Crown King: Return of The Lab...

De pillowsonfire

[SEQUEL TO GAME OF INSOMNIA] °°°The world of Eos has finally lived in peace for years after the war ended an... Mais

n o t e
Chapter 1: Nightfall
Chapter 2: Broken Walls
Chapter 3: Traitors
Chapter 4: Conflicts
Chapter 5: The Oracle's Calling
Chapter 6: We Meet Again
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Off to Hammerhead
Chapter 10: The Physician's Cure
Chapter 11: One Hundred Feet Below
Chapter 12: The Labyrinth
Chapter 13: Changing Realms
Chapter 14: Imaginary Space
Chapter 15: Stolen
Chapter 16: Hiding
Chapter 17: Missing
Chapter 18: Starscourge
Chapter 19: All Coming Back
Chapter 20: Black Hole
Chapter 21: Fallen City
Chapter 22: Longing Hearts
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 23: Pretenses
Chapter 24: Undermining Truth
Chapter 25: The Tower
Chapter 26: A Turn of Tides
Chapter 27: Imprecation
Chapter 28: Destroying the Hexatheon
Chapter 29: The Plague of Darkness
Chapter 30: Insomnia's Wake
Epilogue

Chapter 7: Listen

175 12 0
De pillowsonfire

"How can you do this to me?"

      That was the first thing Noctis told you after you pulled him out of your room leaving Cloud inside. You closed the door shut and the two of you now stood face to face. You sighed, knowing this would happen to the fact that Cloud really wanted to meet Noctis.

     "Look, I've been planning to tell you this," you took a deep breath, trying to steady yourself when you saw his piercing eyes at you, "but a lot of things have happened lately and Cloud is one of them. I wanted you to meet him as soon as possible because—"

     "No. No that's not it." He chuckled in a sarcastic way; it was clear he didn't like what he saw. You swallowed nervously. "(Y/N), I've trusted you my whole life. You promised that we'll be loyal to each other forever and I'm doing my part. Tell me, how can you hide something from me?"

     Though his voice was soft, you could still feel the anger in it. He was trying to control himself, or else you would stand there looking down as he shouted at you.

     "(Y/N). Answer me. Look at me."

    "It's not what you think." You looked deeply into his eyes.

    "Not what I think? For how long have you been hiding him here? What have you two been doing when I'm away? What, is this the replacement of me not spending much time with you? Am I not enough for you? Tell me (Y/N)! Because I'm all so tired of this." You were about to take his hand but he pushed your hand away. "If I'm not enough, and you don't want me anymore because you already replaced someone who's—"

     "I still love you!" you stammered. "Noctis would you please listen to me first before you say anything that isn't real? I've never done anything stupid and I will never replace you with anyone else!"

     "Then why is he there? I have the right to accuse you for—"

     "Don't you remember him?" You stared in disbelief. "Noctis, Cloud had been dead. Years ago. But he came back. He came back to life! He was resurrected here exactly in Insomnia. He was looking for me this morning; I spotted him in the courtyard." The further you got, the softer his face went and the tamer his eyes looked. "Don't you remember anything with him? Of him saving you? Don't you remember how he sacrificed himself without giving us a sign he'd actually do it?"

The pair of blue hues staring at you were now half-lidded; he heaved a sigh after a moment. "Of course. . . Of course I do. I do remember him saving us. Cloud Strife. He even saved me from getting killed by Ardyn."

You continued, "If you think I had feelings for him, no. I didn't like him, not even once in my life." You pushed away the thought—you actually gained something about him back when you were in Gaia, but it all disappeared. "Please, Noctis, hear me out. He's not only what we have to be taking care of. If you only knew that Ardyn is still alive, I wouldn't doubt he's the one behind all of this. The ones who want to take Luna, the walls falling, Prompto kidnapped—"

"Prompto's kidnapped?" he repeated, but his voice now a had a hint of worry. "Since when?"

You sighed. "Don't know when, but I'm sure Ardyn's trying to hold him hostage. I don't want to think it's a trap or anything. But we have to save Luna first, then we'll find where the main enemy is hiding."

"How are you sure Ardyn's alive? I—I barely remember what happened back then."

"What?" You coughed in disbelief. "What do you mean, you don't remember what had happened during the war?"

"I don't. And it's weird. Losing some of my memories never happen. Only now. But I've never done anything to make them lose. Unless someone stole them?"

"We can ask Ignis about that. You don't have to worry."

Noctis looked away from you to the door for almost a minute, then he glanced back at you. He sent a nod for the door.

"Oh, right. About Cloud . . . there's something you should know involving his resurrection."

°

"A goddess resurrected you?"

Cloud nodded. "Yes, but I don't know who she is. I've lost my memories. I even didn't remember my name, thanks to (Y/N). She knew my name: Cloud Strife."

"But how did you get here?" Noctis raised an eyebrow. Though to Noctis' part, he actually had been hiding his true feelings. He had to stay neutral.

"I've told (Y/N) about that already. Before I found myself outside Insomnia's walls, I was dreaming. One girl talking to a man. The man seemed like bargaining to the girl, then I woke up and there. A voice of a goddess whispered to me: Find (Y/N)."

"How are you sure it's a goddess talking to you? What if you were . . . hallucinating or something?"

"I wasn't. I'm sure I wasn't. I was so awake and alive I thought someone's talking behind me, but when the voice of the goddess talked, I saw a clap of thunder in the skies."

Noctis looked at you, and you looked back at him as well knowing everything was going crazy. Of all the insane things happening, this was the most insane thing that had ever happened. Five years passed without knowing anything about Avalanche in Gaia. Then you'd just find out Cloud went back to life, and what was strange was he was resurrected here. You wondered if Tifa and the rest of the crew knew he was here.

Then something came in your mind. "Well, I think we should hide Cloud's existence, for the better."

"For the better?" Noctis turned his head to you. "What do you mean?"

"Everyone knows Cloud's dead. But they don't know the truth. I think I'll make him one of the glaives, but not officially. His identity just needs to stay hidden for now."

"Hidden? Like with those blond spikes? How will he be able to hide with that?"

You were about to laugh when Cloud slightly glared at Noctis, but thankfully you restrained yourself and kept yourself calm. "Don't worry. The Mist will work. It'll make everyone see him a normal guy."

"A soldier in disguise. I can say that's awesome," Noctis said, which made Cloud a little uncomfortable.

"Soldier?"

Noctis stared at the blond in shock. "You don't remember yourself being a soldier? You're a mercenary, Cloud."

"I am?"

"Yes, you are. Onwards," the raven looked at you, "the others will set forth at daybreak. We stay here."

Your eyes widened. "You're saying I'm staying here?"

There was a short moment of silence. Then Noctis broke it eventually. "Haven't we talked about this already?"

"But I've been expecting I'll go with them to Altissia—"

"(Y/N). You promised." Was all he said, and you had nothing to do about it. King's orders. And it was utterly embarrassing since Cloud heard everything. Noctis took your arm, whispering, "Where are you letting him stay?"

You glanced at Cloud then back to Noctis. "I was thinking you'd decide where."

"The hall of guest rooms's okay. Lead him there, and I'll wait here."

"You'll wait here?" You swallowed in embarrassment, your cheeks flushing. Cloud was already staring at the two of you. "Right. I'll . . . go now." You walked towards Cloud, gesturing for him to go out the room. As soon as you stepped on the doorway, you looked over your shoulder for a while and walked off. "Be right back."

"Where are you taking me?" Cloud asked, the two of you walking side by side through the dimly lit hallway.

"To your room. Temporarily. Until I . . . find where . . . nothing. Never mind. You have to rest." You sighed and looked away from him out the window. "It's night already." Great. Changing subjects are not my thing.

Cloud turned to the windows. "Yeah."

How can he keep so quiet? I can't even stay quiet for a minute. You thought, studying him from head to toe through your peripheral view. He's so tall.

Silently, he pulled his hood on, the cloth reaching down to his nose. It looked mysterious to you so you made a sideway smile. But then you realized the reason why he had put his hood on was because there were two guards approaching.

"Good evening, Lieutenant." One of them bowed down.

"To you as well." You curtsied slightly and soon the guards already passed by. You turned to Cloud, who was still as silent as ever. "You can be mysterious sometimes."

"I'm not. Just a guy with no memories of his past."

His voice was very clear to you: the tone was deep and husky. Very angelic. You could remember the first time he talked to you, back in Gaia. Those were the peaceful days before Lunafreya came to that world, to take you to where you actually belong: here in Eos.

Until then, you were sure to yourself. You used to like him when you were in Gaia, but that was the past. It's over. And if Cloud wouldn't get his memories back forever, you'd be grateful anyway. Because he wouldn't remember himself having feelings for you. And that should be fine, since you're now with Noctis.

Finally you reached the empty hall. (Most halls are empty, anyway). You went for the third door on the left and opened it. "Follow me." You entered the guest room. It was very large and the room had a double bed near a window as tall as the cream colored walls.

You turned around to see Cloud slowly pulling down his hood, still had the usual pokerface on. "Um, this is your room. You like it?"

"Fine with it. Where are you gonna stay?"

"In my room." You tilted your head. He was worried about you. You laughed, pleased at the sight. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. You can rest now." You walked past him and was about to exit the doorway when you felt a hand hold you back. You spun around with wide eyes, looking down at Cloud's hand wrapped around yours.

"Good—Goodnight." He suddenly let go of your hand and turned around, completely ignoring you as he headed towards bed.

You were honestly shocked of what he did, but you set the thoughts lingering into your head aside. Closing the door gently, you went back to your room. Noctis had been waiting there.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

114K 3.1K 24
A young maid learning of the past decisions of her father. A prince discovering the true sacrifices he must make as future sovereign of Lucis. Noctis...
78.2K 1.6K 17
Lucis, Insomnia. Home to the crystal, home to the Lucis Caelum family, and home to you. Being apart of the Kingsglaive has some of it's doubts, but w...
627 0 11
The events begin as always, with the attack on Tenebrae. Except a young girl interferes with the attempt on Queen Sylva Via Fleuret life all stand in...
1.3K 11 23
This book 2 ! That continues after Crystal Hearts Cloud X Reader X Ignis This book will have lots of Cloud Strife moments Final Fantasy Rebirth is ou...