★ | 006. not the time

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 6: Not The Time
Word Count: 1451

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic WorldChapter 6: Not The TimeWord Count: 1451

Eli had ended up discarding his jacket. The wetness was making him to cold and it weighed him down. It felt like they had been walking through these woods for hours. His feet were sore and his throat hurt but he pushed aside those feelings. Now was not the time to be complaining. Not when there was dinosaurs around that would be more then happy eating them.

He was stopped suddenly when Gray stopped, the younger boy bending down and picking up a helmet that had a crack in it, blood splattered over the top. Eli gulped. Looks like that guy wasn't as lucky as they were.

He lifted his head, his eyes spotting an abounded car ahead and his body filled with hope. Zach seemed to see it to and lifted out his arms, blocking Gray and Eli from walking any further, "stay here."

Splitting up seemed like the worst thing to do, even if it was just a few meters. "We stick together." Eli said and to prove his point, he grabbed onto one of Zach's hands, Gray grabbing onto the other one.

Zach looked at him, seeming to agree with him and squeezed both his and his little brothers hands as they continued to walk forward. The closer they got, the clearer it was that the car was a wreck and wouldn't be running any time soon. Eli sighed heavily, the hope leaving his body after that.

Suddenly, Zach was walking again and Eli turned, his eyes widened as he saw a set of doors, hidden behind the bushes and roots. It looked to be a small building. Eli honestly didn't know if he was hallucinating or not but if Gray and Zach could see it to, it must've meant he wasn't, right?

There was a few small steps that led up to the doors and as they reached them, Zach leaned forward, pushing them open with his free hand, making a loud creaking noise to be heard.

Eli jumped in closer to Zach in fear, his head snapping behind them to see if anything had heard them and was now coming. The other two were more focused on the inside of the building, Gray even whispering a small, "wow," as he looked around.

Eli carefully moved forward as there wasn't much light and he didn't want to trip over anything. As they got further inside Zach spotted something on the ground and leaned down to pick it up. It was a small bone, from which dinosaur, he didn't know.

"Wait, what is that?" Eli questioned quietly, looking at what was under the bone. It was a banner.

Zach's face brightened with an idea as he leaned down and picked up the banner before looking at Gray, "you still have those matches?"

Gray held a small smile, his hands going down to his fanny pack and unzipping it, picking out the pack of matches. "Here you go."