★ | 002. sour mood

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 2: Sour Mood
Word Count: 1051

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic WorldChapter 2: Sour MoodWord Count: 1051

Eli was walking up the steps of the Innovation centre. Gray had a hold of Eli's jacket and was pulling him along. It didn't bother him though, he was just as excited as Gray. "Come on!" Gray yelled at Zach and Zara, the two of them walking behind and not looking excited at all.

Zach simply rolled his eyes at his little brother, "dude, chill."

Eli tried not to let Zach's mood get on his nerves. The teenager was acting so sour and like being here was a waste of his time. Eli didn't know how anyone couldn't find all this amazing. It was like a once in a lifetime opportunity for Eli.

"Welcome to the Innovation Center, where technology meets prehistory. Join us on an exciting journey 65 million years into the past." The robotic voice said over the speakers.

Eli and Gray froze in their step, looking around the room in amazement. "Wow." Was all Eli could manage to utter.

In the center of the lobby was a holographic platform, currently displaying a life-size projection of an Apatosaurus. It made Eli's eyes go wide with excitement. He didn't even notice when Zach had stepped up beside him and said, "this is so lame huh?" With a smirk.

Zach definitely wasn't expecting for Eli to turn and glare at him. "Actually it's awesome. You're the one being lame." He mumbled the last part but Zach still heard him. He had always been a little defensive about this. People used to bully him about it and it caused him to move schools. He had found friends at the new school that helped him come out of his shell and not hide his love for it anymore.

He walked away from Zach and towards the Apatosaurus. It roared loudly when he stopped in front of it and it made Eli forget about Zach. Like he said, he wasn't going to let Zach bring down his mood.

He looked to his side to see Gray had rushed off to the DNA test screen and smiled, seeing the boy playing it excitedly. He walked up to the curly haired boy and when Gray saw him, he said quickly, "cytosine, guanine, adenine and thymine. The same four things in everything that ever lived."

Eli looked at him surprised, "I didn't think you'd be as smart as me." He said, nudging the boy to show he was joking.

Zach seemed to find them again, looking at them grumpily, "hey, don't wander off, all right? Mom's not paying me for babysitting."

Gray looked down at his shoes and Eli scoffed, crossing his arms and once again glaring. Zach saw the boys look and furrowed his eyebrows, "what did I do?"

Eli rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Gray, is that you?"

Eli turned around when he heard the young boys name being called. Claire was was easy to spot. With her bright coloured hair and all white outfit. She was descending the stairs with a phone held up to her ear.

"Aunt Claire!" Gray exclaimed excitedly, running towards his aunt.

She ended her phone call just as she stepped off the stairs. Gray was the first to reach her and as he did, he threw his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly. Eli snickered when Claire looked taken a back and hugged him awkwardly. "Hi! Oh, oh, my gosh, you're so-- you're so sweet!"

Gray pulled back from the hug and she looked at the other Mitchell boy who wasn't going to give her a hug, "Whoa, Zach! Last time I saw you, you were like..." she held a hand up that was roughly Gray's height, "That must've been, what? Three, four years ago?"

"Uh, seven. Seven years. But, you know, close." Zach said back, making Claire look away awkwardly.

"It's good to see you again Eli. How are your parents?" She asked the British boy, trying to clear away the awkwardness in the air.

"There good." Eli nodded. He didn't know Claire all that well. Only that she was friends with his parents and that was about it. He was never good at small talk.

Seeing as she wasn't going to get anything else out of him, she changed the subject, "so I see you already got your wristbands and this is for food. You have one as well Eli." She handed over two envelopes, one to Zach and Gray and the other to Eli. It surprised him. He didn't know that he was getting free food. He smile brightly and thanked her. "And Zara here is going to take great care of you until I'm doing working tonight, okay?"

Unlike Eli, Zach and Gray would be leaving with Claire at the end of the day and Eli would be staying with Zara. That's what he thought anyway. He looked behind him and saw her, texting on her phone, not looking interested in what Claire was saying.

Gray suddenly frowned, "you're not coming with us?"

"Oh, um, I really wish that I could, but tomorrow I can take you into the control room, show you behind the scenes and all of that. That's... that's gonna be cool, right?"

"Can Eli come?" Gray asked, standing closer to him then his brother.

"Of course he can." Claire said, making Eli smile just as Claire's phone started to ring. "Okay, so I will see you tonight at, uh..." She paused for a moment to think,"...uh, six."

Zara quickly stepped forward, "no, no, don't forget you have the..."

Claire nodded her head in realisation. "Right, of course. I will see you tonight at eight. What time do you go to sleep? Or, or, do you go to sleep at different times?" The two Mitchell boys stayed quiet and looked at their aunt with raised eyebrows. It didn't seem to bother her as her phone rang again. "Okay, so, um, have fun. And take very good care of them." She said the last part to Zara. She walked away and answered her phone, leaving the three boys with Zara.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

Hope you enjoyed another short chapter.