Church Sex Camp

By ejhopkins

Not all people of faith believe that sex (even before marriage) is bad. Sex is a form of commitment, pleasure... More

IMPORTANT
Prologue
Just a Few Classes Offered
Chapter 1- Required
Chapter 2- Maintenance
Chapter 3- Class
Chapter 4- Dinner
Chapter 5- Teach
Chapter 6- Breakfast
Chapter 7- Pain
Chapter 8- Water
Chapter 9- Sunday
Chapter 10- Surprise
Chapter 11- Healing
Chapter 12- Fear
Chapter 13- Confession
Chapter 15- Different
Chapter 16- Rest
Chapter 17- Forward
Chapter 18- New
Chapter 19- Top
Chapter 20- Wedding
Chapter 21- Reception
Chapter 22- Room
Chapter 23- Exes
Chapter 24- Regret
Chapter 25- Home
Chapter 26- Closing
Chapter 27- Change
Chapter 28- Death
Chapter 29- Grief
Chapter 30- Resolve
Chapter 31- Mute
Chapter 32- Free
Chapter 33- Onward
Epilogue

Chapter 14- Stress

1.6K 44 3
By ejhopkins

My throat felt like a cat got caught in it and scratched everywhere, then left a huge furball inside. I remember the allergic reaction, the frantic rush to finds my meds, Eli... Eli!

I opened my eyes to see a very emotional Megan. I wanted to say her name, but realized I had a mask over my mouth. I finally got her attention by coughing as loud as my sore throat allowed, her head jumped up and she was at my side in about half a second. She ran out of the room, I assumed to get a nurse, even though she could have just hit the call button. That was Meg though.

A minute later she ran back in, a nurse walked behind at a steady pace. She checked my vitals and said she had notified the doctor, so he would only be a few minutes. He was the one who would decide if the oxygen could come off. I was starting to get anxious. My throat was so scratchy, I needed water, bad.

Once he came in and gave the okay to take me off the oxygen, a cup of water with a straw, was in front of me. It took three full cups to feel like I could talk, even a little.

"Eli?"

The question was to Megan, but she looked like she didn't know what to say.

"What?"

"He kind of got kicked out and banned from the hospital for a few days. Apparently he got into a fight with someone who was being rude. I don't know all the details. Oh! I need to call him! Be right back."

I was a mix of emotions. On one hand, how could he do that when I was in here possibly dying? On the other hand, it meant that he was so worked up that all it took was someone being rude to send him over the edge. He was worried about me. Even though he definitely shouldn't have done that, it was obvious he was struggling. I wanted to see him more than ever. If he wasn't allowed back here, then it could be days. I just had to pray that they released me soon. This had happened before, it'd been a long time, but I know my body and I heal pretty quickly.

Megan came back in and handed me her phone, the huge grin on her face told me exactly who it was.

"Eli?"

"God, CeCe! I'm so sorry! I can't believe I did this to you! If you had... if..."

"Shhhh... I'm okay. You don't need to be sorry. Now I know what mayo tastes like."

I let out a small laugh, but unfortunately that sent me into a coughing fit. Meg grabbed some more water and I didn't realize I had dropped the phone on the bed. I heard yelling and went to grab the phone, but Megan was faster.

"She's fine, don't worry. Just needed water. I promise, she's in one piece. Mmhhmm... Yep... No... Fine! Here."

She handed me the phone with an exaggerated eye roll.

"Hey"

"Ok, you, no more talking. I can't deal with that happening again."

My heart swelled and I could feel tears forming.

"I love you.... I love you and I'm not going to let that ever happen again. I've already gotten everything with egg in it out of my house. I went to the health food store this morning and had them help me find egg-free stuff. They even had egg-free mayo. Wasn't sure how that could possibly be any good, but it actually is. I'm impressed. So, meals are here from now on, no arguments."

"But..."

"No, no talking, remember? Ok, I seriously won't make it through something like that again. I know you're the one who got hurt, but this is a first for me, in a lot of ways. I need to know you're safe."

That's when the tears finally let loose. Meg looked at me in horror and took the phone from me.

"What did you say to her? She's balling her eyes out! I swear if you... Oh. Well, okay then.... Uh huh... Will do. Bye."

She hung up and found a box of tissues to hand me.

"So, he's pretty cool. He wants hourly updates and to find out when you're getting out of here.

I was about to say that it may be at least a day. For small attacks I've been in and out, but losing consciousness, that meant a full day of observation.

"No, ma'am! No talking! As much as I love your raspy voice, I agree with your caveman, rest your throat and drink water. Dr. Caveman's orders."

That made me laugh, which made me cough, again.

"Shit! Sorry, I'm too funny for my own good! Here, drink."

More water, ugh! After another full cups, she filled up the pitcher and put it on the rolling tray. Then she went to ask about breakfast, I was starving. All I had eaten since yesterday morning, well except the evil sandwich that put me in here. She came back in and explained that they would have to put together a special menu, of no eggs and easy on the throat. I hated allergies.

Once I ate my breakfast of Jell-O and pudding, I went back to sleep. Around noon my cell rang, it was my mother. As much as I wanted to answer, I knew she would flip out the second she heard my voice. So I sent her a text saying I was busy and would get back to her the next day. Her text back was not what I was expecting.

Mom- I need to talk to you now. Paul called me. Since when are you seeing someone? Did you know that he broke Paul's nose and jaw?! He could barely talk. I'm worried about you, sweetie. Paul was gentlemanly enough to turn the other cheek, but I won't be as kind to this new "man" of yours. I don't want to see you get hurt by some neanderthal. Call me ASAP!

That's not good! I quickly sent off a text to Meg to not answer any calls from my mom, then fowarded the one mom sent me. She sent me a text back right away.

Meg- no way!!! She still thinks the Paul is some saint?! WTH!? Eli would never hurt you... well other than try to kill you with mayo. 😉 anyway! Everything is under control here, rest up and don't you dare talk! Luv u!

Me- LOL. I'm glad no one misses me! I'll be quiet, don't worry. And I luv u 2! ❤️

I called the hospital cafeteria. Even though Eli didn't want me talking, I had to order lunch. They said they'd check to see if I could have solid foods yet, if not it would be soup. After about ten minutes, the doctor came back in to see how my throat was healing, he was mostly happy with it, but not about my breathing. I guess I hadn't really noticed, but I wasn't getting enough air yet. So I had to get nebulizer treatments, I hated nebulizer treatments! But if it meant getting out the next morning, I was all for it.

Lunch came and went, I was able to have soup with bread and butter. No crackers yet, but I preferred bread anyway. After that and a nap, I was getting anxious to see people. The nurses were nice enough, but I wanted Eli. It was weird, I'd gone my whole life without him, and after two weeks, I was missing him after a day.

Megan came into the room around 5:30pm, looking like death. I felt so bad. Doing a full day, then sitting with me all night, another full day, then coming back... I begged her to go back and rest. She brought me my Bibles, so I got back to my studies.

Dinner was a little better. Chicken and rice, I had to cut it up small, but it tasted surprisingly good for hospital food. It took a long time to fall asleep, I hadn't had to sleep so much in years, so finally they gave me something to help and I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

The doctor came in first thing and said I could go if I promised to take it easy for a few days. The lack of oxygen had done a number on me, I understood that. So I emphatically agreed, as long as I could leave. I called Meg and asked if she could get away to pick me up. I told her it would only be about 20 minutes before I was ready to go.

As the nurse pushed me out in a wheelchair, hospital rules, I noticed it wasn't Meg that came to get me. Eli was waiting at the curb, outside of his truck and fidgeting. As soon as he saw me he ran up and asked why I was in a wheelchair. The nurse laughed and explained I was fine, just something they have to do for everyone. I stood easily and hugged him with all I had. His embrace was both crushing and gentle at the same time.

"I missed you."

That made me smile from ear to ear.

"I missed you too, so much!"

He acted like he wanted to kiss me, but wasn't sure if he could. So I kissed him. He deepened the kiss and only stopped when we heard a light cough behind us. The poor nurse looked so uncomfortable. She explained that she had to make sure I got in the car and wasn't planning on driving. Then she gave my post-stay information to Eli and a script for more EpiPens. He listed to her intently, it was so sweet.

After running to the drug store and dropping off my script, we headed back to his place. I knew there was a back entrance, but hadn't realized it was just past the office, which was next to his house. So, it didn't take long. When we went in, he acted like I had broken all my bones. He insisted on carrying me, wouldn't even let me out of the truck until I agreed. He struggled to open the door with me in his arms and it was a full minute before I finally squirmed out of his hold.

Breakfast was amazing. He once again made me pancakes and bacon, I could seriously get used to pancakes! I wish I had taken the time to learn allergy friendly recipes before now, but I was hardly ever home to cook, so I guessed it wasn't a big deal.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

"Yes!!! Oh my goodness, I need one bad. I thought about taking one this morning, but I didn't have my stuff. Meg brought me clothes, but I didn't even think about shampoo. Oh! Teeth! I must have the worst breath ever!"

"I didn't notice, honest. Your stuff is still in my bathroom. Have at it."

I practically ran to his room. I felt so dirty. When I went in I noticed something different. I looked for the bag that I had packed for my initial two days at his place, but couldn't find it. So I checked in his closet and about lost it. All my clothes were there, hanging or folded. They smelled clean and pressed. Tears burned my eyes and when I turned around, he was there, watching me.

"I told you, you're staying here. I wasn't going to have you living out of a suitcase, going to and from the cabin. What kind of a host would I be?"

"I guess not a very good one."

He smiled and started to close in, but I backed away and held up a hand to my mouth.

"No! I need to brush and shower first!"

"Sweetheart, we've already kissed. I think I'll be okay."

Horror struck me as I realized how gross that must have been for him. Paul had always refused to get anywhere near me until I was totally clean. Later in our marriage I found it to be a blessing, but early on it just felt like rejection.

"Right, well I'd still prefer to clean up first. Thanks though."

I grabbed some fresh clothes and headed for the bathroom. Everything felt different, but oh so good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 8 57
This is the second section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. This section is the section on the Life in Christ. It covers the liturgy and th...
10.9K 974 19
JESUS CHRIST SAVES ✔ Ambassadors are constantly being recruited on social media, but did you know that before you were born, God called you to be His...
176 61 11
"I want you to belong to someone Ruth." Adira said, her voice softer. "I want you to be able to breathe in a world where everything is placed on a wo...
750 135 41
Navigating parenthood doesn't come with an instructional manual. Now before you go saying 'Cathy, they have those you know' I will say "Sure, they h...