half/closer | GirlXGirl

By reversereverie

• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own f... More

half / 1
half / 2
half / 3
half / 4
half / 5
half / 6
half / 7
half / 8
half / 9
half / 10
half / 11
half / 12
half / 13
half / 14
half / 15
half / 16
half / 17
half / 18
half / 19
half / 20
half / 21
half / 23
half / 24
half / 25
26 / closer
27 / closer
28 / closer
29 / closer
30 / closer
31 / closer
32 / closer
33 / closer
34 / closer
35 / closer
36 / closer
37 / closer
38 / closer
39 / closer
40 / closer
41 / closer
42 / closer
43 / closer
44 / closer
45 / closer
half / closer
Bonus Chapter

half / 22

6.5K 225 263
By reversereverie

"So how did you and Khloe happen?"

Harry's questioned dragged my attention from the raw chicken I was holding with my plastic-covered hands. I looked up only to see all eyes were already staring at me and my girlfriend. Although Arisa appeared to be uninterested, I knew that she was also curious.

"It just happened," Khloe simply answered, then she flipped the barbecued chicken kebab on the grilling machine expertly. Of course, being a gentleman, Harry insisted to help us while I was the one piercing the marinated chicken, mushroom and peppers into the wooden stick.

Apparently, the royals, meaning Arisa, Quinn, and Jane, were waiting for us to serve them. They were just sitting around the fire pit, clad in winter clothing, having a silent battle among themselves. It was already evening and the temperature was getting colder but nonetheless, snow was still out since yesterday.

"Oh c'mon, please give us some details. We're going to fly back home tomorrow so at least, give me something to tell to Kate," Harry complained, mentioning his girlfriend, who was also Quinn's cousin.

"I second that," Quinn prompted as she smirked at us. I bet she already knew half of the details about how we happened.

Shaking my head, I handed out the already prepared kebabs to Khloe. She smiled softly at me and I gave her one back before she proceeded to her task.

"Ry, care to tell us?" this time, Arisa asked. "How did she manage to lure you into her trap?"

Khloe laughed. "Not the way my sister lured you. You were so easy. Only a pair of dimples from Quinn and you're already purring under her feet."

"What did you say?!" Arisa hissed as she glared at my girlfriend.

"Although it's a fact, I'm not gonna repeat it again unless Quinn denies it," Khloe provoked my sister, causing Jane, Harry and I to laugh in amusement.

Quinn patted Arisa's head like a puppy. "She maybe submissive to me and only me, but she's my love no matter what."

"I'm willing to be anything for you," Arisa countered her answer sweetly and gave her girl a quick kiss. I was really amazed at how they treated each other. They were both Alphas when it comes to a relationship but my best friend let herself be sway by Quinn's dominion. And Quinn valued Arisa's worth in her life. By the way they interacted with each other, you could clearly see that they truly loved each other. There are arguments, yes but they are the reasons why relationship get stronger. I wished Khloe and I would be like them someday, you know, the kind of love that is fluid—the one which able to adjust as needed, especially when you want to stay as much as possible. Damn, I was starting to think this way just because Khloe said she was starting to fall in love with me. Key word, Ry: starting.

"Aww, true love," Jane cooed bitterly. "I'm starting to get lonely."

"Are you still hurting?" Khloe bluntly asked and Harry's eyes widened.

I knew better Khloe wasn't interested in Jane's heart status because she was clearly changing the topic so that she could avoid telling the details about us. I agree because it was a private matter and kind of story that you would only tell to your sons and daughters when your hair is already gray. Gosh, I was also beginning to think about sons and daughters! Remember the key word, Ry: starting! Don't freak out yourself.

"Oh please, I have someone in my mind slash heart already," Jane said with assurance. "Not all exes hang out with their ex to take her back. Quinn and I finally ended. I moved on and we're only friends now, right?"

Quinn nodded with a proud smile. "Yeah, so gorgeous, you don't have to be threatened," she said sweetly to Arisa.

"I'm not threatened, I am confident in my own abilities to keep myself here," Arisa laughed out as she pointed at Quinn's chest.

"Okay, stop right there," Khloe tossed a wooden stick to my captain in disgust. "You're making me gag with all those sweet words of yours. It doesn't suit you."

"Rude!" Arisa exclaimed with a piercing glare. "At least I'm better than you. I swear you poisoned Hilary to come to you. I can't even imagine you giving flowers and chocolate bars to her. Let alone, spilling flowery declaration. What do you say, bimbo?"

"Back to both of you," Harry chimed in as he fixed the kebabs on the grilling machine. We already finished half of the raw poultries and vegetables from the porcelain casserole and they still managed to get back to the initial topic.

"Oh, believe me, I gave her more than that," Khloe smirked with coolness, letting them know that we were more than material things and romantic clichés. True, we started as an abstract art and our feelings were slowly becoming a realism. Actually, we were already halfway there.

I chuckled. "Don't spill the beans, Klo."

"That's really unfair," Arisa argued, gesturing her hands frantically, causing my brow to raise. "I'm your best friend so why I don't know anything about this until a week ago. You're supposed to share every secret with me. Do you really think I'm going to judge you after you support me all these years?"

I frowned, Arisa seemed serious as she stared at me in anger. No, not anger, more like a disappointment. And it looked like everyone preferred to stay quiet as they waited for me to speak.

What a harsh way to put me in a tight spot.

I sighed, walking from my place and sat awkwardly on the reclining chair beside my best friend. I looked at her azure eyes sincerely. "It's not like that, A. Believe me, Khloe and I just happened. It was a shock and it was a spontaneous decision from both of us to have a relationship. We never imagined ourselves to be together like this but we did. We decided to try and I hid it from you not because I think you're not going to support us. It's just at first, I didn't know how to tell you. I mean, it's weird, right? Dating your best friend's mortal enemy?"

"She's not my enemy," Arisa mumbled, her voice only for me and Quinn to hear which made both of us smile.

"But it seems you don't agree with our relationship."

Arisa rolled her eyes then clicked her tongue. Shifting her eyes to the burning log, she let out a deep sigh. Quinn caressed her arms, comforting her as if she was urging her to let go. Jane was nonchalantly listening to our drama while Harry pretended to be busy at the grilled chicken. My girlfriend was eyeing us cautiously, looking like I was convincing the whole world to accept us.

"No, in fact, I'm happy for the both of you," Arisa spoke then, looking back at me then to Khloe. "I trust Khloe. I was just being a stubborn brat because I'm thinking that I'm not good enough as your best friend to the extent you chose to hide this important matter to me. And now that I understand, I would like to apologize."

I straightaway smiled and reached out to hold her hand, telling her silently that she was already forgiven. Arisa smiled back at me warmly, her genuine ocean eyes reflecting the dancing fire as she squeezed my hand.

"Yes, I know I'm all over myself sometimes and all over Quinn always," she laughed at her own words then, "So once I realized my self-absorbed attitude due to consecutive outrageous events happening to us— to Bailey, to you, and to Tiana, I really want to be a better person for all of you. I mean, you guys are really with me always and I realized that all I've done is whine and complain about everything."

Arisa laughed bitterly and then sniffled, her eyes were starting to shine in tears. "I know it's already too late because gosh, in a few months, we're going to graduate high school, possibly separate to build another chapter of each other lives. Bailey is still miserable and god knows where's Tiana, if she's really okay or not. And I'm hurting right now for both of them. It doesn't look like I am, right? But I have to put on act— we have to put a smile on our faces for Bailey and believe that everything will be alright. And I really want to make up with all of you, especially you, Ry. You're the best best friend ever.

"So of all the terrible things happening to us, who I am to go against your happiness? Yeah, Khloe might be a terrible choice," Arisa giggled and I heard my girl snickered to herself while we laughed at my best friend's statement. "But you look really happy with her so really, Ry, to compensate from all the good deeds you've done for me as my best friend, just one call and I'll try my best to help you with anything. I mean anything—makeover for a date, pieces of advice on how to be the best girlfriend and I'm willing to listen to all your future issues with her which I know there will be a lot. It's the only way— the only way I know to be a rightful best friend to you, right?"

"Right! thank you," I said with a contented smile, wiping a single tear from my cheek using my free hand.

"So you better not hurt her, Khloe or I swear, I'm going to kill you," Arisa warned Khloe as she narrowed her eyes at her.

"If I do, I won't stop you from killing me," Khloe acknowledged my best friend gravely, causing my smile to widen. She may be making fun of people occasionally but she knew when and where she had to be thoughtful. "Although I would say, don't trust me but believe me, I won't hurt Hilary, at least not intentionally. I mind your opinion as much as I value my sister's because you're one of the closest to my girlfriend so I would like to thank you for accepting us even if our relationship is really weird and spontaneous. But that's falling in love with someone are all about— taking risk against the impossible and odd, shaking you to the core to the point of relentless denial but in the end, you would find yourself getting more enthralled with that someone and you can't help but to let yourself be drowned into the idea of being together with them."

Jane clapped suddenly. "Wow, you're talking about love now, huh?"

I looked down at my feet and instantly blushed, my cheeks almost like logs on the fire. My heart thumped erratically at Khloe's words while my stomach was filled of fluttering butterflies.

I heard Arisa giggled beside me. "I'm surprised Khloe is talking about love."

Quinn laughed. "I'm betting with one look of Hilary's beautiful eyes, my sister will instantly be purring under her feet."

"Burn!" Harry shouted, pointing a stick of barbequed chicken to Khloe playfully.

Our series of laughs echoed through the winter night with the sound of burning woods. To get even, Khloe smeared the remaining marinades on Harry's face. He squealed like a little girl as he jumped away in shock. Knowing he would chase after her, Khloe ran off laughing and I watched her in awe. Of course, Harry really chased after her as they ran inside the house, leaving us in amusement.

After a while, Khloe appeared from the back door and swiftly ran towards me. They rounded the house like children, obviously. While Harry was nearly behind her, she sat beside me and buried her face in the crook of my neck, arms around my waist.

"Damn! You've found your human shield!" Harry grumbled, walking over the side table and pulled out tissues from the box to wipe his smeared face.

"Okay, toddlers, stop!" Arisa interrupted their childish behavior and I looked at her while shaking my head. Khloe kept her hold on me and I embraced her closer to my body. It felt good that I could hold her like this in front of my friends without any hesitation.

"We have to talk about your birthday, Ry," Arisa announced suddenly and Khloe perked up as she sat straight.

"What, doofus? Don't tell me you don't know when's your girlfriend birthdate," Arisa challenged Khloe with a raised brow. Quinn and Jane started to eat their kebabs and Harry was rummaging into the beverage coolers.

Khloe snickered, subtly stroking my lower back gently. "Oh please, who would miss out her birthday if every year, you would throw a party for her? What was the theme last time?"

"Casino," I answered for her, reaching for a stick of kebabs and offered her a bite.

"Yeah, casino," she said before biting off a piece of mushroom from the stick. It was also a great feeling taking care of her because seeing her happy made me happier.

"So what's gonna be this time? Your choice, Ry," my Captain encouraged me.

"No, not this year. You obviously know that I have to focus on my studies."

"But I thought your parents have already let you applied for art universities," Khloe pondered while munching her food. "You don't have to work harder anymore."

I scrunched my nose. "Yeah, but it doesn't mean they don't want me to be on top It's the least I can do for them."

"Oh c'mon," Arisa groaned. "Your GPA is at least on four scales already."

"Four point one," I emphasized, rolling my eyes. "Not close to yours by decimal points."

"So what?" Quinn reprimanded. "I don't even know my point is because I really don't care. Your grade doesn't define what are you going to be in the future. Isn't that right?"

"Yeah, if you're already an heir of a huge corporation," Jane countered against Quinn. "For us, grades are important so that we would be able to get a scholarship."

"In that case, being average is enough. I'm more about getting an actual life than hitting books," Harry let out his opinion before drinking his bottled beer.

"And this is going to be your last birthday in high school," Arisa pouted, her eyes were pleading. "So pretty please, let me throw you your birthday party for the last time."

I tilted my head to look at Khloe, asking for her permission. Being in a serious relationship also includes shared decision-making. It sounded formal but Khloe and I had the same wave of understanding as she smiled and nodded, obviously recognizing my delicate gesture.

"Alright, have it your way, party girl. And even if I refused, you would throw it anyway so what's the use?" I said to Arisa, giving her a smirk.

Arisa laughed. "You know me so well. Promise, your party is gonna be lit."

Oh no! Lit means trouble!

•••••

"So four point one, huh?" Khloe said and I lifted my head from her shoulder to look at her.

We were already laying on her bed after a fun evening. It was almost twelve when we decided to stop and sleep for the rest of the night. Arisa and I were ready to go home but my future mother-in-law insisted that we should stay because it wasn't safe to go home anymore. Harry was already fast asleep in the guest room and in Arisa's dismay, Jane stayed at Quinn's bedroom with them. Khloe and I laughed at her for good minutes because we knew that she wouldn't get any from Quinn unless Jane was willing to watch them. No way!

"Yeah?" I murmured, staring still into her eyes blazed by the light of the lampshade behind me. So pretty.

Khloe snickered, her palm was caressing my back soothingly. "You have to be more competitive than that if you want to be on top of me."

My brows creased. "Y-You mean, your GPA is likely on four scales too?"

"Yeah, of course," she said proudly. "Higher than yours by decimal points."

I giggled, kissing her cheek. "I'm proud of you."

My girlfriend smiled adorably. "Thank you but that's not really the right thing to say."

"Why?" I whined, snuggling closer to her warm body. Even if the weather was already cold and we were clothed with thick fabrics, I could feel her warmth encasing me securely. "I'm truly proud of you, what's the right thing to say anyway?"

Khloe laughed lightly and the sound was more like cunning. She definitely had something in her mind. "Don't get me wrong, socks. I'm proud of you too. But like I said, I love a challenge. So how about we make a deal out of it?"

I knew it!

"Yeah? Go on, I'm listening."

Khloe hummed, her lips on a full-on smile. "How about if you manage to get higher score more than mine, I will let you be on top for a year?"

"What do you mean 'be on top for a year'?" I asked innocently, not understanding the whole idea of winning the deal.

With clear amusement in her eyes, Khloe wiggled her brows at me, causing my jaw to drop as I realized what she really means. Biting my lips, I hid my face back to her shoulder, probably already red of blushes.

"What?" Khloe let out another laugh and I raised my head again, this time, my eyes were blazing with anticipation.

"You're so naughty."

"You don't want me to be naughty?" she asked in disbelief. "Say the girl who loves my kisses."

I covered her mouth with my hand and stared at her accusingly. "Alright, stop, you don't have to say it like you don't like kissing me too."

Khloe tried to speak but she just let out incoherent mumbles. In my surprise, I felt her tongue poke my palm so I jerked my hand away with my eyes wide.

"You're gross!"

"Kissing is gross. You know why? Because it's an activity that transfers approximately eighty million bacteria for every ten seconds," Khloe pointed out, earning a roll of eyes from me. "However, I'm willing to get all bacteria I could have as long as I get to kiss your lips so it's not really gross. In fact, kissing you is the best bad decision I'm willing to take any time. So really, I really need to be naughty."

I giggled. "Alright, no need to go Louis Pasteur on me and then be the sweetest after. I would like to say 'deal'."

"Alright! You're gonna lose!"

I pinched her nose playfully, earning a groan from her. "I swear, you're gonna be purring under me."

Khloe shrugged with a wide grin. "Well, win or lose, I would still get you."

I puckered my lips and she was more than willing as she leaned forward to kiss me.

"Goodnight, socks."

"Goodnight, Klo."

And I love you.

•••••

The heat of the light from the cracked window stirred me awake slowly. Once I opened my eyes, I groaned lowly then rolled on the bed. Khloe moved unconsciously as I snaked my hand under her sweatshirt, my eyes were on her serene face. I took the time to stare at her long eyelashes and I blinked, looking at her soft lips. Caressing her abdominal muscles, I cherished the sensation of waking up beside my girlfriend who I deeply loved along with the scent of the morning.

Then carefully, I placed a light kiss on her cheek. I drew away to find out if she would wake up from my touch but she just frowned slightly, her breathing was tranquil. Propping my chin on my palm, I decided to just gaze at her until she wakes up. Sounded like I was a creeper but who's a person in love would not do that?

In this scenario, she would speak suddenly and tell me 'I'm a creep' or 'Take a picture while it last'. Or maybe she would wake up and once she opens her eyes, she would stare back at me longingly and we would kiss senseless. Because hey, ninety percent of romance movies have that kind of scenes so I couldn't blame myself for imagining something like that with my Klo.

However, things like that in my story didn't happen. Instead, I felt the need to pee so without hesitation, I cautiously got off the bed, leaving my girlfriend behind.

Unlike Quinn's bedroom, Khloe's bathroom was across the hallway. I looked down at my watch and it was still early, seven fourteen to be exact. It was Sunday and class would resume after this day. And I knew that I needed to do a lot of things— from cheerleading, improving my GPA because I really wanted to top Khloe and finish my art portfolio I had to submit by the end of February. I had to remind myself to ask Quinn for help. I needed her to photo-shoot my artworks so that I could post them on my website. I could've just made an album and submit it but I wanted my submission to be perfect and accessible so Khloe offered her digital expertise. Well, she would make her art portfolio herself so she told me it was just an easy task.

Once I finished using the bathroom, I silently opened the door only to jump in surprise. I palmed my chest to keep my heart at bay and nervously stared back at the person who was smiling at me in amusement.

"Good morning, sweets," Khloe's mom greeted animatedly.

"Good morning, Miss Summer," I said, obviously tense.

"Sorry for surprising you but please, as I said before, just call me Claire."

I nodded with a smile. "It's alright, Claire."

"Is Khloe still asleep?"

"Yes."

She hummed, her amber eyes have a hint of a treacherous spark, causing me to gulp. "She always gets up after nine at weekend. Why don't you join me for a cup of coffee downstairs?"

Damn! I would decline because I think I was gonna piss myself again but I internally cheered myself to be just calm about this situation.

With a nervous smile, I nodded and followed her trail down to their kitchen. She urged me to sit on the kitchen stool while she makes our coffee. With cups in both hands, she sat across from me and pushed my hot drink towards me. I instantly noticed the ram skull tattoo on the back of her hand but I chose to ignore it for the reason it would be somewhat rude to bluntly ask about it. Heck, I was already tense enough by her presence.

Like Khloe, Claire was really intimidating. Although some wrinkles started to appear on the side of her eyes, I could say that she was a total hottie back then. Even at this moment. Not to mention, she was tall and had an hourglass figure with a skin of olive. She also had a smooth straight brown hair falling on her back. Could she possibly a cheer member in her high school? I mean we could get along talking about cheerleading, right?

"So how was your break?" Claire asked, giving me a warm smile. I was now certain that Khloe had her smile.

"Umm, I spent the most of it with my family," I answered as I rubbed the rim of the cup, waiting for the hot coffee to cool down a bit. Didn't want to embarrass myself by burning my tongue, did we?

"Good," she said before drinking her own coffee.

I remained silent and I thought it would also be rude if I wasn't drinking my coffee she made for me so I raised my cup in my mouth.

"There's no monkey business happened last night, right?" Claire suddenly asked, causing me to cough out the liquid from my mouth in total shock.

"Oh lord, forgive me," Claire hastily stood up and rubbed my back comfortingly as I continued to cough.

I cleared my throat to regain myself and when she saw that I was already good, she sat back in her chair laughing. "Sorry, wrong timing. Are you alright? Don't you die on me, sweets."

I laughed awkwardly. "It's alright. I'm— I'm alright. I just—I just thought that you didn't know about us."

"No, Khloe told me about you. Then she always talks about you after."

I smiled timidly. "Well, Khloe didn't tell me that she always talks about me with you. And no monkey business at all, really."

Claire chuckled. "Great because even though my daughter can't get you pregnant, I want to let you know that this is my house and you guys must live by my rules whenever you're here. I don't want to hear the sound of moaning from anyone in this house again."

I nodded blushing but perked up from her last sentence. "Again?"

"Yeah, Quinn and Arisa," she said with a roll of eyes. "Don't tell them though because I've already sat Quinn down and talked to her about it."

"Oh."

I guess, either Jane was here or not, Arisa wouldn't get any from Quinn in this house anymore.

"But tell me, what did you see in my daughter?" Claire questioned, then sipping her coffee again, her tone was anticipating.

I bit my lip, restraining myself from smiling so big. The thoughts of Khloe radiated a rainbow-like feeling within me. I could tell her Mom that I clearly had no idea at all because Khloe in my mind and my heart was completely indescribable. No words could define how she could make me feel every time she did something or nothing at all. However, it seemed her Mom wanted answers so I just kinda used my heart to do the rest of talking.

"She's— She's really pretty­– like badass pretty," I giggled at my own words. "At first though, she was complicated as a person but in time, I was able to grasp her kindness and the positivity she conveys every day. She's a reliable person with strong will and dedication in everything she does. She understands me more than anyone, especially when it comes to art. She always encourages me and supports me all the way no matter what. Your daughter is a great person. And that's what I see but those words don't do justice to how great she is."

"Hmmm, sounds like you're a girl in love. Does my daughter even aware of it?" Claire teased me and I didn't know how to act around her anymore as I hid my face in my hands, blushing.

"A little bit... but am I really talking about this with you right now, of all people?" I shyly breathed out, dropping my hands to hold my cup of coffee. Too bad, the heat in my core increased, completely in disbelief that I was talking about love with Khloe's mother.

"Why not?" Claire mused. "I was also a girl in love long ago. And that dear, was really sweet of you. I like you for my daughter, I really do. Well, as far as I know, you're my daughter's first but still..."

"Thank you," I said, internally giving myself a tap on my shoulder.

"You're welcome, sweets," Claire winked at me before sipping her coffee again. As I drink my own, I started to feel better compared a while ago. Who wouldn't? Khloe's Mom already said she liked me for her daughter and it was a pretty big accomplishment.

Placing her cup back on the table, Claire cleared her throat and then her whole aura changed for some reason. "But can you do me a favor? Will you listen to it, Hilary?"

I nodded eagerly. "Of course."

"Wait a moment." Claire stood up and stormed out of the kitchen and after a few seconds, she came back with a picture frame in her hand. Once she seated, she handed out the picture frame to me and I looked at it in curiosity. It was a picture of her young self and next to her was a man which I presumed, Khloe's father. They were sitting on a familiar place, yeah it was so familiar to me because they were in Khloe's tree house. What really surprised me was the little chubby girl on the man's lap.

With a short bob hairstyle, the girl was wearing a mickey mouse headband and she was clothed with polka dots red dress. By the color of her eyes, which were almost green, I could tell that this chubby girl was my girlfriend, Khloe. Her face was in complete happiness as her mother and father embraced her with so much love.

"Khloe's so cute I'm melting. I'd like to pinch her cheeks," I said, my eyes remained at my girlfriend 's young self at the photo. I couldn't believe that slim Khloe didn't tell me she lost a lot of weight since her childhood.

"She had a cute ass, too," Claire and I laughed at that statement. "But because of her appearance, she used to get bullied at school. So you're looking at a different Khloe now. This part of her is insecure, afraid and full of doubts. Did you know what made her change?"

My eyes shifted up to Claire and she was shaking her head as if she was reminiscing a terrible memory.

"After her father died, Khloe became more quiet and reluctant. So what I did was, I brought her to her half-sister the whole summer break because I knew that they needed to heal each other from the loss of their parent. I told Khloe to protect Quinn because siblings do that forever. But I didn't anticipate that Quinn would break. She questioned my daughter about her capabilities of protecting her by mocking her appearance. 'How could a chubby girl protect me?' That was exactly the right words from Quinn.

"I couldn't blame her though. Quinn had so much on her plate at such a young age. Khloe was more fortunate because at least, she had me. I made Khloe understand that even if it was really hard for her to unintentionally be disgusted by her own sister. Since then, she worked herself out there because she told me she would do anything to protect her sister— to prove to Quinn her worth. She watched her diet, become addicted to body workouts and learned Aikido martial arts. And she'd really proven it to her sister. Quinn eventually apologized."

"Wow, that's great and she's also a martial artist," I said in amazement.

Claire chuckled. "A bit. Can't say she's a martial artist because something happened."

"What happened?"

"Khloe and Quinn had this summer camp. One of the campers tried to molest Khloe. Luckily, Quinn found her before he could even damage her and she saved the day. Can you imagine my daughter learning Aikido but couldn't protect herself? I don't really know what happened because I wasn't there but Quinn mentioned Khloe was different at that moment. But one event showed me that little Khloe is still inside her."

I frowned as I held Claire's fearful eyes.

"I didn't know that she was involved in a gang and she got into a car accident because of it. She was in the state of coma for a week. I almost lost her."

I nodded. "Yeah, she sorts of mentioned it to us."

Claire sighed. "When she woke up, she was completely disoriented. The doctor told me it was normal for her to get trauma and she would recover in time, more like a few months. But her behavior suddenly changed a day after as if nothing terrible happened. She came back being so perky and energetic. Quinn and I found it odd so I made her promise to watch her sister closely."

My frown deepened. "But maybe because she's just a strong person in general which is so true from what I've witnessed so far."

Claire leaned forward and reached for my hand. I let her hold me as I gazed at her respectfully. "Khloe might appear strong, confident and optimistic but I felt it, Quinn felt it— inside, Khloe is the weakest person. And someday she will break. So please do me a favor, I want you to stay strong for her when that time finally comes. Do you hear me?"

I nodded eagerly, squeezing her hands lightly to tell her that I was listening. "I hear you. I'll do my best."

Claire smiled warmly at me and I smiled back at her, although there was a storm at the back of my head.

No way Khloe is weak, right?

•••••

Author's Note:

My Hilary is so precious to be destroyed by the storm so I really don't want her to get hurt. Maybe I should scratch this story outline and rewrite all over again. She's too important to me and I can't breath just thinking about her pain because of my cruelty. Yeah, maybe I should reconsider.

Three chapters more to go then we'll finally get to know Khloe more. I feel like in this whole Hilary's POV, we really don't know much about Khloe Summer but it has to stay that way until we get to her part. And this chapter is just a glimpse of her. Hoping you enjoyed it.

Smut or keep the story pure?

•••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884K 14.3K 30
[COMPLETE] Elle and Aurora absolutely hate each other but once forced to spend time with each other for a school project, will that all change?? Just...
407K 18.7K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
38K 2.4K 39
An angry senior grieving the absence of a best friend navigates a blended family and finds hope in first love. Kareena hates everything. Freya is lo...
130K 3.5K 36
Taylor had Natalia as her bestfriend for 6 years. Key word: HAD Past tense. Why? Because Natalia found out that Taylor loves her and she pushed her a...