𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄─𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦...

By paradiseearth

[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in... More

cast. + graphics
note from author.
00. prologue
01. earth bound
02. reunited
03. mount weather
04. river monster
05. surprise
06. finding jasper
07. dinner
08. let's take a hunting trip
09. fog
10. oh, hello
11. killer within
12. time limit
13. healing
14. raven
15. the search begins
16. flares
16. the chase
17. best friend
18. hold on
19. oh brother
20. antidotes
21. relief
22. the beyond
23. captive
24. the lucky one
25. faulty
26. the return
27. disease
28. quarantine
29. survival of the fittest
30. observer
32. burn baby burn
33. shortage
34. come home
35. try me
36. revenge
37. pleading
37. revelations
38. ka-boom
39. our home
40. choices
41. war
42. warriors
43. mountain men
44. new beginning
45. serendipity
46. suspicions
47. pretending
48. worries
49. secrets
50. escape plan
51. horror
52. freedom
53. the escape
54. alone
55. alive
56. denial
57. different
58. pain
59. the truth
60. reality
61. (don't) fear the reaper
62. healer
63. no apologies needed
64. revitalization
65. hold on
66. the beginning of the end
67. my brother's keeper
68. empty
69. a memory
70. broken
71. remembrance
72. now I lay me
73. final goodbye
74. innocence
75. surrender
76. another goodbye
77. changes
78. down
79. loud and clear
80. directions
81. breach
82. gameplan
83. now or never
84. safety
85. three simple words
86. coping
87. add it up
88. azgeda
89. fresh start
90. forgiven
91. back again
92. ka-boom (take two)
93. frenemies
94. a ghost
95. tensions
96. crumbling
97. doubts
98. truth
99. divided
100. betrayal
101. last hope
102. surveillance
103. chaos
104. death row
105. hidden
106. remorse
107. hostility
108. chipped
109. family ties
110. EMP
111. together
112. return to arkadia
113. ghost town
114. payback
115. more goodbyes
116. the map
117. signal fire
118. safe passage
119. infestation
120. back to the beach
121. ice nation king
122. to polis
123. up the tower
124. at war in peace
125. between life and death
SEQUEL

31. target practice

26.2K 661 509
By paradiseearth

Not long after we had seen the explosion, Finn and the others had made their way back into camp. Their arrival elicited a fleury of excitement among the members of camp. The small group's arrival didn't bring all good things however, as Finn entered camp with a clearly ill Raven by his side.

Clarke had whisked the two of them off into the drop ship and Fin hadn't emerged since. I was itching to speak with him, mostly apologize for being such a brat earlier, but I knew he would want to be with Raven for the time being.

So, with Finn preoccupied with Raven and Octavia out of camp, presumably visiting Lincoln, I was left alone, well alone up until Bellamy joined me by the fire.

"Hey." I smiled as I looked up at him.

He gave me a small smile as he scratched the back of his neck, something he seemed to do a lot, "Are you busy?"

I let out a small laugh at his question, "No, I'm not much help to anyone right now." I was still too weak to help fortify our walls more for the attack that we were still convinced would come eventually and Clarke had ordered me to stay out of the drop ship and get some fresh air.

Bellamy cracked as grin as he held up the gun he had been holding, "Wanna learn how to shoot?"

---

The two of us stood outside of camp. Not too far away that it was dangerous but enough so that no one would be put in danger.

Bellamy had set up some cans on a partially rotting log and had drawn Xs on the tin cans to give me a clear target.

"I'll demonstrate first." He announced, lifting the gun and effortlessly firing one shot that hit the target dead on.

I stared at him as he turned to me with a smug grin, "See? It's easy."

I rolled my eyes as he handed me the gun, "Stop showing off Bellamy, it's only me here."

He let out a laugh as I lifted the gun, resting it against my shoulder as I aimed at one of the tin cans and fired. The loud bang of the gun caused me to jump slightly. I looked to the target I had fired at and winced. I had hit the tin can but missed the X.

I turned to Bellamy as I exhaled, scrunching up my face in disappointment which caused him to chuckle, "Try again." He encouraged.

I lifted the gun once again, aiming and then firing. An exasperated sigh flew from my lips when I missed the target completely this time, "I suck." I groaned, turning to see an amused looking Bellamy.

"Here," he said, moving so he was standing behind me. He placed a hand on my shoulder as he locked the other under my elbow, "Hold it a bit higher." he mumbled, lightly guiding the gun so it sat further up against my shoulder.

My heart was racing at the proximity between the two of us. Usually I would be disgusted at even the thought of Bellamy being this close to me but for some reason I wanted nothing more than for the two of us to stay like that.

"Now spread your feet shoulder length apart" he instructed, causing me to let out a shaky sigh as I moved my feet.

His hand dropped from my arm as he cleared his throat, "Now shoot."

I did as he said, I pulled on the tigger and watched as the bullet drove itself directly into the middle of the target. My mouth fell open slightly as I let out a small squeal, turning around and wrapping my arms around Bellamy, "Did you see that!"

His strong arms wrapped around me as he let out a laugh, "I saw it, looks like I have some competition."

It was when he spoke that I realized what I was doing...I was hugging Bellamy Blake? I had no idea what drove me to do it, more importantly I had no idea why I wasn't letting go.

"Bellamy, Avery!" At the sound of Octavia's calling, the two of us broke apart so quickly I swear we ended up on opposite sides of the forest.

Octavia made her way through the trees, as she approached us she let out a huff. If she had noted how close Bellamy and I were just moments ago she thankfully chose to ignore it, "I need to talk to you two." she announced, her eyes moving between the two of us.

Bellamy and I shared a look, my face was still burning with embarrassment as Bellamy spoke, "What's going on?"

Octavia turned to look into the forest for a moment, "I went to see Lincoln and he's not happy with our decision to blow up the bridge."

I had finally calmed myself down enough to speak without my voice cracking, "Well obviously he's not happy, he is a Grounder after all."

Bellamy let out a small laugh as Octavia shook her head, "No, he was talking about some Mountain Men, he said they would come for us all."

"Mountain Men?" Bellamy echoed.

Octavia nodded, biting down on her lip, "He said they'll be furious and that we should get out of here."

Bellamy shook his head in disbelief, "Get out of here? Where are we going to go Octavia? He's just saying that to get us out of the safety of our walls, it's a trap."

"No," Octavia argued, "Lincoln wouldn't do that. If he's worried about these Mountain Men then maybe we should be too."

I let the information Octavia had given us roll over in my mind, I was starting to believe that whoever these other people were, they might actually be a threat to us, "Maybe Octavia's right, Bellamy. We need to be prepared for anything."

Bellamy turned to look at me for a brief moment, seemingly not wanting to meet my eyes for too long, "We already have enough to deal with with the Grounders, there's no need to start worrying over a non-existent threat, end of discussion." he shut mine and Octavia's worries down, not saying another word before turning and stalking off back to camp.

Octavia and I stared at each other once we were alone, neither one of us saying a word until she cracked a small grin, clearly moving past Bellamy's dismissal. "So, do you want to tell me why you were just hugging my brother?"

I felt my face flush as my eyes grew wide, "You saw that?"

Octavia laughed, "Yeah, I saw it Avs. I must admit, I've never seen Bell hug anyone but me and my mom."

My cheeks were burning as I tugged at my fingers, "I was just excited about hitting the target and- I don't know, I wasn't thinking."

Octavia smirked as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder as she steered us back towards camp, "Okay Avs, whatever you say."

-an-

okay this chapter is so cheesy and Im sorry for that but I kinda felt that we needed a cute flirty moment between avery and bellamy

let me know if you liked this chapter! :)

-maddy xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 5.7K 144
[Book One] Twin siblings. Two kids. Brother and sister. Joanna, or Jo for short, Murphy is the twin sister of none other than John Murphy. She was a...
6K 269 38
"and in the end she realized no matter how much history they shared, there was never going to be a future." A nuclear apocalypse sends what's left of...
6.9K 215 28
Katherine Kane has always considered herself to be fierce and loyal -a fighter and protector of her people. That is until she was sent down to Earth...
Tugsten By Kate

Fanfiction

131K 3.3K 42
They have spent their entire lives living on the Arc, avoiding the radioactively soaked Earth for almost 100 years. As oxygen is running out the Chan...