His Wife's Heartbreak

By ChocolateLoves2

Sequel to 'I Sold My Virginity' Hi! If you're new. This is my second book. I suggest reading 'I Sold My Virgi... More

Beginning
Recap/ New Beginnings
Bradley
The Big Four
Bringing Me Back
Lunch
Change
Encounter
Vacation
Making Things Right
Forgiven
Flashback
It's Time
Plan
Late Explanations
Taken
This Could Be Forever
Operation: Take Back
Waiting
Dear Departed
He's Got Me
Closer
Where Is She?
Brothers
He's Your...
Wife
Things Are Different Now
Truth
Promises
Commitments
Party
Tell Him
The Bestest Day
Christmas Eve
The Most Wonderful Time
Finality
Dinner at Moms
Nightmare
Moving On
Kink
Apologize
My Husband
I Can't Leave
Again
Another One
Four Months Later
September 18th
6 Years Later

Brunch

66.7K 2.1K 234
By ChocolateLoves2

There's something I don't quite understand about Bradley Hawthorne. He, for one, is nothing like his brother. He's more approachable then Michael but even then he's still intimidating.

I haven't figured him out yet. I don't know his intentions with me and that's not good.

I looked in the mirror one last time before I turned toward John. "How do I look?" I asked.

I put on a white sweater and some jeans and white shoes. It took me forever to find what to wear, I normally don't care about what I look like but today I do. I want to impress Bradley for some odd reason. He is my boss's brother.

He gazed at me a while before I answered. "You look great. How does mommy look, Ken?"

Kenny looked up from Johns phone and smiled "Beautiful"

"Thank you" I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Where are you guys going?" John asked as he followed.

"I don't know, to whatever place sells brunch" I sighed.

"Is he pretty?" He took a sip of his water.

I looked at him sideways. "It doesn't matter if he's pretty, he is nice and I keep turning him down"

"Why? You need to get out and have some fun"

"Kenny is my fun since you've been with your girlfriend"

He laughed. "You know I always make time for you"

"I know John" I smiled. "And I like Tina, she's good for you"

"She is" he smiled a toothy smile, cheesing over her. I'm glad he met her, they are madly in love and they have a healthy relationship. She's not another April.

I leaned against the counter and cross my arms. "I have to tell you something" I said quietly so Kenny couldn't hear.

"What's wrong?" John asked immediately concerned.

I took a deep breath before I answered. "Jess wants Joshua to know"

"About...?"

I nodded slowly and tried not to get emotional. I just can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if I can see if again. I don't know if I want to, I've finally moved on. I'm finally doing better.

He frowned and looked at the floor. "What when is this? And she doesn't get to make that decision"

"Tomorrow and she said she'd tell him if I didn't" I bit my lip. I stared into space.

"Think about something else" John said. He knows when I'm about to cry, he knows me too well.

The doorbell rang and my head shot up. "He's here" I said quietly.

"Go get the door"

"I don't wanna get the door you get the door!" I said sharply.

"Valentina"

"John" I whined.

He stood up and grabbed my arm, pulling me toward the door. I struggled to get away from him but then the door bell rang again.

"Bye baby" I kissed Kenny's cheeks and he hugged me before going back to his game.

I decided not to stall anymore and pushed John away from the door before I opened it.

Bradley looked up at me with a big smile and big blue eyes. "Hi" he said sexily not looking away from me.

I blushed and looked away for a second. "Hi"

"Are you all ready to go?"

"Yes" I stepped out and closed the door behind me. I squeezed my red clutch tightly as he walked me to his white truck. Opening the door for me and closing it when I got in.

"So where are we headed?" I asked as he started his truck and started driving.

"It's a surprise" he chuckled.

"Great" I tried to be cheerful but here's a lot of stuff going on and I should be focusing on that. I don't need distractions right now and I probably should've just told Bradley no from the start.

"What's on your mind?" He asked while focusing on the road.

"Oh nothing" I said with enthusiasm in my voice.

"Did you hear what they said in the office the other day?"

"No, what happened?"

"Apparently some girl got kidnapped and raped and was thrown onto the sidewalk last week"

"Just outside the building?" I asked.

"Yea, pretty frightening"

"Is she okay?"

"The police said she won't speak, but I sure hope she is"

"I do too" I said getting quiet. It's weird that he would bring that up, maybe he's just finding something to talk about?

"Sorry to bring down the mood like that" he smiled and looked over at me. "I was just wondering if you'd heard anything"

"No I haven't heard anything"

"I hope you're hungry cause we're here"

We pulled up to this beautiful place with lots of cars parked out front and tons of people standing in line.

He parked the car and opened the door for me to get out. "How are we going to get in?" I asked. "There's like a hundred people waiting"

"I know how, give me your hand"

I hesitated before I slipped mine into his and followed closely behind him.

I could feel all the stares and glances we were getting as we walked in. I don't know if it's because they've never seen a black woman with a white man, or if it's because we're cutting the line.

"Don't mind these people" Bradley whispered softly in my ear.

His warm breath made my stomach flutter and my heart skip a beat. I closed my eyes for a second too long. "They are just upset we're cutting the line"

He pulled away from me and I was blinded by the light filing the restaurant. "I have a reservation" he said to the hostess.

"We don't make reservations, sir"

"I know the manager"

"Oh" she corrected herself. "Are you Mr. Bradley Hawthorne"

"That's me" he shot the young girl with brown hair a smile and she guided him through the sea of people.

"You can sit here, someone will be with you in a moment" she placed down our menus.

"Thank you" He said.

We both sat down and I look around nervously. I felt small and intimidated in huge room.

I picked up my menu and stuck my noise in it trying to hide my face. "What's good?" I ask.

He opened his menu and looked through it. "I like the poached egg with hash browns and bacon"

"Mm" I hummed. "That sounds good"

"You want that?" He asked.

"Yea" I folded my menu back up and placed it down.

"I will too" he waved the waitress over and ordered our food.

"So how's everything at work going?"

"So busy. We have thirty new clients and I am up to my neck in paperwork"

"And you're doing everything?"

"Yea, sort of"

"That must put a lot of stress on you" he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table.

"Enough about me" I changed the subject. "What about you? What do you do?"

"I do business"

I waited for him to keep talking but he didn't. "Oh- is that it?"

"Yup" he laughed. "Just business"

"Anything like Mr. Hawthorne?"

"No a different type of business, I'm not very interesting Valentina"

My heart dropped when he said my name. Why did he say my name? Why won't he tell me what he does? Just business sounds like something dangerous, something I don't want to be involved in.

But what am I doing? What is he doing? Why is he making me feel like this? Like I'm some special person, I'm not very special. And he's making me seem important and interesting.

Maybe it's just infatuation, maybe in just in the heat of the moment. I don't think I can see Bradley again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 16.3K 28
[Can be a stand alone!][Book 2] {Valleyside Pack} Milo Morgan is an only son, the only heir to his pack. He's expected to earn his title rather than...
392K 9.7K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
546 19 10
" you will do as i say ...no ifs and buts ...do u hear me ? " he shouted .She was terrified and hiding herself from him .She knew if she didn't reply...
391K 14.7K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...