter 52: Dinner Date
Chapter 53: Broken Pieces
Chapter 54: My Immortal
Chapter 55: Another Day, Another Hospital
Chapter 56: Under the Mistletoe
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Recruiting Your Help

Chapter 1: Hellhounds

2.3K 78 14
By Mackenzie_WiIson1

A/N: I'm dedicating this chapter to justt_keep_swimming because she has quickly become one of my internet best friends and she helped me out by going over this chapter before I uploaded it. Maybe go over to her page and show her some love. She's an absolutely amazing person!

Also, there is a part that has created way more confusion than I ever thought it would. At one point, Y/N uses an aliases, which is a fake name. The alias is only used for a brief portion. I promise it's still an x reader. 🙂

Your feet were pounding through the forest, Hellhounds hot on your trail. It was one measly deal. Everything had gone right. You gave the ultimatum: your life in ten years in exchange to spare your only remaining relative...This stupid hunting business knocks family out left and right.

It all went down the way it was should have. You did exactly what you were supposed to, including kissing the slimy bastard Crowley. He held his bargain. Becket, your baby cousin, who wasn't such a baby, was all but brought back from the dead. Not only was he okay, but all of his scars from the werewolf were nowhere to be found.

Crowley had outdone himself, you thought.

Crowley made the deal worth it, you thought.

Ten years is more than any hunter could hope for on a normal day anyway, you thought.

All of those thoughts dissipated when you were settling in for the night, lounging in an abandoned home, one of the better places you've managed to find in weeks. The unmistakable sounds of Hellhound snarls filled the air.

How many times had you tried to save people from Hellhounds? And how many of them ended up dying a bloody death despite your efforts? The number, you knew, was high. So you ran as fast as you could into the woods of Lebanon, Kansas.

While running, the thought of Crowley screwing you over only one year after your deal pushed your limbs faster and sent your heart racing faster than you thought possible.

A scream of desperation ripped through your throat. The forest was beginning to thin out and your cover from the world and possibly even Hellhounds was ending. Your eyes landed upon a car that was slightly obstructed by trees. There were two options that crossed your mind. One option was to avoid the car so that innocent people weren't put in danger. The second option—

The second option didn't have time to fully form into something coherent because the sound of a shotgun rang through the air. A male voice called out to you.

"Keep running!"

You obeyed without any hesitations.

Did I just stumble across other hunters? You asked yourself.

As if the mutts could sense that you were about to escape, one latched on to your ankle and dragged you to the ground, digging his sharp claws into your (pale/dark) flesh. As much as you hated to show pain and weakness, cries and shrieks left you unwelcomed.

Positive this was your end, you didn't bother fighting. It was a Hellhound. There was no use. If the Crossroads Demon wanted you dead, you would be dead.

Pain filled your entire body almost as if it was replacing the blood you were losing. The battle against death was ending and the outcome seemed grim. You knew you were very near your end.

Through the black spotted clouds of your vision, a man with glasses came into view and he was charging straight towards you with...

An angel blade? I've never seen one in person before. I've only heard about it.

The guy with long brown hair raised his armed hand in the sky and thrusted it towards you. Maybe he was trying to end your misery, you thought. But then, something strange happened. The Hellhound wailed and shortly thereafter, he stopped shredding you to bits.

Another male joined the one standing over you. They ignored you as if you were not even there. "I think that's all of them," the one with short and textured hair said.

The big one, the one with deep brown hair, scooped you into his arms and briskly walked while the sandy blond haired one followed closely behind.

"You're going to be okay," the one carrying you said. "Dean, do you have the key to the bunker?" The sense of urgency in his voice was more than evident. It was glaringly obvious.

"Yeah, we're almost there."

You sensed the last part of his sentence was meant for you rather than the one carrying you. From the sound of it, he should have already known where this so called bunker was at.

"I don't feel so great," you uttered weakly.

"You're gonna be fine," Dean, as you had just learned, responded. His tone oddly contradicting. His words were gruff with a hint of compassion in them.

The only thing your drifting mind could focus on was the pain. Searing, fiery bursts pulsated around each and every slice the Hellhound had created. Despite the reassurances that the boys kept uttering to you during the mad rush to the place they called the bunker, you knew there was no hope. It was like all of the movies you've watched. The dying person almost always gets reassured by the healthy one. Better to go in peace than in fear, you supposed.

In what seemed like an eternity, though it was truthfully only a few minutes, that Dean guy was unlocking a large metal door and the giant was bounding down the stairs, not seeming to care that he was jarring your injured body anymore.

"Sam, get her in my room. I'm going to find Cas."

So the giant's name is Sam, you noted as the lids of your eyes fell heavy and it became too much of a hassle to keep them open anymore.

"Hey," Sam yelled. When you didn't respond, he said it several more times, getting louder as he went. His large hand lightly slapped your cheek.

With a groan, you opened your eyes grudgingly. "Happy?" you asked with little patience.

Sure, these guys claimed that they were helping you, but for all you knew, they could be plotting your death. As a hunter, you knew your chances of life had always been slim. That is the precise reason you rarely trusted people. Trust couldn't be so easily won by you.

"What's your name?" Sam asked in an attempt to keep you conscious.

Still unsure if these boys could be trusted, you blurted out one of your aliases. "Alice Cunningham."

"Okay, Alice," he responded, "try to keep your eyes open. I need to know your still conscious."

You nodded, but your eyes slid shut anyhow, the weight being too much for you to handle. Your life has been good so far, at least in regards to the fact that you've been born and raised as a hunter. There are a lot of people still alive because of you. You had a good run, maybe it was time to let go.

"Dean, hurry. We're losing her," you heard the muffled yell of Sam.

The sound of footsteps echoed in the room. From the sound of it, more than one person entered.

"Damn it," you heard one of them yell. Your consciousness was fading too fast to distinguish sounds sharply. "Cas, heal her!"

An odd pain filled your body. Discomfort might better fit the sensation that was racing through your body. It didn't hurt, per se, but it was like someone was trying to make something fit that shouldn't. Almost like a toddler trying to piece together a puzzle.

Your eyes fluttered open to see the two boys who rescued you and then the one you assumed to be Cas standing anxiously over your body. It hurt, your body, but the pain was opposite from the pain the Hellhounds left. You felt like you had over exerted yourself in an intense workout.

"What?" Your voice was breathy from the pure shock. Upon looking over yourself, a gasp escaped you. The shredding from the Hounds was nowhere to be seen. There weren't even any scars left on your skin. "How?"

Cas stepped forward and opened his mouth, but Sam placed one hand on his shoulder and one on his back. "Tell her later, Cas. Right now she needs to rest." Sam gave you a quick and small smile before walking out with Cas. Dean stood against the wall by the door with his hands in his pockets.

"So," he stepped forward and clapped his hands, rubbing his palms together as he advanced. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. Get some rest," he hesitated and pursed his lips, clearly trying to remember if he had learned your name.

"Alice," you told him, though you were beginning to be less wary of these boys. "Who are guys, anyways?"

"My name's Dean," he stepped closer and you could see his eyes and how amazing they were. You hated to admit it, but he was someone that belonged in a dreamland. He had a rugged, but caring way about him, and that was all just what you were gathering in the short span of time that he was talking to you. "The giant is Sam and the other guy is Cas."

You smirked when he called Sam a giant, as that was your first impression of the guy. "And where am I?"

Dean only shook his head. "No more questions tonight. You need to rest, you'll be pretty worn out for the next few days."

He walked over to the dress beside the bed and rummaged through the middle drawer, tossing a dark shirt at you after a moment. "Sorry it's nothing spectacular," he said. "But it's probably better than that," he motioned to the pathetic excuse of clothes on your body. Thanks to Crowley's Hellhounds, there was a considerable amount of fabric missing. "There's a shower in that room if you want to clean up."

"Thanks," you mumbled and Dean nodded his head before leaving you alone in the strange concrete room.

The shower seemed to call out to you, the blood remaining from your wounds seeming to sit heavy on your newly healed skin. You carefully planted your feet on the floor and shuffled toward the door on the left side of the room.

Your surroundings left you wanting something more pleasing to the eye, and that didn't exclude the small bathroom. Everything was concrete and had a slight musty smell. Not that you were complaining because this place was currently your safe haven. It just didn't seem like a place that would be easy to call home.

You had to rip your clothes off your body since they were so caked on with blood. There was no sense in even attempting to salvage the remains of your once favored pair of jeans and shirt so you tossed them into the rubbish bin before climbing into the shower. The warm water ran welcomed down your skin and washed away the night's horrors with the blood.

You ended the shower sooner than you truly wanted, because you thought it rude to be wasting all of the water. There was that and the fact that you wanted to go to bed more than you remembered ever wanting in the past. So, you toweled off and slipped on Dean's shirt with nothing to cover your private areas. It fell just short of the middle of your thighs. The shirt had a woodsy smell that was mingled with a faint cologne.

Your bare feet padded silently against the frigid concrete floor back into the bedroom. A fresh blanket that wasn't stained with blood greeted you, a note and two pills sitting atop of it. The note was from Dean and it read:

Thought you might want some clean

blankets and something to ebb the pain.

Sweet dreams, Alice.

A thankful smile found its way to your lips. It was kind of these boys to do for you what they did. You sat the pills on the nightstand, not fully trusting them yet and quickly searched through the drawers in the room for a weapon of sorts. It wasn't long before you found a knife and crawled into bed, the weapon grasped tightly in hand. The position wasn't a foreign one to you. You were a hunter, after all.

Tomorrow, you resolved. Tomorrow I will get answers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 273 12
You are a hunter in a bar drinking after a bad hunt drinking your problems away.Then two very attractive men walk in.You meet eyes with one and start...
7.5K 129 15
You can barely stand Dean Winchester. His womanizer attitudes and his flirty nature get in your nerves like no other. Apparently he's a good guy. Or...
422K 10.1K 51
(DeanXReader) Your a hunter. Well on the side, but full time yourown a bar that's on the side of a road in the middle of no where. Actually it's not...