Race Of His Life

By WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 12

215 16 1
By WinterFury10

"What?" Jack blinked, becoming blank for a second.

"I asked whether you like my sister?" Anna rolled her eyes.

"Um, yeah. I mean, she did tell that we're at least friends now and I respect and admire her a lot-"

"I meant romantically."

"Oh." Jack paused, his mind flashing with all the almost-kisses and other moments they'd had. "Of course not."

"Is that so?" Anna muttered, her face showing a mixture of relief and sadness, though Jack had no idea how both the emotions could appear at the same time.

"Yeah." He convinced himself.

"Do you plan on hurting her?"

"What? Why would I?!" Jack raised an eyebrow. "Like- yeah, I did hate her when I first came here coz she is the one who made me stay here -I still haven't forgiven her for that- but given everything she's gone through, I can kinda understand her skepticism and that Mr Moon might've punished her more if she had just let me go."

Everyone looked surprised at his words, their eyes wide and eyebrows raised, and Flynn even had his jaw dropped.

"Well," Rapunzel spoke up, breaking everyone out of their shock, "that's sweet of yo-"

"But that doesn't mean I'm happy with staying here either," Jack cut in. "I'm just waiting to finish this whole business with the rink so that I can get to my race in time! I'm probably on the news everywhere as we speak!"

"Seriously dude?" Flynn deadpanned.

Jack smirked. "Why are we even talking about this? It's not like I'm gonna stay here forever. I'm almost done with the rink, I have just a few more things to take care of and after that, I'll be out of here before any of you can even blink."

And after that, Jack turned and walked to his room.

He fell on his bed, staring up at the ceiling as his heart started eating him up. He sighed when he reran his last words in his head, his brain showing him flashes of when Elsa had comforted him after he told her about himself.

If it had been me from three years ago, I'm pretty sure I would've become great friends with all of them by now...

'if you like who you are, then it means you are being yourself.' 'It's your decision if you want to change some aspects of yours.' She had said.

I guess this cockiness is one aspect I would love to get rid of... But it literally has become my defense mechanism from when the other trainees made fun of me for being poor...

He groaned loudly and flipped over to lie down on his stomach. He buried his face in his pillow, trying to forget all that was going on in his head.

Think of something positive...
Think of something happy...

'I think it's only fair if you were the first to go down.'

Jack opened his eyes again when he remembered Elsa as his first happy thought. The fun moments of that afternoon when they had played around in the water and later when he had wrapped his arms around her to comfort her just flashed before his eyes, and Jack gulped, trying hard to convince himself that he did not like her in that way.

He rolled over in his bed and tried hard to think about something else. Soon enough, his memories from his earlier years when he played a lot with Emma and the other children resurfaced and Jack smiled as he continued dreaming about the time when he was happy with his family and didn't have any big problems to face.

And just as he closed his eyes, his staff glimmered -slightly- in the dark, the metallic steel black colour fading away in the darkness as its original form slowly resurfaced, the top of the staff curving into the wooden stick Jack had always used.

.....

What the hell is happening...?

Jack blinked in confusion and jumped out of the way as Merida's younger brothers ran past him, carrying big trays of food in their hands.

He turned around and saw equal -if not more- amount of haste across the rink as everyone readied their shops. He walked over to Flynn's shop, where he was hurriedly cleaning the counter while Rapunzel brought a new batch of apple pies and placed them for display.

"Yo dude, what's going on with everyone?" He asked, leaning against the counter.

"Customers! We're having customers!" Flynn yelled before running into the bakery himself, helping his wife to bring all the chocolate cookies.

"So?" He asked again, only to be ignored as the couple fussed over cleaning their shop.

Jack sighed in frustration and walked out of the bakery and headed over to Kristoff and Anna's shop, only to be met with a huge pile of ice in the middle of the shop. "What the heck?!"

"Oh my Gods, Jack, can you please help us out here?" Anna tugged on his sleeve.

"Uh, sure?" He replied though he was already being dragged to the huge ice mountain.

"Clear this up, would ya? Kristoff cleaned his stupid clothes -which were covered in ice after he came back today morning- and placed all his stupid ice blocks right in the middle of the shop! Like, who the hell is that stupid?!" She continued raging as she paced around the entire shop, arranging all the miniature ice carvings, which never melted unless exposed to extreme heat.

Jack remained confused as he lifted the ice using his powers and guided them out of the backdoor. After dropping the ice near a tree, he returned inside and just raised an eyebrow when he saw that instead of cleaning, Anna was messing up the shop even more.

He walked out of the shop again and decided to go check on Elsa, knowing that she didn't own a shop.

I mean, I can check up on her, right? She did say that we're at least friends...

He walked up the small flight of stairs and knocked on the door. Hearing no reply from inside, Jack turned the knob and to his surprise, it opened. He slowly opened the door, checking if she's anywhere in the living room, before walking up the stairs to her room.

Just for his own safety's sake, Jack knocked on the doors and this time, he heard a muffled reply, which was barely audible. He knocked again and waited as he heard shuffling inside the room.

"Anna, I told you to go aw-" she stopped mid-sentence when she found the white-haired racer instead of her bubbly sister. "Jack, what the heck are you doing here?"

"Um, everyone is panicking outside so I came to see what you were doing." Jack shrugged, his eyes darting to her messed up hair and her disheveled clothes.

Realising that her appearance wasn't the best, Elsa sighed. "Gimme a minute." And she closed the door.

Jack walked downstairs and waited on the couch and sooner than he had expected, Elsa came down as well, dressed up in her usual long skirt and full-sleeve blouse.

They walked out together and Elsa sighed again when she saw the anxiety and panic everywhere. She clapped her hands loudly which made everyone stop and turn to her.

"Guys, can everyone please calm down?!" She yelled, walking around the rink towards them with Jack following right behind her.

"But Elsa, customers are coming!" Anna exclaimed.

"And they're gonna freak out when they meet with a bunch of overexcited adults!" Elsa pointed out.

"But-"

"No buts. We've rehearsed this before so please calm down and return to your shops before Mr Moon arrives." She announced.

There was grumbling but they listened to her and headed to their shops.

"Wow," Jack muttered, impressed that she got them under control within minutes.

Elsa rubbed her temple with her index and thumb finger, sighing in frustration again. "I think you need to start planting new trees to replace the ones you uprooted."

"What? Right now?" Jack asked.

"Yeah. Ask Kristoff for the plants. Then you can dig up some good spots with Merida and Rapunzel's help where you can plant them." And saying so, she walked into her house and slammed the door behind her.

Jack stared at the door for a few seconds before making his way to Kristoff and Anna's souvenir shop. He noticed Anna fixing the ice carvings while Kristoff hung a few handknit sweaters for display.

"Um, Kristoff? Elsa told me to ask you for the plants, or something?" He asked.

Kristoff went to the back of their shop and called him over. Jack saw that he was holding a few average-sized juniper trees, which were planted in pots. The two of them, with Anna's help, took each tree and placed it near every tree that was uprooted and after that, Rapunzel and Merida arrived to check for nice spots to plant them.

Meanwhile, Jack got a shovel from Flynn and waited for the girls to call him. He looked around the rink, unconsciously searching for something and was bummed out when he saw that Elsa's door was still closed and she had not come out even once. Unknown to himself, he glanced at her door and window plenty of times and even felt the urge to go check on her by flying to her window.

He really considered it, seeing how his staff was just chilling in his room. Speaking of which, Jack had been flabbergasted when he woke up and saw his staff turned to how it had been before. He had also noticed that the staff hadn't become completely normal. Its original shape was back but its colour was still black, which made Jack realise that his feelings were returning but he was still doubtful, which explained why the staff was still black.

Just as Jack got up to check up on her, Anna and the others called him and he sighed, picking up the shovel as he made his way to them.

....

"Well, you've successfully finished planting two of them! Just eight more and you'll be done!" Merida smirked.

Jack threw the shovel to the ground, bent and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. He had just thought that he just had to dig a hole, place the tree and close the hole. But the three women made sure that he cleared the snow, dug the holes with correct depth and shape, making him place the tree himself before he covered the spot around the tree with snow again.

At first, Jack took it up as a challenge but by the end of the second tree, he was exhausted and sweating from head to toe. He had ditched his leather jacket, knowing that it would just come in the way, which left him in a pair of black jeans and a black T-shirt, which was soaked in sweat and mud.

He rubbed his wrist on his face to wipe the sweat, only to notice the mud on his hands and face as well.

God, I hope she doesn't see me this way...

All of a sudden, the Dunbroch triplets came running and stumbling towards their sister, knocking each other aside to reach her first.

"Woah, what the hell?!" Merida exclaimed, leaning forward to catch them before they fell face-first on the ground.

"They're here!" The three boys exclaimed before running off again.

"Holy sh*t!" Merida cursed as she followed them, screaming for her mom as she reached their shop. The other two women took off as well, their panic levels rising again.

What the hell, they're just customers...

...who can help me get out of here!

Jolting in realisation, Jack threw the shovel away and ran to the rink, looking around for the newcomers, only to be disappointed.

You've got to be kidding me...

Jack groaned internally when he saw an old couple, probably in their 60's, arrive on an old-model scooter bike, which was slower than a toddler. They had emotionless faces as they drove around the rink, not showing the least bit of interest in the shops.

"Hello sir, ma'am. Would you like to rest and have a cup of coffee?" Rapunzel asked sweetly, only to be ignored.

Anna stepped up next, followed by her boyfriend who was holding a few sweaters. "Welcome to Arendelles' Souvenir Shop! Would you like to take a look at our handknit sweaters? Or maybe our tiny ice carvings? Just the best in the world!"

And she received just as much attention as Rapunzel did.

"How're ya doin, sir, ma'am? Want a sword to fend off naughty kids from interrupting your peaceful day? Well, you're at the right place coz we have the best swords and other stylish weaponry to decorate your place with!"

And as expected, absolutely no response.

They followed the old couple, advertising their shops in all kinds of different ways which just increased Jack's sympathy for them. And ignoring them for a few minutes, Jack crept towards the couple and walked right next to their slow bike as he explained.

"Hey there! You know me, right? I'm Jack Frost, the racer nominated for the Tachyons cup in the Race of Rapidity!" He stood right in front of them, blocking their way.

The old couple barely raised their eyebrows before driving around him.

"Hey, look! I've been made to stay here against my will! If you could contact my team, they'll come and get me out of here! I'll even let you have a part of my reward money once I win the race! Hey! Wait!"

Not paying the slightest heed to his words, the couple just continued on their way and were out of eyesight soon enough.

Jack stared at the direction they had left, frustration and anger building up in him. He let out a few curse words, blaming his rotten luck for everything that was happening to him.

"That didn't work, huh?"

Jack jumped, turning around only to find a smirking Elsa staring at the direction the couple had driven off in.

"Shut up." He mumbled.

"I thought you'd learnt your lesson that you won't be leaving until you finish clearing up the mess you created." Elsa sashayed away.

"I'm still not giving up, Snowflake." Jack followed her.

"Yeah, yeah. I've got a little consoling to do so see ya." She sighed, walking over to her family.

Only then did Jack notice just how disappointed everyone was, that the customers had left without buying anything. He saw how perfectly Elsa handled the situation, talking softly to each person and suggesting they do something to cheer themselves up. It took approximately an hour for her to finally raise their spirits and as they left, Jack saw how she sighed in exhaustion.

"Well, you look tired." He commented.

"So do you." Elsa started walking back to her room.

"Been working in your room all day?" Jack guessed.

"Yup. See ya."

Elsa returned to her house and closed the door again, and Jack lifted the shovel and continued his work.

.....

After finishing about five trees in total, Jack decided to call it a day and went to his room to take a shower. Once he was done, he dressed and headed down for dinner, noticing that Elsa hadn't come.

After supper, he silently flew over to her window, peeping in to see what she was doing. He raised himself a little higher and left his entire head through the window, looking around in search of her.

"It's rude to stalk people, you know."

Jack whipped his head to the side and found Elsa sitting at her study table, her face pressed against a book like she was frustrated at the book.

"It's not stalking. Its called 'checking up on your friends coz they've been busy the whole day'." Jack stated, hoisting himself into the room.

"You know, its bad manners to enter a woman's room without her permission." She finally raised her head but continued staring at the book.

"That would apply only if this seemed like a woman's room. Looks like you're living in your office day in and out!" He exclaimed walking over to see what she was doing.

Elsa closed the book and looked up at him, and Jack noticed the exhaustion in her face.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She grumbled, getting up and stretching before she walked towards the window. "All this work has drained me mentally. I'm going for a stroll. You better head back to your room."

"Wait!" Jack leapt front and grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Can I come with you?"

Elsa merely raised an eyebrow, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks when she eyed his hand on hers. Noticing this, Jack quickly let go but continued staring at her for an answer.

"Aren't you tired after working the whole day?" Elsa asked.

"Well, I need a break too you know." He shrugged.

Elsa considered it for a second before walking to the window. She raised her hands and frost flew out, forming a bridge of ice with railing on both sides. She gingerly touched the bridge and the frost turned into solid ice below her fingers. She slipped through the window and walked on the bridge, taking a few steps before partially turning to see him.

"Well, aren't you coming?"

And she smiled.

And that was all he needed as he smirked back and walked on the bridge, alongside her under the moonlight.

.....

Rapunzel stirred in her sleep, opening her eyes when she felt Flynn sit up in their bed. "What's wrong?"

"My senses are telling me that Jack is flying away." He muttered, holding his forehead.

"What? Then go wake Elsa up and go after him!" Rapunzel sat up as well.

"The thing is..." Flynn looked at her, "she's with him."

"Huh?" Rapunzel blinked, unable to believe her ears.

"Yeah. They're heading out... together?" Flynn stated, confused at what he was saying. "You think he kidnapped her?"

"What the hell?" Rapunzel whacked him on his head. "Of course not! This is Elsa we're talking about. She'd kick his ass if he tried to."

"Yeah. But then, why will they both be going out at this time?" He asked her.

Rapunzel smirked and kissed him on his cheek. "Who knows? Now get back to bed. We don't want to disturb them."

"Huh?"

"Good night, Eugene."

"But-"

"Honey, they'll be alright. Sleep now."

"Okay..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.8K 31
Jack Frost was a insider, he doesnt have a family and lives in his mansion alone with his servants He lost his family when he was only 8 in a terrib...
135K 5.2K 24
(Book 3) After a long journey of different, extraordinary worlds, the team return back in Arendelle. But in their present absence, evil was plotted...
499K 16.3K 42
What would you do when your favorite fictional character came to life, standing right infront of you? Of course, as fans of today's fictional youth...
340K 10.4K 25
CURRENT WIP: REWRITE/EDIT OF ENTIRE BOOK! *5/20 chapters edited* - Meet Elsa Arendelle. She's one of the most popular girls in her high school, Ever...