Avoiding The Bad Boy

By coinikee

After seeing the blood on his hands, I wondered. I wondered if he was the killer. And even if he was, how cou... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40

Part 37

15.4K 871 99
By coinikee

Part 37

Uncle? Uncle? Why did life have to be so unfair as to make the Headmaster of Burswick Academy Dash's uncle? Now I understood why he never got in trouble.

"Uncle? He is your uncle?" I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't.

"Well great-uncle, technically," he corrected, flashing me a grin, causing my heart to dance the salsa.

"I have to go. I'll see you later," Tracey said, already walking over to the door.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me with him," I pleaded.

"Ben is calling; I'll come back as soon as I talk to him." How could Ben be calling her when he wasn't even here? She slammed the door shut, leaving me alone with Dash. I turned my attention back to him as soon as she was gone.

"He is your uncle?!"

"Great-uncle," he corrected.

"Does it matter? The point is, he is related to you, which means you get undue privileges." I told him.

"I do not get undue privileges," he argued.

"Yes you do! You can't get in trouble!" I stated.

"Okay, yeah, that happens. I don't get into trouble. I mean I do but I just don't care." He shrugged.

"See! This is not fair. I am going to talk to the Headmaster right now." I strode over to the door only to be stopped by him.

"That won't help you, shortcake," Dash said.

I froze "And why won't it?"

"Because I told him not to bother us for the next few hours," he replied, his blue eyes looking adorable.

"And why would you do that?" I questioned, stepping away from the door.

"Because I want you all to myself. The dance is in a few days and I am so excited to take you," he replied.

"What does that have to do with the Headmaster leaving us alone?" I enquired.

"Come sit on my lap and I'll tell you," he stated, patting his thighs in invitation.

I rolled my eyes. "No thank you. I'm fine where I am. Now answer my question."

"Forget it. I won't answer you if you won't sit on my lap." He crossed his arms in front of his chest in defiance. Why did he have to be such a child?

"Fine! Don't tell me. I will just ask someone else to take me to the dance." I'd meant it as a joke but the fury that flared to life in those blue irises made me realize that I might've made a mistake.

"You are not going to the dance with anyone but me. And besides, no one will take you." He told me.

"And why wouldn't they? What's wrong with me?" His words hurt my self-esteem, making me wonder what the boys of Burswick thought of me.

"You're perfect. That's what's wrong with you," he answered.

"Excuse me?" I couldn't understand him. If I was as perfect as he claimed me to be then why wouldn't anybody take me to the dance?

"I am saying that you are perfect; that is why I told every guy in the academy to stay the fuck away from you or else I will kill them, and trust me I would enjoy killing them for touching what's mine." His eyes flashed with murder before returning to normal.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? I mean you keep doing things I don't want you to do and then you don't even let me be angry," I complained.

"I make mistakes, chocolate chip; I don't do it on purpose." I threw him a poisonous glare. "Okay fine, I did ruin your relationship with Damien, because let's face it, I can't stand the fact of seeing you with anybody else; the mere thought makes my blood boil and I don't like it."

"You could've done it in a more civilized manner, and shouldn't have made me look like a slut in front of him," I argued.

Dash's eyes narrowed. "Don't you dare call yourself a slut, because you are not and never will be. And I did you a favor by getting rid of that prick; the guy doesn't even know how to treat you right."

"And how do you even know that?" I queried.

"I had a friend keeping an eye on you. Especially when you spent time with Damien eating lousy ice cream," he responded as if stalking someone was the most normal thing to do.

"Oh so you are a stalker as well now?" I raised my eyebrows in mock astonishment.

"What else am I?" He arched an eyebrow.

"Insufferable!" I shrieked.

"Let's see how insufferable do you consider me to be after this." I yelped when Dash grabbed me by the waist and hauled me up until I was sitting on his lap. God, why did he have to be cute and evil at the same time?

"Let me go! Why do you always do this?" I glared at him.

"Because this is the only way I can keep you close to me; you try to run from me otherwise and I don't like it," he murmured, kissing my cheek with affection.

"You push me away by acting like a jerk. You lie to me and break my heart. You punish me for no reason and then you ruin my relationships with other people," I argued, wanting him to know that he couldn't keep doing this.

"I only do it because I don't like sharing you. Tracey is an exception because I know she is your best friend. I don't like it when you smile for other people and spend time with them," he stated, nuzzling my neck.

"So just because you're jealous you think it is okay to hurt me?" I asked, my voice loud.

Dash shook his head. "No. I hate the fact that you got hurt because of me, as it was never my intention. I just wanted to keep you safe from the darkness of my family."

"What are you talking about? Your family is not dark." Dash's family was wonderful; everybody loved everybody in one way or another.

"The fact that my cousin is mentally unstable and her parents refuse to love her explains a lot about the family dynamics, don't you think?" He said.

"But that doesn't mean your family is dark. So what if your mother is not the classic definition of a mom? I mean my dad has only called me once since this year started and that was only to tell me to get straight As. Families aren't perfect, that doesn't mean you use that as an excuse to hurt others." I told him.

"I know. I know, You're right, I should have told you about Lauren. None of this would've happened if I'd just been honest with you," he agreed, taking me by surprise.

"Exactly. I wouldn't have judged you. I would've understood," I replied.

"I just wanted to protect Lauren. Wherever she goes people look at her weirdly. That's why we left our previous schools. Because people started to bully Lauren only because she wasn't mentally stable," he responded.

"Yes, but not everybody is the same. I understand why you tried it to hide from me, but you should've given me the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that I'll be like everybody else," I stated.

"You're right." He rested his head on my shoulder, and I could feel the guilt radiating off him. "I'm sorry I didn't trust you when you trusted me with your investigation. I'm sorry I betrayed you by lying to you. I should've told you everything."

This moment felt surreal. I couldn't believe that Dash Melwin, bad boy of Burswick Academy, was sitting in my dorm room apologizing to me. The guy who went around stealing things and beating up potential rivals was apologizing to me. Was this real? Perhaps I was dreaming. But it was an awfully good dream and I did not want to wake up.

"Wow really? You think I'm right?"

Great, this is why no one ever apologizes to you or tells you that you are right.

"I mean, of course I'm right," I finished.

"Yes, you are. Please forgive me, shortcake. I made a mistake by lying to you," Dash pleaded.

"And what about ruining my relationship with Damien?" I enquired.

"Fuck! I am so proud of that. I will not apologize for that," he stated.

I sighed. Dash could be difficult at times, but at least he was apologizing for lying to me. "Okay fine. I forgive you." And then I remembered something important. "Actually, no. I do not forgive you. Why are you cheating on Gemma?" I turned to look at him.

Dash frowned. "What are you talking about? I'm not cheating on Gemma."

"Uh hello? You and Gemma are dating, or were? I don't know, she told me that you were now her boyfriend. So you can't take me to the dance because she is your girlfriend," I said.

"Shortcake, Gemma and I are not dating, we never were." He told me.

"That is not true. Gemma is not a liar and she told me that you are her boyfriend," I argued, he had no right to call her a liar.

"No. we kind of pretended to make you jealous. I told Gemma to tell you that we are dating so that you'll be jealous," he confessed, taking me by surprise.

My eyes widened. "You pretended to date her to make me jealous?! How could you?! You...You...You cruel person!"

Dash chuckled before nuzzling my neck. "I'm sorry, but I was desperate and wanted you to be jealous so that you'll come back to me."

"Well it didn't work, did it? It only made me get closer to Damien," I growled.

Dash growled, mirroring my response. "I hate him so much. He actually thought he could compete with me and steal you away."

"Oh stop it. It was your fault; he wouldn't have come to me if we hadn't broken up." I told him.

"I know, but I still don't like him," he stated, causing me to roll my eyes at the obvious. I didn't why Dash hated Damien so much but he was no longer in my life so he had nothing to be angry about.

"Whatever." I sighed. "So you and Gemma never dated?"

"Of course not. I didn't want to date any girl after you. That was just a ploy to get you to come back to me," he answered, instantly putting my heart at ease. I never knew just how jealous I was until today when he confessed. And it made me realize just how much Dash meant to me. He was my first boyfriend and I doubted I would ever be able to forget him.

"Really?" I smiled as I leaned back, relishing the hardness of his chest.

"Yes." He kissed my neck. "And I am not lying about that."

I scoffed. "You better not, otherwise I would be very unhappy."

"I have decided not to upset you anymore, if you are willing to give me one more chance," he whispered before brushing his lips over the shell of my ear.

"Willing? Do you care about what I'm willing to do?" I asked.

"Yes, if what you are willing to do is in my favor," he responded.

I chuckled in disbelief. "You are impossible, Dash Melwin."

"Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend again?" He questioned, his tone hopeful.

I sighed. "Well..."

"Say yes. Please say yes. You have to give me another chance to make things right for you, shortcake," he pleaded.

I nodded. "Alright, I'm willing to give you one more chance, but if you ruin it then you can forget about a third."

"Yes!" Dash turned my face to his before crushing his lips to mine in a bruising kiss, leaving me moaning for more. How had I survived without his kisses for so long? The guy knew how to kiss and have a girl swooning after that. "You are mine now."

His claim had my heart smiling and saying,

"Yes, I am."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note.

Hi guys,

Here is another chapter, I hope you all like it. I'm so sorry for not updating last week, I was extremely busy. And I'm sorry that this chapter is short, I had an assignment to do, so wasn't able to write more.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Thank you for reading.

Until next time.

Take care.

Ciao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 993 41
She must feel my presence because she turns around to me so I hold up my knife and run at her. "ARCHIE STOP!" she says as I pin her into the hard bri...
753K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
61.1K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
1.9K 421 10
*Discontinued* Aria is an average teenage girl with regular mood swings and a crazy obsession with any male celebrity that she sees... this couldn't...