Cursed|| Harry Potter [1]

By NutellaEmpress

Lyra Malfoy is Draco's Twin Sister. It tradition for The Malfoys to go in Slytherin. What will happen if she... More

Prologue
New Books and Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
New Book
Chapter 10
Title Change
Chapter 12
Cover
New Book
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
New Username
New Book
New Book
New Book
New Book + Sequeal coming out soon
Sequel is out!
New Book
Cover Shop
Trailer Out!
New Book
Wattpad Instagram
Love Interest Second Poll

Chapter 11

3.2K 70 23
By NutellaEmpress

Quirrell, however, must have been braver than they'd thought. In the weeks that followed he did seem to be getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.     

Every time they passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Ron, Lyra and Hermione would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was
still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe.

Whenever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, Lyra gave him encouraging words of comfort saying that he was braver then he believed himself to be and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

Hermione, however, had more on her mind than the Stone. She had started drawing up study schedules and colour-coding all her notes.

Harry, Lyra and Ron wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging them to do the same.

"Hermione, the exams are ages away," Lyra whined.

"Ten weeks. That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel." Hermione snapped.

"But we're not six hundred years old. Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it." Ron told her.

"What am I studying for? Are you crazy? Do you realize we need to pass
these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me." Hermione scolded herself.

"You're becoming relaxed because of us. You're welcome." Lyra smiled.
______________________________________

Unfortunately, the teachers seemed to be thinking along the same lines as Hermione. They piled so much homework on them that the Easter
holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. It especially uncomfortable for Lyra when Hermione was reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood.

The foursome spent most of their free time in the library trying to get through all their extra work.

"I'll never remember this, " Ron burst out one afternoon, throwing down his quill and looking longingly out of the library window. It was the first really fine day they'd had in months. The sky was a clear, forget-me-not blue, and there was a feeling in the air of summer coming.

The rest of the three didn't pay that much attention to him until they heard Ron say,

"Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?"

They looked up. Hagrid shuffled into view, hiding something behind his back. He looked very out of place in his moleskin overcoat.

"Jus' lookin', " he said, in a shifty voice that got their interest at once.

"An' what're you lot up ter? Yer not still lookin' fer Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?"  He looked suddenly suspicious

"Oh, we found out who he is ages ago," said Ron impressively.

Lyra facepalmed

Nobody knows how to keep their mouth shut... She thought.

"And we know what that dog's guarding, it's a Philosopher's St -" Ron began.

"Shhhh!" Hagrid looked around quickly to see if anyone was listening.

"Don' go shoutin' about it, what's the matter with yeh?" He said in a whisper tone.

"There are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact, about what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy -" Harry told him

"SHHHH!"  Said Hagrid again.

"Listen come an' see me later, I'm not promisin' I'll tell yeh anythin', mind, but don' go rabbitin' about it in here, students aren' s'pposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh-"  Hagrid was paranoid.

"See you later, then."  Harry cut him off.

Hagrid shuffled off.

"What was he hiding behind his back?" Hermione asked.

"Do you think it had anything to do with the Stone?" Lyra asked.

"I'm going to see what section he was in, "  said Ron, who'd had enough of working.

He came back a minute later with a pile of books in his arms

and slammed them down on the table.

Lyra's eyes widened when she saw the covers.

"Dragons! Hagrid was looking up stuff about dragons!" Ron whisper shouted.

"Dra-dragons..." Lyra stuttered.

"Look at these: Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland; From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide."  Ron showed them the books.

Lyra gulped.

What if they read these books and find out about me... She thought.

"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon, he told me so the first time I ever met him," said Harry.

"But it's against our laws. Dragon breeding was outlawed by the Warlocks' Convention of 1709, everyone knows that. It's hard to stop Muggles from noticing us if we're keeping dragons in the back garden anyway, you can't tame dragons, it's dangerous. You should see the burns Charlie's got off wild ones in Romania." Ron told them.

They're gonna be scared of me and stop being my friends...Lyra thought.

"But there aren't wild dragons in Britain?" Harry asked.

"Of course there are: Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks. The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up, I can tell you. Our kind have to keep putting spells on Muggles who've spotted them, to make them forget." Ron informed.

"So what on earth Hagrid up to?"  Hermione asked.

"I-I think we sh-should-shouldn't be in-involved in this. Its Hag-Hagrid's bus-business..." Lyra stuttered.

"Lyra are you ok? You look pale."  Hermione told her worried.

"I-I'm fine..."  Lyra took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Hermione, Harry and Ron looked at her concerned.

Lyra had to calm herself down. If she didn't her powers would take over and not even her necklace could help her.

Lyra suddenly opened her eyes and they began to glow. She felt the sudden urge to transform there and then...but she couldn't.

"I have to go,"  with that, she ran out of the library.

"Lyra!" Her friends shouted.

"Shhh!" Hushed Madam Prince.

"What do you think is wrong with her? Do you think she's afraid of dragons?" Hermione asked confused.

"She has every right to be."  Ron pointed out.

"I don't know but am I the only one who saw her eyes glow?" Harry asked.

They all went after her. Unfortunately she was no where to be seen.
______________________________________

Lyra was trying to calm herself by taking deep breaths. She went to the hospital wing and when Madam Pomfrey saw her glowing eyes she knew exactly what to do.

"Drink this." Madam Pomfrey instructed giving her a special drink.

After Lyra drank it she calmed down and her eyes stopped glowing.

"Thank you." Lyra smiled at her.

"Sweetheart, if I may give a suggestion?" Madam Pomfrey asked for permission.

"What is it Madam Pomfrey?" Lyra asked.

"You need to talk to Dumbledore, I know you don't want any special treatment. But I looked into your curse. If you don't transform at least once a month the dragon will cause problems." Madam Pomfrey told her.

Lyra knew she was right, good thing no besides them were in the hospital wing.
______________________________________

Lyra asked Professor McGonagall if she could have a meeting with Professor Dumbledore.

"Professor Dumbledore is a very busy man Ms. Malfoy."  Professor McGonagall told her.

"Please? It's important and urgent."  Lyra told her.
______________________________________

Lyra was currently sitting across from Dumbledore in his office.

"Why did you wish to see me Ms. Malfoy?"  Dumbledore asked.

"Professor, I know I said I don't want any special treatment because of my abilities...but as of recently, I've discovered that if I don't transform at least once a month the dragon inside me will keep getting angrier...I can't tame her anymore sir." Lyra said in a weak scratchy voice.

"I understand. Do not worry. I know what needs to be done. Do you wish to transform tonight?" Professor Dumbledore asked.

Lyra nodded.
______________________________________

Lyra came to the common room where her friends were waiting for her.

"Lyra!"  Her friends went to her.

"Hey, guys." She smiled.

"Are you ok? You just ran off." Harry looked concerned.

So did Ron and Hermione.

"I'm fine. I'm just not the biggest fan of dragons." Lyra told them.

They nodded understanding.

"So, we're going to Hagrid's at night want to come?" Ron asked.

"After curfew? Hermione are you on board with this?" Lyra asked shocked.

"We have to ask him about the stone it's important. Even if that means breaking the rules." Hermione told her.

"I'm really tried. Can you go without me?" Lyra fake yawned.

"You sure?" Ron looked at her weirdly.

"Yeah."

Now they were really concerned. Lyra never turned down an adventure.
______________________________________

The three had taken the invisibility cloak with them.

"Ok, what's wrong with Lyra. She never turns down adventures. In fact, she encourages them." Ron told them in a whisper tone.

Harry nodded agreeing.

"I think she's still a little scared of Hagrid might be getting a dragon,"  Hermione told them.

The boys nodded understanding.

"I hope she feels better in the morning," Harry said.

They had reached Hagrid's Hut.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

When Lyra was certain her friends had left and her other dorm mates were asleep she left the common room and went to the hospital wing, luckily no prefect saw her. The teachers knew of her condition but she didn't want any student to know, even prefects.
______________________________________

In Hagrid's Hut

While Hagrid was happy about his dragon egg he suddenly said: 

"Lyra is g'nna love him as well."

The three children looked at each other.

"Why would Lyra love a Norweigan Ridgeback? She's scared of dragons."  Harry was confused.

Hagrid's eyes widened.

"I should'nt have said that."  He mumbled.

Lyra is hiding something.... Harry thought.
______________________________________

Harry, Ron and Hermione left Hagrid's Hut and since it was so dark they got lost and ended up in the Forbidden Forest.

They suddenly heard a voice.

"Thank you Madam Pomfrey." 

They turned around and saw Lyra and Madam Pomfrey walking into the woods.

"No need to thank me, dear. Just remember to take care of yourself. How will you return?"  Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Once I am done. I'm allowed to return into my human form for an hour. I will put on this necklace to remain in my human form." Lyra informed.

Human form?...

Harry, Ron and Hermione shared a confused glance after having the same thought.

"Alright dear. I will escort you to your common room myself, " with that Madam Pomfrey left.

The next thing that happened was shocking.

Lyra took off her necklace and her eyes start glowing green much like they did in the library. But other than that. Wings came out of Lyra's back and she let out a screech. She exhaled fire and within a blink of an eye, a purple dragon was in her place.

The dragon started flying and went deep into the forbidden forest.

The three watching under the invisibility cloak were petrified with fear.

Another screech was heard.

To Lyra, that screech was a joyful scream that signified freedom.

To the three scared it was a blood thirsty screech of a vicious fire-breathing dragon.
_____________________________________

They all ran back to the common room all stood in silence.

"Lyra is a dragon. A fire breathing dragon!" Ron exclaimed.

"Shhhh" Harry and Hermione shushed him.

"You need to calm down." Hermione scolded.

"Calm down? Calm down? Our best friend is a dragon."  Ron whisper yelled.

"She would never hurt us. Lyra has been there for each of us. Harry, she was the first friend you ever made on the Hogwarts Express, Ronald she has defended your family against a number of Slytherins, she was my friend when no one else was and because of her, I'm friends with you two. Its time for us to be there for her now and accept her for who she is."  Hermione lectured the boys.

They knew she was right and nodded understanding.

"But how can Lyra be half witch and half dragon?" Harry asked.

"I will look into that. But after we find out we still won't confront her. We let her come to us."  Hermione told them.
______________________________________

The next evening. The foursome were in the library and Lyra left to go to the bathroom.

"Ok, listen."  Hermione grabbed their attention when she pulled out a book: 'Unique Torturous Curses.'

"Why do you have a torturous curse book?" Ron asked looking at her fearfully.

"Because Lyra is cursed." Hermione said bluntly.
______________________________________

"What do you mean Lyra is cursed?"  Harry asked.

"Its called the dragon curse."  Hermione opened up the respect page.

"Dragon curse?" Harry and Ron questioned in unions.

Hermione nodded.

"This says that the necklace she wears allows her to stay human for a long period of time. And that its a curse cast upon the evilest of beings, a form of karma."  Hermione informed.

"Lyra is not evil."  Harry defended.

"If she was evil she'd been in Slytherin like her family." Ron defended.

"Exactly, her family." Hermione pointed out.

"What are trying to say? That Lyra was cursed because of the family she born in?"  Harry asked.

"The Malfoys were death-eaters." Ron pointed out.

"Death-eaters?" Harry questioned.

"Supporters of You-Know-Who,"  Ron explained.

At that moment Harry felt extremely guilty for being frightened of Lyra at first. She wasn't a vicious dragon. She was a victim, a victim of a terrible terrible curse.

Lyra came back and was coming to her friends.

"We can't let her know we know. We need to let her come to us." Hermione whispered and quickly hid the book in her bag.

"Shhh." Madame Prince shushed them.
______________________________________

Evening after evening Lyra still didn't open up to her friends about the curse. Even Hermione started getting impatient.

One day when they were all in the library studying when Hermione said:

"You know Lyra, you can tell us anything. We're you're friends after all, right?" Hermione asked.

Lyra looked at her weirdly.

"You three are my best friends. Of course, I know you're there for me." Lyra chuckled and went back to work.

Ron was getting tired of hiding the secret.

"We know you're cursed." He blurted out.

Harry glared at Ron for not keeping quiet

"Ronald." Hermione scolded.

Lyra's face paled. She could practically hear all the terrible things kids and adults use call her.

Monster...
Abnormal...
Beast...
She's going to eat us...
Dangerous...
She has no future...
Vicious...

"Wh-what?"  Lyra went pale.

"We know you're cursed," Ron repeated.

"Cursed?' Ha...ha...ha...Do you three hear yourselves..."  Lyra began to nervously fake laugh but it began to fade away when she realized there was no use denying the truth.

"How did you find out."  Lyra sighed.

"We heard your voice when we came out of Hagrid's Hut and followed you,"  Hermione told the truth.

"You three followed me into the forbidden forest! Have you three gone absolutely mental! Something could have hurt you...like...like...me...I could have hurt you!" Lyra whisper yelled.

"Lyra-"  Harry began.

"Well now, what are you all waiting for. Go, run. I'm used to people leaving once they find out the truth about me."  Lyra sighed.

"Lyra-" Harry began again.

"I've heard it all. Monster, abnormal, beast, dangerous, vicious etc. So please save me the insults and leave." Lyra snapped.

"Lyra-"  Harry held her face and made her look at him.

"We're still your friends,"  Harry told her.

"Really?" Lyra questioned confused.

All three nodded as Harry slowly released his hands from Lyra's face.

"Even after everything, you found out?" Lyra questioned confused.

They nodded.

No one has ever so openly accepted her for who she is.

"Wow, I don't know what to say. Thank you. Harry, Ron and Hermione." Lyra smiled.

"Wow, first names that's new."  Hermione smiled.

Lyra just shrugged smiling.

"Just one question: How did it happen?" Ron asked.

Lyra sighed gettig ready to tell the story.
______________________________________.

"Ron, you probably know that my family were a bunch of.-" Lyra began.

"Death-eaters?" Ron questioned.

Lyra nodded.

"My father did terrible things during the first Wizarding War. One being that he killed almost an entire family." Lyra informed.

Hermione gasped.

"But one person survived. He died the next day. Everybody said it was dragon pox. But I'm willing to bet all the Malfoy fortune that it was because of a broken heart. He used his last dying to place a curse on the first born child of Lucius Malfoy." Lyra explained.

"You." Harry breathed.

Lyra nodded.

"I think he was hoping that my father would suffer when seeing me in pain. Little did he know that Lucius only cares about three things: himself, his wealth and the family reputation."  Lyra sighed.

"That's terrible. You shouldn't have to pay for your father's mistakes."  Hermione said as a tear slipped her eye.

"Why are you crying?" Lyra chuckled as she wiped off Hermione's tear.

The boys chuckled as well.

"A part of me think I probably deserve because if I wasn't a dragon I wouldn't be the person I am today. I would have been just like him." Lyra admitted.

"Don't say that. You're nothing like him. You're different." Harry assured her.

They smiled at each other.
______________________________________

One breakfast time, Hedwig brought Harry another note from Hagrid.

"Who's it from?" Lyra asked.

"Hagrid, he says its hatching,"  Harry told the group.

"Bloody Hell." Ron sighed.

"What's hatching?" Lyra asked.

Harry looked around and then leaned in towards Lyra.

"Hagrid has a dragon egg in his hut,"  Harry whispered.

"What?!" Lyra yelled in shock.

"Shhhh." Her friends shushed her.

"That's amazing," Lyra whispered.

Her friends chuckled,  she was back to her adventurous self.
______________________________________

The foursome was walking in the hall.

"Let's skip Herbology and go to Hagrid," Ron suggested.

"We are not going to skip Herbology."  Hermione scolded.

"Hermione, how many times in our lives are we going to see a dragon hatching?" Ron asked.

"We've got lessons, we'll get into trouble, and that's nothing to what Hagrid's going to be in when someone finds out what he's doing-" Hermione began.

"Shut up!" Harry whispered and pointed to a distance.

Draco was only a few feet away and he had stopped dead to listen.

"How much has he heard?" Ron whispered.

"I'll find out." Lyra began to walk towards her brother.

"Lyra-"  The boys tried to stop her.

"Let her go,"  Hermione told them.

Lyra and Draco now stood in front of each other.

"Why are listening to our conversation?" Lyra asked.

"Did you tell them?" Draco asked worriedly.

"Tell them what?" Lyra asked in return even though she knew what he was talking about.

"Do they know your secret?" Draco asked sternly.

"Yes." Lyra didn't hesitate.

"Are you insane!" Draco yelled.

Everybody in the hallway was now looking at them.

"What if they tell people. Their kind cannot be trusted." Draco whispered.

"Their kind?" Lyra questioned.

"You know what I mean." Draco rolled his eyes.

"They are my friends. They are willing to keep my secret and accept me without any form of blackmail. Unlike some people." Lyra glared at him.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Draco looked offended.

"You know what I mean." Lyea mocked him and went back to her friends.

"What was that about?" Harry asked.

"He was just worried you all know my secret. I'm guessing he heard the word 'dragon.' " Lyra told him.

"He knows?" Ron asked.

"He's her twin. Of course, he knows Ronald."  Hermione scoffed.

"And the majority of the Slytherins in our year know," Lyra added.

"What?!" Her friends yelled.

"I grew up with them. They were bound to find out."  Lyra told them.

"Aren't you scared they're gonna tell everybody?" Ron asked.

"They won't do that." Lyra shook her head.

"How can you be so sure?" Harry asked concerned for her.

"Because of Draco. He might be mean to us collectively but deep down there is a part of him that still cares about me and the Malfoy name is worshipped, especially in Slytherin house. Draco is considered royalty there. And when the Slytherin Price wants something hidden. It stays hidden." Lyra explained.
______________________________________

It was decided that they will go see Hagrid during morning break. When the bell sounded from the castle at the end of their lesson, the four of them dropped their trowels at once and hurried through the grounds to the edge of the forest. Hagrid greeted them looking flushed and excited.

"It's nearly out." He ushered them inside.

"Lyra you sure you w'anna be ere?"  Hagrid asked.

"Its ok Hagrid we know," Harry told him.

Hagrid raised an eyebrow at Lyra, who nodded and smiled.

"Al'righty then." Harris nodded.

They turned their attention to the egg was lying on the table. There were deep cracks in it. Something was moving inside; a funny clicking noise was coming from it. They all drew their chairs up to the table and watched with bated breath.

All at once there was a scraping noise and the egg split open. The baby dragon flopped onto the table. It was Lyra's first time being in the presence of other another dragon and she loved it.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid murmured.

"He is.' " Lyra smiled.

The other three looked at them like they were crazy.

Hagrid reached out a hand to stroke
the dragon's head. It snapped at his fingers, showing pointed fangs.

"Bless him, look, he knows his mummy!" Hagrid exclaimed.

"Hagrid, how fast do Norwegian Ridgebacks grow, exactly?" Hermione asked. 

Hagrid was about to answer when the colour suddenly drained from his face. He leapt to his feet and ran to the window.

"What's the matter?" Lyra asked.

"Someone was lookin' through the gap in the curtains. It's a kid. He's runnin' back up ter the school." Hagrid informed worried.

Harry bolted to the door and looked out.

"It was Malfoy," Harry said after a moment.

All of their eyes widened.
______________________________________

Something about the smile lurking on Malfoy's face during the next week
made Harry, Ron,  and Hermione very nervous. Lyra just felt stupid that he actually cared about if her friends knew her secret.

Clearly he was using fake concern so I  wouldn't know that he was following  us to get some dirt... Lyra thought.
______________________________________

They spent most of their free time in Hagrid's darkened hut.

"Just let him go. Set him free."  Harry told him.

"I can't, he's too little. He'd die."  Hagrid told him.

They looked at the dragon. It had grown three times in length in just a
week. Smoke kept furling out of its nostrils.

Even Lyra saw that this wasn't good for Hagrid since he hadn't been doing his gamekeeping duties because the dragon was keeping him so busy.

There were empty brandy bottles and chicken feathers all over the floor.

"I've decided to call him Norbert, "  said Hagrid, looking at the dragon with misty eyes.

"He really knows me now, watch. Norbert! Norbert! Where's Mummy?"  Hagrid asked with happy eyes.

"Shouldn't you be daddy? I mean you are a male." Lyra pointed out.

"Hagrid, give it two weeks and Norbert's going to be as long as your house. Malfoy could go to Dumbledore at any moment." Harry told Hagrid.

Hagrid bit his lip.

"I-I know I can't keep him forever, but I can't jus' dump him, I can't." Hagrid but his bottom lip.

Harry suddenly turned to Ron.

"Charlie." He said.

"You're losing it, too, I'm Ron, remember?" Ron told him.

"No, Charlie, your brother, Charlie. In Romania. Studying dragons. We could send Norbert to him. Charlie can take care of him and then put him back in the wild!" Harry explained.

"Brilliant! How about it, Hagrid?"  Ron asked.

And in the end, Hagrid agreed that they could send an owl to Charlie to
ask him.
______________________________________

The following week dragged by. Wednesday night found  Lyra, Hermione and Harry sitting alone in the common room, long after everyone else had gone to bed.

The clock on the wall had just chimed midnight when the portrait hole burst open. Ron appeared out of nowhere as he pulled off Harry's invisibility cloak. He had been down at Hagrid's hut, helping him feed Norbert, who was now eating dead rats by the crate. Ron wanted Lyra to come with him since he thought he had more experience. But then Lyra had to remind him that just because she was half dragon doesn't mean she knew how to feed an actual one.

"It bit me! I'm not going to be able to hold a quill for a week. I tell you. Hagrid goes on about it, you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me he told me off for frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a lullaby."  Ron was showing his hand which was wrapped up in a bloody handkerchief.

Lyra eyes widened.

"Ron, you need to go to Hospital Wing. This could get worse." Lyra warned.

"She's going to wonder what I'm doing out of bed plus if she recognizes this bite as a dragon one we're all on trouble," Ron told her.

There was a tap on the dark window.

"It's Hedwig! She'll have Charlie's answer!" Harry hurried to let her in.

The four of them put their heads together to read the note.

Dear Ron,

How are you? Thanks for the letter. I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here. I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week. Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon. Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark. Send me an answer as soon as possible.

Love, Charlie

They looked at one another.

"We've got the invisibility cloak. It shouldn't be too difficult. I think the cloaks big enough to cover three of us and Norbert." Harry told them.

It was a mark of how bad the last week had been that they agreed. Anything to get rid of Norbert and get Draco off their backs. There was a hitch.
______________________________________

By the next morning, Ron's bitten hand had swollen to twice its usual size.

"I told you to go to the hospital wing."  Lyra scolded.

"She'll recognize the bite," Ron explained.

"I'll take the blame lets go." Lyra got up.
______________________________________

"What happened to your finger?" Madam Pomfrey asked with concern.

Lyra brought out the fake tears.

'I'm so-sorry Madam Pomfrey. I gu-guess since that night I need to get used to the neck-necklace again. Pl-please don't tell the pro-professors. I might get expelled. Can-can you just he-help my fri-friend." Lyra said with fake tears.

Madam Pomfrey pretty much guessed what happened.

Ron was in shock of how much of a good actress Lyra was.

"Oh of course dear, please don't cry. Lay down Mr. Weasley."  Madam Pomfrey instructed.

After he was in one of the hospital bed Madam Pomfrey turned to Lyra.

"Are you sure you want to talk about this in front of him?" Madam Pomfrey asked Lyra, hinting about her secret.

"It's ok. He knows and he forgave me. Right, Ron?"  Lyra asked as she and Madam Pomfrey turned to him.

"Uh...yeah." Ron nodded still in shock.

"Okay, dear you should leave. He needs rest. I'll give him something for that bite. You can come to visit him later." Madam Pomfrey told her and went to a solution for Ron.

When Madam Pomfrey wasn't looking Lyra wiped her fake tears, winked at Ron and left.

Acting often was useful for Lyra. Especially at home when she had to fake laugh when people made rude comments about Muggle-borns and blood traitors or had to show respect to elder pureblood wizards and witches. Lyra did all of that in order to fit into the lifestyle she was born in and to not be an outcast. It wasn't until she met her fellow Gryffindor friends that she realized she wasn't meant for that life.
______________________________________

Lyra, Harry and Hermione rushed up to the hospital wing at the end of the day to find Ron in a terrible state in bed.

"It's not just my hand, although that feels like it's about to fall off. Malfoy told Madam Pomfrey he wanted to borrow one of my books so he could come and have a good laugh at me. He kept threatening to tell her what really bit me. I shouldn't have hit him at the Quidditch match, that's why he's doing this." Ron whispered worriedly.

Lyra scoffed annoyed at her brother.

Harry and Hermione tried to calm Ron down.

"It'll all be over at midnight on Saturday, " said Hermione

But this didn't sooth Ron at all. On the contrary, he sat bolt upright and broke into a sweat.

"Midnight on Saturday! Oh no, oh no. I've just remembered. Charlie's letter was in that book Malfoy took, he's going to know we're getting rid of Norbert."  Ron said in a hoarse voice.

Lyra, Harry and Hermione didn't get a chance to answer. Madam Pomfrey came over at that moment and made them leave, saying Ron needed sleep.
_____________________________________

The three were walking to Hagrid's when Harry told the girls:

"It's too late to change the plan now. We haven't got time to send Charlie another owl, and this could be our only chance to get rid of Norbert. We'll have to risk it. And we have got the invisibility cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that."

They found Fang, the boarhound, sitting outside with a bandaged tail
when they went to tell Hagrid, who opened a window to talk to them.

"I won't let you in, Norbert's at a tricky stage. Nothin', I can't handle." He puffed.

When they told him about Charlie's letter, his eyes filled with tears, although that might have been because Norbert had just bitten him on the leg.

"Aargh! It's all right, he only got my boot. Jus' playin'. He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid cried.

The 'baby' banged its tail on the wall, making the windows rattle.

"A baby that needs to be taken care of properly," Lyra told Hagrid.

Lyra, Harry and Hermione walked back to the castle. Even though there was so much to do Lyra felt sorry for Hagrid.
______________________________________

It was a very dark, cloudy night, and they were a bit late arriving at Hagrid's hut because they'd had to wait for Peeves to get out of their way in the entrance hall, where he'd been playing tennis against the wall. Hagrid had Norbert packed and ready in a large crate.

"He's got lots o' rats an' some brandy fer the journey, An' I've packed his teddy bear in case he gets lonely," Hagrid said in a muffled voice.

From inside the crate came ripping noises.

"Rest in peace teddy," Lyra mumbled. 

"Bye-bye, Norbert!" Hagrid sobbed, as Lyra, Harry and Hermione covered the crate with the invisibility cloak and stepped underneath it themselves.

"Mummy will never forget you!"
______________________________________

How they managed to get the crate back up to the castle, they never knew. Midnight ticked nearer as they heaved Norbert up the marble staircase in the entrance hall and along the dark corridors.  Up another staircase, then another. Even one of Harry's shortcuts didn't make the work much easier.

"Nearly there!" Harry panted as they reached the corridor beneath the tallest tower.

Then a sudden movement ahead of them made them almost drop the crate. Forgetting that they were already invisible, they shrank into the shadows, staring at the dark outlines of two people grappling with each other ten feet away.

A lamp flared. Professor McGonagall, in a tartan bathrobe and a hair net, had Malfoy by the ear.

"Detention! And twenty points from Slytherin! Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you!" She shouted.

"You don't understand, Professor. Harry Potter's coming. He's got a dragon!" Draco tried to explain.

"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on! I shall see
Professor Snape about you, Malfoy!"  She dragged him away.

The steep spiral staircase up to the top of the tower seemed the easiest thing in the world after that. Not until they'd stepped out into the cold night air did they throw off the cloak, glad to be able to breathe properly again. Hermione did a sort of jig.

"Malfoy's got detention! I could sing!" She cheered. 

"Don't, " Lyra advised her.

Harry chuckled.  They waited, Norbert, thrashing about in his crate. About ten minutes later, four broomsticks came swooping down out of the darkness.

Charlie's friends were a cheery lot. They showed Lyra, Harry and Hermione the harness they'd rigged up, so they could suspend Norbert between them. They all helped buckle Norbert safely into it. Norbert looked trapped to Lyra and she didn't like it at all after all she was a dragon herself.

Harry and Hermione shook hands with the others and thanked them very much.

Soon Norbert was gone.

They slipped back down the spiral staircase, their hearts as light as their hands, everything went smoothly.

Nothing can go wrong now... Lyra thought.

That was until they saw Filch's face loomed suddenly out of the darkness.

"Well, well, well, we are in trouble." He whispered.

They'd left the invisibility cloak on top of the tower.

______________________________________
I'm back!

So now they know about Lyra secret ...that's why this chapter looked extra long to write

Sorry for any errors...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 60 19
Harry Potter's unknown twin Lyra Edwards begins her fifth year at Hogwarts. She learns about her relation to the Potters and as she uncovers more of...
5.1K 126 22
Many people believe no one can change, especially if they have the Dark Mark branded on their skin. Lyra Malfoy has never been a bad person, and was...
48.2K 1.7K 116
AU. OC: Graces Malfoy, Draco's twin sister. Neville, with his usual bad luck, ends up partners with Graces Malfoy for Herbology, just after landing h...
56.3K 1.7K 81
Lyra Malfoy had everything she ever wanted. Her parents doted on her, her twin brother was her best friend, and she wanted for nothing. Hogwarts was...