Her Redeemed Destiny

By Mintessla

Book Two in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And when the past becomes present; the cost of war is blood.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫... More

Introduction
• Copyright •
• Epigraph - Part I •
• Chapter One •
• Epigraph - Part II •
• Chapter Two •
• Epigraph - Part III •
• Chapter Three •
• Epigraph - Part IV •
• Chapter Four •
• Epigraph - Part V •
• Chapter Five •
• Epigraph - Part VI •
• Chapter Six •
• Epigraph - Part VII •
• Chapter Seven •
• Epigraph - Part VIII •
• Chapter Eight •
• Epigraph - Part IX •
• Chapter Nine •
• Epigraph - Part X •
• Chapter Ten •
• Epigraph - Part XI •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Epigraph - Part XII •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Epigraph - Part XIII •
• Epigraph - Part XIV •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Epigraph - Part XV •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVI •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVII •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Epigraph - Part XVIII •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIX•
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Epigraph - Part XX•
• Chapter Twenty •
• Epigraph - Part XXI•
• Chapter Twenty One •
• Epigraph - Part XXII•
• Epilogue •
Thank you
Q & A
• Reviews •
The Third Book ...

• Chapter Thirteen •

5.2K 400 156
By Mintessla

"When is the time of change?"        

One Week Later 

"My brothers, our journey has not been easy nor has it been pleasant. We have suffered through a loss that should have served as our death - and yet we survived it. The warriors that we lost will never be forgotten, their spirits live within us, and for it we are gathered together today." 

Leon's voice rung like thunder over the clearing. The warriors were neatly assembled, their faces masks against the past, and it was this day that they knew a past would be lived and overcome. Reeve sat among them beside Cassius, and it was almost like she was there on that fateful day - she lived it with them but miles away. 

"The Moon Goddess has chosen to test our strength and I believe we have executed. Despite the cracks, we didn't slip through, and our reward has been prosperous. We gained something that our enemy tried to steal from us - my brother - as they sought to destroy my heritage because of our strength, but they have not succeeded. 

Leroy is the true Alpha of Aloysius Pack; a name that is for our strength. And with Leroy, five brave warriors have joined us. For this day, we are gathered to officially initiate them into our pack. My brother's protectors, will you please come forth and kneel?" 

The five roguish men stiffly stood from their chairs and walked to the front of the crowd with their shoulders tersely held with honor. The atmosphere was formally tense yet there was a deep pride that lingered - a taste of greatness ready to be acknowledged. Leon gestured to the five men and they instantly dropped to their knees before him, bowing their heads. 

"These men have laid their lives down for my brother," Leon spoke, his Beta appearing behind him with a dagger, "When Leroy was in danger, they protected him from the death that was waiting, and I am eternally grateful; Aloysius Pack thanks you." 

Leon moved in front of West - the first in line - taking the dagger in his hand, "As a former Beta, you have proven your loyalty despite exile. West, as Alpha of Aloysius Pack, I offer you a position in my pack - which can be earned through trial. If you accept, extend your palm and proceed to give an oath by blood." 

West didn't hesitate as he extended his hand and Leon quickly slipped the blade through his palm. Scarlet blood dribbled through West's fingers as he clenched his fist and stood, placing his blood over his heart. West and Leon stared at each other. 

West took a deep breath, "With this blood, I pledge my life to you. I accept you as my Alpha and my loyalty is yours until the last breath leaves my body. If this oath be broken, let death be the punishment." 

Leon accepted the oath and West turned to face the warriors with regal pride as Leon moved onto the next. The initiation went similarly through the men who protected Leroy - Emmett, Oliver, Seamus and Pepper. Leon sliced their palms and they spoke the oath sealed in blood. 

Finally, with the five men accepted into the pack, Leon turned to the pack once again. It was time. The dawn of a true Alpha was upon them. "My brother, will you please come forth?" 

Leroy rose from his seat and moved forward. The two Alpha's stood face to face, their similar appearances striking, and then Leroy lowered to his knees. The entire pack held their breath - a moment in history beckoning. 

"In the absence of our true Alpha, I was the one to lead you all. The experience has honored me but the time has come for Leroy to take his place. Traditionally, two Alpha's would dual for the position, but because I am not a true Alpha, the title can be respectfully passed," Leon paused, slicing his palm, "Leroy, with this blood, my wolf and I give you right of Alpha. I will resume the position of an Enforcer, since it is my blood. My loyalty has always been yours. Although you can chose whoever you wish, my Beta and Gamma would be honored to serve you. Do you accept?" 

Leroy rose to his feet, slicing his own palm with the dagger, and then the two joined their blood, "I accept.

"I know you will lead us well." Leon spoke quietly - only so Leroy could hear - and then he lowered to his knees before the new Alpha. Leroy was speechless for a moment but he quickly regained composure.

"I would be honored to have you as my Enforcer, and your Beta and Gamma as my own." Leroy smiled, the first break in the formality, and he turned to face his pack, "As my brother has done, I promise to lead you with justice. I know that my absence has taken its toll but I intend to fix it. We may not stand in numbers but we stand in honor. I promise that you shall have your revenge for what has been done wrongly. Tonight, we will run. In honor of our strength, in honor of the Moon Goddess and what she has done for us." 

The warriors stood from their chairs - Reeve with them - and Leon stepped forward, raising Leroy's arm, "Brothers and sisters ... Alpha Leroy!" 

And just like that, the pack erupted in cheers. The day was made in history. They accepted a new Alpha, an extraordinary Alpha stepping down, and things were finally how they should be. 

The time had finally come. 

"What? What do you mean .. he can't?" 

Asher sighed, "Reeve, there's something we haven't told you." 

Reeve glanced around the porch, her eyes wide, and Cassius stood off to the side with a sheepish smile that lingered in a bitter secret. The sun was quickly descending from the sky and the warriors were waiting in the yard, welcoming the newly initiated members in their own way. 

"Don't understand," Reeve shook her head, "What is wrong?" 

Cassius heaved a heavy sigh, casting a look to Asher, and Leon glanced out to the warriors uncertainly. They were waiting to begin the ceremonial run under the moon, yet not everyone could be given the honor.

"I can't go because of wolf gone," Reeve said, shrugging, "Why can't you?" 

"I didn't want you to think of me differently, Reeve," Cassius began, realizing the truth had to be told, and his eyes suddenly grew dull, "I knew that it would come out eventually, I just wanted to prolong it." 

Reeve almost flinched at the sorrow radiating off the Gamma. It was never him. "Tell me. Please." 

Cassius motioned at his brothers, "You guys go ahead. I can tell her." 

"Are you sure?" Asher laid a hand on the Gamma's shoulder. 

"Yeah, go." Cassius shrugged and walked into the house. 

Reeve was confused, searching for an explanation from anyone. Her eyes sought answers but the guys left the porch slowly with downcast eyes. They knew and the burden of it was not only Cassius' pain. Leon paused on the bottom step, casting her a glance that could not be described with words. 

"Just don't freak out on him, Reeve," Leon said, "He's been through a lot, and he hates it himself." 

Leon left. A howl erupted from the pack, and as if it were a signal, the group of wolves bolted into the shadow laden woods with hearts soaring - leaving behind a breaking. 

Reeve watched them go, her soul longing to join, but then she sighed and turned to find Cassius. She needed answers. She found Cassius sitting on the couch, his hands clasped in anticipation, his face sullen with despair. 

"Reeve, I'm not like the others," He spoke as soon as Reeve took a seat beside him, "My father was a werewolf, an Adviser in a pack out North, but on a business trip he ran into his mate. She was beautiful with a warm heart," He smiled a little, "They lived happily for about a year, but then I was born and my father disappeared. I didn't understand it until I turned fourteen and then these strange things started happening to me. 

My entire eighth grade class made fun of me because I could hear a conversation in the next room. I was bullied through out high school until I graduated. My mother never said anything to me. She just picked up our life one day and brought me here. I made great friends with Leon and the others, and eventually they told me what I was." 

Reeve titled her head when he stopped talking, "What are you?" 

"You see," He sighed, his eyes glistening, "My father was a werewolf but my mother ... well, she was a human," Reeve's eyes widened, "I'm a Half-Blood. I am neither werewolf nor human and such things come with a cost." 

Cassius wiped away a stray tear, "I don't have a wolf, Reeve. That's why I can't go tonight. I was given all the abilities of a werewolf but that part of my soul. It feels like a curse, like the Moon Goddess thinks its funny to keep something so precious from me." Reeve touched his arm, trying to comfort him, but he shook his head. 

"I feel so empty. So hollow. I would give anything to have a wolf. I wake up everyday wishing for a miracle. I try to keep it all hidden so the others don't think I'm weak. Half-blood's are a disgrace to werewolves... other packs kill us... and yet I'm the Gamma of one. How ironic, right? Its like I don't deserve it - like I disgrace the title.

My mother was always my lifeline. She understood and she never judged - but then she was taken away from me, too. I watched her die,  right in my arms. No matter how much I begged, the Moon Goddess ignored me. My mother took her final breath, and to this day, I believe a part of me died with her. I just feel like I'm the odd one out, you know? As if I don't really belong to the humans or the wolves. I'm just an outcast that nobody wants." 

Cassius hung his head in his hands and a broken sob escaped him; something so out of his usual personality that Reeve felt her heart throbbing painfully. His bitter tears slid down his cheeks and Reeve's own eyes became teary. The grief was crushing. Reeve couldn't resist wrapping her arms around him.

He never really talked to anyone about his feelings, he always masked it with humor, and he felt so vulnerable telling Reeve. Yet, she didn't judge, she just accepted. He couldn't hold everything inside anymore and he leaned into Reeve's shoulder, crying every shard of glass from his soul. There nothing left to hide. 

"Its okay," Reeve eventually soothed, "I know pain. My wolf was gone for while, too, and it hurt. You always seem so happy - wouldn't have guessed you tormented like this. But, you found home. My Alpha accepts you - I accept you - and the others do, too." 

Cassius sniffled, "Thanks, Reeve. Your broken english gets me everytime." 

But Reeve wasn't done, "You are .. not weak. Stronger than anyone here. You part human but act like wolf. You live with wolves but part human. You lost but you found. But, best part is, you saved me. I wanted death but you came into my life. I've .. never had friend - true friend. You are first. I would be still broken without you, you gave me meaningful life. I thank you - but I want you to know it, too. 

Life is hard. It hurts. But only strongest can survive. You are rock. Everyone's rock. They look up to you, you are symbol of strength. Don't see it but I see it. Just like Kota sees with me. You don't have to .. hide everything. Family is for support - you let them support you? I am here for you - always. Cassius, you are our hearts - you stop beating .. we all do. Hear me?" 

He couldn't help but smile through the tears, a genuine smile that lit up his clouded green eyes. He had never heard Reeve speak so much, let alone with such truthful and meaningful words. She was really trying her best to console him and he wasn't ashamed to admit that it was working. 

He squeezed her, "You remind me of my mother. Thank you, Reeve." 

And for the first time, he didn't feel so alone anymore. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

Holy shit. 

Once Cassius started crying, so did I. 

I wasn't planning on putting in that second half of the chapter... but then Cassius decided it was time to unveil his little secret and I just let the words go ... *shrugs* 

Now you all finally know about Cassius, does it surprise you? 

Also, I went through my first serious job interview last Wednesday and I got the job today! *throws confetti and glitter* 

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

--  2235 words --

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 7.4K 134
Hey Guys!!! This is Book 2 of my Realize series. If you haven't read the first book yet, I highly recommend that you do to avoid any confusion. But...
29.7K 2.8K 38
A Spin-Off [Book 6] from Her Destiny Series ||| ❝She never wanted it and yet she was forced to carry the burden.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ She was shunned by...
271K 14.3K 43
DEFINITELY YOUR ATYPICAL STORY, JUST A HEADS UP -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:- She was a goddess, they were her worhshipers, and they ruled the wood Her...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...