★ | 008. use the raptors

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 8: Use The Raptors
Word Count: 2040

Eli sped walked down one of the safer part of the parks walk ways with the others

Eli sped walked down one of the safer part of the parks walk ways with the others. He didn't know exactly where they were going as Owen nor Claire told them.

"Lowery, I'm on my way back to you." Claire spoke quickly into her phone. Her face slowly morphed into confusion. "What do you mean use the Raptors?"

Owen seemed to know exactly what she was talking about and seethed in anger, "son of a bitch!" Helicopters flew above them, heading towards the danger zone.

"You shouldn't say bitch." Gray spoke but no one was listening. Eli looked behind him as he heard a thump. The gates that were holding back the dangerous creatures was about to be shoved open.

"Take the kids. Get them someplace safe." Owen yelled above the screaming people. Loud bangs were heard and the doors flew open, more people and pterodactyls flew through.

The five ran towards the car that was parked and jumped in. Eli's heart thumped as he leaned forward with Zach and Gray in the back seat. "You got this!"

"Go faster! Damn it, drive!" Zach yelled at Owen. Owen was reversing quickly down the road, avoiding all the people that were running around like mad man for their lives. He saw a gape and swung the steering wheel to the left, making the jeep screech into the gap.

"This does not feel safe." Zach said as they watched everyone run by.

"Can we stay with you?" Gray's scared voice spoke out, eyes trailed ahead.

"I am never leaving you as long as you live." Claire turned around, eyes determined as she looked the three of them over.

"No, him." The three in the back gestured towards Owen, who seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Claire furrowed her eyebrows offended. "Yeah, definitely him."

★ ★ ★

Eli looked out the front window as they pulled to a stop. Owen had told them he was taking them to the raptor enclosure. Any other day, Eli would be jumping out of his seat in joy, though right now, he wanted to be as far away from any carnivore as possible.

Owen and Claire got out of the car, Owen speed walking towards a man who looked smug, "the mother hen has finally arrived — "

He didn't get to finish what he was saying before Owen's fist launched forward and connected with his jaw, "get the hell out of here and stay away from my animals." Eli gaped in amazement.

Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire snapped at him.

"Jesus!" Hoskins exclaimed, holding his jaw in pain. "How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?"