The Memoriam Files: Minds [ED...

Unlock-Your-Mind ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

" š‘»š’‰š’† š‘ŗš’„š’š’“š’„š’‰ š’˜š’Šš’š’ š’•š’š’“š’•š’–š’“š’† š’•š’‰š’†š’Šš’“ š’Žš’Šš’š’…š’”." š“š‡š„š˜ should have been free. They sh... ą¤…ą¤§ą¤æą¤•

š™¼š™øš™½š™³šš‚
š™æš™»š™°ššˆš™»š™øšš‚ššƒ
| šš™šš›šš˜šš•šš˜ššššžššŽ
| ššŒšš‘ššŠšš™ššššŽšš› šŸ·
| ššŒšš‘ššŠšš™ššššŽšš› šŸø
| Chapter 4, Joining forces
| Chapter 5, Dream landscape
| Chapter 6, Through the Flat Trans
| Chapter 7, The tunnel
| Chapter 8, Scorch and trials
| Chapter 9, Tattoos
| Chapter 10, Two strangers
| Chapter 11, Sisters
| Chapter 12, Possessed
| Chapter 13, Dust and sand
| Chapter 14, Memories
| Chapter 15, Lightning and thunder
| Chapter 16, Calm after the storm
| Chapter 17, Jorge and his Cranks
| Chapter 18, A deal
| Chapter 19, Seperated
| Chapter 21, Lost souls
| Chapter 22, Let's hurt tonight
| Chapter 23, Monsters and humans
| Chapter 24, Rose took my nose
| Chapter 25, The killer inside
| Chapter 26, A friend
| Chapter 27, Alive
| Chapter 28, The real leader
| Chapter 29, Invitation
| Chapter 30, Party with the Gone
| Chapter 31, Rescued
| Chapter 32, Young Gods
| Chapter 33, The journey continues
| Chapter 34, Group B
| Chapter 35, Fallen Angel
| Chapter 36, The last few miles
| Chapter 37, Awaiting the storm
| Chapter 38, Fighting the odds
| Chapter 39, Bleeding out
| Chapter 40, Goodbye
Word of thanks!

| Chapter 20, Fighting monsters, battling demons

144 12 2
Unlock-Your-Mind ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

|Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

|Song: Monster, Skillet

|||

Dawn's P.O.V.

It was getting dark and with the dark appearing so did the frown on Jorge's face. He kept on mumbling and looking around. His eyes glowing like those of a cat, searching the surroundings. I could tell he was growing nervous. And it didn't help me much either.

I wasn't focused on the things around me and just kept on staring at Minho's feet before me. I hadn't had a good night sleep for weeks. My memories returning kept me awake. Usually I only saw vague colors and heard muffled voices but when I was asleep there were events of my past playing out right before my eyes and I didn't want to know anymore. It was already bad enough that I felt so guilty everytime I looked at Newt.
Yes, he was pushing me away but I was pushing him away too. Being around him, seeing this new sad and depressed side of him, made me feel so incredibly guilty. I was the reason he was here, that he was feeling this way in the first place. If I hadn't fallen for Wicked's trap, if I had been faster, smarter, he wouldn't even be here. He'd be safe in his house in the calm street of the beautiful city.
And that was the real reason I had kept my distance from him. I just had no idea how to tell anyone that.

I sighed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, trying to shake the thoughts off of me.
'Hey you okay there?' Minho turned around to look at me.
I gave him a reassuring smile.
He narrowed, probably trying to figure out if it was real or not but then he shrugged and turned back around.
'I think we should find a place to stay for the night. You hermanos don't want to walk 'round this place after sunset,' Jorge's voice sounded from the front of the group.
'Good that, how 'bout that building?' Newt pointed to an old and fragile looking house. It was big and had a destroyed roof but it was well hidden between a few high flats. Somehow it was perfect.

Jorge nodded and told us to cross the road one at the time. Then he looked to his left then his right and crossed the street. Minho went next, then Newt.
Frypan nodded at me and I returned a smile. My eyes searched the road. There was nothing to be seen, not even a shadow moving.
I took a breath and walked with a quick pace to the other side but I hadn't even made it to half of the street when suddenly a shriek sounded through the air.

High and scary.

My breath was caught in my throat and suddenly, out of a gap in the ground before me jumped a figure. It landed right before my feet. It was a man around the fourty years old. His right ear was missing and there was a huge scar in his cheek through which his teeth were visible. He looked at me, a hunger appearing in his eyes and he licked his lips.

A shiver went down my spine. 

More figures appeared. 

They came from everywhere. Buildings, out of holes in the ground and soon a group of at least twenty cranks had surrounded us.

Well, more like they had surrounded me. They were standing in a wide circle around me all of them with that same hunger in their eyes.

'Ehmm guys,' I mumbled, suddenly really missing my bow.
'Oh this is going to be fun, hermanos,' Jorge said.
'Fun? More like disgusting,' I answered him.
'Hey shanks we're just passing by. We were just about to leave. So how 'bout we take the lady and we'll be off with it. Yeah?' Minho's voice sounded.
'Hunger,' one of the cranks answered, his voice low and hoarse.
'Food,' another one spoke.
It was like they were in some kind of trance and it was making me nervous.

Suddenly one of them let out a high scream and all at once they charged at me. I screamed with fear, trying to position myself in a somewhat defensive position.

The first crank reached me. I reminded myself he wasn't human anymore before I let out a battle cry and punched him in the throat. He let out a cry and fell down, only to be immediatly overrun by other cranks. Suddenly two hands took my waist from behind and lifted me up. I groaned and started to struggle.
'Dawn!' A voice with a thick accent screamed.
I yelled as an aswer and kicked around me, hoping to hurt something. The monster who was holding me groaned but didn't let go. He started to squeeze his arms around my waist. I let out another yell in pain.
Suddenly the pressure lessened and the next thing I knew I was thrown on the ground. A sigh left my lips and I quickly jumped up. I breathed out with relief when I saw Newt standing before me.
'You okay?' He asked, worry sounding through his voice.
My eyes lingered on his face for a second when I noticed a movement behind him.
'Duck!' I yelled.
He immediately did so and I threw a punch at the charging Crank, right in his face. Newt jumped back up and handed me an iron pipe. I frowned at it but had no time to argue about his choice of weapon. I turned around and hit it right in the face of the closest Crank. But it didn't matter, for every Crank that went down a new one came right in his place.
All around me Gladers were fighting for their lives. The screams of the monsters and battle cries of the Gladers echoed between the buildings. If this didn't end soon, more Cranks could be drawn to the battle. Then we'd be lost.
I took a few steps backwards and felt my back connect with something. Sharply I turned around but sighed with relief once I noticed it was Newt.
'Now that I have your attention...' Newt said while hitting a Crank against his head. I kept standing with my back against his. It felt safe. Meanwhile I raised my leg and kicked a woman in her stomach, she fell down and I hit her head with the pipe. Immediately I turned away, not wanting to see her die.
'Thought we got passed the whole "keeping secrets from each other thing" back in the bloody Glade,' Newt panted.
Breathing heavily I hit another one against its head. 'Yeah? Well I'm not the only one keeping secrets,' I shot back at him.
'Shuck it, Dawn. You're acting like a shucking baby. Don't know what I did but do you have to ignore me for it?'
I quickly raised my arm to prevent a Crank from hitting me in my face. He seemed to look genuinly surprised for a second and I used this to quickly kick him right in the balls. He let out a scream and fell on his knees. With anger burning in his eyes he reached out but I hit his head with the iron pipe. He fell down, blood coming out of the wound. My stomach turned and I quickly looked away.
'I think you know what you did,' I said, not wanting to give in.
Another Crank approached. I acted quickly by hitting him with my elbow against his chin, but he reached out and cut my arm with his knife. A surprised yelp left my lips and I pushed him away before he could cut too deep.
'It's not like you're innocent,' Newt shot back while I hit the Crank with the pipe. 'You remembered something which made you somehow think you had to push me away.'

I bit my lip, feeling stupid once again. It seemed like he had some kind of hidden talent to sense what was going on with me. And he was never wrong.
'I thought I told you that you could tell me anything that is going on in that head of yours,' Newt groaned while pushing a stolen knife into a Cranks chest.
Suddenly I felt even more guilt wash over me but it was gone as soon as it came as I had to punch another Crank down.
'This memory really isn't pretty,' I said, clenching my jaw while pushing the iron pipe into a Crank her stomach. And this time none came running at me in her place. I saw Jorge stab the last one. We won, all the Cranks were down. From what I could see we lost only one Glader.
Then I finally turned towards Newt. He wiped a stream of blood away from the cut on his cheek. He was breathing heavily, just like me. We won, but I didn't felt victorious.

'Dawn, I wont think any less of you, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. But you do have to bloody tell me what you're so mad about, 'cause right now it feels like you don't even trust me.'

I stared at him, feeling my heart beat slow down. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I had been so stupid. He was right. Of course he was. When was I going to learn?
I sighed. 'I'm an idiot.'
He grinned, an adorable sound, just what I needed to hear after a fight like this. 'Glad you said it yourself,' he replied. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and then smiled, stood on my toes and kissed him. I felt him relax under the touch of our lips. He put his hand on my waist and kissed back. Warmth covered me and for a moment I forgot everything around me.

'Hey lovebirds,' a voice called.
Abruptly we broke apart and turned towards the sound.
It was Minho, who watched us with his arms crossed over his chest. 'You two alright?' He asked.
I let go of Newt and turned to look at the bodies. Just a few minutes ago I'd been fighting for my life and when I looked at all the bodies lying around me now...I felt disgusted. All this death and the smell, it made me want to run away and never look back.

Suddenly I fell down on my knees and threw up everything I'd eaten the past few days. My throat was raw and I held my stomach, praying for it to stop. I closed my eyes and felt Newt hold my hair out of my face. After what felt like hours, it finally stopped. Panting heavily I closed my eyes and sat back. A hand landed on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly.
'I'm okay,' I whispered and opened my eyes again, looking into Newt his concerned face. I nodded to show him I meant it. 'I'm okay,' I repeated.
Newt looked up at Minho who gave a curt nod and turned away.
'We should leave here. Find another place to sleep. More could be coming,' Jorge said.
Slowly I stood up, holding onto Newt's arm to keep my weak legs steady.
'Be glad they still had a bit humanity,' Jorge said, looking with a frown on his face at me.
'Glad? How can I be glad for this?' I said, gesturing around.
His frown became deeper. 'The real monsters live down in the tunnels.'

|||

"The real monsters live down in the tunnels..." I'm really excited to write about the Underneath! And I'm sure you guys will like what is to come :)

But first let's talk about this badass/romantic/fight scene Newt and Dawn just had. Will this be enough for them to move on? Or should they talk about it a bit more? Do you guys think it really is Dawn her fault that Newt got taken? Will Newt be mad at her when he hears it? Let me know your thoughts and theories!

Leave a comment or a vote please. It truly means a lot.

-Me

ą¤Ŗą¤¢ą¤¼ą¤Øą¤¾ ą¤œą¤¾ą¤°ą„€ ą¤°ą¤–ą„‡ą¤‚

ą¤†ą¤Ŗą¤•ą„‹ ą¤Æą„‡ ą¤­ą„€ ą¤Ŗą¤øą¤‚ą¤¦ą„‡ ą¤†ą¤ą¤ą¤—ą„€

272K 5.6K 55
You wake up in the Glade, just like everyone else did. Except, you're the only girl. You end up becoming friends with almost everyone, and become ver...
My Last Request- Newt Death Cure mie ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

ą¤«ą„ˆą¤Øą¤«ą¤æą¤•ą„ą¤¶ą¤Ø

102K 2.9K 55
She chose to leave her safe life and be with a life near death Just to be with him She chose to leave everything behind and be one of them Just to be...
fragmentary ā†’ scorch trials | newt ivy ą¤¦ą„ą¤µą¤¾ą¤°ą¤¾

ą¤«ą„ˆą¤Øą¤«ą¤æą¤•ą„ą¤¶ą¤Ø

95.9K 1.6K 21
[book 1] The maze broke her, she will never be the same as before. Elodie and her brother are from Group C, but when they are rescued, their saviour...
40.2K 1.2K 48
-SEQUEL TO THE PROMISE- An escape. A fight. A chase. They have had it all. Maybe they should have stayed in the glade, away from the destruction of t...