✔️ | scream and shout, jurass...

By -winchesters

IN WHICH Eli Moore had always been a little obsessed with dinosaurs, so when his parents get him a ticket to... More

★ | 000. introduction
★ | 000. characters
★ | 001. welcome to jurassic world
★ | 002. sour mood
★ | 004. jealousy
★ | 005. no entry
★ | 006. not the time
★ | 007. pterodactyl madness
★ | 008. use the raptors
★ | 009. indominus rex vs t rex
★ | 010. epilogue
★ | 000. thank you for reading

★ | 003. escape the babysitter

6.9K 309 72
By -winchesters

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 3: Escape The Babysitter
Word Count: 1578

Eli smiled and awed a little bit (okay, it was a bit more then little) at all the baby dinosaurs. They were at the gentle giants petting zoo. All little kids were running around and riding the harmless dinosaurs. The inner child in Eli screamed at him to get on one but unfortunately he was to big for it.

"Lift me up." Gray whined, reaching up on his tippy toes to try and get a good look at them. "I can't see!"

Eli looked towards Zach, expecting him to help his brother but instead, Zach just responded with his usual glare, "I'm not Dad. And you're not five."

"I'll help you up." Eli offered, making Gray smile excitedly and rushed towards him. Eli leaned down and Gray jumped onto his back, Eli lifting him up easily into a piggy back ride.

"Wow. I wouldn't expect you to be so strong." Zach commented, smirking.

"And whys that?" Eli questioned, moving forward between the crowd so Gray could get a better look.

"You don't look like you have the muscles." Zach once again, didn't think before he spoke and his eyes slightly widened, he hadn't meant to sound mean. "Uh, I just meant, um—"

"I'll have you know that I only look scrawny because of my clothes when actually underneath, I have a six pack." Eli snapped. Normally, he wouldn't get so defensive if someone called him that. He got it all the time and it's not like there was anything wrong with being scrawny. It was only because Zach said it and the boy really got on Eli's nerves.

Zach smirked again, his eyes trailing down to Eli's stomach as if he could see through his clothes. "Really? Well, I'm not sure I believe you. You might have to show me. Just as proof, of course."

Was Zach really flirting with him? His cheeks flushed and he quickly looked away, not liking that Zach had that affect on him but could you really blame him? Zach was definitely hot. To bad he had a shit personality. If he hadn't, Eli would probably be on his knees for him already.

"I can still ride the Triceratops. I'm 47-and-a-half inches." Gray said, breaking the awkwardness that was surrounding Eli.

Zach huffed, angry at Gray for ruining the moment between him and Eli. At least, he thought it was a moment. "This place is for little kids."

"Yeah, I know." Gray sighed as Eli put him back down on the ground, "wanna go on the spinning dinosaur eggs?"

Just as Eli was about to say yes, Zach cut him off, "nope. Cover up your dork pouch."

"Would you stop being such a--"

And once again, Eli was cut off by Zach, "scatter."

Eli looked at him confused, "what?"

"We're escaping the babysitter. Come on." Eli was still confused. Why were they leaving Zara? "Just trust me." When Eli still hadn't made a move to leave, Zach grabbed his hand and started tugging him. "Go. Run. Go!"

Eli's eyes widened and started running with them, well, it was more he was following Zach because the boy was holding his hand and it was making Eli's heart beat to fast for his liking. Besides, Gray looked more then excited as he started running and soon they were out of sight of Zara.

"The next T. rex feeding will begin in 10 minutes." An automated voice spoke over the speakers.

"T. rex! Come on, man! Come on!" Gray squealed happily.

"Okay. Let's go!" Zach agreed and started walking towards the T. rex pen.

Eli noticed that Zach still hadn't let go of his hand and he cleared his throat, loosening his fingers. "Uh, you can let go of my hand now."

Zach looked down at their hands but didn't make a move to let go and instead shrugged. "That's probably not a good idea. See this crowed? We wouldn't want you getting lost now, would we?"

The excuse was lame. Gray was running a head of them yet Zach didn't feel the need to hold his hand. His mind was in such a conflict. Hold hands with hot guy or pull hand away from the guy that's acting like a dick.

"Parents be aware, this show may be disturbing for smaller children."

Okay, so he decided that he should just hold hands with Zach. What's the worst that could happen? There was a very large crowed in the viewing area and Eli could hardly see above them all but what he did see made him cringe, the T. rex was eating a live goat. Eli looked away quickly, wanting to gag at the sight of all the blood. He really didn't know how the people around him were cheering it on and watching intently.

"Hey, you okay?" Zach asked, seeing the pale look on the boys face.

"Yeah. I'm just not good with blood." Eli replied, looking Zach in the eyes and... wow, he had really pretty eyes. Zach stared right back and Eli felt himself go into a daze. Why did Zach have to be so attractive? It wasn't fair on Eli's hormones.

The moment was broken when Zach's phone rang and the boy huffed, looking away and picked up his phone, seeing it was his mum. He was quick to answer because the quicker he got through the conversation, the quicker he could go back to staring at Eli, "Hey, mum... Yeah, I guess. Aunt Claire gave us passes, so we don't have to wait in line."

Eli snapped out of his daze and while Zach was distracted, he slipped his hand out and walked over towards Gray. Seriously what was this boy doing to him? He couldn't grow a crush on him. He just couldn't. He couldn't help himself from looking behind him and seeing Zach standing in the original spot, now off the phone and looking hurt that Eli had stopped holding his hand. Guilt filled Eli but he pushed it away. Now was not the time.

★ ★ ★

The three boys had moved away from the T. rex and went to the Mosasaurus Feeding Show. This was something that Eli was so excited for because unlike the T. rex, he wasn't gonna be shown a lot of blood. He'd seen videos of the Mosasaurus before and in his opinion it was one of the coolest dinosaurs ever. They were lucky to be vip otherwise they wouldn't have gotten a seat. The stadium was fully packed and Eli was squished between Zach and some stranger, though he paid no mind to that.

He stared ahead as the announcer moved forward and began speaking, "the Mosasaurus was thought to have hunted near the surface of the water where it could prey on anything it could sink its teeth into." Above the announcer, a great white shark is being moved to hang over the lagoon. "Okay folks, let's see if she's still hungry after already eating today. She's a little shy so be nice and give her a hand when she comes out."

Eli was nearly at the edge of his seat as he waited, he looked to the side but what he saw really made him upset. Zach was on his phone. His curiousness got the better of him and he looked at the screen, seeing what must have been his ex girlfriend texting him that she wanted to get back together. Eli nudged him quickly, "Zach, look up."

"Give me a second." Zach replied, texting back to the girl that they weren't getting back together.

He was going to miss it. Eli looked from Zach to where the great white shark was hanging. He couldn't let Zach miss this. He spoke quickly before thinking, "if you look up I'll kiss you!"

Zach's head whipped up quickly and Eli gently grabbed his chin. Zach was expecting a kiss but instead, Eli turned his head just in time for the Mosasaurus to jump out of the water and snap its teeth around he shark. Eli let go of Zach's chin and he clapped his hands with the crowed. The Mosasaurs fell back into the water, sending a massive splash into the area that Eli was sitting.

He was now soaked in water but he didn't care, continuing to clap. He looked back towards Zach, seeing the other boy smiling and looking like he couldn't believe what he just saw.

The bleachers began to move downwards. The movement shook Eli and he grabbed onto the Zach to steady himself. He avoided Zach's eyes as he remembered what exactly he said to get Zach to look up.

"Okay, hold on tight. We're going to give an even closer look at our Mosasaurus."

The bleachers stopped moving when they could see the dinosaur swimming underneath the water. The Mosasaur grabs the last of the Great-White shark, eating it whole then rapidly biting it.
"It has eighty-eight teeth." Gray said, excitedly.

"Hey, you wanna see something else cool?" Eli was surprised when that sentence came out of Zach's mouth. It seemed the Mosasaurs had put Zach in a better mood.

"Yeah!"

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio.

This was so fun to write. Zach and Eli are little cuties and I can't wait until they actually kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 2K 17
When 17 year old Anne Marshall arrives at the park and is able to talk to dinosaurs. Belle Marshall has always been close to Claire Dearing and Clair...
152K 3K 15
{I made this story awhile ago so I apologise in advance for any mistakes; grammer or facts} Y/N Grady and her Dad, Owen Grady live in Jurassic World...
251K 5.9K 18
In which a girl who has the ability to communicate with dinosaurs falls for her best friend's nephew, while trying to save thousands of lives from th...