The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus...

By RebelChild99

The name is Evangeline Salvatore, my goal is survival. In a world of vampires and werewolves it's survival of... More

The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus Mikaelson Story)
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade
Chapter 4: Vamp-Napped
Chapter 5: Plans
Chapter 6: Richmond
Chapter 7: Klaus
Chapter 8: Mystic Falls
Chapter 9: Deals
Chapter 10: The Dagger
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 11: Drinks
Chapter 12: Kill Me
Chapter 13: AlaricKlaus
Chapter 14: Curse
Chapter 15: Stefan
Chapter 16: Ray Sutton
Chapter 17: Chicago
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: Mikael Mikaelson
Chapter 20: Illumination Night
Chapter 21: Hatred
Chapter 22: Compulsion
Chapter 23: Scotland
Chapter 24: Meetings
Chapter 25: Remembrence
Chapter 26: Broken Trust
Chapter 28: Kat
Chapter 29: Technology Sucks
Chapter 30: The Mikaelson Maze
Chapter 31: We Can Break
Chapter 32: Asshat
Chapper 33: Decade Dance
Chapter 34: Doppelbitch
Chapter 35: Alaric The Indestructible
Chapter 36: Gone Wrong
Chapter 37: The Bitch Is Dead
Sequel

Chapter 27:Polite Chit-Chat

8.4K 246 13
By RebelChild99

Evangeline POV:

“Uh, if everyone could gather.” Elijah spoke up over the murmur, silencing it as everyone looked to the staircase where he and his family stood. The only one I didn’t recognize is the one that caught my attention, this was Finn Mikaelson. The man that had spent 900 years in a coffin because of Klaus. “Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it’s tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance.” My gaze then landed on a woman as she descended the staircase. “Tonight’s pick is a centuries old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner and join us in the ballroom.”

Elijah descended the staircase and his eyes caught sight of me easily. “What are you doing here? I thought you left with-“

“You don’t have to act like you didn’t know about the compulsion; Kol has explained and I understand.”

“What do you mean?”

“1911, the year Kol was daggered by Klaus.”

“That was never meant for you to know. Rebekah and I tried to make sure it didn’t.”

“Well now I know and I’ve cut ties with him.” Saying it out loud was like lifting an enormous weight from my shoulders. “Now, are you going to let me step on your feet or was once enough?”

Elijah smiled and held his arm out. “May I have this dance?”

“You may.” I linked my own arm through his and let him lead me towards the ballroom. “I hope you know that my dancing has yet to improve since the thirties.”

“Your dancing has yet to improve at all.”

“Give me some credit; at least I’ve stopped having to stand on your feet.” I declared proudly as Elijah showed me how to get in the appropriate position to start the dance. “What are the steps?”

“Just follow my lead; you’ll get it before we have to switch.”

I looked over at him as the dance began. “Wait, switch? I’m going to embarrass myself!”

“You,” Elijah began as he spun me to face him completely, “will do fine. Just make sure you don’t break his toes.”

I scoffed. “I wouldn’t break his toes since it’s more likely I will be paired with a vampire. Or Matt, but I won’t break his toes.”

“Since when are you logical?”

“Since my logical brother lost his humanity to your impulsive one.”

“Alright, changing the subject. Have I told you how good you look yet?”

“No I don’t believe you have; do tell.”

“Red suits you and nobody will be able to see blood on it.”

“How very thoughtful, Elijah, that is exactly why I chose this dress.”

“You look enchanting, Evangeline. I’m sure my brother is losing his mind.”

“He better be; otherwise I’ve wasted five minutes of my life for nothing.”

The topic of Klaus bothered me a lot less than I would have thought. It was easy to joke about it with Elijah; he really did know how to lighten the mood. That comes from decades spent with me.

“I’m going to swap you off now, go break some toes.” I glared at Elijah for a second before I was spun right into someone else.

I glanced at my new partner and relaxed when I realized it was not Klaus as I had feared it would be. It was a complete stranger. “I’m Xavier.” He introduced himself and I smiled.

“Evangeline. I apologize in advance for my lack of dancing skills. I get it from years spent not dancing.”

“You’re doing perfect so far.”

“So far.”

“So tell me about yourself. We know you have moderate dancing ability, what else is there?”

“Well my family is pretty much wiped out; it’s just my brothers and I. People think it’s odd that we’re unaffected by that, but my father was despicable. I’ve traveled most my life and I intend to do that for the rest of it. Mystic Falls is my hometown, my brothers and I make it back every now-and-then. Other than that; it’s a sad lonely life that I lead.”

“At least you know what you want and have your brothers.”

“What is your life like?”

“My parents got divorced when I was young then they both remarried. I was raised in East Yorkshire, England and moved here to Virginia when I was 18; left my old life behind to start a new one. I’m currently attending university at Whitmore.”

“What are you studying?”

“Law. I’ve always been good at arguing and I believe prosecution is the best way to do what I’m good at while making the world a bit safer.”

If only he knew what I was, he wouldn’t want to dance with me then. “What’s to say it isn’t safe already? I believe the things that happen are meant to happen; some people can’t control themselves or what they do.”

“There’s always a choice.”

I drew back as the dance ended. “It’s been a pleasure speaking with you; there’s something I need to do.” I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. Instantly, I spun his arm behind him and strained it slightly.

“Evangeline!” I looked around me, catching the gazes of some people as Rebekah ran up to me.

I released his arm and he turned to me, surprised. “I’m so sorry; I just have a bad experience with people grabbing me.”

“I understand.” He responded, it was my turn to be surprised. “I just didn’t expect that.”

I laughed, trying to brush it off. “I took self defense and a bit of martial arts.”

“Well remind me not to pick a fight with you.”

“Evangeline!” I turned around once more, this time finding my older brother. What was with everyone calling my name? “Why are you here and who is this?”

“I’m here because I can be and this is Xavier.” I introduced my human friend as Damon stood beside me, eyeing the human the way he eyed any human I talked to. “Xavier, this is Damon. He’s my older brother.”

“Yes I am and I would like for you, Xavier, to know that I am always watching. Don’t get any ideas.”

My head snapped to Damon, horrified. This is why I had no human friends. “Don’t you have someone else to bother? I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself.”

“Need I remind you of your ex-boyfriends? We can begin with your first boyfriend; Dennis Walters. If I recall correctly; father had to kick him out of the house for vulgarity. That was when you were 13. Next came Logan Young, my god could he talk-“

“Says the one giving us a monologue.” Rebekah snorted, glaring at him. “I am capable of judging this young gentleman and deeming him as I see fit. Shoo!”

I looked at our small group as Damon and Rebekah stared each other down. “Well, Xavier, it was nice to meet you. Maybe we could continue this later? I have someone I need to talk to.”

Xavier looked over at me and nodded. “Of course, I’m going to get a drink.”

The second Xavier disappeared; Damon was in front of me. “Who do you need to speak with?”

“Finn Mikaelson.”

Rebekah was immediately staring at me. “What on earth do you need with Finn?” She questioned.

“Well I’ve never met him so I thought I would introduce myself. Why? Is he horrible or something?”

“No, I was just confused.”

“Alright then, do you know where I could find him?”

Damon muttered something under his breath as he checked his phone, Rebekah shook her head. I gave them a quick wave and walked off.

My search for the wayward Mikaelson began in the foyer. If he wasn’t in here then perhaps I could find someone to direct me in his direction; this house was simply a fancy maze. People created a small gap as I walked past them, allowing me to walk comfortably around the room.

I made two full circles and found nothing so I decided t try another room. This room was also filled with people except less densely. My eyes easily caught sight of Matt Donovan and I was instantly walking in his direction. “Matt!” I called and he turned to look at me.

“Evangeline.” He greeted as I came to a stop in front of him. “What are you doing here? Elena told me you left for good.”

“I didn’t. My brothers and best friend practically kidnapped me and manipulated me into staying away. Now that I have that figured; I have returned.”

“Forgive me if I find that a bit strange. Your brothers kidnapped you? Couldn’t they have just asked?”

“That’s exactly what I thought, but they’re both extremists and Katherine is extreme in her protective nature. She wanted me away from Klaus.”

“I think we all want you away from him. If you die then your brothers won’t exactly be happy. They’d probably kill half the town.”

“They still could have asked.” I puffed, hating the fact he wasn’t siding with me. “Have you seen Finn Mikaelson anywhere? I can’t find him.”

“I think he went upstairs. Finn is the one with the dark brown hair?”

“Yes, I’ve never met him so I’d like to introduce myself.”

“Well, like I said, I think he went upstairs.”

“Thanks for your help, Matt, even thought it will most likely get me lost. This house is enormous.”

“That doesn’t surprise me.” Matt smiled as I began walking towards the foyer.

The people weren’t as polite this time and I was left to wade through them. The only good part to this was that I saw Finn Mikaelson coming down one of the staircases. It was the one closest to me which I was thankful for. That’s when I realized how creepy I was being; Finn didn’t even know who I was.

My thought process, however, was cut short when someone cleared their throat. “You, I’m assuming, are Evangeline Salvatore.” I looked to the speaker, it was unsurprisingly Finn Mikaelson. “I’m Finn Mikaelson.”

A hand was held out to me and I shook it. “That’s me; it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” He seemed a lot more accustomed to modern customs and behavior than I’d expected him to be. But despite his Old English accent, he seemed perfectly normal. “You’re the one Klaus kept boxed up all the time, no offense, that is just the only thing I’ve heard about you.”

“Not surprising seeing as you’ve been keeping company with Niklaus.”

“If I could change that then I would. He and I aren’t really on good standings right now; I don’t think we ever will be again.”

“I see his manners have yet to improve. What did he do? I’m sure it can’t be worse than what he forced me to endure.”

“Well he plotted to kill me, he hunted me for a century, found me, broke all his promises, forced me to betray my family and friends, tried to kill my brother, and compelled my other brother to abandon his emotions. I don’t even think that’s all. Oh! He killed one of my best friends.”

“I would say that surprised me, but I have known Niklaus long enough that this does not shock me in the slightest. He isn’t exactly good nor is he honest.”

“I’ve come to realize that. It only took a little over a century.”

“Well that’s hardly a scratch in your life; at least you are not related to him.”

“You make a fair point, but if I were related to him then the past century would not have happened.”

“I see you’ve located my brother.” A voice spoke from directly beside me; effectively scaring me. I looked over at Kol as I tried to calm my nerves. I was being overly jumpy today. “What are the two of you discussing so seriously?”

“Our mutual loathing of Klaus.” I answered, finally able to breathe normally again. “A conversation that could occupy half this down for hours.”

“Half this town? That is an understatement.” Kol retorted and I smiled, the fact that discussing Klaus didn’t bother me was soothing. “I’m looking for that human Rebekah told me about, the one you tried to kill. I’m getting hungry.”

I glared at Kol as Finn grew slightly more awkward at the mention of hunger. I did not try to kill him and you are not going to. He’s the only normal person I know right now and I don’t need you eating him before I can make a new friend.”

“As if. Have you met you?”

“Says the one who is my friend.”

“Your only friend.”

“I don’t think so. I have Katherine and Sierra; she’s the one you tried to kill when Elijah let you out of your coffin. Then there’s Matt Donovan; Rebekah’s date. And finally Tyler Lockwood, a hybrid.”

“You’re friends with a hybrid? I haven’t even met any of them, other than Nik, and I hate them.”

“Not really friend; in fact, I barely know the kid, I’m just trying to prove a point here. I have plenty of friends.”

Before the argument could continue there was a series of clinks and my attention was diverted to the woman on the staircase; Esther Mikaelson. There was a day Rebekah had shared their family history with me. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen.” She smiled at the crowd, holding a champagne glass in one of her hands. “Waiters are coming around with champagne; I’d like to invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It brings me no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. Thank you all for being a part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!” She raised her glass.

A waiter passed us and Kol grabbed two glasses from his tray, handing one to me as Finn took one for himself. “Cheers!” We all responded and the crowd raised their glasses before taking a drink.

I brought my cup to my lips and instead of taking a small sip; I drank the entire glass. It had been a while since I last had champagne and I was in need of some alcohol.

“Here I was thinking you’d be a lightweight.” For the second time tonight, I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sound of a voice. This time it belonged to Xavier; the only person I ‘knew’ that had no idea what I was.

I smiled as Kol smirked and Finn looked at Xavier confused, probably hearing the heartbeat. “I was Just about to look for you. Guys this is Xavier.” I introduced, I had honestly just been about to drink the rest of Kol’s drink as well. I needed to go to an AA meeting or something; I’d bring Damon with me. “Xavier this is Kol Mikaelson,” I gestured to Kol, “and Finn Mikaelson.”

Xavier nodded in acknowledgement at the two Mikaelsons; hopefully not noticing the pure menace radiating off Kol. He had never liked humans; not in the time I’ve known him. “It’s a pleasure. So what has you drinking so much?”

“She’s an alcoholic, just can’t help herself.” Kol answered for me.

I went to jab his gut, but quickly stopped myself. I knew how that would end. “If anyone is alcoholic, it’s you Kol; I just appreciate a glass or two. It’s refreshing.”

“I apologize for them, I can already tell they do this often.” Finn spoke for the first time in a while and I silently thanked him. No doubt Xavier was beginning to contemplate the nearest asylum. “Excuse me.”

Finn walked off and was soon headed upstairs again, leaving Kol and I with what would hopefully be a new friend, but I doubted this at the present moment.

Here’s chapter 27 J

~Mikaela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

963K 17.6K 42
Over a century has passed since Liliana has seen her brothers. So when she finally decides to visit, it brings a shock to everyone. But Lily didn't j...
238K 5.8K 44
Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in school and on the cheerleading squad sta...
5.8K 217 47
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Samantha Williams, Who is friends with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline, end up being in Prison world with Damon and Bonnie. She faced many cha...
803K 18.7K 32
[Completed] "I could love the devil as long as that devil loves me as much as he loves Hell" Evangeline Salvatore returns to Mystic Falls to see her...