The Host and System Matchmaki...

By YohoAruto

Who knew that by slipping on the stress ball that she left on the floor that Alex would end up dying due to e... More

Prologue
A Role Model to Live By: Arc 1.1
Arc 1.2
Arc 1.3
Arc 1.4
Arc 1.5
Arc 1.6
Arc 1.7
Arc 1.8
Arc 1.9
Arc 1.11
Arc 1.12

Arc 1.10

4K 265 138
By YohoAruto

Author's Note:

Surprise, surprise~ This chapter, to make up the two weeks that I haven't been updating, is about 10500 words long. ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚

I expect bows of gratefulness and exuberant praises being given to me. ( ̄^ ̄メ)\(_ _ ;)

Also, please know that your commentary, even if it's a sarcastic remark, is very much appreciated and loved. I might not always be able to comment back (because I'm usually busy making very long and exciting chapters for you all), but please speak your thoughts. The highlight of my day is usually when I see a comment being made in one of my chapters. (⌒▽⌒ゞ

Also, because of how long this chapter is, there are going to be grammar mistakes. Probably a lot of them. We weren't able to catch all of them despite how much we tried to be careful, so please go easy on us.

...--------...

Since Alex had taken her exams early, she had officially graduated from Da Guan. Therefore, after taking a picture with the Headmaster and some of her teachers for the school's hall of academic achievement, she was given her diploma the next day. Somehow she was able to convince her teachers and Headmaster Chen that it was more beneficial for her to take a gap year instead of going straight to college. She had told them how she wanted to take more time brushing up her social skills before stepping into the 'adult's world'. Usually, in between studying, homework, and classes, there is not much time for students in S Country to have a social life, which is detrimental for any social skills they might need to develop. So when Alex proposed doing volunteering work, backpacking in Europe, traveling to different countries-things like that, they agreed with her full-heartedly and praised her for her insight.

Of course, only Sisay knew she was bullshitting her teachers and the headmaster and that everything she had said is just an excuse so that she could live her days as lazy as possible until Bai Yang graduates from Da Guan himself. She can practically feel its disapproval whenever she ends up visiting Bai Yang's childhood home (to mooch off food, of course).

It has been a couple of weeks since then and in a couple more days, a nation-wide week-long holiday for schools in S Country to celebrate a religious holiday that Alex doesn't quite get will start. From what she has heard, it has something to do with the turning of spring and to promote vitality and goodwill and such. It's not a religion she's familiar with (though sixty percent of S Country's population worships it), but it means that she gets to have Bai Yang all to herself for 7 days and she's pretty excited for it.

Today is a Saturday and Bai Yang is out of classes by the afternoon. After picking him up from the gates of Da Guan, they make their way to his apartment like always and once they enter into the impressive condo, Alex dives onto her usual spot on the white sofa. Nowadays, she mostly lives in Bai Yang's apartment and would only be back at her place when it's nighttime or when her kid is attending classes in Da Guan. The clothes she had brought over during her test-crunching period are still sitting in the drawers of the master bedroom upstairs and Alex didn't bother taking them back. Half of the time, she would end up sleeping over anyway so there was no need in the first place.

Maybe she should just move in and become roommates with Bai Yang. The apartment is already fully paid and the only thing she would have to compensate for is food expenses. Bai Yang seems to want her to stay more often than not (and who can blame the kid? One person living in a big place like this is rather daunting) so she can probably bring it up soon. Later. Maybe after dinner. Yeah, dinner sounds like a good idea.

Just at that moment, Alex's stomach growls at the thought of dinner. She can hear Bai Yang laughing from behind her, and when she turns around, he has a fond smile on his face. Like any good housewife (【Bai Yang is not your wife, Alex.】'Shhhhhhh.'), the young man heads towards the kitchen to make some afternoon snacks in order to satisfy Alex's always-starving stomach. Alex, having nothing better to do, just leans her head back and looks at her kid with contemplative eyes.

'...Does Bai Yang really want to be a model?' Alex considers suddenly, scrunching her eyebrows together.

【Well, he seems to admire them a lot.】Sisay answers positively and Alex almost laughs at the understatement. In Bai Yang's room is a large number of male models on his walls, few openly gay while others are just plainly handsome. There is even a couple of poster of Wang Wei before he took over WMA, which Alex had to keep herself refrained from ripping them down to avoid the strange looks she would surely get from Bai Yang. How can she explain that the nature of her dislike towards Wang Wei is due to something that has yet to happen (and probably won't happen while she's here) and that this OP monster is actually his supposed fated one?

Yeah, no. That is not a conversation she will be having any time soon.

'He does,' Alex lightly admits while ripping Wang Wei's posters into pieces inside of her imagination. 'When did he originally sign in as a model?'

【I believe in a few months. Around mid-August.】

Ugh, isn't that a long time ahead? It's now mid-April and Alex is not the type to wait for fate to just come around and be convenient. Not that she really wants to make her Bai Yang into a model, but...

She stares at the young man a little more, Bai Yang completely comfortable even under her intense gaze as he puts together several sandwiches for Alex to eat. Gazing at the soft, but neutrally beautiful features of his face, his slim and skilled fingers, his gentle but striking silver-blueish eyes, his straight, handsome nose, and supple pink-petal lips, Alex suddenly feels conflicted.

Bai Yang is definitely beautiful enough to become a model, so beautiful that Alex can imagine all sorts of unsavory characters who would try and possess it for themselves. Not that she would let them without one or two broken bones and probably a cracked skull in the mix, but even if Bai Yang has the type of looks that people can't help but stare at, there still is the matter of his confidence.

While she's completely against Bai Yang's involvement with the modeling industry, it doesn't change the fact that it's something that Bai Yang wanted. Sometimes, she would find flyers and printouts about the schedules for WMA's or other agency's talent search requirements. Also, whenever she's borrowing his laptop or his phone, Bai Yang has also bookmarked pages of different modeling agencies, some directly leading to their applications as well.

It seems that her kid has been trying to gather up the courage to sign up for them for a while now and can she really be considered his best friend if she tries to destroy the last bit of his confidence by discouraging his dreams? For something that hasn't happened yet? Even if the ML is there watching over them like some kind of over-seeing god, Wang Wei originally had nothing to do with why Bai Yang wants to be a model. Really, if she hasn't read this world's synopsis and the mission packet, then she would have assumed they have nothing to do with each other.

Either way, Alex will make sure that Bai Yang won't be mistaken for a female this time and sign a female-modeling contract. Her kid is awkward enough without the added pressure of having to move and act like a woman. Only God knows how that child was able to trick everyone into believing that he was a woman in the first place, and much less how Bai Yang was able to keep up the act long enough to just get fired by Wang Wei only for his incompetent modeling...

Silently roasting Wang Wei under hell's fire, Alex sighs miserably, mournful in the fact that she can't just peacefully live her life without having to poke the hornet's nest that is the fashion industry. But while she has no substantial power, reputation, or ability, she does know a few things about looking confident and how to wear it on one's skin.

'I hate you.'

【What-What did I do?!】Sisay can't help but sputter, aware that the comment is not said seriously but baffled by it nonetheless.

'I don't want to get involved with the modeling industry, but the likelihood of meeting that overpowered God-like existence that is Wang Wei is slim in the first place. And I'm doing this for Bai Yang and his dreams! This has nothing to do with the mission!'

【Does that mean-?!】It's easy to hear how much Sisay has brightened up at Alex's reluctant surrender and if it had a body, it would have jumped up and down in glee.

'I'm not doing this for the mission!'

【I know, but it is beneficial for the mission nonetheless even if Host has no intention of helping Bai Yang and his intended get together!】

Alex can't find a way to refute that so she turns her attention back to Bai Yang instead. 'Okay, first thing's first. New clothes.'

【What's wrong with his old clothes?】Sisay questions in confusions while Alex just tsks at the System. Normally, she would say there is nothing wrong with the kid's casual clothes per say, but they're always baggy and tends to hide a lot of his jade skin and slim body. Generally, since they're made for comfort and not for going out, Alex can't complain but her Ah Yang needs clothes that would fit his beautiful appearance better. Which he doesn't have.

Godfather is overseas, no parents, no friends-for who or what in the world will he go out for? All the clothes in his closet so far reflect that.

'We need to go shopping,' which Alex hates as strongly as the burning sun, but that doesn't mean she doesn't know how to shop or what to shop for. She always has a good eye for detail (knowing the chemical formula and structure of thousands of chemical compounds and proteins will do that to a person) so she's not worried about it being a fruitless endeavor.

"Ah Yang," Alex calls out just as he is bringing a plate of finger sandwiches. The young man blinks in response while setting the plate in front of his best friend.

"Yes, Alex?" Bai Yang answers curiously with trusting eyes before blinking in surprise when Alex basically inhales the entire dish of sandwiches in one minute. Though he's used to his friend's voracious appetite, the speed at which she eats is not slow or reasonable. It's a wonder that she hasn't choked on anything yet.

After finishing off the snack, she heaves herself to her feet and pats her stomach. "We're going shopping."

Once again, Bai Yang blinks in surprise, not entirely sure what to think of the sudden change of plans to their afternoon. Then again, Alex has always been the impulsive type so he can't really be disturbed by the direction of their conversation.

"Right now?"

"Yep. Don't worry, I'll pay for everything." After she pays the rest of this month's rent to her landlady and cancels her contract, she'll still have a good amount of money left over since there is another year of rent still in her bank account.

Chang Hui had originally set aside money to live in that apartment for the rest of her high school years but now that she had graduated early and will be moving in with Bai Yang, her wallet is in good condition as long as she doesn't make too many big spending. Of course, this is all assuming that Bai Yang will let her sponge off of his goodwill (and amazing bathtub), but she'll cross the bridge when she'll get there.

"O-Okay?" Bai Yang looks definitely confused but follows her unquestionably nonetheless. Still wearing his school uniform, he puts on his shoes in the foyer along with Alex as she grabs her wallet at the same time, and then they exit the building while waving at the doorkeeper on the way out.

She pulls the kid into the nearest train station and takes the train that will advance them deeper into A city. Bai Yang still seems bewildered by her prompted actions but holds onto the back of her T-shirt as they pass a few familiar stations before stopping on Shimao station which is near the center of the city. Bai Yang keeps close to Alex, ducking his head and slouching near her back as she steps out of the car and onto the platform. Unsurprisingly, considering the number of businesses and shops on Shimao Avenue, which is just above the underground station, the station is busy with many people going about.

Easily, Alex weaves in and out and around the crowds like water flowing through rocks and soon, they find themselves onto the streets.

Shimao Avenue is bustling with activity as cars always passing by and dozens of people walking down the sidewalks holding onto shopping bags of clothes, shoes and other merchandise. There is a street nearby called Yifu which only allow pedestrians to walk through, and on that very street holds the most current and high-demanded fashion on trend. She had seen an article about this street while skimming through Bai Yang's bookmarked sites on his laptop and had unconsciously noted it as she was searching for the nearby ice-cream parlors she had previous bookmarked one afternoon.

As they walk down towards Yifu Street, Bai Yang still clueless on where they're going but interested in their location nonetheless, Alex can see the gradual increase of young masters and young ladies wearing expensive and branded items. Considering the reputation of this particular street, she's not surprised seeing all the gorgeously dressed women and men, but Bai Yang startles and pales slightly when he looks at some of them.

"... Alex, where are we going?" Bai Yang finally asks, his voice meek and soft.

"Yifu Street," Alex answers bluntly without a moment's hesitation, not giving too much thought about how Bai Yang stiffens at her response.

"B-But why?"

"To go shopping, of course."

"N-No, I mean, why Yifu Street?"

"Because they have all sorts of fashionable brands?" Alex pauses for a moment to look at Bai Yang, confused by his line of question.

Why else would they go to a luxurious part of the city unless they're here to buy trending and fashionable stuff? This kind of place surely wouldn't even be something that Alex would care about if it wasn't for the fact that Bai Yang needs an image change and some clothes to go along with it.

"Alex, I can't afford anything on Yifu!" Bai Yang says with no small amount of anxiety. Though he meant to keep his voice quiet, some nearby rich masters and ladies heard him and their condescending expressions towards them causes Bai Yang hunch into himself and hide further behind Alex in apprehension and shyness.

Alex momentarily shoots a dark look at those young masters and ladies causing them to scurry in fright, feeling as if a predator has locked in on them, before turning back to her timid and awkward friend. "I said I'll pay for it," Alex reminds him, ruffling the other's soft hair out of reassurance and smiling when the kid leans into her touch.

Though Bai Yang's inheritance and the life insurance from his parent's death is enough for someone to live and party for two lifetimes, he's still a minor and doesn't have any control over it. Every month or so, his Godfather has arranged a certain amount of money to be put into his account. Enough for him to go grocery shopping and probably to pay for school supplies like textbooks and notebooks, but not much else. If he wants to buy materialistic things or use the money for something else, he would have to call his Godfather for additional money.

Alex doesn't necessarily have that restraint because all the money is hers (or Chang Hui's to be more precise) and is earned through honest work. Chang Hui doesn't have a lot of wants or needs-food on the table and a roof over her head is good enough for the previous owner. She doesn't even have a cell phone or any electronic devices other than the old laptop, which is a hand-me-down from one of her older cousins. While secretly working part-time, she has saved and accumulated an impressive amount of money considering her age and situation.

She pays around 1000 yuan per month as her rent. Her cancellation fee is around two or three times as that (because their landlady likes to suck out their life's blood), but she has already signed the contract so there is not much she can do about it.

What would be left in Chang Hui's bank account, after paying the cancellation fee, is around 118,000 yuan (19,000 in US dollars). That should be enough for at least one outfit for Bai Yang.

"...You'll pay?" Bai Yang questions in astonishment before blushing in mortification at how surprised he sounds. He knows very well that Alex is a scholarship student and while that doesn't necessarily mean that she's poor, he has seen the state of her apartment (which is falling apart more often than not-in fact, the last time he visited her apartment, he would have fallen through a hole in the stairs if Alex hadn't saved him) and is aware of the fact that she's considered an emancipated adult and lives on her own. He doesn't want to sound skeptical but he can't help but be a little concerned since Alex doesn't like to pay unless she has to.

"I worked at a lot of part-time jobs," Alex admits with an amused smile, not at all offended by the other's surprise as she continues to pull Bai Yang towards Yifu Street.

As they enter into the area, even though some people can't help but do a double take at Alex's T-shirt and sweatpants ensemble, they mostly leave them alone due to Bai Yang's uniform. Many elitists and wealthy families are familiar with Da Guan's uniform, mostly because Da Guan Academy is some of the few private schools that many young masters and ladies apply and attend and Da Guan's educational expectations are so strict that they often single out only the most outstanding students in the country.

Going down the street, both Alex and Bai Yang pass by several stores and none that she finds satisfactory. Of course, the majority of the stores are tailored for women, which Alex just ignores most of the time, and some sell only accessories like purses and jewelry. There are also many stores that sell business wear, but what Alex is looking for Bai Yang is something simpler in design. A lot of the young men fashion stores she has seen so far is either too thematic or showy. Bai Yang doesn't have much of a presence because of his shyness so the clothes can't be too intimidating or overpowering to wear. Some require additional accessories in order to 'complete the look' and she's also trying to find more fashionably flexible clothes that can accommodate and compliment Bai Yang's temperament.

But despite almost reaching the end of Yifu, Alex still can't find what she's looking for. Really, this is the type of place where people would look for ways to show off their money in the first place so maybe trying to find simpler clothing is a long shot. Just as she was about to ask Bai Yang for his phone so that she can look up other shops and streets to go to, her eyes caught a small store in a hidden corner of the street.

The storefront is decorated plainly with the store's name both on the glass of its door and its window front. In some curly and cursive font, the words and characters Chuānzhuó zìyóu are printed in pearl white. She doesn't see any displays that will tell her what the store sells, but she can catch a glimpse of racks and shelves of clothes after peeking through the windows.

Intrigued, Alex walks towards the store with Bai Yang in tow right behind her. Without any hesitance or pondering, she enters through the front door and smiles slightly when Bai Yang startles slightly at the ringing bell from above, indicating their presence.

Looking around, she finds herself interested at some of the clothes she has seen so far just by entering into the store. From what she sees on the clothing racks and the shelves, there is not just one style available in the boutique and it looks like there might be a mix of different brands from one corner to the other. In the back, she can see many types of accessories like bags, shoes, and the likes displayed for sale.

A lot of the clothes here looks well-made and stylish but simpler and less eye-catching in design. Fortunately, everything seems to be what she is looking for but there is too much material for her to go through and Alex is not patient enough to have Bai Yang try every single piece of the clothing in the store.

As she moves further into the store with Bai Yang right behind her looking at everything in curiosity, she immediately spots the check-out counter, and the person managing it is a woman with short, bright blue hair wearing several piercings on both of her ears and a few on her nose and lips. It's quite different from the formal, neat, and flashy elitist she has been seeing that Alex can't help but pause momentarily before walking up to the punk-like woman.

Seeing Alex heading towards her, the blue-haired female beams brightly, giving off a welcoming attitude. She straightens up from her slumping position on the counter, showing off her bare arms and her shoulders that give them a little peek of a colorful tattoo printed on her back.

"Welcome to Chuānzhuó zìyóu! How can I help you today?"

"How well do you know the store?" Alex bluntly asks without bothering with niceties.

"I own it," the other answers easily, not bothered by her straightforward attitude. "Name's Song Xia."

"Alex," she responds simply. "And do you know every single merchandise inside the store?"

"Naturally. Why?"

"I need an image change." Promptly, Song Xia looks at Alex's t-shirt and sweatpants ensemble with an amused expression. Aware of what the other is thinking, Alex quickly intervenes and corrects the other's assumption, "No, not me. My friend here."

Stepping to the side, Alex gently pulls Bai Yang to her side, the side of her mouth twitching in amusement when she sees her kid's deer-in-headlights look. Obviously, he seems a little intimidated by Song Xia's excessive coloring and piercings.

Song Xia, on the other hand, was startled since she hadn't notice Bai Yang the entire time he was here. But considering how he was hiding behind Alex and had been keeping himself small ever since they had gone out, her alarm wasn't really surprising.

Nonetheless, since she has a target to focus on, Song Xia looks over at the young man carefully with an intense gaze. Categorizing all of his most important features in just a few seconds, she jumps over the counter, all pretense of formalities and politeness lost when she grins almost rather pervertedly at the wide-eyed boy.

"Ohhhh, aren't you a pretty one? It's going to be fun dressing you up~" She wiggles her eyebrows at Bai Yang, who instantly blushes a mortified red.

"Stop teasing my kid," Alex intrudes though her eyes are curved up in amusement. "I need casual wear, not lingerie."

"L-Lingerie?!" Bai Yang nearly chokes out, his blush now spreading down past his neck.

"Now there's an idea. I do have some in the back," Song Xia coos as she looks up and down at the young man as he jumps back right behind Alex to hide his embarrassment. The blue-haired woman laughs at the cute sight before turning towards Alex, who is obviously the one in charge of the whole operation. "Okay, what kind of image change do you want for your wife?"

Alex can hear Bai Yang sputtering behind her at the nickname, causing her to chuckle. "We're not together," she denies, mostly for Bai Yang's sake.

"Oh, how about tumbling in the sheets with me then, Alex~" Song Xian blatantly suggests while purring her name and Alex can practically hear the astonishment from both Bai Yang and Sisay, who has been discussing with Alex about different types of clothes and accessories for their kid to wear.

"You're bi?" Alex asks mostly out of curiosity, though she's not expecting a straight answer. (Get it? Straight?)

"Lesbian. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate a cutie when I see one." Song Xia leans slightly to the side in order to see Bai Yang's flustered face, waving at him cheekily before moving her attention back to Alex. "So how about it?"

"Demi-sexual boarding on asexual. Also not interested."

"Awww," Song Xia whines with a pout but quickly perks back up quickly, instantly zeroing in on her victim (Bai Yang). "So, image change?"

Alex thinks about it a little more, before settling with: "Soft and delicate. Nothing too complicated to wear or too over the top."

"The innocent-slash-angel type, huh?" Song Xia has this predatory grin, her hands making creepy groping motions as she steps closer to prey. Bai Yang, understandably, takes a step back and somehow hides further behind Alex.

"It's doable?" Alex questions, ignoring the antics as she basically thrusts Bai Yang right in front of her.

She would be lying if she said that she doesn't feel guilty seeing Bai Yang's betrayed expression, but she's pretty sure that the fashion industry has a lot of eccentric characters and the sooner he gets used to them, the better it will be for him in the long run.

"Of course! Let's go to the dressing room and I can pick out some clothes for, um..."

"Bai Yang." The said young man looks back at her with an expression that says 'why did you tell the crazy lady my name' but Alex pretends not to see it.

"-for Yang-Yang then!" Song Xia chirps as she already familiarizes herself with the pair before fluttering off towards the direction of the changing room.

Bai Yang stares at the bold, blue-haired female for a few seconds as she disappears around some racks before looking back at Alex with pleading eyes.

"Do we have to-"

"Yes," Alex frankly admits, amusement shining in her eyes as she drags the reluctant Bai Yang towards the direction where Song Xia has headed off to.

--------------

It didn't take long for Song Xia to find the perfect outfit for Bai Yang. She already had considered the best image for him once she had laid her eyes on him and Alex's request and description only helped more with the details.

At first, Alex thought Song Xia would have Bai Yang go through several different outfits before figuring out a specific style for the young man but she had traveled through the store once and took only one set of clothes and accessories.

Dropping all the stuff she has picked out into Bai Yang's arms, Song Xia ushers the young man into the nearest dressing room and surprisingly does not try to enter along with him. With instructions on how to wear each piece, Song Xia takes a step back and waits.

It takes about five to ten minutes before Bai Yang has everything Song Xia has given him on and when he comes out, his expression is awkward and his posture shy and tense as if expecting harsh critiques to be thrown into his face.

"Ah Yang, straighten up," Alex instructs gently, making sure not to spook her kid. "I can't get a good look at you when you're slumped like that." Though there is a pause of reluctance, Bai Yang does so and the difference between now and then is startling.

Song Xia has chosen for Bai Yang a simple and textured oatmeal-colored loose shirt with wide sleeves and the shirt length just slightly below his hips. The collar is open enough to show off the skin of his shoulders and allows a full view of his collarbones. His smooth forearms are displayed by the shortness of his sleeve, leading one's eyes to his soft and delicate hands curled up near his abdomen.

Despite the increased display of Bai Yang's beautiful and pale skin, he doesn't look immodest or particularly sensual. There is still an air of innocence and purity surrounding the young man, especially with his large, moist eyes and red-blushing cheeks paired with his silver-white hair framing his face.

It really does entice a person to want to corrupt him.

In comparison to his uniform's long slacks, the gray jeans he's wearing reveals his long slim legs, which will help emphasize his height, and on his feet are a pair of simple but stylish tan loafers.

Bai Yang doesn't really have any other accessories on him-necklaces, bracelets, and the likes will definitely be an irritating distraction or ignored in favor of appreciating his jade skin.

For a long time, Alex stares at Bai Yang intensely, her heart and nose itchy. Though Bai Yang is used to his friend's strong gazes, it doesn't make him feel any less shy and embarrassed. He can't help but look down with his ears slightly red and the action coupled with his new clothes make the image very moving.

Alex has to look away once she felt something warm coming out of her nose while Song Xia stares appreciatively at her work-well done, whistling as she circles the young man with suspiciously gleaming eyes.

"Honey, I don't mind going straight for you," Song Xia announces with a lecherous grin on her face. Bai Yang only blushes redder in response while Alex tries to control herself, clearing her throat.

"This is... This is good. Nice work, Song Xia," Alex coughs out, her hands twitching with the need to grab onto the kid and give him a hug... which she does 0.3 seconds later, basically squeezing the life out of Bai Yang.

"Al-Alex?" Bai Yang stammers, a little bit frighten by the strength of Alex's grip.

"This is bad, this is bad..." Alex mutters repeated while rubbing her cheeks against the other's soft and fluffy hair.

"B-Bad? Is the outfit no good?"

"No, it's too good. I might have to plan a few murders after this."

"W-What?!" 【What?!】Both Bai Yang and Sisay shout out in alarm, causing Alex to laugh.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" Well, she's halfway joking honestly.

【Alex!】Of course Sisay, who has access to her thoughts, knows what she's thinking.

'Okay, maybe not murder. Maybe some castration. Or some detached limbs.'

【Alex, no.】

'Come on! I'll only do it to those that really deserve it!'

"You like it?" Song Xia questions with a smug little grin on her face that Alex can't help but roll her eyes.

"Yeah, no shit. It looks good on him." Alex takes a step back but still at reaching distance from Bai Yang, looking up and down at his slim figure. "Bai Yang, you're slumping again. Straighten your back a little. Shoulders back. Lift up your chin."

Though awkward and bashful, Bai Yang listens to his friend's instructions. Though he still maintains his innocent and angel-like looks, the open and less introverted posture gives him an ethereal appearance. One that will definitely cause people to turn their heads and want to stare at him for long hours.

Alex nods her head, satisfied, while Song Xia leans in to peer at his face with narrowed eyes.

"Hey, can I darken his eyelashes a bit? He has really nice and long lashes but they're a bit light to see," Song Xia asks as she rubs her chin in contemplation. "Yang-Yang, flutter your eyelids for me a bit."

Bai Yang unconsciously does as he was told, blinking rapidly in a way that can make one's heart skip a beat. It takes a moment for the young man to realize what Song Xia has asked. "M-Makeup?"

"Why not?" Alex easily consents, a bit intrigued by what Song Xia has planned. "Are you okay with that, Ah Yang?"

"Ah, um..." The last time he has worn makeup was when he was seven and trying out his mother's color pallet. He has seen his father wearing makeup all the time whenever he has a job and it has always seemed magically for Bai Yang at the time. Though he feels nervous about wearing makeup now, he has always aspired to be as cool as his father. "Y-Yeah, if you think it would look good on me..."

"Oh honey, it will make you absolute divine," Song Xia embellishes, practically beaming at the chance to do the other's makeup. "Since we're darkening the eyelashes, let's puts some blush on your cheeks to create a more darling look. Your complexion is already fantastic so there's not much I can do for it. Maybe a mask on your hair to make it softer?" As Song Xia is babbling about all the possible things she can do to improve Bai Yang's delicate and beautiful features, she drags both of her customers to the back of the store and Alex is surprised to find a fully functional salon.

"Are you a professional stylist?" Alex can't help but asks as she looks around with a critical eye. Though she doesn't recognize any of the brands, brushes, or tools, the equipment doesn't look like something a typical makeup-user would have.

"I dabble," is Song Xia's lackluster answer as she pushes Bai Yang into the styling chair placed in front of a mirror. She takes another look at his wide-eyed face before gathering many different tools and colors without so much of a pause. "Now stay still, hon. Since we don't have to do much, it won't take long, okay sweetie?"

Bai Yang nods his head vigorously, his expression full of nervousness and anticipation as he stops moving and freezes his entire body like a statue. Song Xia looks a bit amused at his behavior but starts getting down the business.

First, Song Xia rubs some cream onto Bai Yang's face that somehow makes his skin glow and appear softer. Then, she added some kind of powder to his face, causing Bai Yang to sneeze, before faintly pinkening his cheeks and a little bit of his nose with some blush to make his pale skin come alive. With an eyeliner, she emphasizes the large size of his eyes and to bring more attention to the beautiful color of his silver-blue pupils. Next, with a light-colored mascara, she highlights his long eyelashes and Alex almost stops breathing at the end product. Really, though she's quite pleased with how things are going, she's also a little bit worried about having to take Bai Yang outside where there are plenty of unsavory characters that are going to try and prey on him.

【...Alex, stop.】Judging by Sisay's tone, obviously its Host is thinking of unsavory things being done to people they have yet to meet.

'What? No blood is involved this time.'

【No Alex. Stop trying to make excuses for breaking someone's bones.】

Finally, with a tub of cream that has both Alex and Bai Yang blinking in curiosity, Song Xia takes a generous amount on her fingers and begins massaging them in through the strands of Bai Yang's hair. Under Song Xia's skilled hands, the young man gradually relaxes and leans back towards her touch. A few minutes later after adding more cream to his hair, Song Xia steps back with a satisfied expression on her face.

Bai Yang, once Song Xia turns him around on the chair to see his reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall, he stares at himself in disbelief.

Song Xia has not done much of anything to him really and everything that has been done only took about ten minutes to finish, but the changes are really astounding. He has never really noticed the small flecks of blues in his iris, or how slim his nose can be, or how long his eyelashes are. Then again, he hasn't really seen himself in the mirror much and has basically tried to avoid looking at his image since his parents had died.

His dad had always said that he looks a lot like his mom, especially through the color of his eyes and hair, but his mom would say that he has his dad's nose and chin. On tougher days, he wouldn't go to the bathroom or at least close his eyes so that he wouldn't have to see those features in the mirror, but now...

"Wow, you look amazing..." he hears Alex say to him unabashedly and he sees her coming up behind him and leaning down to look at his face in the mirror. "Really beautiful. What do you think?"

At Alex's questions, he looks at himself in the mirror for a little while longer, gazing at his mother's color and his father's chin and nose and while he feels a pang of grief in his chest, he also looks at his friend steady and dark eyes, knowing that they see him and not his parents. Alex has always seen him, knows almost everything about him, and so when she calls him 'beautiful', he knows that it's meant for him.

"Sister Song Xia's skills are amazing," Bai Yang praises since he doesn't really believe he can look like this without her touch-ups.

"Aw, hon. It's only because I have such a good model in the first place!" Song Xia gushes, her hands on her cheeks as she squeals at Bai Yang's current image. "Honestly, you're a real looker sweetheart. Just take one step out of my shop and all the girls will be going gaga over you."

"No, that's-" Bai Yang sputters before stopping himself, not sure whether he should correct the other over her assumption. While Song Xia is also gay herself, is it a good idea to really say that he likes men instead?

"Oh, do you like guys instead?" Seeing Bai Yang's expression, Song Xia easily switches gears. "Then I'm also pretty sure guys will go gaga over. Or are you bi? Then both guys and girls will definitely drool over you!"

Immediately the young man blushes red from the tip of his ears to the top of his shoulders, but there is something happy in his expression. Song Xia's easy and casual acceptance of his sexuality brings something light and warm inside his chest.

Chuckling at their interaction, Alex holds her hands out for Bai Yang to grab onto. Though still a little bit shy at their compliments, he smiles up at his best friend and takes her hands without hesitance. "How much for the clothes and for the makeover?" Alex asks as she helps pull Bai Yang up from the styling chair, easily steadying him as he stumbles into her.

"The makeover's free. Just wanted something to do since I don't have many customers," Song Xia brushes off and though Alex wants to argue, she's also not the type to look a gift horse in the mouth. "For the clothes, I'll ring them up at the front counter. Who's paying?"

"I am," Alex states as she follows Song Xia out of the back and into the main area with Bai Yang closely behind her. "Do you take debit?"

"Yes, of course I take debit." Once Song Xia is behind the counter, she holds out her hand, which Alex casually places her debit card in. She watches carefully as Song Xia swipes it once and then inputs the price in the card reader, finding the amount satisfactory.

When Alex is given back her card, she asks, "Do you or this store have a business card?"

"Why? Want my number to ask me on a date later?" Song Xia suggests while wiggling her eyebrows, pulling out a card with Chuānzhuó zìyóu on the front before writing a phone number in black ink. When Alex reaches for it, Song Xia pulls back teasingly, looking quite innocent as she leans towards Alex with certain intentions in her eyes. "How about you give me your phone number first?"

Alex can't help but look amused at the flirting, the side of her lips twitching upwards. There's no doubt that Song Xia is attractive if people look past the abnormal hair color and the piercings. Honestly, those things actually make Song Xia look particularly exotic, and coupled with her impeccable makeup and her slim figure packed in her tank top and skinny jeans, then she would have been considered the entire package. Too bad Alex is the type to appreciate beauty in an objective sense and while it can move her in some ways, she's not particularly attractive to it in a sexual sense either. Also... "I apologize, but I don't have a cell phone. I should also inform you that I'm seventeen years old."

After being given that bombshell, Song Xia's expression slightly droops. While she's 23 years old and a six year age gap isn't too bad, Alex is still technically below the legal age of consent in S country and Song Xia has been making passes at her for the past hour...

"..... You don't look seventeen." Which is not a good excuse, but despite her tacky t-shirt and sweatpants ensemble, Alex can easily hold herself up as an adult. Her behaviorism is more of someone in their early-to-mid-twenties than someone of her actual age, ah! Her face is young, but her temperament is what attracted Song Xia in the first place. If it wasn't for her shabby fashion, other people would have definitely noticed how commanding her presence is.

"I've been told that before," Alex admits with no little amount of amusement, taking advantage of the other's shock as she swipes the business card out of Song Xia's loose hands. "My mental age would be more towards twenty-six rather than that of a high schooler."

"...Twenty-six is a very specific number," Song Xia can't help but point out, a little bit depressed by the new information she is given. Why do all the girls she ends up flirting with have to always be 1) straight, 2) taken, and 3) significantly younger or older than her? Sure, six years is not that big of a gap, but still...

Alex chuckles rather apologetically, giving the woman a smile full of mirth. "Thank you for your services Song Xia, we'll be taking our leave now-"

"Wait!" Song Xia suddenly shouts out, stopping both Alex and Bai Yang in mid-step as they were walking away towards the exit. "Hey Alex, are you really going out like that?"

"Like what?" she questions with a raised eyebrow, looking down at the plain brown t-shirt and the gray, fading sweatpants...

Ah, considering her original intentions in taking Bai Yang out and getting him a new image change, maybe she should dress accordingly. More likely than not, her sloppy way of dressing would gather more attention due to its shamelessness and informality and for her plan to work, she would need dress obscurely and without being too much of an eyesore.

Grumbling, she throws her debit card towards Song Xia, startling the blue-haired woman in its abruptness and wanders through the shop looking at all the different clothes and merchandise available. Both Song Xia and Bai Yang stare at her as she seemingly grabs whatever her hands touch and before they can blink, she's already hidden behind the curtains of the nearest dressing room.

Taking a single glance at each other, Bai Yang and Song Xia wait for Alex to come out and after around six minutes have passed, the curtains are finally pulled back to the side.

With a military messenger bag over her left shoulder and her arms up trying to pull back her long black hair into ponytail, Alex looks very tomboyish while wearing a simple, loose, gray-white tee and a long-sleeve, black and gray, buttoned, plaid shirt, appearing rather casual but also very cool at the same time. The sleeves of her plaid shirt are rolled up to her elbow, displaying an array of bracelets around both of her wrists and her strong, slightly-tanned forearms, and her tee is loosely tucked into her black skinny jeans. The helms of her jeans are hidden in ankle-high black boots that shines menacingly in its thickness and with a few belts and buckles displayed on the front.

The colors are very neutral and the outfit considerably plain, but it doesn't take away Alex's newly discovered handsomeness.

Bai Yang can't help but gape at his friend's new appearances for the first few seconds before gushing with pink cheeks and sparkling eyes, "So good! Alex looks really good!"

【...You really do.】Sisay says absentmindedly, a little surprised by its Host's looks. It hasn't meant to say that out loud, but it has been with Alex since the beginning of her transmigration period and anytime she doesn't have to wear her school uniform, she will only wear t-shirts and comfortable, baggy pants. So this type of stylish and fashionable appearance is very shocking and new to the System.

'You think so?' Alex teasingly questions as she leans her head back to catch all the strands of her hair, showing off her long neck. 'Maybe I should dress like this often?'

【...Maybe.】the System responds quietly, suddenly shy and bashful. It feels conflicted for some reason.

Song Xia, on the other hand, groans, taking Alex's attention away from the strangely-timid system. "Are you really seventeen?! This older sister really wishes she was younger!"

"You can try asking me out when I'm eighteen," Alex jokingly suggests as she finishes tying her hair up in a ponytail before grabbing onto nearby baseball cap on one of the hat racks. "Ring up the cap and the bag as well."

"When's your birthday?" Song Xia asks curiously as she eyes every single piece of material Alex is wearing before calculating the number in her head. Swiping the debit card through the card reader, she types in the total price and shows it to Alex for confirmation, which she nods in response to.

"In September," Alex informs as she receives the merchant receipt and signs Chang Hui's name.

"Ugh, I can't wait that long to eat tofu~." Song Xia whines as she takes Alex's signature and then gives her another receipt to keep. Alex doesn't feel particularly sympathetic since sexual frustration is foreign to her and something she feels that is unrelated to her also. So all she can do is just give the other an amused, but pitiless smile.

"Well, too bad," Alex says as she turns around, catching Bai Yang's embarrassed expression and red face. It seems that he understands the 'eat tofu' reference and is feeling shy over it. "Ah Yang, you almost have forgotten your uniform so I placed it in the bag.

"Oh!" Now, Bai Yang looks even more embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"It's fine, I almost forgot as well. That uniform is very expensive so we should be more careful," Alex reassures as she takes back her debit card from the pouting Song Xia. "Thanks for all your help, Song Xia."

"Aw, just call me Big Sister Xia. No need for formalities."

"Thank you, Big Sister Xia," Bai Yang says shyly, a little bit bashful since he hasn't really called anyone with such familiarity other than his Godfather and Alex.

"Anything for you, honey~ And try calling me back once you're legal, Alex!"

--------------

Though they were generally ignored or subtly sneered at when they were walking through Yifu Street the first time, now everyone couldn't help but turn their heads and stare at both Bai Yang and Alex as they headed towards Shimao Avenue.

Even though Bai Yang is still following closely behind Alex like a duckling with its mother, he seems to have gained some composure after meeting Big Sister Xia, who is overtly gay and blatantly proud of it. He holds his head up a little bit more openly, allowing the passing people to see his delicate features and marvel at his fragile beauty.

While his posture is still shy and awkward, with his new clothes and Song Xia's makeup skills, the sight is very cute and touching. Especially when he hides behind Alex, who emits a different type of atmosphere that contrast with Bai Yang's image.

With a baseball cap hiding the majority of her face and creating long shadows on her features, Alex seems enigmatic and dark but her attitude is cool and mature despite the un-remarkableness of her clothes. Unlike the young man shadowing her, she allows her posture to be more exposed and unrestrained, yet somehow giving off a dangerous aura that makes others very hesitant in approaching the two.

In fact, there are a couple of haughty young masters who are eyeing up Bai Yang's long legs and white, smooth skin with impure intentions. Whenever they see his pink petal-like lips parting or his soft eyelashes fluttering, all of their hearts skip a beat despite their past claims to being straight and only attracted to women. The only thing that is stopping them from introducing themselves to the gentle beauty is, ironically, the young man's female companion.

Whenever a brave soul tries to walk up to them, they're immediately suppressed by a predatory aura, causing them to freeze in mid-step before they can even get within ten feet near the duo and when they finally come back to their sense, their chance to flirt with the delicate beauty is gone.

What is that terrifying woman?! A dragon protecting her treasure, ah?!

Other than those few stragglers, the two of them creates an impression of a knight protecting their princess in people's mind-very cool and beautiful.

On the other hand, while watching out for any gutsy troublemakers, Alex has been conversing with Sisay about the next stage of her plan.

'Okay, Operation 'Build Ah Yang More Confidence' is a go! Roll call! Sigma White, do you copy?'

【Alex, you do know this is something that has to happen gradually, right?】

'Shhhhhhhh Sigma White, let me dream. Besides, we have to start somewhere, right?' Alex states cheerfully, her inner thoughts not reflecting the intimidating aura she's displaying. 'Hey, can you tell me where Bai Yang originally got scouted?'

【Um... That should be in Guangchang Plaza. It's an area with a lot of coffee shops, sit-down restaurants, and stores as well, though the prices are more tailored to middle-class and high-middle class...】

'Okay, how do we get there?'

【We're going there?】

'Of course. Also, what's the precise date and time when Bai Yang get scouted?'

【Um... please hold on. Since the request is specific, I need a moment to interpret the data.】Sisay explains, giving her the impression of an IT telemarketer. A couple of seconds later, Sisay gives her an answer. 【August 24th. 3:38 pm.】

'Okay, and the way there?'

【It's not far, only a few streets down on Shimao from Yifu... wait, why is Host asking??】

'Image training!'

【...Image training?】

'Yeah! Ever heard of the expression 'fake it till you make it'? Bai Yang is still very insecure and, of course, that will change over the next few months, but if he stops looking down and slumping his shoulder all the time, it should help him become more confident!'

【That's...not a bad idea.】

'Right? Our baby needs to get out more anyway. If he's given a chance, he'll hide himself away inside of his apartment. Of course, now that I'm here, that's not going to happen.' Da Guan is full of sheltered and pampered young masters and misses-their world is too close-minded and sometimes isolated from reality. While Da Guan offers the chance to broaden their horizon and to interact with people outside of their mansions, the demographic is really narrow, therefore the likelihood of finding people that can relate to Bai Yang's predicament is slim. Even if there are a few gays ghosting around somewhere in Da Guan, the majority of them are probably closeted gays or in fierce denial of their sexuality because of the expectations that high-society has on them. Most young masters and misses are expected to get married to the opposite gender and pass on their family names and genes to the next generation.

Even after Chao Heng had exposed Bai Yang's sexuality, no one came up to defend or comfort him. Why? Because 1) The Chao's family influence and 2) If they try to do so, wouldn't other people label them as homosexual through association? If asked before the incident, his classmate would have said that Bai Yang is 'pretty but pitiful and much too depressing to hang out with,' but after the incident, people only pay attention to the fact that he's gay.

Such a close-minded and suppressive environment is not good for her kid. While she'll allow Bai Yang to continue to attend Da Guan for classes, she doesn't necessarily want him to interact with his classmates. Not that is something she has to really worry about since Bai Yang doesn't really want to talk anyone outside of Alex.

Even though his classmates did start talking to him more, their conversations always led to 'How's Chang Hui?' and 'What is she doing?' to 'Where is she right now?'. Obviously, they were trying to gain the favor of the Headmaster's current favorite, probably hoping to somehow bribe her or coax her with their family name and influence in order to get her on their side. Surprisingly, despite his usual meekness and submissiveness, Bai Yang was firm in not telling them anything about Alex. It was one of the few ways that he could actually protect her.

With Sisay's instructions, Alex tows Bai Yang towards the direction of the plaza, gathering more and more attention the further they walk down Yifu Street and Shimao Avenue. Still, no one dares to approach them, especially since Alex is very diligent in making sure to keep the hungry dogs away.

Ten minutes later, they enter into Guangchang Plaza-before Alex then drags Bai Yang into the closest alley she can find.

"Al-Alex?" Bai Yang questions in bewilderment, his eyes wide as the girl directs him into the alleyway between two small, local restaurants.

"Ah Yang, you want to be a model, right?" Alex probes, startling Bai Yang in the abruptness of the question, though... he has an inkling that the reason for their outing in the first place might have something to do with his wish to become a model. Feeling a bit warm knowing that he's being supported by his best friend in some way, Bai Yang nods shyly. "Okay, then you need to have a presence. Though you have beautiful features that would make many people want to stare at you, how can they stare at you when they can't see you in the first place?"

Bai Yang: "....." Can you please not be so blunt? Q.Q That warm feeling is now gone, ah.

【Maybe... Tone it down a bit, Alex?】

'What for?' Alex questions before turning back to her kid, who looks too much like a kicked puppy at the moment. "Anyway, that's what we're going to practice on! Being more confident and presentable!"

"...Um... How?" Bai Yang asks rather hesitantly while wondering where his best friend is going with this.

"Body language! Even if you feel scared, miserable, and intimidated, body language is one of the keys to help people take notice of you!"

"Um..." Seeing Bai Yang's confused and uncertain expression, Alex understands that she probably will need to demonstrate a few points before they can do anything further.

"Okay, baby steps, baby steps. First, we'll forget about facial expressions and concentrate on making yourself less invisible. Ah Yang always gives out the impression of not wanting other people to pay attention to him. If Ah Yang wants to become a model, then that won't do. You have to want people to notice you or else, how can you become a model?"

Bai Yang ducks his head in self-consciousness, not able to refute anything that Alex has said. "Then... What should I...?"

"First, Ah Yang needs to stop hunching." With a loud slap to his back, Bai Yang jumps up with a yelp but straights his back nonetheless. "Ah Yang also needs to pull back his shoulder a little." With a hand on his shoulder, Alex directs his shoulders to relax and for his chest to puff out a little more. "Ah Yang should raise his chin also; don't look down. Look ahead. Ah Yang, look at me." When Bai Yang lifts his head and looks directly at Alex, he can't help but blush seeing her dark eyes looking intently into his, but he keeps his gaze straight and unwavering even if his cheeks are a little pink.

As she steps back to look at her friend a little more, the change in Bai Yang's demeanor is very satisfying.

Instead of looking as if he wants to roll himself into a ball, Bai Yang seems more confident with those few changes to his posture. He's watching her with intense silver-blue eyes as if calling her to fall in love with his gaze, and he seems less reserved and introverted than before. There is a certain kind of composure in his figure, steady and firm as a mountain-which crumbles in an instant once he flinches due to the passing group of girls peering into the alley.

Right, baby steps. They'll work on it. "Okay, you've noted what I have said?"

"Y-Yes."

"Okay, keep that in mind. Posturing is important in modeling, as you probably know, but you'll also need to know to utilize it in real time. Come here and watch me."

With a curious expression, Bai Yang follows Alex to the entrance of the alleyway and nods his head when she gestures for him to stay near here. Alex rolls her neck a little before cueing to Sisay, 'Hey, play Blow Your Mind by Dua Lipa for me will you?'

【O-Of course, if that's what you wish.】Sisay responds agreeably, even if it's not sure why.

As the song plays through her mind, Alex's entire being suddenly changes, causing Bai Yang to stare in disbelief.

With a few adjustments to her body, Alex suddenly emits an oppressive atmosphere that anyone within ten feet of her position can feel. Eyeing the ice cream cart near the fountain in the middle of the plaza, she walks towards it with an obvious purpose. Because of the way she carries herself, it makes her stick out among the crowd, causing people to turn their heads towards her despite her plain features and ordinary clothing. Alex keeps her diligence even as she waits in line to order herself a cone and while the action itself is silly, she still looks very handsome and cool even as posture loosen up with her hands in her pockets.

Soon enough, it's her turn in line, people taking several glances at her figure even as they left her line of sight, and the ice cream man himself looks at her with a dazed expression.

As she takes out a couple of bills and places them on the counter, Alex orders herself a small cup of chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream and another cup of vanilla. The young vendor then finally snaps out of his stupor, clumsily taking her request and flushes when she reaches for her cups and takes it from his hands. After saying her thanks, which has him flustered, Alex turns around without asking for her change and walks back to the frozen Bai Yang, eyes still following her even after she steadily makes her posture more and more casual.

By the time she has returned to Bai Yang's side, there are still a few lingering gazes from the people in the area, and Alex promptly waves the cup of vanilla ice cream in front of her kid.

Bai Yang automatically takes the cup without much thought as he continues to stare at his best friend while she grabs the small spoon stuck into the cold treat and start consuming the sugary cream.

"So, like that," Alex says while looking back at her kid, who is still frozen on the spot.

"...That's... Did you do modeling before, Alex?"

"What? No," she immediately denies, grimacing slightly. "I just know a lot about posturing." From her times fighting, of course. Often hanging out in the seedy part of the city in her teenage years, one couldn't just walk on through those streets while looking like someone that can easily be bullied. Then later on, as she was getting her masters, there is some part of the scientific community that doesn't regard female scientists seriously, so she had to do a lot of power-posturing during presentations and lectures in order to make sure that her audience is paying attention to her and taking her research seriously. It's just some of the things one would need to learn as an adult. "Okay, your turn."

"M-My turn?"

"Yeah, keep in mind all the adjustments I've advised and just try to go out there and walk-the-walk."

"T-That-um-well..."

"Come on, I'll walk with you. Just a test trial, nothing stressful," Alex reassures as she bumps shoulders with Bai Yang playfully, causing him to relax in response.

"O-Okay," Bai Yang stammers but he straightens himself up as Alex has instructed him before only to come out very, very stiff.

Okay, baby steps.

Since she's not expecting perfection straight away, she only smiles encouragingly at her kid and leads Bai Yang out of the alleyway. For a while Bai Yang moves as if someone is controlling his body, almost making Alex laugh out loud considering how ridiculous it looks but she refrains herself to a muffled cough, earning a pouting look from the young man who is well aware how funny she thinks his awkwardness is and tries to plan a way for the young man to relax.

"Remember Derek's and Caiden's wedding?"

Bai Yang jumps at the sudden question, his shoulders tensing slightly out of surprise, but his eyes shine with recognition. Out of all the stories that Alex has told Bai Yang about her past-life's friends, the romance between Derek and Caiden is his favorite. "Y-Yeah, I remember. The one about the spiteful goose."

"Yeah, well, before that, me and a couple of other guys were in charge of decorating their honeymoon suite after the wedding. Let me also remind you that majority of us are single, introverted lab geeks that know shit about making a romantic atmosphere."

Alex continues on with the story as she leads Bai Yang towards the fountain at the center of the plaza slowly and by the time she's at the part where some of them thought it was a good idea to decorate the place lavishly with drapes and then bring in several different types of scented candles, Bai Yang has relaxed significantly. There is a moment when he became sensitive to the stares he has been earning (because Bai Yang is way too beautiful not to be stared at and even more so now he's not a hunched little ball of depression), but Alex makes sure not to lose his attention, sometimes making exaggerated motions with her hands and expressions just to keep his eyes on her.

Gradually, Bai Yang does ignore the unsubtle gawks due to Alex's persistence. He even smiles as she makes an exaggerated noise on how quickly the curtain near the hotel window caught on fire, creating a certain glow to his face that has everyone's heart skip a beat.

Is this an angel, ah?! Who is this angel?!

Eventually, Alex has Bai Yang sitting on the edge of the fountain, the sparkling water in the background adding more attractiveness to his delicate looks. And when he laughs at Alex's ridiculous description of what it's like to smell ten different scents all at once because of the candles they bought ("So have you ever smelled sandalwood, rose petal, honey sugar, vanilla bean, seductive berries, and passionate pomegranate combined into one small room? I sure wish I hadn't. And adding to the ridiculous perfume we tried spraying on the pillow but ended up spilling on the bed instead..."), it's like the whole world shined. Everyone's heart starts to beat faster in response and many want to go over to talk to the boy personally, but coupled with the boy's meng and ethereal atmosphere, there is an air of do-not-disturb, as if they're not worthy to approach.

Apparently, the warning that Alex purposely gives off as she tries to help her kid relax does not work on just anyone. By the time she's explaining the disastrous aftermath of her friends' decorating attempts, someone pushes through the threatening atmosphere with their own powerful aura and before Alex can do anything about it, a shadow looms over the two friends.

"Excuse me. May I, perhaps, have a moment of your time?"

...--------...

Alex: Author, that's a shitty place to put a cliffhanger at.

Author: I know! ੧| ‾́︶ ‾́ |੭ Anyone wants to guess who it is? *cackles*

Author's Note:

Let me tell you, Editor-chan gave me a good response to this chapter. And by a good response, I mean she was begging me for the part 11 after finishing editing this one and basically sulk thereafter when I told her that I can't give it to her yet.

Sucks for you guys because I'm pretty not going to post the next chapter until five days have passed lololol. I'm very motivated to keep you guys waiting for the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.8K 49
Liu Xu Yuan, having died from an unknown death, found himself bound to a system. Thus he starts the journey of going through various worlds to compl...
824 21 42
crappy isekai MC'sthat don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
200K 11.6K 67
1. A Straight guy in Otome BL game He died and reincarnated into another world. As a small villain. His job is to torture the protagonist. I refuse...
388K 16.3K 39
||A/N: Will update from time to time. . . ( High chance of being discontinued.) || Credit to original artist- I've only made a pastel edit with it...