Saving Who?

By seemah870

She seeked solace in kneading dough and icing tiers of cakes, but Katherina Baker was given an ultimatum by h... More

Saving Who?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 32

65.4K 1.4K 303
By seemah870

Talen,

You're not going to like how this email is going to end. First thing, I forgive you. Sorry I snapped at you. It is no secret that women hate their man talking about other women. Yes I've fallen for you too. But we both know that I've been harboring these feelings for a VERY long time. Despite maintaining what we call "friend" status. That flew out the window when we started sending each other pictures. Which brings me to my main problem. The future. Our future. My future. Yours as well. 

I desperately need to move forward with my life. I find it difficult to do so because I feel like I'm tied to you. When actually I am not. I don't want to tell you who I am because truth is, I am afraid of what you'll think of me when you find out who I really am. 

I've got a huge opportunity to move on with my life. I've taken it. So this is the last email I'll be sending you. I'll be deactivating this account soon enough. I want you to know that this, is difficult for me. But it needs to be done. 

I will ALWAYS be thinking of you, praying for you. Just promise me, you'll be safe. I dream of the day we can go for concerts together, to go to parties together. But those are just.. dreams.

Remember, when you love someone, you love them with everything in you. You'd do anything and everything for them. That is love. 

I love you Talen. I know you love me too. 

Angel.xxx

That e-mail was imprinted into his mind. Talen watched her rush out of the venue, her nana and Jon looked at him in surprise.

He walked to them and asked "You guys knew all the while?"

"We have nothing to say. You know where she lives right?" Jon said.

"Of course." Jon walked out to the valet area and waited for his car to arrive.

His mind was reeling, his gut was right all the while. His angel, his baby girl was in front of him all the time. 

The sleek Aston Martin pulled up moments later and he got in and stepped on it. He headed to Malibu, speeding like his life depended on it.

Orient Bay was the name of the beach side condominium she lived in. The security was tight, it was as if the place was The White House. Talen hoped Jon came through by putting his name on the guest list to enter.

Thankfully, he did. Once he parked, he crossed the marble floored lobby that rivaled any 5 star hotel.

"Talen!" a voice called him and he turned to see Bree and Claire waiting in the corner.

"You're going to need this to access her floor's level. Don't mess it up man. She digs you a lot." Bree handed him a key card for the lift.

"Thanks guys." he entered the lift and pressed for the 35th floor. The metal doors opened and he trudged the quiet hallway and stood in front of the door with the gold embossed numbers '351'.

He took a deep breath and rang the bell.

Kat was in her room, packing her things up. She wanted to run again. Run off to anywhere but here. Talen looked like he saw a ghost when she said what she said. Just as she was about to zip her bag shut, the door bell rang.

Nana! How could she be so foolish to have left without telling Jon and nana!

"You guys, I'm so sorry--" she swung the door open, only to find Talen standing there.

His hair was ruffled, as if he had run his fingers through it out frustration, many times. Which was exactly what he had been doing.

Talen entered her hall and shut the door, without even waiting for her to ask him to, because he knew she wasn't going to.

"Talen, I don't know why you're here. You need to leave." she gulped.

"That e-mail you sent me, has been memorized and recited countless times. It's what made me realise what true love is. You said it word for word, and now you're denying it?" he took in her appearance.

He couldn't believe that she was afarid of him. "Baby, why are you afraid of me. You're the best damn thing ever." he didn't wait for her response. He just yanked her towards him and kissed her.

Her soft plump lips were pliable and moulded perfectly with his. Kat gave up denying it and let her hand roam over his clothes. When that wasn't enough, she pushed off his jacket. He kissed his way to the sweet spot at the base of her neck, where he once gave her a hickey.

Kat moaned with pleasure and pulled his hair at the base of his neck. She bit her lip at the immense pleasure she felt when he did that. She wanted to feel more of him, so she began to loosen his tie then pulled back from him. He looked at her, confusedly. She pulled him gently by his tie to her room, and if it was even possible, he got turned on even more.

She got rid of the tie, unbuttoned his shirt, kissing her way down. Removing the shirt, her eyes ate up the perfectly chiseled body of his. Wanting to give him a hickey like he had done to her, she did exactly that. She had him saying her name.

Deciding that it was unfair that he was less clothed than her, his hand went to the top of her dress zipper.

"Could I..?" he asked and she nodded her head.

"But.. I just need you to know--" she said pulling back and looking away from him.

"I'm not good at it.. you know why." she said embarrassed.

"Baby, what you're doing to me right now.. you're a pro. Don't worry about it. If you want, we can stop now." he said not wanting to make her feel pressured.

"You must be out of your fucking mind." she said stepping out of the dress and pushing him onto the bed.

He laughed and dragged her down and kissed her.

~~~~

When they were done making love, Kat's head laid on his chest, and their legs were tangled. Both of them felt like they were drugged.

"You kept my blanket." he said huskliy, while playing with her hair.

"Of course I did." her finger traced random patterns on his tight chest.

"You were planning on running?' he noticed the suitcase in the corner of the room.

"Yes, I was afraid of facing you." she looked up at him.

"I know I got mad when I found out the truth. But I'd never hurt you. Ever." he kissed her forehead.

"Mmmm I know. You're just a big softie." she bit his earlobe gently.

That seemed to awaken him more.

"Kat.. you need to rest after your first time." he sighed, trying to resist the temptation that was the goddess next to him.

"Why don't you... put on that army suit of yours again. So this time I can actually appreciate you in it." she whispered seductively to him.

He was out of the bed in a flash. He couldn't deny his woman could he?

~~~

"Open up there door you two. Enough monkeying around!" Claire said banging the door.

"Ignore them." Talen said sleepily.

"We can't stay in bed forever, can we?" Kat laughed softly and got out of bed.

Talen watched her go, and admired her bare body. "Stop staring at me." she said feeling his stare.

"Can't help it. I mean, look at you." he said seriously.

"Alright lover boy. Put some clothes on. I'm letting them in." she said putting on a loose t-shirt and shorts.

Kat opened the door and was greeted by Jon, Claire, Bree and her nana. They entered without her saying anything, as usual.

"How was it though. You have that sex look on your face." Claire giggled.

"You guys please. My nana is right here." Kat felt like banging her head on the wall.

"It's alright honey.. as long as you're using protection." she mocked.

"NANA staaahhhp." Kat was turning into a beet root.

"Alright, alright, I'll be in the kitchen as usual. Any suggestions for lunch?" she asked.

"I'd love for some grilled lamb chops." Talen emerged from Kat's room... shirtless.

"Sure honey." nana smiled at went into the kitchen.

"Hey guys. What's up." he said casually, sitting next to Kat on the sofa.

He placed his arm around her and kissed her temple.

All sex talk was shut down at his presence "So.. what are you guys planning on doing today?" Jon asked both of them. 

"After lunch, I have to run back to the office to sort some things out." he said casually.

"Talen honey! Could you come here. I need some help." nana called from the kitchen.

"Coming!" he got up from the sofa.

The four of them watched him go.

"That man has confidence. Walking around shirtless like that." Claire said, checking him out.

"Mmmm I get what you mean. He must have been a god in bed." Bree grinned.

"Shh you guys." Kat said freaking out.

"Come on. Spill. Tell us how you let it spill that you were the mystery girl, and what happened after. How was your first time..." Claire urged.

Kat told them everything and at the end of it they were beaming. "I'm happy you slipped up. The both of you look so good together. Seriously." Jon said.

"Guys, Rosa said lunch is ready."Talen said and they went into the dining room for lunch

After lunch was done, Jon and the girls helped nana out with washing up while Kat followed Talen into the room because he had to leave.

This time, she had the pleasure of watching him get dressed.

"So... I actually wanted to ask you something. I was a little.. shy to say it in front of your friends." he looked at her through the mirror.

"What is it?" she smiled sweetly, making his heart beat faster.

He turned around and asked "Would you go out with me? On a date? A proper date." he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"I'd love to. What time and where?" she stood in front of him to adjust the tie he was struggling to put on earlier. Kat loved the fact that he was a very private person. He never showed off, he never over shared.

"At about 7. I'll come get you. I know a cute Italian cafe at The Grove. If that's ok with you?"

"I'm game." she smiled then walked him down to the lobby.

"Alright, then. I'll see you later." she said giving him a hug.

Just as she started to walk away, he pulled her back to him and kissed her. "Now I'm good to go." he laughed.

~~~

"You look cute as hell." Bree said looking at Kat.

"Mmm gurl you gon' get some tonight. Sorry nan." Claire giggled.

"You look beautiful honey. He's lucky to have you." Rosa took in her beautiful girl's appearance. She really did come a long way.

"Woah.. you guys calm down. It's not like he asked me to be his girlfriend or anything. We haven't actually said we loved each other yet. Sure we've said it in the e-mails, but not yet in person." Kat said nervously. Her mind was filled with many 'what ifs'.

"You got a text from him. He's here!" Bree said unplugging her phone from the charger.

"Alright.. I'll see you guys.. whenever." Kat said grabbing her handbag.

"Go get em' tiger!!" they pushed her into the lift.

She stared back at her reflection. The cute floral dress made it seem casual, and her new black Charlotte Olympia wedges made her legs look perfect. Walking across the lobby, she saw him leaning against his car. When he saw her, he stood up straight and smiled.

"Hello Mr.Bond." Kat faked a British accent when she realised it was an Aston Martin.

"Hello Money Penny." he kissed her lightly and opened her door for her.

"Were you waiting long?" she asked, once he got into the driver's seat.

"Oh yea, ever since I left the place earlier. It was pure torture." he said dramatically.

"Poor little boy. How was work?" Kat glanced at him.

He was dressed in the green Armani shirt she got him for his birthday when they were e-mailing each other and it was tucked into black jeans. His gleaming gold Hublot watch just topped the outfit off. His look definitely made him the big hot shot businessman that he was.

"It was VERY annoying. There was a slight glitch with the new security system that we were developing. Matthew fixed it right away though. Now the system is currently being auctioned off worldwide to companies around the world." he smiled proudly.

"So Matthew is the software engineer?" she asked curiously.

"Yea, when Ry and I were on service, Matt provided me with the intel. One of the best hackers I know. He was with Ry and I .. when we were taken into the enemies side." he said casually.

Kat squeezed his hand gently and placed her hand back onto her lap, not wanting to come off as needy as hell by holding his hand while he drove.

Talen seemed to think differently, because he took her hand and laced it with his, making her look away to grin with happiness.

"So, what do you think of the car?" he traced circles on her palm.

"Great choice. Suits your suave and mysterious persona." 

"Whoa whoa, I have a suave and mysterious persona? Is that how people really see me?" he seemed genuinely shocked.

"Uhuh. When you came back, everyone was wondering what was up with you. You never spoke much... only to me."

"Oh yea, you were really a magnet. You always have been. Even when you were younger, you were always happy go lucky. Until your brother and sister and I were around. God, I don't know what you see in me. Honestly." he sighed, disappointed with himself.

"What I see in you? Besides the fact that you're hot as hell??" she laughed.

"Kat.. seriously." he frowned.

"I always knew, you were a driven person. Sure, you fooled around alot but my nana always told me to see the better part of everyone. Though, I couldn't see the better part of my sister, still I could do it for you. The way you work really hard for what you want, and you do what you say you will. Phewww turn on." she fanned herself playfully.

She didn't realise that Talen was looking at her in pure awe. Thankfully, they were at a traffic light, and his car was tinted, because he dragged her in for a deep kiss. One that made her toes curl. The honk from the car behind them made them pull apart.

"What was that for?" Kat said slightly breathless.

"For believing in me when even I didn't know what I was capable of." he held her and and kissed it.

At the Grove, they decided to valet park because they were just too lazy to find a space. Being a Friday night, it was crowded. Kat walked close to Talen, because when he walked, people made way for him like he was Moses.

Noticing that Kat was walking close to him, Talen took the opportunity to link his fingers with his. He actually felt like a teenager who was giddy with love. Yes, in love. He looked at her. She walked with confidence, and stood out from the crowd. When she walked, people actually took a double take to see her. He was pretty sure it wasn't because she was famous. His girl was a looker.

"Oh, I've heard about this place." she said excitedly.

They were escorted to the back of the restaurant, a little booth that provided privacy for them.

"What do you want to have?" he asked looking at her while she excitedly scanned the menu.

"I can't decide between the gnochi or the pizza or the carbonara." she scrunched her eyebrow.

He looked at the waiter and said "We'll take whatever she just said, and your best bottle of wine."

"Now this is my kinda date. I'll warn you, I can eat like a total pig." she opened her napkin and laid it on her lap.

"Well, you're my kinda girl. So it works perfectly." he smiled at her, making her blush.

"You're wearing the shirt I got you." she said happily.

"It's my favorite. You're using the bracelet I got you too." he reached for her hand across the table and traced the delicate gold Tiffany bracelet.

Throughout dinner, they talked, laughed and flirted with each other. At some point, they were playing footsie, staring at each other over the candle lit table. Stepping out of the restaurant, there was a sudden flash of lights.

"Are you two dating now?"

"How long has this been going on?!"

"Oh fuck." Talen said quietly and held on to Kat's waist tightly.

"Walk in front of me ok?" he said into her ear and she nodded.

The papparazzis swarmed around them, their flashing cameras went off instantaneously, making Kat look down as she walked. Talen's car was at the front of the valet centre, making it easy for him and Kat to make and escape, as they didn't need it to be brought to them.

Like before, he opened her door for her, and then got into his side.

"Buckle up." he said grinning, and he sped right out of there. 

There was no sign of anyone trailing them on the highway, obviously. When they were back in Malibu, he parked near a pier and they took a stroll on the beach. He bought her ice-cream, and they sat on the sand, watching the waves roll in.

"So.. did you have a good time?" he looked at her.

The wind was blowing lightly, and he put his arm around her, making her feel warmer. She leaned against his strong body and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I had a great time. Especially when you went all Bond mode when escaping the papparazi." she laughed.

"So.. a little birdy told me you have a stallion. When are you going to take me for a ride in it?" he grinned.

"Ryan told you?"

"Who do you think helped him to pick it out for you. He was going to get you the 599GTB instead. I was like hell nooo. That is not Kat's style at all." he snapped his fingers in a z motion.

"Oh, so you were keeping tabs on me." she wiggled her eye brows.

"Like a duhhh." he flipped his imaginary hair, making her laugh even more.

She felt so comfortable with him, and he the same way. Like they were best friends who were in love. Kat couldn't help but kiss him at that moment. When she slightly pulled back a little, for a breath of air, she heard him say "Be my girlfriend Katerina."

Kat had to pull back a little further to make sure she heard what actually said.

"You heard me right the first time. Be my girlfriend?" he pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Kat smiled and shook her head "Okay." and he kissed her again.

It was close to midnight, by the time he brought her back to her home

"Thanks again, for a great night." she turned in her seat, angling herself to have a better view of him.

"Thank you, for letting me. I'll call you once I get home." her kissed her one more time and watched her sashay away across the lobby.

~~~

The following day, was nana's flight back to New York. Kat didn't want Rosa to fly alone, so she decided to follow her back, and Jon did too. She needed to check up on her baby anyway. It was a while since she actually got her hands dirty. Stacey had been emailing her with updates everyday, the pastry chefs did their jobs perfectly.

"Did you tell lover boy you're leaving yet?" Claire teased.

"Yea, I'm gonna call him up right now." she glanced at her clock by the side of the bed. 

It was 11.30, and her flight was 2 hours away. She was leaving to the airport soon. He had texted her good morning, hell there was even a missed call, but she was knocked out. He had said he was going in for a meeting, so she wasn't sure if he would pick up.

Her guess was right, he didn't. She was forced to send a text saying she was leaving for a coupled of days. Text messages like these were difficult to send. Kat was worried she would come off as insensitive. Immediately after she had sent the text, his name flashed across her phone's screen.

"Hello Mr.Parker." she said mischeviously.

" Ms.Baker, your message caught my attention. Excuse me gentleman." he said, making her laugh even more.

Talen stepped out of the space the meeting was being held at, and went to his office. Leaning against his wide desk, he asked her "So you're leaving me?"

"Mmm just a couple of days. Three days, to be exact. I don't want nana to travel alone so soon, and I want to check up on the bakery. I miss my four in the morning baking time."

"I remember that. When I made excuses to follow you around like a puppy." he laughed remembering that moment with her.

"Wow, and there I was thinking I was just dragging you out of bed. Anyway, you better get back to your meeting. Go be great." Kat was happy he wasn't  in front of her. She was nervous as hell.

"Alright. Travel safe. Sorry I can't be there to send you off." he said huskily.

Kat got chills from how deep his voice was. It was so masculine. "Mmm ok. I'll talk to you soon." she closed her eyes, envisioning his tall form in front off her.

"I'll be missing you." he added, making her happy and giddy and shocked at the same time.

"I'll miss you too." she said and then they hung up.

"You look, like you want to get it on with your phone. It's very disturbing." Claire said interrupting her happy moment.

"Jesus, do I not have any privacy here?" Kat threw a soft pillow that was on the small chair in her closet.

"Yada yada. Just hurry up and get ready. You need to leave soon. Bree is gonna come by to drop you guys since she has the bigger car, and I'll be going to the shop."

"Thanks for covering for me by the way." Kat picked out some outfits and chucked them into the suitcase."

"Anytime bruh." Claire said in a slang.

----

The flight back to New York was annoying as usual. She had flown across the country countless times. At least this time she had nana and Jon to keep her company.

"My apartment, is probably so dusty. I should probably rent the place out and stay at either one of your places when I come over." Kat considered.

"Yea, there's that. Or.. you could shack it up at your boyyyyfriends place." Jon wiggled his eye brows.

"Hell no. I don't want to scare the guy off." Kat said with mortification.

"You'll never know honey. Talen seems like he'd want to marry you right away." her nana told.

"Nana... I'm 22, almost 23 actually. Way too young to get married. That's the end of it." marriage just scared the hell out of her. They just got together for god's sake. Heck, Talen isn't that kind of guy anyway.

"Rufus baby!! You're such a big boy now!" she bent down to greet the golden retriever.

"Hello ladies." Richard greeted them.

"Hello darling." nana said hugging him.

"Hey richie." at did the same.

"Sorry I wasn't there to pick you. Faculty meeting ran way off course today." he said looking worriedly at nana.

"No worries Richard, Jon and I were with her." Kat understood how he felt. 

Thankfully he had sent a text to her nan saying he couldn't make it.

"I'll take you girls for dinner, Ryder will be over shortly as well. We'll leave after you freshen up." he smiled warmly.

Kat went to her room, and pulled out her phone. There was a text from Talen not too long ago, asking her to call him once she was back at her nan's place.

The line beeped a few times and his voice filled her ears. "Hi." he said happily.

Talen sat on his bed his laptop on his lap, files and papers laid out next to him, with the wide screen tv on in front of him, tuned into CNN of course.

"Hello.. what are you up to?" her canary like voice asked.

He really couldn't get enough of her. "Rolling around in bed with my spread sheets." he released a sigh.

"Hard day?" Kat looked out her window, and took in the city lights, and started to wish she could see him.

Early stages of love really was something. The constant yearning and want to be with the other person. Kat knew that trule love would always feel that way.

Kat let Talen vent out his frustrations and she let him. Once in a while she would crack a joke, making him laugh umcontrollably.

"Kat honey, Ryder's here. You good to go for dinner?" her nana lightly tapped her door.

"I guess I have to go." she said feeling like a teenager.

Talen however, boiled with jealousy "You're going out for dinner with Ryder?" he questioned, hoping he didn't sound possesive.

"Richard is taking us out for dinner. You don't mind right?" she asked, knowing how bad it sounded.

"Yea, I'm fine. No worries. I'll talk to you when you get back?" he said, calmly as he could.

"Alright." she gulped then hung up.

When they did come back from dinner in the city, it was close to 11 and she and Talen had another long talk on the phone till he decided that she needed the rest since she was going into work at 4 in the morning.

Seeing that she didn't have her own car here anymore, Richard had given her his car for her to use. It was a suave Audi A6. Stepping into her kitchen again, made Kat feel emotional. Pride surged through her as she took in the place.

Her usual rituals took place. The wood burning oven was turned on, her bread was set to rise, all that while the beautiful music of Above and Beyond flowed through the space. All that was fine, till someone knocked on the back door entrance.

He heart raced so fast, she grabbed the sharpest knife she had and moved slowly to the door with her phone in hand. It was 5 in the morning, and her delivery guys were due in an hour.

"Who is it?" she asked and didn't wait for the answer. 

Swinging the door open, she was shocked to see her boyfriend standing there, holding a bouquet of peonies looking tired as ever.

"Talen?! What are you doing here?" she set the knife down and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I wanted to surprise you. These are yours" he smiled and gave her the flowers.

She dragged him into her office and made him sit on the sofa.

"I love them thank you." Kat placed them on the table and sat next to him.

"What's the real reason you're here though?"

"I got jealous.. of Ryder having dinner with you guys." he said sheepishly.

"You know, I wouldn't do anything with him right?" Kat said touching his face.

"What? No, no, you got this the wrong way. Of course I know you wouldn't do anything. I just don't trust him.. and I get jealous real easy." he said sheepishly.

"What would you do, if you didn't have as much money as you did now? How would you deal with it? You can't be leaving work and flying to where ever I am can you?" she said giving him advice.

Talen so that her advice did indeed make a lot of sense. "Thank you, of wise one." he leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips.

Obviously, one taste wasn't enough for the both of them. Like always, their kissed burned with pure lust. Talen pulled her onto his lap so she could straddle him. They were greedy for each other. Wanting to feel skin on skin contact and heat from each other.

"Wait, wait.." Kat forced herself to pull back.

Talen looked at her through lust.

"I.. have to work." she said regretfully. It was almost time for her to put in the bread into the oven and start on the pie crusts.

"Fine, but I'm taking you out tonight." he pouted.

"Come on, I could use some help when the delivery guys get here." she said and he followed.

At around 10, Talen left to go shower and head to his office for a conference call. Kat enjoyed the hustle and bustle of her bakery. As always, there was a line and she decided that today she'd give out free croissants to everyone who was patiently waiting in line.

When she was done doing that, she decided it was time to go see her nana and decided on her final cake choices.

"Yohoo. I'm back." she shut the door.

The nurse came out into the living room, looking worried. "She's having one of her off days today."

"What do you mean one of her off days? She tells me she's always fine. Everything is good." Kat said worriedly.

"She's been ommitting the bad stuff I guess. I know she went to L.A the past few days. Looks like it was a bad choice. There is some reoccurring pain in her lower back."

"Shit." Kat said to herself and walked into her nana's room. 

Rosa was lying on her bed, watching t.v."Honey! You're back early." she started to get up.

"Whoa there. You just stay right where you are. I can't believe you've been lying to me." Kat said frustratedly.

"Honey, it's not a big issue." she started to give excuses.

"Rosa, it's not good leave out your true healing process to your girl." the nurse said disapprovingly.

"Jesus Christ, nana. You travelled to L.A when you know you're not ready yet. I'm just lucky nothing happened on  your way there, and that I followed you back." Kat sat next to her.

"Honey, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm always there for your opening. I wanted to be there for it again." Rosa said sadly.

"I understand completely, but you have to think of th bigger picture next time. What would I do without you?" Kat said quietly. 

"I know, I know."

"I'm going to talk to Richard. To postpone the wedding. I want you to be able to heal completely." Kat said sternly.

"He'll agree with you. He wanted the same thing, but I pushed for it to be next month." Rosa said looking guilty.

"I'll arrange everything. Don't worry. You'll walk down the aisle in.. how long do you think?" Kat asked the nurse.

"For good measures, give it another 6 months."

"Alright then, 6 months it is. We can have it in L.A if you want, seeing that it'll be snowing by that time in New York. Endless possibilities." Kat wrote on her pad of paper.

They looked through the sketches she had made for the cake, and made a few adjustments here and there.

"You need to take a vacation. I ruined your Thailand trip. Book anything on my card. It'll be my treat." her nana said.

"It's not about money nana. We don't have the time. Besides taping the show and the new shop, we've got our hands full." Kat sighed.

"Your birthday is coming up. Nothing planned?"

"I don't even know which side of the country I'll be in."

"How is Talen doing?" Rosa grinned at the sight of her granddaughter turning slightly red at the mention of his name.

"He's great. Can you believe it, he actually surprised me at the shop today at 5 in the morning. He was terribly jealous Ryder came with us for dinner yesterday." Kat giggled.

"Don't you just love it when they get jealous? So rare for men to actually admit it."

"He's taking me out for dinner later."

"The 'L' word come out yet?" Rosa asked.

'Nope, not yet." Kat sighed.

It would have to come out eventually... Kat just didn't know if he felt that way about her.

~~~

"You actually bought it?" Kat said excitedly, admiring Talen's Ducati Monster.

"How could I not." they both stood at the steps just admiring it.

"Do you mind if I run up and get my biker jacket." Kat gave him puppy eyes and he couldn't say no.

"Go right on." he smiled.

She came back down in a matter of moments and he was already on the bike waiting for her. 

He was simply dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt with a leather jacket. Looking like the bad boy he really was. 

Kat got onto the bike and he said "Put your arms around me. Don't be shy." he grinned.

The added effect of his sunglasses made Kat just want to smother him with endless kisses.

Wanting privacy from peering eyes, Talen took her away from the city into a nice area where one of Kat's favorite restaurants were. A famous Korean BBQ restaurant.

"I've never tried Korean food before, and I thought, why the hell not come with the master." he helped take off her helmet.

"Come on. You're gonna love it." she dragged him into the little shop.

They were immediately greeted by the many smells and sounds of the bustling kitchen. Kat expertly ordered her favorite dishes and he stared at her in wonder as she pronounced the Korean names effortlessly. She gave easy smiles to the waiter who recognized her from her various times of visits.

"What?" she asked wondering why he was staring at her like that.

"Nothing. So, how was your day?" he asked.

She went on to telling him how her nana had lied about the recovery. "I could see why she lied. But you're right about her being ridiculous to travel in that kind of condition." he reached for her hand and held it.

Their dinner carried on with her explaining the dishes, and him ending up loving the food. After they were done, they decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood.

As they walked, he enjoyed her talking, pointing to the several houses who were lit up with cozy lightings. Talen was unsure of how to hold her hand. He was definitely somewhat shy around her. So when she was busy explaining something, he linked his fingers with her.

At that sudden gesture, Kat stopped mid sentence and looked at him. They stopped walking and as if it were second nature to them, they leaned in and shared a kiss.

"You were saying?" Talen smiled when they pulled back.

"Umm oh. Yea.. So that's Claire's old house.. before her father declared bankruptcy. It was pretty hard time after that for her. She took up several odd jobs to pay through culinary school. Bree lives a few rows over, but she's not close to her family." 

"You girls are seriously the strongest people I've ever met." he looked at her proudly.

"Thanks." she beamed.

She then pulled him to the now empty play ground that was in the centre of the housing village. They sat on the swings, and then Talen asked. "So.. how did it all start? The e-mails and stuff. Why did you do it. HOW did you do it?"

Kat knew that she'd have to explaing it someday, there was no point in avoiding it. "So, when you left, Sarah started seeing other people. I asked her if the both of you were together, and she said to mind my own business." she stopped to find him staring intently at her.

"So, after the first time Ryan talked to us, I knew that he was feeling down. In turn, that made me realise that you'd be feeling that way too, and so I asked Sarah to check her e-mails. Typical of Sarah to say she was busy and had other things to do. Deciding to sneak around, I hacked into her account and I saw all your e-mails. I got caught of course, Sarah then told me that I was trying so hard to get your attention when you never even noticed I existed. That.. really stung me. So I didn't reply you at first. But I knew better than that. You were so far away from home... it didn't matter if you thought I didn't exist. Being away, in the middle of virtually no where, I knew that replying you would mean the world to you. I had to make it clear that there was always someone you could count on. Lord knows you can only stand Ryan for a period of time. So.. that's it." she laughed trying to get some sort of reaction from him. 

"Oh, cool." he smiled and stood up. "Shall we go? It's kinda late." he held a hand for her to grip while she stood up.

What the hell did I say wrong?! Kat thought to herself. "Talen? Is.. is everything ok?" she asked confused.

"Everything is fine." he put his arm around her waist and trudged silently back to his bike.

"Hold on. I never leave this place without seeing my dream home." Kat said stepping out of what felt like an awkward embrace.

She brought him to an old brick house that was vacated. To a normal person, it looked spooky as hell. Especially at 10 at night. Kat thought it was magical. The endless posibilities that run through her mind as she thought of ways to rebuild the place.

"Alright, we can go now." she said turning around, this time not walking too close to him.

By the time they reached the city and back to their neighbourhood, Kat was furious. She shouldn't have to put up with his mood swings, should she? Talen stopped his bike in front of his house and Kat rage burned hotter that he couldn't spare some gas to drop her off at her condo's unit.

"Where do you think you're going?" Talen looked at her as she started walking towards her home.

"Back home. Where else you moddy asshole." she snapped.

"What?! Kat please. Just stop right there." he said as he locked up his bike in the garage.

"Why should I? When you've barely said a word to me since earlier." Kat willed the tears not to form.

"I'm sorry, I really am sorry if I came off that way. I was just lost for words. Please, come inside, I need to talk to you more." he could see he had hurt her.

"So that you can give me a response like 'Cool' ? No thanks." she turned.

"Katerina! Please." he said, and she turned in her tracks and took in his slumped shoulders.

"Just for a while. I want a drink." she walked up the brownstone's steps with him.

~~

"This place is a total shit." Kat said sipping on her scotch while sitting on the carpet floor of his room.

The brownstone was a three story building.. that was 95 percent empty, except for Talen's room. The rest of the place had nothing in it, and the kitchen was barely stocked.

"Don't blame me. I just don't have time to go around finding stuff. I just thought it was a good investment." he looked at her sitting in front of him, as she sipped the scotch.

The silence lapped between them, and then he asked again "Why did you leave out of the blue. Where did you go?" his voice was filled with emotion.

"I.. I think we both know why I left. My feelings for you.. grew." she looked away, not being able to face him. "I went to France, to continue studying. It was an exchange student program. Those few months were pretty great, but sucky at the same time. Then.. we got the news that Ryan and you went missing." Kat remembered how sad and depressed she felt. Gulping down the rest of her scotch she stood up. "Ok, I'm out of here." 

"You're not going anywhere." Talen stood up.

"What do you mean not going anywhere?! I'll do whatever the hell i want." Kat responded like a child.

Talen cornered her to until she was leaning against the wall. "No, you're going to stay here with me."

"Go to hell Talen. Why the hell should I stay here." she breathed heavily, hating the fact that her body wanted her to just to illegal things to him.

"Because, I fucking love you Katerina. I love you so much." he said horasely.

She didn't have time to tell him that she loved him back. Talen kissed her, and Kat was still processing what he had said. When it finally registered, she kissed back. Their jackets flew across the room, followed methodically by their t-shirts. Once they were only in their under garments, Kat jumped up and Talen hooked her legs around his waist as he walked towards his bed.

Kat fell onto the bed and giggled at the way she had been tossed by him. She was really a vision of beauty to him. Her black hair splayed around her like she was a goddess. As he came on top of her, she rolled him onto his back and sat on him. Teasing as she moved a little on his erection.

"Kat.." he moaned.

"Oh no soldier, tonight I'm riding you."

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
37.8K 973 109
Sometimes, not every love story can be as idyllic as it should be. Dean Winchester, bred and raised in the mafia, carried a heart that yearned desper...
9.4K 654 48
He is the sun, and she is the star of the dawn. He is a rich bachelor and she is but a maid. He is Prince Charming and she is Snow White. He's loo...
1M 31.8K 49
Hometown girl Rebekah Miller finally returns home. She's searching for a fresh start after living in California for many years straight after graduat...