My Brother's Best Friend

By gloriouspurposes

Completed on September 2nd, 2018. DISCLAIMER: i was pretty young when i wrote this, so my grammar & overall l... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Not an update- Cover for the book!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N

Chapter 23

725 20 17
By gloriouspurposes

Luna's POV:

"No no, no. Don't go in there! No- YOU IDIOT! The killer is in there! You're gonna die!" I shout at the huge cinema screen.

Let me tell you why.

Dylan, Emilio, AJ, Tyler and I went to the movies and the boys picked the movie without telling me. And what genre do they choose? A HORROR MOVIE.

Why.

Just why.

They know I hate horror.

But why.

WHY.

Okay moving on.

Right now I'm shouting at this fictional character that lives in a huge ass television screen and everyone in the cinema hall is watching me.

Including Tyler, AJ, Dylan and Emilio.

"Um Luna calm down..?" AJ, who was on my left, says feeling embarrassment. "But the idiot's gonna die! She literally picked her path to death!" I say in all seriousness.

"Shhh!" A lady sitting behind me shushed. "Lu this is all fake, she's not going to die," Emilio states the obvious.

Wondering why he isn't calling me 'Cupcake'? Well, it's because I told him not to around Dylan.

"Give me that," I said grabbing AJ's popcorn since I finished mine.

"Hey that's-" he tries to speak. "SHHHHH!" I say then give him a five year old sheepish grin.

I look over to my right side where Emilio was sitting watching the movie with full concentration. I take the chance that he isn't looking and snatch his Twix bar.

Hehe I'm so evil.

**

The movie came to an end and everyone was now relieved that my unnecessary screaming stopped.

Especially Tyler.

"God you scream too much my eardrums might be non-existent at this moment," Tyler remarked rubbing his ears. "Not my problem, y'all know I don't like horror movies," I put my hands up in defense.

"You can't blame her Tyler," AJ says taking my side, "I don't like horror either and you know it."

I stick my tongue out at Tyler as Dylan looked at all of us with a what the hell is wrong with you look.

Yeah we need help.

"Uhm Lulu are you like high or something?" Dylan asks. "No, you frog," I say, using his nickname that I haven't used in months.

"I told you, I don't like to be called a frog, Luna!" Dylan pouts as we continue to walk to Domino's Pizza.

"Too bad," I shrug, "Now you know how I feel when you call me Elizabeth."

"But Elizabeth is actually in your name," he says. "Frog represents you just fine, Lan. Now deal with it." I say, giving him my resting bitch face glance.

"Fine."

**

"Emilio this is my pizza!" I say trying to snatch back my pineapple pizza slice.

"No, no and no," he refuses, "This thing right here is my heaven. Back off."

"Guys this is like fourth time you fight over food today," Dylan says with a bored expression on his face, "Cut it out."

"You did not just use Joey's line from Full House," I say, shock written all over my face, "ONLY JOEY CAN USE THAT LINE!"

"Jesus, Luna. Calm the fuck down!" Tyler says wide-eyed. "Get used to it, frog," I say.

"So I'm a frog too now?" Tyler asks, confused.

"You're all frogs." I simply say.

"Aw Lu, that hurt," AJ says dramatically. He removes his glasses and wipes a fake tear.

"Good for you, AJ," I say. "Yea she's definitely high," Emilio says.

"EXCUSE ME?!" I shout. "What so are you the Warden from Holes now?" Dylan says, rolling his eyes.

"Frog."

"Drunk."

"Asshole."

"Yellow-spotted lizard."

"Ba- wait what?"

"You guys argue way too much," Tyler states, clearly annoyed from Emilio and I's behavior.

"Whatever," Both Emilio and I say in sync.

**

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Emilia Martinez!" I say motioning my arms towards the stairs making wild gestures as Emilio walks down swiftly wearing a..

Wearing a crop top and a skirt.

And his face is a full face of makeup.

"Damn, Luna what did you do to him?" Tyler asks, amused.

"Welcomed him into the female population," I reply proudly.

"Oh my god you guys! I look tots adorbs!" Emilio, or should I say Emilia, speaks in a high pitched girly tone. Failing obviously.

"Emilio just- no," AJ says, and 'Emilia' pouts.

"Her name is Emilia thank you very much," I say, sternly.

"Okay now this skirt is hella uncomfortable," Emilio whines, "How do girls wear these things for hours?!"

"Because, dear Emilio, we have bodies that help us feel more comfortable in such clothing. And plus, we get used to it. You could get used to it too." I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Can I go change now?" He asks. "Yea, I'll come remove the makeup." I laugh.

Emilio goes upstairs to my room where he kept his clothes to change out of that.. yea. I follow him and we both enter my room.

"I'll go change," he informs and I nod in response. "Don't get makeup on that crop top Emilio or else," I warn. "I won't." He chuckles.

I sit down on my bed and scroll through Instagram while Emilio changed out of my clothes.

I don't even know how it fit him.

Am I that fat?

Bleh, whatever.

Food is life so it's okay.

What am I- never mind.

"THIS DAMN SKIRT- OH MY GOD!" I hear Emilio shout from the bathroom while struggling to get out of the clothes I gave him.

I chuckle, "Everything okay there?"

"Uh, maybe yes, maybe no," he replies unsurely.

"What do you mean?"

"I might've ripped the skirt's button..?'

"EMILIO I'M GONNA HAUNT YOU DOWN!"

**

"Come on, Cupcake. I said I was sorry!" He says for like the twenty eighth time while I clean the make up on his face with frustration. "Don't make me pour makeup remover in your eye," I threaten, "I'm already on the edge of strangling you."

He makes an offended-kitten face at me that just looked so..

So Emilio.

Like so cute I might die.

Resist, Luna. Resist.

"It's fine," I finally say.

"Yay!" He cheers.

"Get up dumbass, your makeup is fully removed now," I slap his forehead as I walk by.

What? That's a habit.

Slapping people on their foreheads is satisfying.

"Come on, let's go downstairs," I say gesturing for him to get up.

"I don't wanna," he pouts. "But your friends are downstairs?" I say, making it sound like a question.

"They're probably watching a soccer game or something," he shrugs. "I thought you liked these stuff?" I raise an eyebrow. "Not much," he says, "They require too much suspense. And I'm not that active."

"Yea I can see that,"

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you very much,"

"Your welcome. Come on now, I'll be downstairs anyways. We can bake something or whatever."

"Can't we just stay here? I don't want to get there and start wrestling," he pouts.

"Wrestling?" I ask, confused. "We're boys, Cupcake," he chuckles.

Goddammit why you gotta be so cute?

"We either go downstairs or I'm going on a walk, alone," I say impatiently. "Why can't I come with you to the walk?" He asks.

"You're such a baby, Milio. Get up, we're gonna go for a walk." I roll my eyes as he gets up with a goofy smile on his face, 'embracing' his double chin.

This is why I love Emilio.

**

"Fine, get on my back then," Emilio says, clearly annoyed by my behavior.

"I'm too fat," I say, "but my legs are still tired."

"Then get on my back!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No"

"Yes."

"No."

"I'm not doing this again,"

"Fine." I say, as he kneels down for me to get on his back easier. He gets up easily and starts making his way to the park while I rest the side of my head on his shoulder.

"And you call yourself fat, you're lighter than my school bag," I can't see him, but I already know that he's rolling his eyes.

"Emilio," I call his name, breaking the silence that has been going on for a few minutes.

"Yea?" I hear his warm voice reply.

"Can we go to the park you and Dylan used to take me when we were little?"

"You still remember it?"

"Who wouldn't?"

"Sure, we'll go there." He says and I can already picture him smiling with his dimples showing.

Emilio and I keep talking along the way, about anything that comes to our minds. We kept talking about random stuff. From how school was such a bitch this year, to why the sky is blue, to who came up with the idea of toilet paper.

We're so random.

And then we were silent again. The walk was pretty long I'd say, it's probably because the park was beside our old house. Which was about fifteen minutes away.

I might've fell asleep on Emilio's shoulder, on his back..

Might've..

Just a slight bit of a chance..

Okay no I definitely fell asleep.

"Cupcake, we're here," I hear Emilio say, making my eyes flutter open. "Did you fall asleep?" He chuckles.

"Yeah," I say, yawning. "I guess I am a teddy bear after all," he says in a high pitched baby voice.

God his cuteness.

He helps me get down from his back and helps me gain my balance. He takes my hand and holds it while smiling at me, looking at me with those striking blue eyes as we both walk into the park.

The park was empty, no one was there. Not even one kid. The place looked just like last time we've been here, which was about five years ago.

"This is crazy," I say and he looks at me. "It really is, everything looks the same," he agrees.

"Let's go on the swings?" I say, pointing at the swings while smiling brightly. I don't wait for an answer and immediately pull him with me to the swings.

I take a seat on one of them and Emilio sits on the one beside me.

It was already getting darker when we were making our way to the park, and right now the sun is setting in front of us.

Out of nowhere, I suddenly ask, "Do you think Mom still loves Dylan and I?"

"What?" Emilio says, like he wasn't expecting me to ask anything any time soon.

"Do you think Mom still loves us?" I repeat.

He stays silent.

"Kaitlyn told me that after Mason died, her Dad claimed to her that he loathed her," I say, referring to my best friend's situation, "And that Jason, who was once the adoring and loving brother, never let her go a day without making sure she had a bruise somewhere on her body."

It looked like he was trying to find the right words to say, but he stayed silent.

"Does Mom hate me?"

"I bet no mother in this world can possibly hate her child," he finally speaks up looking at me, "Same with fathers."

"So you're telling me that Scott doesn't hate Kait?"

He sighs, "Some just aren't meant to be parents."

"How can someone be so harsh? That's what I'm not getting. How can a parent possibly do that to their own daughter or son?" I ask.

"I don't know." Is all he says.

"I mean, I've met Kait before the abusing started.. and her family was so normal. They were really happy. Sometimes I used to get jealous because Scott loved her so much, and at that time Mom wasn't married to John yet. I never knew everything would change in a split second."

"I guess this is just how our lives were meant to be, we can't really do anything about it."

After a few moments of silence and the sun has already set, Emilio decides to break the silence.

"Cupcake?"

"Yea?"

"I need to tell you something,"

"Go on."

"I love you."

_______________________

A/N:

Umm.. hey?

I'm so evil.

*cue the evil laughing*

Qotd: "I like to be alone but I hate being lonely."

Love y'all 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 23.7K 50
|| HIGHEST RANKS: #13 in HUMOR #79 in TEEN FICTION || If you are going to be BAD, then you have to do it the BAD way... It's pretty simple: 1) Don'...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

174K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
875K 16.2K 134
No one expects to fall in love when they accidentally send a text to a wrong number. This story is about the journey two strangers embark on as they...
1M 37.3K 51
He towered over me. His green eyes gazed at me and for a moment I was captivated by them. I cleared my throat. "I need your help to become a good gir...