★ | 001. welcome to jurassic world

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic World
Chapter 1: Welcome To Jurassic World
Word Count: 1190

Book: Scream And Shout, Jurassic WorldChapter 1: Welcome To Jurassic WorldWord Count: 1190

Eli couldn't actually believe where he was standing. People were crowded all around him. Pushing and shoving to get a good view. Eli was on a boat. A massive one. One that was taking him to a place he had only dreamed about. Jurassic World. Ever since the park had first opened, Eli had wanted nothing more than to be lucky enough to actually go. His parents had saved up enough money for a ticket for him for his birthday.

They were only able to save up enough money for one ticket though, so Eli found himself standing alone on the ship. Once he docked he would be meeting up with a tour guide. His mum was friends with a lady named Claire and Claire is the park operations manager, so she was kind enough to give him a guide free of charge.

When the island came into view, Eli felt his heart speed up with absolute excitement, even from a distance it looked amazing. He couldn't wait to just see the dinosaurs already. He was a total nerd for them. He had read about them and studied them all his life. His friends would always tease him about it.

The ship finally docked and Eli held onto his backpack and suitcase tightly as he pushed through the excited people and hoped he didn't get knocked over. Everyone was in a rush to get off and weren't watching we're they were going. Eli pulled his hoodie back off his face slightly so he could see out of the corner of his eye and stepped down the ramp, careful not to bump into anyone. Once he was finally fully off the ship and onto the dock, he squinted his eyes, the blaring sun burning bright. He lifted up his hand and blocked the sun out, trying to find his guide who was supposed to be meeting him here.

He started to walk ahead as he saw a lady in a pant suit, holding up two black signs. One saying ZACH and GRAY MITCHELL and the other saying ELI MOORE. He walked up to the black haired lady with a giddy smile on his face. "Hey. I'm Eli."

He held out his hand to shake hers and she did with a smile on her lips. "Hello. I'm Zara. Your guide for your trip." She spoke in a British accent, similar to Eli's.

Eli then focused on the fact that she wasn't just holding a sign for him but for someone else as well... or two other people. "Um, who are Zach and Gray?" He asked curiously. He hadn't been told about anyone else being in the guide with him. Though the thought of having other people with him and Zara just made the teenager even more excited.

"Their Claire's nephews. They should be here any second." That was all the information Zara had been given from her boss. Eli nodded his head and bounced on the balls of his feet, waiting not so patiently for the two other boys that were supposed to arrive. He scanned his eyes across the crowed, landing on two boys that had their eyes zeroed in on Zara and were walking towards them. One looked young and the other looked to be around Eli's age. Eli had to admit, the one that looked around his age was pretty hot.

Introductions were pretty quick. As the older one, Zach, had been very focused on his phone and the younger one, Gray, was upset because it wasn't his aunt Claire that had picked them up. Zach walked ahead of them and Gray and Eli walked next to each other, quickly starting a conversation about the dinosaurs. Eli was impressed by how smart Gray was. Though at Gray's age, Eli was exactly the same.

Once on the monorail, Gray had run ahead of them and stood at the very front, looking out the window. Eli took that opportunity to sit next to Zach and talk to the boy who was still looking at his phone. Eli couldn't help himself and looked down at what was so interesting and all he saw were a bunch of texts from a girl (judging by the name of the contact) saying how much she missed him. Zach hadn't replied to any and had an unhappy look on his face. Eli blurted out the first thing he thought of, "girl troubles?" and instantly regretted it.

Zach turned his head to him, looking surprised as he was paying any attention to the other person there but now he had, he was happy. He smirked at the other boy, "I'm breaking up with her. So, I'm single." Eli nodded his head and looked forward. "What about you?"

Eli looked back at him confused. "What about me what?"

"Girl problems?" Zach asked with a raise of his eyebrow, still sporting the same smirk and Eli honestly didn't know what to make of it. He was never good with picking up signals from other guys.

"I never have girl problems... 'cause I'm gay so..." He said awkwardly. He had never hidden his sexuality but talking with attractive guys always made his mind go blank. Hearing people gasp in excitement made Eli lose focus on the boy next to him and jump up, running to the front of the monorail and standing next to Gray. Zach felt a buzz from the phone in his pocket but didn't look at it. He kept his eyes on the boy ahead. Maybe the trip wouldn't be such a bummer after all.

They were all soon at the rooms they were staying in. Zach and Grey, sharing one of course and Eli's was a little more down the hall. He didn't take much notice of the room. He only wanted to sleep in it. He wanted to be around the dinosaurs for as long as he could.

Eli put his bags down and walked back out his room, going over to Zach and Grey's and walking in just as Zara said, "your aunt arranged to greet you at 1:00." She looked towards the younger Mitchell who was bouncing around the room and huffed, "can he slow down?"

"Nope." Zach mumbled, jumping onto the bed and lying back.

"Your aunt's got you VIP access, so you can get in all the rides without waiting in line. You have it as well Eli." Zara informed, making Eli shake in excitement.

"Let's go." Grey exclaimed, running over to the balcony. Eli followed behind and his breath caught in his throat. The view looked absolutely amazing. He really felt like he was in a dream right now.

"Dude, she said we had to wait." Zach groaned at his little brother, annoyed.

"I don't wanna wait anymore."

Eli couldn't agree with the boy more.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

A short chapter but most of the chapters will probably be short because I want enough chapters in this book.