Almost Lover (Harry Styles)...

By Posh777

Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who mak... More

Cast & Story Info
Chapter 1: This is what I was born to do
Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos
Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes
Chapter 4: No Harm Love
Chapter 5: Literally Frozen
Chapter 6: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter 8: Change Your Life
Chapter 9: Lover-Boy
Chapter 10: Wrecking Ball
Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s
Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover
Chapter 13: Sunday Brunch
Chapter 14: Friends
Chapter 15: "Goodbye London."
Chapter 16: Falling
Chapter 17: A Confession and A Wager
Chapter 18: Evening the Score
Chapter 19: Let Her Go
Chapter 20: "Stop Thinking."
Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."
Chapter 22: The Not So Great Escape
Chapter 23: Inspiration and Pub Brawls
Chapter 24: When I Was Your Man
Chapter 25: Karaoke and A Huge Step Forward
Chapter 26: Text Messages and Twitter Pics
Chapter 27: Soundcheck Revenge and CPR
Chapter 28: "We sort of have company."
Chapter 29: A Not So Good Start
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: Breakfast and....
Chapter 32: "It was bloody amazing."
Chapter 33: Toasts and Secrets
Chapter 34: "I Love Cereal."
Chapter 35: No Going Back
Chapter 36: "Tell me."
Chapter 37: "Keep going."
Chapter 38: She was Right
Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom
Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream
Chapter 41: Hiking
Chapter 42: "I dont know."
Chapter 43: The Plan
Chapter 44: Waiting
Chapter 45: "I want revenge."
Chapter 46: Heartbreak All Over Again
Chapter 47: "You know."
Chapter 48: "Over."
Chapter 49: Jokes Laughs and Racing Hearts
Chapter 50: Love Looking Back
Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 52: Fan-girling and Extra Pressure
Chapter 53: Lies and Bets
Chapter 54: Testing Testing
Chapter 55: To Do or Not to Do That is the Question.
Chapter 56: "Okay."
Chapter 57: "I'll stay with you every night."
Chapter 58: Halo
Chapter 59: Secret Plans
Chapter 60: Friday
Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."
Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."
Chapter 63: Estates Holdings and Threats
Chapter 64: Emotional
Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?
Chapter 66: Tweets
Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry
Chapter 68: Surprise After Surprise
Chapter 69: A Bad Day
Chapter 70: "I am afraid."
Chapter 71: Images
Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 73: "It's called love."
Chapter 74: A Night Out
Chapter 75: "I'm Yours."
Chapter 76: "I'll go get him."
Chapter 77: Wise Advice or a Drunken Rant?
Chapter 78: Signing Shopping and Sighing
Chapter 79: A Perfect Dress and A Decision?
Chapter 80: Girl's Night or Plans?
Chapter 81: "A french saying."
Chapter 82: A Secret
Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle
Chapter 84: Three Words
Chapter 85: "What did you do?"
Chapter 86: "Make me not feel anything."
Chapter 87: Heartbreak and a Text Message
Chapter 88: "Let me go."
Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride
Chapter 90: I can move on.
Sequel: All of Me

Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages

24.9K 645 58
By Posh777

-Ava's POV-

The bright sunlight streaming through my windows wakes me from my peaceful slumber. I had a not to innocent dream about a certain curly haired lad...

Lad?

The british lingo is rubbing off on me.

I blush to myself, recalling certain parts of the dream. I roll over to glance at my clock. 11:37am. Crap! I was supposed to be at work over 2 hours ago!!

Suddenly my bedroom door flies open, Poppy bursting in. "Ava McCain! YOU had sex last night!"

"What the hell Poppy! Can't you knock? I did NOT have sex last night."

"Liar! You have NEVER missed work before!"

"And me missing work means I must of had sex last night!" I sarcastically reply.

"Okay never mind about work! But I can tell by the look on your face you either had a proper bonk last night or you were just in here tossing off,"

I loudly groan, throwing my face into my pillow. "Poppy do you have no shame? Neither of those things happened. We were out late last night, and I was completely worn out. I accidentally overslept."

She shakes her head at me, sitting down on my bed. "How disappointing!" She sighs.

"Sorry to let you down, but nothing happened. Anyway, by the sounds coming from your room this morning, I think you had enough fun for the both of us"

"True. William did not disappoint... Was it William? It may have been Thomas..." She pushes the hair off her face. "Doesn't matter. Ava, I was so sure you finally had a proper go at it last night!"

"Why?"

"Well with the looks you were receiving last night, I was positive either Parker was taking you back to his, or Harry was going to show up at our flat."

"Please Poppy. Neither of them like me, and I've already told you, I don't want to be with anyone anyway."

"Ava, you can't even see what is right in front of your face. Parker is in love with you and if Harry isn't already, he will be soon enough. The looks those two were giving you last night would make any normal hot blooded woman drop her knickers immediately."

I throw my hands up in the air, "Okay, okay! Enough with the sex talk!"

"You should have kissed Harry last night!"

"Never gonna happen. Now do I still have a job?"

Sighing, Poppy gets up from my bed and heads toward the door. "This conversation isn't over, but yes you still have a job. I covered for your arse."

"Thanks Poppy!" I yell after her as she heads down the hallway.

I cannot believe I missed work today. Stupid Ava, stupid! I cannot lose that job, not until writing starts paying the bills. If it ever does...

When I moved here I had $150 in my pocket. Literally, that was it. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to get away. I needed a fresh start.

I bumped into Poppy right after I claimed my luggage at the airport. She had just said goodbye to her sister, who was moving to Italy with her boyfriend. We had exchanged quick apologies after smacking into one another, then both kept on walking.

I walked outside the airport, breathing fresh London air for the first time. Then it hit me like a brick wall, I had no idea what I was doing. I was suddenly scared. I took my cash out of my pocket and counted it, and then recounted it again. I pulled my map out of my backpack, trying to figure out where the heck I was going. No such luck. I remember putting my head back and taking several deep breathes. While doing so, I was knocked into by someone passing by, and my bag fell over. Of course the seam broke and my things went all over the ground. As I knelt down to gather my things, I lost it. I just started crying right there in front of the entrance to Heathrow.

As I finished packing up my belongings, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I looked up to find the girl I had ran into. I hadn't realized she had been standing off to my right, watching me.

I forced a smile, "Yeah, please excuse my minor meltdown."

She leaned down to pick up my map that had also fallen to the ground. Handing it back to me, she gave me a smile. "American?"

"Yes, my first time in London."

"Where are you headed? I can point you in the right direction."

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

She looked confused, "Well do you have family or friends here? I can look them up for you."

"No, I have no one. I really appreciate your offer though."

My situation seems to register in her head. Her smile turns sad.

"Poppy!" A young man called to the girl next to me, jogging up to meet her. "You ready? I left the meter running so we really should push on."

"Yes." She turned to me, her smile no longer sad. "Finn this is my friend, she just arrived from the States. I told her we would take her out to dinner. Give her a proper London welcome."

Finn gives me a grin. "Splendid! Lovely to meet you..."

"Ava, my names Ava." I responded. "And I really don't want to put you guys out."

"Nonsense! We are taking you out for dinner and that'll be the end of it. Now give me your bags, and I'll put them in the boot." Finn said, taking my bags from me.

Following Finn to his car, Poppy and I walked next to each other.

"Nice to meet you Ava." She whispered.

"Nice to meet you Poppy" I whispered back.

That was it, from then on we were best friends. We just clicked.

That evening at dinner I told them everything. They were so understanding and just wonderful. That very night I moved in with Poppy, taking the room her sister had vacated earlier that day.

Three days later she got me a job at the boutique she worked at. Three weeks later she found my sheet music and made me play for her. And two months after that she finally convinced me to play at the bar. I owe her so much.

I smile at the memory, walking over to the dresser to pull out my clothes for the day.

Walking out of my bedroom and down the hallway I find Poppy standing at the stove, making Mac and cheese. I grab her into a tight hug, before setting myself down at the table.

Poppy laughs. "What was that for?"

"Everything."

"If you really want to thank me you'll let me introduce you to my friend, Oliver. He's abso-"

"Poppy please." I cut her off.

My phone beeps in my back pocket, alerting me that I have a new text message. I pull it out, glancing at the screen.

Unknown Number

1 New Text Message

Weird, wonder who that is....

~Heeey Ava. Hope you are well. When is the next time you will be playing at the bar? -H

H?...... Harry! My heart is trying to beat itself right out of my chest. Calm down Ava.

To Harry: Hey. I'm doing well, thank u. I'm playing tomorrow evening then again on Friday.

I retype my text several times before deciding to just send it already. I immediately see he is writing back.

~Great! I talked to the lads and all our schedules are open Thursday and Friday, so it looks like I'll be seeing you Friday. -H

To Harry: That sounds great! Please warn them I may pass out on stage from the extra pressure. Lol

~Rubbish! You'll do fiiiine. They are looking forward to it. I am as well. See you Friday Ava. -H xx

To Harry: See you then :)

Wow, I just had a text convo with Harry Styles. How many people can say that?!

And One freaking Direction is coming to hear my music on Friday night! In just 3 days!

Shit I'm so not prepared for this.

"Poppy!" I yell, forgetting she's in the same room. I startle her, making her jump. Which results in the omelet she was currently flipping ending up all over the floor.

"Bloody hell Ava! What is it?!"

"One Direction is coming to my show on Friday!" I can't help jumping up from my seat and doing a little happy dance.

"Are you kidding?!" Poppy's eyes are about to fall out of her head.

"No!!" I can't contain my excitement, jumping up and down. Wow I really am a twelve year old fan girl. And right now, I am SO okay with that!

I calm myself down, and lean over to begin cleaning up the omelet mess off the kitchen floor.

"Ava, leave it!" Poppy pulls me up and starts pushing me to my bedroom. "We must get you the most cracking dress! Grab your bag, we are going shopping!"

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! It only takes a second and it would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 14.7K 22
A few times- or at least once in your life, you'll find yourself in a situation where a certain someone catches your eye- yet, you never seem to catc...
1.1K 64 14
*****SEQUEL TO LIVING WITH LOUIS***** ****READ LIVING WITH LOUIS OR THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL**** Hannah and Louis are getting serious. They are...
19.5M 476K 104
What happened to me is something I could never have dreamed up in my wildest imagination. I mean, no one really wakes up in the morning and expects t...
144K 1.6K 43
Blake was your typical average girl. Until she meets Harry Styles of course. Blake has trust issues for all the right reasons. Can Harry break throug...