Race Of His Life

Por WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 11

243 19 9
Por WinterFury10

"Okay, now we're lying down. So get on with the storytelling already!" Elsa complained.

After a long argument, Jack finally convinced Elsa that it would be much more comfortable if they laid down on the rocks while he explained. Of course, she had refused while blushing slightly, but Jack just stated that he wouldn't share his story unless both of them were comfortable. Left with no other choice, Elsa had sighed and had laid down, and both were looking up at the purple-ish orange sky before Elsa said the above sentence.

"Geez okay," Jack grumbled before he sighed and started his tale. "You wanted to know why I'm so obsessed with winning the race right?"

Elsa nodded.

"To tell you the truth, I was never interested in the Race of Rapidity, or about anyone's powers or whatever. I was just a young innocent boy -stop choking Snowflake- who lived in a small village and wanted to have fun and make others happy. But all of that changed when my father passed away when I was about ten years old. I could do nothing except watch as my mother struggled to look after my younger sister and me while working at the same time. 

"So once I hit my fifteenth birthday, I started working about three part-time jobs to help my mother. She didn't want me to work, but she understood that I had to, if we wanted to live comfortably. Our house was a lot more peaceful after that. We both worked all day but made sure to spend some time with each other and with my sister, Emma, who is ten years younger than me. I think she was sadder about my dad's death than mom and I because she was born just two months after dad's death.

"Anyways, life was perfect for the three of us until after my seventeenth birthday, when my mother was diagnosed with some disease. That was probably the biggest shocking news I had heard in my entire life. Emma and I tried our best to support our mom, but she was hospitalized a few months later. I had managed to get a job, but I couldn't pay all the bills with it. And soon enough, my mom passed away, a month after my eighteenth birthday. 

"Emma and I cried for days and nights, and I tried my best to manage a living for Emma and myself with the wages I received. But the worst part of it all was I knew that mom would have survived if she had received proper medical care. And the reason she couldn't get any help was that I couldn't get any money for her bills. I didn't work hard enough, I wasn't strong enough, and as a result, she was taken." Jack whispered the last part.

"Jack, no matter what you tell yourself, in the end, you know you couldn't have done much," Elsa spoke softly.

"Well, its too late to convince me otherwise," Jack commented dryly.

"So then, after a whole year of grieving, I was sick and tired of watching the people I love fade away right before my eyes. I wanted to be stronger and become more capable to help people who are close to me. And I was scared that I might lose Emma as well, the only person I have left. And that's when I decided that I wanted to be more powerful. I started working on my powers first of all because the only reason I used them was to play with children. My ice powers proved to be a total waste, so I focused on my wind powers instead."

No magical power in this world is a waste, Jack... Elsa thought to herself.

"On one such day when I was playing with my wind powers, I bumped into an old friend of my father's, who was practically family back when my dad was alive. We sat down and spoke for hours together, and he told me about the Race of Rapidity. Since I was born in a village, I didn't know much about it, except that it was a high-class competition which only rich people can take part in."

"Seriously?" Elsa snorted, "Then lemme tell you that I am actually a billionaire who joined the race because my pockets were overfilled."

"Haha, hilarious. Anyways, I was completely captivated as he told me about this race, and the only thing that my brain could come up with was that I can become more powerful and earn a lot of money at the same time. I asked him how I can enter the race, and he told me that there are different methods, but the most common one is to be part of a magic school where you compete with others and make your way to the Regionals. Obviously, I didn't have time to waste or the money to get myself an admission in any magic school. Moreover, I was already eighteen, so I asked him about any other way.

"And that's when he told me that I can get selected for the Regionals if I become a trainee at his company and get selected by the trainers there. He's actually the CEO of a famous sports company called the Guardians Inc. So I started working hard and finally got selected to be a trainee a few months after I turned nineteen. But the selection for that year's race was already over, so I continued training hard. And my effort paid off as I got selected for this year's Regionals and came first place in it.

"But two years of harsh and nonstop training changed me a lot; physically and mentally. My initial goal was to become more powerful so that I can win the race, earn a lot of money and support Emma, but it soon changed and now all I care about is winning the Tachyons Cup. And hence, keeping that goal in mind, I aced the quarterfinals and the semifinals and I was just on my way to achieving my ultimate goal when I got stuck here. And there you go, the end!"

The two of them stayed silent after that until something popped up in Elsa's mind.

"Where do all your flirting habits come from, though?" She asked.

Jack grimaced before answering. "Its just something that my trainers and fellow trainees told would work... Especially if I needed a favour or if I was in trouble..."

"Didn't help you much this time, huh?" Elsa smirked.

"It was a complete waste of time and effort." Jack groaned.

"Well then, your sister, Emma- does she live with you?" Elsa asked.

"Nope. I left her with my father's sister when I left for my training." Jack replied casually.

"You said you've been working nonstop for two years, right?" Elsa asking, sitting up so that she could see his face as she asked her questions.

"Yup," Jack raised his arms and placed his hands below his head.

"And does this nonstop mean you didn't see your sister at all?" Elsa raised an eyebrow.

"Um... I did visit her a couple of times..." Jack trailed away, looking away from her piercing gaze. He glanced back and saw her glaring at him, which made him groan. "Okay, fine I admit it. I visited her for the first few months until I became completely obsessed with developing my powers. I haven't seen her for a year or so."

"Jack are you an idiot?!" Elsa hissed before smacking him hard on the arm.

"Ow, that hurts!" Jack whined, rubbing his arm.

"Why didn't you visit her?" Elsa asked.

"Well, I told you! My goal changed and I became obsessed with winning the race! And besides, Emma is safe and happy with other kids her age in my aunt's house," He complained.

"Do you really think she's happy?"

"....yes?"

"That sounded more like a question than a statement, meaning you aren't sure whether she's happy or not."

"Look, at least she doesn't have a useless older brother hovering over her, who can't even maintain a low-wage job properly," Jack grumbled.

"Goodness, I knew you were stupid but not this stupid!" Elsa groaned. "Jack, both of you have lost both of your parents. And you even said that Emma was probably sadder because she couldn't even meet her father. So after your mom died, just like how she's the only one you have, you became the only one she has! I mean, what would you do if Emma, the only person you rely on, suddenly left you a few months after your mom died?!"

Elsa had this sudden urge to slap him when he gave her a blank stare as realisation slowly crept onto his face, but she held herself back.

"You imbecile, come to your senses already!" Elsa grabbed his jacket collar and yanked him up. "What are you gonna do once you achieve that title of Tachyons Cup winner? How can it even come of use? A title is just a title, Jack! It can easily slip away from you when someone else appears. But the family isn't like that! No matter what you go through, the first ones to stay by your side will always be your family! And you just left yours, initially for her sake, but gradually for your own. Don't you feel guilty?!"

Jack just stared at her, regret making its appearance along with guilt and sadness.

"I-I-" he stuttered, speechless at her outburst.

"You moron," Elsa sighed, pulling him up even more so that he sat up straight. "Be honest with me. Did you even speak with Emma?"

"I- yes, she called up when I was leaving for California," Jack admitted.

"And how did she sound?"

"...sad."

"And did you feel bad when you heard her voice?"

"...yes."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes," he replied without any hesitation, unlike his previous replies. His own eyes widened in surprise at the quick reply while Elsa just smiled and moved her hands from his collar to his shoulders.

"Then talk to her," she advised, her voice soft and assuring, "She's the only family you have now, and I'm pretty sure she'd love to see you too."

"She wouldn't," Jack muttered, looking down at the rocks.

"And why's that?"

"My goal wasn't the only thing that changed. As my training proceeded, I started isolating myself from others and from Emma. I wanted to change, so I completely changed myself. I started wearing black all the time, I got piercings done in my ear, I always dye my hair white, I became a huge flirt and I even changed the form of my staff from a wooden hooked stick to a steel-black villain's staff coz others told it would look better. Goodness, I even changed my name from Jackson Overland Frost to Jack Frost because my original name sounded old-school." Jack admitted.

"And how were you before all of this?"

"I wore blue most of the time because both Emma and I loved blue, I was just a normal guy with brown hair who was charming and worked as a part-time pizza delivery boy," Jack muttered.

"Jack," Elsa started, making him face her by placing both of her hands on his cheeks, "it isn't a matter of the past or present you. Because you are who you are. Do you wish you never became the person who you are now?"

"Well, I do like myself other than a few habits of mine," Jack admitted.

"You see, if you like who you are, then it means you are being yourself. Past self, present self, all of it was you and no one else. So no one can ask you to change. You need to do that on your own. It's your decision if you want to change some aspects of yours. But the one thing I'm telling you is to never ignore your family again. Because you know the pain of losing your parents, and I do too, and if I were to lose Anna, I would jump off a cliff and die. Do you wanna lose Emma like you lost your parents?"

"No," phat came the reply.

"Then talk to her. Explain why you were being an asshole to her this entire time. I am sure she'll understand and come to forgive you," Elsa smiled.

Jack just stared at her smiling face and had this sudden urge to hug her. But instead, he gave a weak smile. "Thanks, Snowflake," he whispered.

"No problem. Now get up, it's getting dark and Anna would kick your ass if we turned up late." Elsa grinned, standing up and wrapping her scarf around her neck.

"You should seriously take up the job of a counsellor or something," Jack teased, but he had a fond smile on his face.

"Nobody's got time for that," Elsa replied in a sassy tone as she swung her bag on her shoulder, "besides, I know how uncomfortable it is to talk about your traumas to a complete stranger. Not for everyone, though."

"Then what about me? Am I a complete stranger?" Jack asked as he picked up his own bag.

"I think you're at least at the first level of being friends since you literally know my past," Elsa replied as she waited for him.

"Oh Snowflake, I thought we were more," Jack pouted, though the mischievous glint in his eyes made her blush a bit.

"Of course we aren't! Why would I date an idiot like you?" Elsa grinned.

"Fair point, Milady," Jack nodded, making her laugh under her breath. "Let's get going now." He stated, walking towards her to lift her up again.

"We can just take the stairs," Elsa pointed out, stepping back a bit.

"Nah, where's the fun in that? Besides," he trailed off, grabbing her waist and yanking her towards himself. "I love carrying you in my arms."

"You know how I told you about changing some aspects of yours?" Elsa started, her face a little pink as Jack pressed her against his own body. "You really need to change these flirty habits of yours."

"But why?" Jack whined, lifting her up bridal style, "As much as I hate it, flirting with you gives me a completely different sense of joy. And I know you like it when I flirt with you."

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, you do!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"What's the proof?"

"That adorable blush on your face, which just increased when I called you adorable."

"I'm not blushing! It's because of the cold!"

"But you have ice powers!"

"That doesn't mean I'm not human!"

And their endless bickering continued on as Jack flew them to where the motorbike was parked.

He quickly retrieved the hidden helmets and they were off to the rink, finally silencing themselves.

.....

"Hey Snowflake, we're here," Jack stated as took off his helmet.

Unlike the first time they rode the bike together, Elsa had her arms wrapped around him as she leaned her head against his back.

'I wouldn't even if I was falling to my death' she had said.. Jack thought to himself with a smile on his face.

She had been silent for the entire ride, and that gave Jack time to think about everything that they had spoken about.

And now, after reaching the rink, Jack called out to her once more but Elsa stayed in the same position, which made Jack wonder.

Is she...

He almost laughed out loud it when he saw that she was fast asleep, but his laughter turned into a fond smile when he felt her arms tighten around him. Normally, he would've ripped her off him and would've walked away, but his perspective of her changed drastically after these past few days. And the way she gently advised him after hearing his story was, in his eyes, truly marvellous.

As much as I love it when she's hugging me, I need to take her back...

"Hey Snowflake," Jack poked her cheek gently, "time to wake up."

"Fiv' mo' min'ts.." She mumbled, burying her head in his back.

Awww...

Jack get a hold of yourself!

Though his face was scorching red right now, Jack continued poking her cheek and sighed when she didn't seem to have any plans of waking up any time soon.

That leaves me with no choice then...

Jack turned around to the side and wrapped an arm around her to hold her straight before he got off the bike. Elsa made a sound of protest but Jack just slid her off the bike and carried her bridal style. Elsa quickly snuggled into his chest and Jack just looked down and smiled at her as he walked around the rink. He noticed the lights on in the supper hall and walked in, only to dodge a steel tumbler which went flying over his head.

"JACK FROST WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?!?!" Anna roared as she ran towards them.

Jack screamed in a girly manner before he ran and hid behind Kristoff.

"I swear on my mother's grave that I didn't do anything to your sister! We were sitting and talking and she fell asleep on the way here and- ohmygoodnesspleasedon'tkillme!" Jack rambled, his words barely understandable as he hid behind the blonde.

"You have two minutes to run before I rip off your little-"

"Now now Anna, calm down and let him explain," Rapunzel stepped in, grabbing Anna's shoulders and yanking her back to make her sit down.

This girl is scary...

"Thank you," Jack gulped.

"Well, you better explain fast or even Punzie won't be able to hold me back," Anna crossed her arms.

"I told you, we were returning from the waterfalls when she fell asleep. I tried waking her up but she wouldn't so I thought I'll carry her. I saw the lights still on here so I came to see you guys," Jack repeated.

"Really, are you sure you didn't drug her with anything?" Flynn joked, but then he gulped when he saw Anna glaring at him which made him raise his hands in surrender. "Just kidding."

"But I wanna know what happened the whole day. Start talking," Anna demanded.

"Geez, fine" Jack rolled his eyes, before he looked down at the platinum-blonde in his arms. "Don't you think we should put her in bed first?"

"Okay then, get her here. I'll go and set her in bed and then we can discuss today's events," Anna stated and held her arms out for Jack to place Elsa.

"Are you sure you can take her on your own?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Are you forgetting who I am?" Anna asked, her own eyebrows raised.

"Oh yeah, you're Hulk's successor," Jack muttered as he walked forward.

"What was that, Frost?"

"Nothing, ma'am." Jack squeaked.

But just as he reached her, Rapunzel leapt forward and grabbed Anna. She pulled her away and the two started whispering something to each other.

"What are they talking about?" Jack asked.

"Trust me, its probably something you wouldn't want to know," Flynn patted him on his shoulder.

.....

"But why should I let him carry my sister to her bed? What if he tries to do something to her and-"

"Anna," Rapunzel cut her off by placing her hand on Anna's mouth as she stared at her determinedly. "Don't you ship those two?"

"I do! I just think its too early for him to take her bed to and-"

"Jelsa?" Rapunzel reminded her. The strawberry-blonde just stared at her for a few seconds before she sighed in defeat.

Anna turned around to the men and walked over to Jack before crossing her arms.

"Can I trust you to leave her in bed?" She asked. Jack, Flynn and Kristoff just blinked in shock and glanced at Rapunzel before looking at Anna again.

"What?" Jack asked, dumbfounded.

"I asked, can you leave my sister in bed?" She repeated, before sighing and dropping her arms to her side. "I still haven't had my dinner and Punzie here pointed out that I can probably finish up by the time you return and we can talk."

"Are you sure? Because then I'll have to remove her mobile from her pocket, remove her scarf, jacket, her boots and-"

"Why you little-"

"Anna calm down!" Rapunzel jumped forward again and hugged Anna from behind her before she looked over at Jack.

"Just leave her in bed, Jack. Anna and I will go later and make her comfortable," she stated.

"Okay..." Jack trailed off before he turned around and walked away.

His arms felt a little numb from carrying her for so long but Jack wasn't bothered by it as he walked towards her house. It was surprisingly open and Jack walked in and up the stairs and reached her room in no time. He held her more tightly when he tried opening her bedroom door, and Elsa snuggled closer to his chest.

He finally got through and looked around the neat and organized room. There was a desk to a corner and opposite to it was her bed, and there were a few photos hanging on the walls. All of them were of her family, her parents, Anna, Anna and Elsa, and the rest of the members at the rink. He looked at each one with a smile on his face until he noticed that there wasn't even a single trace of anything related to the race.

Jack gently set Elsa on her bed. Elsa had a small smile on her face, her hair spread out on the pillow behind her head. She pulled her legs up, curled into a ball and hugged her knees as she slept.

She. Is. Adorable.

Jack smiled to himself before he finally got up. He gave her one last glance as he closed the door.

.....

"So to sum it up, she owed you so you took her on a date, both of you took a dip and you spoke about each other's tragic background stories," Flynn stated.

"Pretty much," Jack nodded.

"So you didn't do anything romantic?" Rapunzel asked, with an are-you-kidding-me kinda expression on her face.

"Well, swimming with her and the ride was pretty romantic, I guess," Jack admitted before he realised what he just told. "I mean, it didn't have to be romantic. I just wanted to know about the trophies, that's all! I said it would be a date, but both of us knew it wasn't a date date. Yeah, not that kind of date."

"Okay..." Flynn trailed off awkwardly.

"I just have one thing to ask you, Jack," Anna stated, leaning forward from where she sat across Jack on the other side of the table.

"Do you like my sister?"

.....

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

84.6K 3K 41
Elsa Winters could be easily described as perfect. She has a great family, awesome friends, a secured future, beautiful looks, and above it all, she...
7.1K 238 28
[( COMPLETED)] "Elsa you mistake get out here right now" My stepmother yelled out, these past few years have been and nightmare my mum died in a car...
66.6K 2.8K 31
Jack Frost was a insider, he doesnt have a family and lives in his mansion alone with his servants He lost his family when he was only 8 in a terrib...
529K 20.2K 54
#35 in Action 20th April 2015. #415 in Fanfiction 21st September 2015. She finally found her inner self and her courage, the will to live. That's whe...