Spacechase 1: Rise of The Cho...

By Richurian

In the aftermath of the Battle of Washington DC, the governments of the earth had collapsed, making the earth... More

Prologue: The Beginning Of The Multiverse
Chapter One: New Earth
Chapter Three: Welcome To Spacechase
Chapter Four: Preparing For The Mission
Chapter Five: Battle Against The Cult
Chapter Six: Back To School
Chapter Seven: Mrs. Zar
Chapter Eight: Dinner Of Sacrifice
Chapter Nine: Mr. Shriek
Chapter Ten: The Library
Chapter Eleven: Grandma Zar
Chapter Twelve: The Richurian Theorem
Chapter Thirteen: Preparing For Gladiatorial Combat
Chapter Fourteen: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter Fifteen: Jack Vs Shawn Vs Waldo
Chapter Sixteen: The Battle Begins
Chapter Seventeen: Shawn Vs Moloch
Chapter Eighteen: Waldo Vs Waldo?!
Chapter Nineteen: The Space-chase For The Book
Chapter Twenty: Allied Forces Assemble!
Chapter Twenty One: The Realm Of The Abyss
Chapter Twenty Two: The Dark Prophecy
Chapter Twenty Three: Shawn's History
Chapter Twenty Four: Waldo's History
Chapter Twenty Five: The Chase Begins
Chapter Twenty Six: No Name
Chapter Twenty Seven: Death And Rebirth
Chapter Twenty Eight: Hybrid Theory
Chapt Twenty Nine: Preparing For Muspelheim
Chapter Thirty: Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire
Chapter Thirty One: Battle Of Muspelheim
Chapter Thirty Two: Chosen One Vs Surtr
Chapter Thirty Three: A Tad Too Late!
Chapter Thirty Four: There And Back Again

Chapter Two: The Quest Request

3 0 0
By Richurian

"What?! That badass ninja kid is our baby brother?!", said Shawn.

"Yes! You know what, I hereby dub Waldo's new alias to be...........Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived!", said Curly.

"Curly, that's plagiarism! That name has already been taken!", said Billy.

"I prefer to be called Godslayer Waldo!", said Waldo.

"You should've seen him out there! He totally kicked the Superior's butt, and liberated the Earth from the Blood Clan's reign of terror! Now we're home free! Finally, we can rebuild our lives after the Battle of Washington DC!", said Jack.

"Yeah, our nerdy brother just destroyed THE Blood Clan, the same terrorist group that Captain Mighty fought against during World War II! Whatever!", said Shawn.

"No, it's true! He somehow gained abnormal superhuman strength! And besides, it makes sense! According to the Superior, Waldo was the one who stopped Dark Cranky from dominating the world, and killed a god!", said Jack.

"Yeah, but he waits six months to stop the Blood Clan from dominating the world!", said Shawn.

"But he did it!", said Jack.

"The Angsty Teen is right! I did wait six months to stop the Blood Clan from dominating the world! For that, I am sorry. But listen, I have been through a lot, lately! Mostly, I have just been cleaning up the remnants of Dark Cranky's fallen kingdom. However, there's more to the story than that! Listen guys, I need your help!", said Waldo.

"Yeah, like I'll help the boy who pressured me to walk across a frozen lake!", said Shawn.

"Hey, you should cross a frozen lake again! I can make one out of thin air if you would like! It might just actually cool off your hot head!", said Waldo.

"Very funny!", said Shawn.

"So what is it?", said Jack.

"Anyways, during my last battle against Deathshadow, my friend Firestar encountered a worshipper of Nousaurong known as Shadowking, a madman determined to revive Nousaurong, same god that the Superior and his men worshipped. Meanwhile, when I was fighting Dark Cranky, he told me that a year from now, the Earth will be destroyed. Strange things have been happening, even after the universe was freed from Deathshadow's tyranny. I feel a dark presence, like someone's been playing with us, watching us. I've had disturbing visions, and they all revolve around the same thing...........the Apocalypse! Not just the end of the world, but the end of the Multiverse! I have to find answers for all these troubling things! There's also another thing.......Jack, you are the Chosen One!", said Waldo.

"Oh yeah, that's what the Superior called me. He said I was destined to destroy some evil god that they worshipped, Nopobesong!", said Jack.

"Nousaurong!", corrected Billy.

"Indeed you are destined to destroy a god, an evil god who is destined to create Armageddon, the end of everything! You are the only thing standing in his way!", said Waldo.

"Like Dark Cranky, the god that you killed?", said Jack.

"Dark Cranky was a powerful god, but if Nousaurong were to return, he could destroy a powerful being like Dark Cranky in seconds! As a matter of fact, even my old nemesis, himself, was afraid of him! You see, Dark Cranky originally built his empire to slay Nousaurong when he returned, however the Dark Legion became corrupt and did a bunch of bad stuff, such as killing the President! Deathshadow's fear of Nousaurong was the thing that caused him to go berserk!", said Waldo.

"I have to face this guy?! I'M SCARED!!!!!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO GET THE WORST JOBS!!!!!!!!", whined Jack.

"So what if this guy ends the world, it won't make a difference! The Earth is pretty much done for already on account to the Locrithian Invasion! I ain't accepting your job request! You wanna fight another space god, do it yourself! After all, you ARE the Godslayer!", said Shawn.

"I didn't slay Deathshadow in seconds, I almost died trying to kill him!", said Waldo.

"I actually want this guy to end the world, I wanna die! These are the questions everyone asks: why do we live, why do we die? Life is pointless to begin with!", said Melissa.

"Fighting a god actually sounds fun! I ain't getting my sports team back anytime soon, so I'm in! I wanna beat this guy in a basketball tournament! Or a marching band competition! I wonder if he's part of the Blue Devils, he certainly is ugly like a devil!", said Josh.

"Yeah, Mr. Jock! He ain't gonna play against you on a basketball field! Or on a football field! Josh, this is gonna be on a battlefield!", said Shawn.

"Yeah, it most certainly will be! Listen, I know it sounds like the End is near! But we still have time on our hands! Maybe we don't have to kill Nousaurong! Perhaps we can prevent him from being revived! The Cult of Nousaurong are the ones determined to bring him back from the dead, so we just have to stop them before they revive him!", said Waldo.

"You heard what the Superior said, the Blood Clan was nearly a sub-cult, and those guys were tough!", said Shawn.

"Yeah, and Waldo defeated them on his own! That was epic!", said Jack.

"Yeah, but Shawn is right! This cult is a lot stronger than the Blood Clan, so I can't defeat them by myself, so that's why I need your help! The quest we're about to go on will require a lot of cooperation, risk, imagination, and a lot of courage! The odds will be stacked against us! I can't guarantee you that we'll make it back to Earth, and even if we do........you won't be the same!", said Waldo.

"Yeah, we'll gain superhero steroids and become OP, just like you! I wanna do this quest! I need to do something to lose weight! I'm fat, I wanna be skinny!", said Curly.

"Curly, you're not diabetic!", said Shawn.

"No, but I have been struggling in P.E. Class, you know, before the Locrithian Invasion!", said Curly.

"Listen, you all have endured a lot since the Battle of Washington DC, that's my fault! My archenemy wanted to strike fear into my heart, that's why he attacked our planet! But those guys that held you captive worshipped the same guy we're up against! Not to mention, when I came here to interrogate the Superior, he said that our parents, John and Jenna Zar, might be alive! They've been captured by the Cult of Nousaurong and who knows what they've done to them! If we do nothing, they could be dead! The fate of the Multiverse and our parents rest our shoulders!", said Waldo.

"Yeah, the Superior said something about that! If mom and dad are still alive, I'm in! Let's do this!", said Jack.

"Good! According to the Superior, mom and dad are held hostage in a parallel universe known as Spacechase, a universe that is known for being advanced in magic. Our universe is known for being advanced in science. Spacechase is also where we're going to take down the nerve center of the Cult of Nousaurong," said Waldo.

"So we're traveling to another universe?!", said Jack.

"Come onto my ship, all of you. Next stop, Spacechase," said Waldo.

Out of the sky came a big, awesome spaceship.

"This is the Zar Voyager, home of the Agent Kids!", said Waldo.

They got on the spaceship.

"THIS IS SO COOL!!!!! I'M IN AN ACTUAL SPACESHIP!!!!!!", screamed Jack.

"You've seen spaceships before, why are you surprised?!", said Shawn.

"Yeah, I was running away from those ships! I've never been IN one before!", cheered Jack.

"So how does this inter-dimensional travel work?", said Curly.

"During my last fight against Deathshadow, I retrieved a powerful stone known as the Astrogem, a Cosmic Gem that controls the fabric of space. So I transferred some of its energy into the ship's hyperdrive. Then I traveled to Spacechase and gave the Astrogem to the Oridians for safekeeping, couldn't risk having it fall into the wrong hands. So using the upgraded hyperdrive, the machine that enables me to travel faster than light, I can travel fifty million times faster than light! Although, a little warning, if you have motion sickness, it's gonna be Asmeth for you!", said Waldo.

"Asmeth?", said Jack.

"A very bad place, so bad that not even the wicked go there for punishment. That's where Nousaurong's prison is," said Waldo.

"Wait, if you have motion sickness?! I HAVE MOTION SICKNESS!!!!!", screamed Jack.

"Oh, even people without motion sickness get sick. Everything's about to get weird," said Waldo.

Waldo pulled a lever. The ship glowed with bright intensity. Then it flew really fast. Really really fast! Far faster than light could ever be! It was so fast that everyone started to distort. Everyone was screaming, all of their voices moving from high pitch to low pitch.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR FAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEE LLLLLLLLLOOOOOKS WEEEIRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRYYYYYYYYTHHHHING IIIIIIIISSSSS WEEEIRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!", Jack screamed in slow motion.

"YOU LOOK LIKE A SNAKE!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!", screamed Shawn, at high pitched chipmunk voice.

Jack's torso extended across the Zar Voyager, like a snake. Shawn was squeezed flat to his seat, and looked like a fat dwarf. Curly looked as skinny as a stick figure from a child's drawing! Traveling across dimensions is crazy!

Despite traveling really really really really fast, it seemed to take hours for the Zar Voyager to reach Spacechase. Every second, they were in some weird new exotic universe. One had was made out of hands. One was full of eyes. One was a kaleidoscope. Jack saw so many weird things.

"SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEE IIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS AAAAAAAAA MMMMMMMMUUUUULLLLLTIIIIIIVVVVEEEERSSSEEE!!!!!!", screamed Jack.

Talking backwards, Waldo screamed, "!!!!!!SI EREHT DEEDNI !!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA"

"I'M NOT FAT ANYMORE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!", screamed Curly, in a high pitched opera voice.

For what seemed like hours of super speedy weirdness, it actually took them a split second to reach Spacechase. This was it, no turning back now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 676 63
Book one in "The Reign of The Flame" series "If she became queen, she would be the end of us all." A disinherited princess and a kingdom on the verge...
7.8K 208 45
John Thomas is the typical thirty-something nobody. He spent most of his life growing up being the underdog. From his time in elementary to his high...
287K 26.2K 111
[#1 in Virtual Reality] Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, and conspiracy, c...
951 38 49
There's a thing called the Multiverse. It houses all of the universes all over the world. Each of these plays a part in building life and brings all...