Caught in the Middle (Alpha v...

بواسطة Notwhoyouhinkiam

We've heard of stories of people finally finding their mate and living happily ever after but having two mate... المزيد

A Familiar Face
Pretty Odd
Party Planning
The Job Interview
Surprise!
Confessions of a Teenage Werewolf
Meeting Mr. Collins and Mr. Collins
"Oh Snap!"
Running Away From Problems
The Closet
Mates and Marks
Truths and Inappropriate Jokes
Oh Boy...
Back Downs and Breakdowns
It's Quiet...Too Quiet
Keeping Scores
Losing All Said Straws
Flirtatious Giggles and Serious Situations
Pack Wars and Misunderstandings
It's a Conspiracy!
The Last Tears (Part 1)
The Last Tears (Part 2)

Caught in the Middle

23.2K 304 24
بواسطة Notwhoyouhinkiam

Chapter 1

These are my Friends

I carried the last box from the 1964 Ford Truck my dad had given me for my sixteenth birthday. We’d been grabbing, stacking and placing boxes and furniture around the house all day. Sam let out a huge sigh of relief, wiping non-existent sweat from his forehead. His black trilby hat was tipped over to the side and his converse laces were trailing on the wooden floorboards. Sam’s once laughing eyes were clouded by fake exhaustion and his hair looked like it hadn’t seen a comb in months.

“Holy crap my back hurts! I’m gonna need to borrow my grandmother’s walking stick for the next couple of weeks,” he said, crouching as if he’d just ran a 42km marathon.

“Are you kidding me? Ash, Cassie and I did all the work!” Elle exclaimed, placing her hands on her tiny hips. Her face was an even brighter red than her hair.

“Oh please, I pulled out that box,” he said defensively, pointing to the box to further prove his point.

“It was empty!” we cried simultaneously.

“Fine! If you don’t appreciate all of my hard work around here, I won’t grace you with my presence any further,” he replied dramatically, turning around, walking away and slamming the door. Sam was always fun to be around. His arguments and constant fights with Elle were always hilarious. Cassie and I used to record them a few years back when I used to live here. We’d upload them to YouTube and everything.

“In 5…4…3…2…1…” Elle counted on her fingers with her right hand and pointed to the door with her left.

“Are you still doing movie night?” he asked, waltzing back in.

“Duh,” Elle replied nonchalantly, picking at her nails before she walked towards me mouthing, “Predictable.”

“Yeah, sure,” I smirked, “Welcome back, Drama Queen.”

Cassie giggled as Sam scoffed, jumping on my sofa, kicking back.

“Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I’m gonna whack you with a spoon,” I warned.

“And I shall yell abuse at the top of my lungs.”

“Who’s gonna come save you? The nearest police station is a mile away,” countered Elle.

“Just stuff your face with some gay bacon,” he said, handing her a plastic, purple bucket filled with sugary, coloured strips of sweet goodness.

Cassie walked over to my box of movies (or as Sam calls it, our ‘Movox’), closed her eyes and dipped her hand in, reaching for a movie.

“And the movie is…?” I asked, filling my mouth with M&Ms.

“Drum roll please!” Elle exclaimed, motioning to Sam. He grabbed two strips of the candy bacon and drummed on the purple bucket. Cassie rolled her eyes.

“You guys are ridiculous. And it’s…Case39…Can we pick something else?” She asked, blushing in a small voice.

“Aww, is wittle Cassie scawed?” he said in a baby voice, pouting.

“Pfft, no,” Cassie replied, blushing an even deeper shade of red than she already was.

“You know it’s kind of our thing to see the first movie which comes up. If something pops up in the movie, you can cover your eyes and provided there isn’t too much gore, I’ll tell you what’s happening,” I smiled warmly.

“Okay, I guess,” she said, putting the movie in, “I’ll go grab some drinks.”

20 minutes into the movie and we’d already eaten all the sweets I’d bought. I thought Sam would be on a sugar rush by now but apparently his sugar capacity was much higher than I’d thought. His hands were on his head and his mouth slightly open. He was watching the movie with such intensity that it was hilarious, unlike Elle who just kept going on how gorgeous Bradley Cooper was.

“But he’s so adorable! Emily totally should get with him. I mean, did you see how sweet and good with kids he is?!” Throughout the movie, all Elle talked about was him…that is, until he died when she finally stopped. Cassie was snuggling a pillow close to her chest, her eyes wide open. A woman screamed in the movie, making Cassie jump slightly and claw onto the pillow even harder which in turn, made me smile. I really missed all of my friends.

At some point, one of the characters who’s in a mental institute stands up and starts jumping from one table to another. Officers attempted to grab the man countless of times. We were all laughing our heads off, coaxing the guy to jump faster and higher to cause more chaos…that is…until he slipped and died…I won’t go into the details. The room fell silent and the clock ticked off 5 seconds before Sam spoke his usual words of wisdom;

“Ewww! That’s so gooey!” His words definitely contrasted because Sam had quite a deep, manly voice.

“Since when do guys say gooey?” I laughed, wiping a stray tear off my face.

“I’m not like most guys,” he smiled, arching his eyebrows.

“You can say that again,” Elle scoffed, making us laugh harder because Sam didn’t take that comment too well.

After the movie ended, we decided to stay up and talk for a while, maybe catch up. I’d been gone for quite some time and probably missed a bucket load.

“I’m really glad you’re back, Ash. I missed all this,” Cassie smiled at me.

“Yeah. How have you been anyways? You know…after what happened?” Elle asked, looking at the floor and picking at pieces of fluff on my carpet.

“I’ve been okay actually. I mean, I miss him of course and I think about him everyday but being sad is not going to bring him back.” Sam nodded and looked at me with sorry eyes. He of all people, knew how close I was to my dad.

“So, umm…Where’s Sean anyway?” I asked to break the silence.

“He’s out patro…I mean,” He glanced at Elle and quickly changed his words,” He’s out with some friends.” As you might have noticed, Elle is human, where as Sam, Cassie and I are werewolves. They form part of the Blackwood Pack and Sam’s even the Beta. I was fifteen when I left this town. I hadn’t become a werewolf yet and so, I never really formed part of a pack. Some would call me a rogue, although that’s still inaccurate because I didn’t run away from anywhere. I was one of those ‘special’ wolves. Neither of my parents are or were werewolves and neither is my sister. Legend has it that girls of no werewolf DNA would become werewolves to serve a purpose. The purpose would be something old-fashioned. I assumed that I was destined to be an Alpha’s mate and Luna since a Luna must always have the ability to transform but still, sometimes these thing don’t play out so well and aren’t that simple. Since I was the only werewolf in the family, I couldn’t ask questions and was always kept in the dark. I had trouble controlling my abilities when I first received them and ended up in the library for hours on end, trying to find out what is fact and what is fiction. I was hoping Cassie could give me some information about the whole being a werewolf thing.

“Sean got so excited when he heard you were coming back,” Elle said, nudging me in the stomach with her elbow and completely interrupting my train of thought.

“Really?” I asked and smiled at her.

“Oh please, he hasn’t stopped talking about you since you left,” After she said that I couldn’t stop the blush for forming across my cheeks. Thank God I had tanned skin. If Sam saw me blushing he would never let me hear the end of it.

“Is he…um…” I started.

“Dating someone? No, he hasn’t dated since you left.” Elle said, getting up to place her empty coke bottle on the table.

“What’s your plan Ash? Now that you’re back and don’t have a family to support you…” Cassie started.

“What are you talking about? She has us!” Sam said, smiling at me.

“Of course she does but that’s not what she meant,” Elle continued, fighting Cassie’s battle for her,” Cass meant financially. A department in which you most definitely can’t help.”

“Having an out-of-money experience are we Sam?” I laughed.

“Aren’t we all?” He replied, getting up for yet another bag of chips. I swear if Sam wasn’t a werewolf, he’d probably be too fat to pass through my door. I guess being a supernatural freak had its advantages sometimes.

There it is, the first chapter to my new werewolf story. This chapter is dedicated to mah bestie who's helping me write this story and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Not the best start I must admit but anyways. Comments and votes are always appreciated. Add this to your library if you enjoyed it, there's a lot more of where this came from. Criticism will be taken into account. Thanks for reading! :D

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

207K 5.3K 35
After years on the run only looking out for herself and one other, Astra must confront her worst nightmare. Not only is she now trapped by the rules...
21.1K 210 16
He soon To Be Alfa She new in Town Will he give up his player life for her will she be able to forgive and move on?? MATES https://youtu.be/ZtsLYPh...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
436K 14K 31
Ashely was a normal girl. well more or less. her old pack tortured her... but when a change of events happened she found herself with her mate, Zane...