Race Of His Life

Par WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 10

282 19 4
Par WinterFury10

A/N: REALLLY long explanations coming up!

"Okay, so what exactly did you wanna know?" Elsa said to herself.

"How did you win so many of those Tachyons Cups, when did you win those, and why they were broken down in your basement which, might I add, is completely wrecked up, and finally, why is someone who's so good at racing as yourself, here in a small rink?" Jack asked.

"Now that's a lot of questions," Elsa stated dryly, "But I will answer them nonetheless. I do owe you after all. Is it okay if I start from my childhood?"

"That would be even better," Jack admitted.

"Okay," Elsa whispered, taking a deep breath before she started.

"I was born here in the rink, to Agnar Arendelle Winters and Iduna Winters. I've lived here for as long as I can remember, along with Anna, Rapunzel, and Merida. All of us became pros at ice skating, but Merida preferred Horse Riding more, Anna was interested in snowmen and Rapunzel loved cooking and painting. That left me to practice more than the others.

"My parents and Anna were normal by birth but Anna received her superhuman strength as she grew up whereas I was born with ice powers, which I inherited from my grandmother, and I really loved them. Anna and I would wake up in the middle of the night to play with my powers, make snowmen, have snowball fights, you name it. It went to the extent of Anna, Merida and Rapunzel never leaving my side during summer because the weather used to be a lot more hotter than it is now and I was able to keep them cool. I wanted to make them happier, so I started trying various things with my powers. And soon enough, my love for my powers grew so much that I wanted to learn more about them.

"I spoke to my father about this and he was reluctant at first, but he agreed after half a year of seeing how much my powers meant to me. So I left the rink and headed to the city at the age of eight. I joined a magical academy, which happened to be a boarding school, that taught children more about our powers. So I learnt and continued developing my powers and myself. And that's when it all started.

"Soon enough, the announcement for the auditions for the Race of Rapidity arrived at our academy. Back then, Manny worked as a professor in our academy, and I knew him since he was also part of the rink. He was very impressed with my work, even though I was barely eleven at that time, and encouraged me to try out for the race. I wasn't too sure, but when he pointed out that I might get to know of many other people's powers as well, I auditioned.

"It wasn't easy, as you might know, because of all the training we had to do. There were some times when I just wanted to return back home, but then I would remember how much dad and mom had sacrificed for me, and that drove me forwards. Manny agreed to train me and I trained much more than anyone in the whole academy. And soon enough, I came first in my academy for my performance, and I was selected for the Regionals.

"If I thought School level was tough, Regionals was worse. They trained us really hard and many even dropped out because they couldn't handle the stress. But as I told you, I wanted to know more so I pushed myself through everything. I met many people, and I was awestruck whenever I saw anyone's powers. But soon enough, thanks to the harsh training and Manny's motivational speeches, a new ambition stemmed into my heart- to win the Tachyons Cup.

"And of course, me being my usual self, I had plenty of doubts. All it took was one visit to the rink, where I saw how everyone was having a hard time without customers, and I was completely determined to win the Tachyons Cup. So I tried my best to win Regionals, knowing that the Regionals is where competitors get sponsored by whichever company gets interested in them. And finally, my hard work paid off, I won the Regionals in First place, and I signed a contract with Nightmares Inc. along with a few other racers.

"Though the company barely paid any attention to us newbies, we were given the freedom to do our own research. So I studied hard, and received even more information's about powers, not only mine but others as well. I continued training with Manny, who had officially become my coach. We were taken to Quarterfinals, and I claimed my victory by coming first in this as well. And only at the quarterfinals did I realise that I was really fast and that I can make myself even faster. So being the nerd I was, I researched more and more, and came up with techniques and learnt new moves by watching previous Tachyons Cup winners.

"And once I won the semifinals, our boss finally met up with me. We spoke for a long time and basically, he told me that if I were to win the Tachyons Cup, I will have the freedom to conduct any research I want but in return, I would have to sign a contract with Nightmares Inc. to not join any other company for the next ten years. Though I was pretty mature for an eleven-year old, I spoke to my parents about this, and they, along with Manny, had a conversation with my boss. They came to the conclusion that I would continue working for Nightmares Inc. but Manny would remain as my coach.

"Finally, I entered the finals, where I would race for the Tachyons Cup. It was definitely worse than I had imagined, but I tried my best and finished the race with an obvious victory. My parents and my entire family at the rink was overcome with joy and Manny had been so proud of me. I received all the money, gifts and fame that came with winning the race, and for a while, I felt content; I was satisfied with my powers. And that's when I was told that I would have to compete in the next race as well, as a representative of Nightmares Inc.

"The next to few months were hectic, attending interviews, visiting places for advertisement, filming many things; goodness it was hell. I couldn't even visit the rink for a long time, but the support everyone sent along with the letters and small gifts was worth it all. And soon enough, I was given a break, and I headed straight for the rink. And that's the story of me winning my very first Tachyons Cup when I was eleven years old." Elsa smiled.

"That sounds pretty rough but amazing at the same time. But what makes it even more fascinating was the fact that you were merely a kid." Jack grinned.

"Excuse me, but I wasn't your average eleven year old who was obsessed with Disney Princesses and Barbie, etc. Anyways, I thought as I'll get used to the stress, but my second time was worse than the first," Elsa admitted.

"Why's that's?" Jack asked.

"My first time at Nightmares Inc., I barely knew anything, and just followed whatever Manny told me to do. But two years later, when I was thirteen, the next Race of Rapidity started and I was called back to the company. Winning the Tachyons Cup the previous year meant that I was directly selected for the quarterfinals. But this time, I was put under even more stress, what with attending a few more interviews and having a bodyguard tailing me every minute of the day. I used to beg for breaks, but I was never granted any. And the company's personal trainers joined in training me, but were chased away many times by Manny. Being my coach the previous year meant he had become very popular as well, and things weren't easy for him. But I never let myself down and continued racing. And won the Race of Rapidity again, having developed greater than the last time.

"My third race two years later was pretty much the same, but the only difference was at that time, at the age of fifteen, I became the fastest. My current speed is nothing compared to how fast I was back then, and I won that race as well. To my delight, Merida had joined the race as well, but she could reach only the semifinals, where she came third.

"I was seventeen and preparing for my fourth race when everything went downhill. Nightmares Inc. started getting many more talented racers and slowly started losing interest in me, but my title as the only racer to win three consecutive races kept them from firing me. Besides, the President was a greedy asshole and he knew that if I was fired, the other companies wouldn't hesitate to hire me. I was fine till my semifinals, but I used to argue a lot with my other trainers and my manager, and that made the situation kind of difficult to handle.

"It was when I came back to the rink during my break before finals that I received the worst news I ever got: my parents had got caught in a storm when they were sailing for business matters, and they never returned. Their ship was found at the bottom of the ocean and their bodies were found almost eaten up by the marine life.

"I..." Jack cut in, completely taken aback by the information he just received. "I'm sorry..."

"Nah, forget about it. I'm done grieving and it's been long since I accepted that they've truly gone. It's just..." Elsa whispered to herself, and Jack watched on as Elsa leaned her head back and stared at the sky. "I just miss them a lot and I wish I could've spent more time with them," she admitted.

Jack wasted no time in sitting at her side, wrapping a comforting arm around her shoulders. Elsa froze for a few seconds before she placed a hand on his, which was on her shoulder.

"Thanks," Elsa gave a thankful smile, settled comfortably against Jack's side.

"The funeral was held a few days later but I wasn't allowed to attend, due to the finals being close. I was completely stressed and heartbroken, and I wasn't even able to practice for the next few days. Not able to handle any of it anymore, I begged my boss to leave me to return to the rink. He refused, but I was adamant about returning. It was only when he threatened me that he wouldn't hesitate to hurt Anna and the others did I realise that my boss and his company were just a group of monsters following one big devil.

"I was forced to train, and the fact that Manny was practically held hostage was the only reason I went along with the training. And then in the blink of an eye, I was standing at the beginning tracks of the finals, my mind just clouded with all kinds of thoughts. The race began and I flew with all my might, trying my best to concentrate on the race. But I couldn't.

"Memories of my peaceful childhood which consisted of midnight games with the girls, Rapunzel's mom reciting her favourite stories to all of us, Merida forcing us all to ride on the horse without her parents' permission- all of it just suddenly flashed before my eyes. I swayed a bit, trying my best to take control again, but my parents' and Anna's smiling faces fading into the darkness, their bodies being pulled out of the shipwreck and Anna begging me to stay as she clung onto me just played before my eyes, and everything else in the world just vanished. I was about to reach out to them-"

Elsa's hand reached up to the sky, making Jack's heart tighten in sympathy and sorrow.

"-when I completely slipped. I was clinging onto dear life by holding onto my snowboard which I use for flying, when one of the other racers, Hans Westerguard, also a competitor sponsored my Nightmares Inc. flew right over me. We were flying through a dark tunnel, but I could see his eyes gleaming in victory as he pulled my fingers off my board and let go of them just as we exited. I crashed to the ground from a great height, and I knew I was doomed."

"He deliberately pushed you off?!" Jack asked, horrified and furious that someone could do that and none of the officials spoke against it.

"Oh it gets even worse," Elsa stated dryly before continuing.

"I don't remember much of what happened later, but once I woke up, I was informed of having a fractured arm and leg, and several broken ribs. They told me that it was a miracle that I had managed to survive because a fall from such a height was a definite death for anyone. I just stayed in bed for days, often visited by my friends and family, Anna being the most frequent visitor. And while I was in the hospital, Manny took care of everything regarding my career, and he seemed to avoid me for some reason.

"Once I was well enough to sit up in bed, Hans visited. He was pretty smug about winning that year's Cup, but I barely paid any attention to him. And I was pretty straightforward when I asked him about what happened on the tracks. He just laughed, telling me that it was something the company had asked him to do.

"I consulted my boss about this when he paid a visit, telling me that he had 'missed' me and that he was 'worried' for me. He kept giving me the sweet talk but I showed him that I was in no mood for any of his bullshit. And that's when he showed me his true nature."

Elsa stayed silent for a few seconds as she took a few deep breaths and Jack just tightened his grip around her. Elsa leaned against him, grateful for his support as she continued.

"Pitch Black, the President of Nightmares Inc., was a complete monster. He told me that he had really wanted me to win, initially, but when I was on my break, Hans' father, a well-known businessman, came and spoke to him about how he wanted Hans to win that year's Race of Rapidity, having failed the past two years. Pitch had said that Hans winning wasn't possible as long as I was in the race, but Mr Westerguard couldn't care less as he insisted that Hans has to win. And right then, when Pitch got to know about my parents' death, he formulated a plan and set up a man to stalk me to see my behaviour after my parents' death. Once he was sure that I wasn't in focus, he discussed his plan with the Westerguards and they were happy as well.

"And finally, on the day of the race, they put their plan in action and once I was in the tunnel, it turned out that I didn't slip on my own, but Hans had actually melted part of my snowboard. And well, you know the rest. I slipped and fell while he completed the race and won.

"Obviously, I was completely horrified when he told me about this, and even told him that I'm gonna go to the police. Pitch just smirked and replied that the power of the Nightmares Inc and the Westerguards is on a higher level than a simple seventeen-year-old, no matter whether I won the races or not. I didn't hesitate to curse him in very 'beautiful' words until he pointed out that me losing the race was my own fault, and Hans and the others just played a tiny part in it.

"And at that moment it struck me, that no matter what, it was my own fault for losing focus during the race. Yeah, Hans may have attempted to make me fall, but that wouldn't have happened if I had paid attention to my surroundings." Elsa whispered.

"Elsa, it was not your fault," Jack consoled her, looking at her face as she stared down at the rocks, "you literally just told me that this Pitch person and the Westerguards planned to take you out, how- how is that still your fault?"

"Jack, their plan consisted of me losing focus, which happened exactly how they wanted. Because if it had been the fifteen-year-old me, I would've finished the race as fast as possible instead of drowning in my thoughts," Elsa pointed out.

"You couldn't help it, your parents died and you couldn't even visit their funeral. I mean, how horrible is that?! As a person who's lost their parents, I know how you feel," Jack stated.

Elsa just stared at him in shock, and Jack's eyes widened when he realised what he had just blurted out.

"What-" Elsa started.

"I'm gonna explain everything later on anyways, so continue with your tale," Jack muttered.

"Okay," Elsa gave him one side glance, before turning to the sky again.

"Anyways, Pitch basically told me that I was fired now that I lost the race. And even though he told me that there was no point in going to the police, I tried filing a complaint anyways but it was rejected at once. I tried arguing about this but they merely looked at me before requesting me to leave." Elsa frowned.

"Didn't Manny back you up on this? And why does he hate you so much anyway?" Jack asked.

"The answer to the first question would be no, he didn't, because I never told anyone but Anna about this. And for the second question, honestly, I don't know. But I just have a feeling that his respect and love for me completely vanished after my race." Elsa answered.

"And why would you think like that?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I lived with him in the same dorm and considered him as my second father and he lovingly teased me and praised me until after my semifinals. But after we came back to the city from the rink, I wasn't in focus as much as I used to be. I messed up a lot during training and he would always give me a disapproving look. But after I lost the race, he completely despised me.

"A few days before the race, I became desperate and begged him to talk to me or tell me what's wrong. He wouldn't even glance at me before telling me to get to bed. He even put me in a different dorm after a few weeks. I guess the only explanation for his behaviour would be that his star player became a loser and hence, he loathed me.

"I was an emotional wreck after getting discharged from the hospital, so I was brought back to the rink. I stayed in my parents' house for weeks, refusing to come out until Anna came and sat next to me, and spoke to me. I eventually told her everything about my life, and by the end, I was a sobbing mess. That was the day she encouraged me to not lose hope, and to continue pursuing my dream.

"Of course, Manny had taken after my dad in taking care of the rink so I had to ask his permission to head to the city again. He refused, telling me that I had no reason to go back. I argued with him that racing is my dream and I want to continue racing, but he only looked at me and said that Pitch wouldn't hire me again, and he will make sure that I can't join any other company either. I was upset after that conversation and told Anna about this. She just woke me up in the middle of the night and we left to the city.

"As he had said, I couldn't join Nightmares Inc. again, and Pitch literally said to my face that the Westerguards have a lot to offer him than a girl from a small ice rink. But I tried visiting some other companies as well, and none of them were ready to hire me. After asking three such companies, I lost all hope of ever racing again and I returned to the rink. Manny completely avoided me for the next few days, but he had to talk to me once I started working for the rink. And he's hated me ever since. The end." Elsa sighed.

"Wow, that is one heck of a tough life story," Jack commented, "what about your basement and the trophies in there?"

"After coming back to the rink, I stopped using my powers as they just reminded me of how much of a failure I am. So obviously, after being used for such a long time, my powers continued growing even though I stopped using them. And if I don't let it out time to time, it eventually bursts out, like air filling a balloon. So I needed a place where I could just relieve myself of my stress, and the basement was perfect since its existence is practically unknown, except for that door which you used to enter.

"And my trophies... I couldn't help it. Whenever I saw them, no matter whether it was my first or last cup, they just haunted me and reminded me of my past. But then one day, I couldn't take it anymore; I just grabbed all of them and blasted them in the basement. But they didn't break since they're made from some magical metal. So there you go, my complete life story has been recited," Elsa finished.

"If that story was written in a novel, it would be the best selling book of all times," Jack stated.

"Blah blah, now tell your story." Elsa demanded.

"Do I have to?" Jack whined.

"Yes, now start talking," Elsa insisted.

Jack just huffed, before he glanced back at the rock they were sitting on, before looking at Elsa again.

"Can we lie down?"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

30.4K 794 34
I am pretty sure you have read a story with Jelsa and High School in which Jack is popular and Elsa the 'nerd' etc....Well this one has a twist! In a...
6.4K 380 29
- ˏˋ 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑇𝑤𝑜 ˊˎ - 𝑬𝒍𝒔𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒐𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒔 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒉�...
8.2K 374 18
It's 1841. Jackson Overland - intelligent, gentle, and lonely - struggles with his humdrum existence in his small Norwegian town. One night, he sees...
35.5K 530 50
Elsa is an innocent girl she's super nice and quite beautiful, sometimes she can be stubborn and she doesn't believe in love...she's in collage and h...