RWBYS

By CaitlinBryan0

My name is Star Fire and 16 years ago I was born and I live a semi normal life that is until I got accepted i... More

I want
Start at the beginning
1st day
Mirror tears
Authors note

Chapter 6 Dust

43 2 4
By CaitlinBryan0

Previously on RWBYS Ruby was worried about Star and Yang is dragging her over to Star to ask her if she's okay.

Ruby's POV

"Hey, Jaune." I said still being dragged by Yang sometimes I really hate how strong she is.
"That's not right this can't be my locker number I would have remembered counting that high." Jaune said to distracted to notice Ruby waving hi as she passed him being dragged by Yang.

We got over to where Star was as soon as Yang let go of my hood she gave me a nudge and I knew exactly what it meant.

"Hey Star what's wrong." I asked her.

"Ohh hey, Ruby its just I don't know if I can do this I barely know anything." Star said.
I could tell she was really worried about it and that she's trying to not let it show but she was doing a bad job.
"Everything will be fine Yang can help you with fighting she's really good at hand to hand combat." I said.
"Yeah, you'll be fine so stop worrying it doesn't look good on you." Yang said while patting me on my back.
"What about my weapon I haven't even used it and all I have is this instruction video." Star said holding up a mini scroll.
"Umm well learn what you can from the video and I'll help you after that." I said.
"Really ok thank you, guys." Star said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stars POV

I did what Ruby said and I watched the video to the point where I almost memorized it I was practicing with my weapon while I watched it.

"I should probably read more of my book so I can use it in battle can dust manipulation be used in battle." I said to myself.
I looked at my scroll and it was 10:05 so I have an hour and a half that will be enough time for me to learn some more about dust manipulation. So far I've learned that you can use dust manipulation to change your clothes which I think is awesome. But I wonder how do you even use dust I think I should ask someone so I asked the first person I saw, a girl with long white hair.

"Umm excuse me." I asked the girl with blue eyes she had a crooked scar that ran vertically down her left eye and long white hair in an off-center bun tail that was pinned with an icicle-shaped tiara.

"Yes, can I help you with something." She said.

"Actually yes hi my name is Star and I was wondering if you know how to use dust." I asked her hoping she would know.

"Why yes, I do my name is Weiss Schnee Heiress to Schnee Dust Company and I know everything about dust." She said.

"Really can you tell me please." I said.

"I don't really have time so here read this it will tell you everything you need to know about dust." She said as she handed me a pamphlet that said dust for dummies.

"Okay, thanks." I said as I took the pamphlet I sat down and opened it and started reading.

There are four primary types of dust that we know of each dust has a secondary area where they can be used if combined with another type of dust.

Red is fire, White is air, Blue is water and Yellow is lighting. Secondary dust or no known color. Ice dust is water and air which is blue + white = cyan color. Steam Dust Fire and water possibly gray colored. Dust can presumably be activated by aura you can have dust in raw form or dust powder.

"Dust powder?" I asked her wondering what the heck it was.
"Yes, this." She said holding up a vile of what looks like red powder.
"So this is dust powder what does it look like in its raw form." I said.
"It looks like crystals." She said showing me red crystals.

So if I'm assuming correctly my mother was probably injected with powdered dust. I decided to try it out I went outside walked to the courtyard I closed my eyes and focused on my aura. When I opened my eyes I was glowing all different colors.

"Wow, you have a special aura I've never seen one like that."
I turned around to see a girl with red hair and green eyes I recognized who it was.
"OMG!!!! your pumpkin Pete girl." I said.
"Yes hi, my name is Pyrrha Nikos." She said.
"Hi I'm Star and I'm new to all of this." I said with a fake laugh.
"Ohh ok, do you know what your semblance is." Pyrrha said.
"What's a semblance is it important." I asked.
"Your semblance is like a muscle the more you practice with it, the stronger it will become semblance is the manifestation of one's innate and personal power as an ability unique to each individual, with the effects varying greatly from user to user. The nature of one's semblance is noted as representing an aspect of their character. However, a person's semblance can be similar to the semblances of their parents or other family members." Pyrrha explained detail by detail.
I just realized I don't know anything about my real parents I need to ask Ozpin.
"Sorry thank you for the explanation but I have to go." I said running towards the school to find Professor Ozpin I need to know what my semblance is and about my parents.
"I found you." I said out of breath I feel like I just ran through the entire school.
"Yes indeed you did is something wrong, Miss Fire, you look troubled." Ozpin said.
Miss Fire why was he addressing me like that I'm not married.
"Huh please call me Star its what I'm used to besides Miss Fire is too weird." I said.
"Ok, Star is there something I can help you with." He said.
"Yes, there is I want to know about my parents and their semblance can you tell me please." I asked desperately.

"Okay very well then you already know your mothers' semblance was storing dust and your father his semblance was time freeze. He could freeze time I don't exactly know how long he could freeze time but when I first saw him use I thought he teleported." Ozpin said.

Flashback
No ones POV

"We're surrounded." Luna said.

"What do we do now that we are surrounded, my fearless leader." Elena said.

"Now is not the time for your sarcastic remarks okay we just have to hold them off until backup arrives." Max said.

"Yeah we can do this we're team MELT the strongest freshmen team at beacon and we have the greatest leader who I believe can get us through this so show some respect, Elena." Thor said.

"I'm not the one with the man crush he's not a god he's human just like the rest of us." Elena said.

"WHAT how dare you, Max, is nothing like us he is perfect, unlike a certain snarky and sarcastic girl I know." Thor said while staring at the leader he admired.

"Excuse me why don't you say that to my face." Elena said.

"ENOUGH STOP BICKERING WITH EACH OTHER AND FOCUS ON FIGHTING THE GRIMM." Luna yelled.

There was Grimm everywhere they just wouldn't let up just when all hope was lost Ozpin and Glynda arrived.

They were the toughest two seniors at beacon but even they were overwhelmed by the massive amount of Grimm it was too much for even them to handle.

"OZPIN."

Max looked over to Ozpin to see him on the ground and a Beowolf charging right for him. Max was getting ready to use his semblance.

"I need to use It nows the time but the longest I can do it for is 1 to 2 minutes long enough to get to Ozpin." Max whispered to himself.

Max activated his semblance and ran towards Ozpin to get in front of him and kill the Grimm that was 5 feet away from killing Ozpin. When he got in front of Ozpin he deactivated his semblance and sliced the beowolf in half.

"Max what just happened how did you do that can you teleport." Ozpin said.

"No I used my semblance I can freeze time but not for long right now I can do it for two minutes at first it only lasted a couple seconds so I've been training a lot so I can use it better." Max said.

"Thank you-you just saved my life." Ozpin said.

            END OF FLASHBACK

Stars POV

"Thanks to your father we were able to defeat the Grimm and from that day on we were best friends." Ozpin said.

"Wow, that's so cool so whats my semblance." I said with star filled eyes.

"I don't know you'll find out when you unlock your semblance now let us go its time to get going." Ozpin said.

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed i and please like and comment and have a good day.
~~~~Caity

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.3K 2.4K 39
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
382K 12.1K 88
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
131K 2.3K 48
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...
134K 7.9K 94
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...