The Trials and Tribulations o...

By babyblu96

Now that her and Lucas are together, the real struggle begins. More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thiry-Six

Chapter Twenty-Eight

646 47 7
By babyblu96

Today felt like a good day for some reason. Everything just seemed to be falling into place. I woke up extra early and managed to clean up the house and even make breakfast. I knew Lucas would be nervous to meet with my dad so I thought making him breakfast would help ease his mind.

Since I didn't have to be in the shop until ten I was just chilling around the house. I really enjoyed late days because then I didn't have to jump out of bed trying to get dressed in a hurry. And knowing me I can never get dressed on time. It usually took me thirty minutes to find something to wear and that's after I have picked out my outfit the night before. I can never make up my mind sometimes.

I poured both of us a glass of orange juice and headed upstairs to see how far Lucas had gotten. His meeting was at nine so he had to be out in the next thirty minutes. When I made upstairs I found him in the bathroom tying his blue tie while sighing.

"That's the third tie you have tried on," I said leaning in the doorway.

He sighed once again leaning on the sink. "This meeting means everything. If it doesn't go well then I could lose everything I worked so hard to get."

I walked into the bathroom sitting the orange juice down on the sink. I pulled him up turning him around to face me where my back was to the sink now. "Stop worrying my dad wouldn't have taken the meeting if he wasn't interested in what you have to say."

"He only agreed because of you, maybe you should come and be there just in case."

I untied his current tie and took it off and then replaced it with the black tie he had on first. "My dad likes to keep things simple plus this one looks good with your suit. Secondly, I will not be going with you because I have to work and besides you got this."

"I'm not so sure about that."

I finished up tying his tie and then brought his face to mine, "I told my dad that I believed in you and now it's time you believed in yourself. You've come so far don't panic now my love."

"What would I do without you?"

"Honestly I don't know," I said smiling. He bent down kissing me hard while grabbing me by the hips pulling me to him. Before I got caught up in the kiss and feeling how excited he was getting I pushed back letting in some much needed air.

"You should get to work."

"I can be a little late," he said kissing my neck in my favorite spot.

I laughed hesitantly pushing him away. "Not when it's my dad waiting. If you impress him and bring home some good news then you can do whatever you want, how ever you want with me all night."

"All night?"

I nodded smiling. "All night."

"Okay you got a deal." He kissed me then walked out of the bathroom to go to finish getting ready. Outside I was confident about what my dad would say but inside I knew how tough my dad could be. If even a single thing was out of place or didn't add up, he would point it out or even walk away period. My dad was a tough man to please. But if Lucas could manage to get him to take a chance on him, my dad would be loyal. We just needed my dad to give Lucas a chance.

Throughout the day I have been constantly worried about Lucas and the meeting with my dad. Lucas hadn't called me to tell me anything so I didn't know what was happening. And because of my worrying I had fell behind on my duties. So now I was stuck late trying to get Blair's cousin's wedding cake together. I had gotten the cakes cooked and cooled so now I could start decorating it to her liking. The sooner I got this done the quicker I could go home.

As I was in the mist of icing the flowers around the bottom as in the picture she gave me when someone knocked on the front door. I hesitated a minute then went up front to see who it was. I was hoping for Lucas with some good news but instead I saw Lincoln. He was smiling wide and suddenly I realized I hadn't seen him in a while.

I opened the door still in shock to see him. "I thought you weren't gonna let an old friend in," he said looking around the shop.

"Just surprised to see you here that's all."

"Well since I hadn't heard from you in a while I thought I would stop by and see how you were doing."

"As a matter of fact everything seems to be getting back on track."

"Even where your marriage is concerned?"

I frowned walking back to the kitchen to finish the cake. "Especially where that is concerned."

"It didn't look like it the last time I saw you."

"Well a lot of things have changed." I could feel the tension in the room and it was getting thicker by the minute. I had never felt this way about Lincoln before but right now I wanted him to be anywhere but here. I felt weird being around him all of sudden. I wanted to keep trying to be his friend but it was beginning to become a job doing that. I know I ran to him when things were rocky with Lucas and I appreciated that but now it was like he was holding that over my head. A friend would never do that. Not a good one at least.

"Oh really?"

I nodded, "Yep and we're even having a wedding."

"I thought you two were already married."

"We are but I want a wedding so we're having a wedding."

"So what you think having a wedding makes your marriage okay?"

I stopped what I was doing and slowly turned around to face him. "Excuse me? What the hell does that mean?"

"Well the last time it didn't seem like you two were on the same page so I thought maybe things wouldn't work out."

"Lucas is my husband Lincoln and nothing will change that."

"So what you're just going to keep letting him control you? I mean what is it, his money or the fact he bought this shop for you?"

I clenched my fist together desperately trying to keep my anger down. He was pushing all the wrong buttons right now. We were way past him being my friend. "So now I'm a gold digger for wanting to stay with my husband?"

"Hey I just call it like I see it," he said shrugging.

"And you know what I see?"

"What?"

"A jealous rejected man that's trying to stir up trouble because he didn't get the girl. And frankly you look stupid."

"And I see a dumb bitch that really believes her dirty husband loves her."

I shook my head not believing what was happening. "Lucas was right about you. You need to go."

"Now you're taking his side?"

"Yes, I am. Now like I said you need to go."

"Or what you'll call your husband on me?"

I smiled grabbing a knife close to me. "I don't need anyone to come save me, Jordan made sure of that." We stared each other down as if trying to see who budge first. All I know is I wasn't about to let him think he had the upper hand because he didn't. Jordan, when he joined the army, came back and taught both Brianna and I a few things to make sure we would always win if we were attacked. At first I didn't like it but I just did it so he would stop badgering me, but now it seemed to come in handy.

He eventually gave up laughing then turned to leave. Once he was fully out I let out some air that it was all over. I never thought things would get that way between us but here we were. I guess Lucas was right.

I pulled into the driveway sighing still thinking about what happened today. I laid my head on the stirring wheel trying to figure out if I should tell Lucas. I knew he would be pissed. He kept warning me about Lincoln and I didn't listen. I should've listened.

I got out and went inside to find the lights turned off and candles lining the floor. I looked around and saw the candles went deeper into the house so I followed. The candles led me to Lucas' office which still had me confused.

"Lucas!" if there were candles then Lucas had to be somewhere but he was nowhere to be found. I put my stuff down sighing.

"You called?" I turned around to see Lucas standing behind me with no shirt on.

"What's going on and where is your shirt?" he walked up to me pushing me against his desk and then lifted me on top of it stepping in between my legs. And still without talking he begin to kiss me on my neck instantly going for my spot.

"Not that I'm complaining but what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You promised me all night," he said still kissing my neck.

"That was if-" I pulled his face to see mine smiling. "My dad agreed?"

He nodded smiling. He then pulled off my shirt with no hesitation then laid me down on his desk. "And now it's time for you to pay up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306 78 110
It's the continuation of life is a hard journey.
146 8 4
As tragedy strikes Anna's family, she finds love.
39.9K 1.2K 27
Life isn't the greatest thing for Lucas and Riley, but one thing is for sure. The love between them is undeniable and its something that'll last an e...
4K 158 17
They were meant to be, until distance tore them apart. Now he's back, but new problems stand between them. All she wants is to be close...