Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

15.7K 362 127
By JillNapier

Disclaimer: I only own what I come up with. This is a fan fiction, everything that J.K Rowling comes up with belongs to her.

Please vote and comment!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

" I bet 30 galleons she won't make all outstandings." Bellatrix said nonchalantly to the other death eaters in the room. I could feel her eyes boring into my head and I refrained a smirk. I held the envelope that contained my OWLS tightly in my hands as I stood before them.

I was spending the morning at Black Manor today before I go to Diagon Alley with my friends...not that the death eaters know....but what they don't know won't hurt them.

" Your on." Yaxley said gruffly and confidently.

I could sense the hate in Bellatrix's eyes as she stared at me but I acted oblivious to it. Stupid crazy lady.

" You don't think I did well?" I asked innocently.

I heard Draco chuckle and could practically feel my father smirking. I smiled to myself.

" No, I don't." Bellatrix said as she picked at her nails.

" Daddy...what do you think?" I asked him innocently.

The room became to fidget nervously when I acted cute. Usually when I was extremely cute I would turn it around quickly and bite someones head off. People were quickly learning that they don't mess with me just like they don't mess with my father.

My dad smirked and said from his seat in his thronelike chair in the front of the room " Well, if you're anything like me, you would have gotten all Outstandings."

" Well....I guess there is only one way to find out..." I sighed.

I opened the envelope slowly...already knowing my grades. I've got the best grades in the entire school. So it's never really a surprise to me, what my grades will be.

I looked over the letter and smirked. It read...

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results
Pass Grades                      Fail Grades
Outstanding (O)                   Poor (P)
Exeeds Expectations (E)     Dreadful (D)
Acceptable (A)                     Troll (T)

Ava Carly Wilson has achieved:
Astronomy                                      O
----------------------------------------------------
Care of Magical Creatures             O
---------------------------------------------------
Charms                                           O
----------------------------------------------------
Defense Against the Dark Arts       O
-----------------------------------------------------
Arithmancy                                     O
-----------------------------------------------------
Herbology                                       O  
-----------------------------------------------------
History of Magic                              O  
-----------------------------------------------------
Potions                                            O 
-----------------------------------------------------
Transfiguration                                O
-----------------------------------------------------

" Well..." I said looking around me emotionlessly to promote suspense. " It looks like Yaxley just became 30 galleons richer."

I smiled and my dad clapped " Good job, Ava. "

Bellatrix growled and handed over the galleons.

" You should have known better than to bet against a Riddle, Bellatrix." Yaxley said smugly.

" Shut up!!" She snarled.

I rolled my eyes in her general direction and she shrieked in rage knowing she couldn't call me out on it.

" Oh shut it you big baby." I snapped at her as I took my leave from the room to go to the Malfoy's back garden.

I could hear Bellatrix complaining and screaming as I left out the back door. Sometimes I really just need time to myself. Some of the people (cough cough * Bellatrix* cough cough) are really hard to be around. They are so insane...I guess that's what Azkaban does to a person.

I walked out into the garden and took a deep breath. I walked toward the center of the garden, where a huge, glorious fountain stood... with a giant golden peacock gurgling out water. Apparently a white peacock is the family's animal... kindof like Slytherin is a snake and Gryffindor is a griffen, or lion.

I stood in front of the amazing fountain and waited.

After a few minutes I felt a pair of familiar strong arms wrap around my body.

I giggled as Draco began to lay soft kisses up my neck until he layed a lingering kiss on my temple.

I turned around toward him and moved his hair away from his face. I analyzed him and almost sighed sadly. Draco looked exhausted and worn down; stressed out. He was forced to take Lucius's spot as a death eater since his father was thrown in Azkaban. That's alot of stress on a 16 year old. But he really stepped up and took control. He wears suits now...it's really strange to see him wearing suits and to see him with such a proper attitude.

When Draco was initiated into the death eaters, it was horrifying to watch. Becoming a death eater is supposed to be painful. My father points his wand at your left forearm and mutters the curse that imprints the mark on your arm. It's supposed to burn like crazy. Draco did good at hiding his feelings. He kept his face blank but I could see the pain dancing in his eyes. It killed me to watch him suffer.

" Hello beautiful." Draco said softly as he cupped my face and kissed me slowly and tenderly.

I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer to me. He picked me up and spun me in a circle before setting me down again.

" How've you been." I asked once I was back on my feet.

" Good." he said simply as he played with a strand of my hair.

" Seriously." I said as I lifted his chin to look me in the eyes.

Draco shrugged and said " I don't know. I'm not terrible, but i'm not entirely happy. Why." Draco stated.

" I heard about the mission you were given." I said quietly, almost like if I said it louder it would make it happen...like Dumbledore would poof here out of nowhere and Draco would be forced to kill him. I shuddered thinking about it. I still couldn't believe that Dumbledore is going to die. That's terrible...he's a wonderful man, not only that but he is the leader of the Order. If he goes... who will go out and do what Dumbledore did? Who will persuade people to see the Order's perspective to fight...Who will watch over the school and it's students? Who will give the people hope? Who will keep my father at bay? I mean seriously Dumbledore is the only wizard that my father fears. If Dumbledore is gone...my father has practically free reins to control the wizarding world.

Draco stiffened and started " How did you..."

" Come on seriously...I'm the Dark Lord's daughter. I know everything that goes on around here." I said looking him in the eyes. " How do you really feel Draco." I asked again.

Draco looked down before looking back up at me " I have to try. Do you know how much honor this would bring my family and me?? If I did something this important than he might actually consider me to be with you." Draco said seriously.

Yeah, my father is in denial that I'm dating Draco. He doesn't awknowledge that we are together nor will he act oblivious to the fact. He seems to think that Draco and I will break it off at some point and I'll go out with someone more like Bellatrix.

Seriously, that's what my dad said. He wants me to meet a guy who will worship me as much as Bellatrix worships him. Which is practically a way of telling me to ditch Hogwarts boys and go to the local asylum and date a boy who will become overly obsessed with me and worship me. Sorry, dad. But crazies are so not my type...and I don't see myself leaving Draco anytime soon. I just feel right with him. Like two pieces of a puzzle.

" Draco... you don't have to do it. I can talk to him about it..." I started.

" No!!" Draco said loudly " No... I want to earn his respect...I want to show him that I'm worthy of you... that I can do something as important as this....as much as I don't want to do it."

I felt like crying. Draco was doing this so he could show my father that he was worthy of me. It was so sweet.

I leaned in and kissed him softly. " You have to be careful, ok...you have to be really careful." I said

" I will be, I always am." Draco smiled.

He held me in his arms and I layed my head on his chest as I watched the fountain bubble.

" What's your plan..." I asked.

" I thought you knew everything that goes on around here." Draco chuckled.

" Hey...I have reason to miss out on some stuff! I'm stuck at Severus's place when I'm not here!" I shot back laughing.

Draco laughed " True...how fun that must be."

" Oodles." I replied smiling.

Draco rolled his eyes and said warily " Well, we found a vanishing cabinet in Borgin and Burkes. I remembered finding one in the Room of requirement a few years back and it turns out that they're twins. So during this year I'm going to try to mend the broken cabinet in the Room of Requirement and when it's fixed, I'm going to lead some death eaters into the school to kill Dumbledore...but I'd be stupid if I didn't try to kill Dumbledore on my own first..."

" I can't believe it. It's so unbelievable. This is going to be one terrible year." I said unhappily.

" Tell me about it." Draco said just as unhappily. " Anyway. I'm going to Borgin and Burkes today with mum. We are going to be checking out the cabinet there, and I'm going to learn how to mend it...can you come?"

" Of course...but I'm meeting my friends first...so I'll catch up with you there." I said kissing his cheek.

Draco seemed to relax and hugged me closer and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

" Fine." he said seeming distracted.

" Ava! Aren't you going to Diagon Alley now? It's already 5 oclock." My father said coming outside.

" Yes. I'm just about to leave." I answered.

Feeling my father's eyes still trained on us, Draco became nervous and stood up straight.

" I'll see you there." Draco said quietly to me before pecking me on the lips and walking back inside.

I glared at my dad who seemed pleased that Draco left. My father just shrugged at me and walked back inside. I sighed and apparated to Diagon alley.

Diagon Alley had changed. The colorful, glittering window displays of spellbooks, potion ingrediants, and cauldrons were lost to view, hidden behind the large Ministry of Magic posters that had been pasted over them. Most of these posters carried blown-up versions of the security advice on the Ministry pamplets that had been sent out during the summer, but others bore moving black and white photographs of Death Eaters known to be on the loose. Bellatrix Lestrange was sneering from the front of the nearest apothecary, but A few windows were boarded up, including those of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor.

I walked deeper into the alley with my black and red tutu with my spiderweb tights underneath and my usual army boots. I had a tight fitting black shirt on with it.

People paid no attention to me as I walked by, they were in to much of a hurry to leave the place.

I walked to where I was meeting the Weasleys, in front of the Flourish and Blott's bookstore, and saw my friends there.

" Hey guys." I said as I walked up cooly.

" Hi." Ron said as he checked me out.

Ginny and Hermione elbowed him and then we all hugged each other tightly.

" Can you believe this is our sixth year?? I can hardly get my head wrapped around it!" Hermione exclaimed.

" I know...I feel old." I said sadly.

" Uh huh." Ron said as he stared at my legs.

I rolled my eyes and stood beside Harry to block Ron's view and stuck my tongue out at Ron. He blushed and looked away.

" So how were your holidays?" I asked cheerfully.

" They would have been better...if it weren't for the stories of the disappearances, odd accidents, even of deaths now appearing almost daily in the Prophet. " Harry said unhappily.

" Yeah, I know what you mean. The death eaters are really making up for lost time." I said grimmly

" Did you hear that there have been another couple of dementor attacks?" Hermione asked " Oh and they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it...well frankly I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death eaters. Sirius's brother, Regulus, only managed a few days from what I have heard." Hermione said.

" Yep, I was there when they caught up to him. The Carrows got him, under my fathers orders." I said.

Ginny made a disgusted face and shook her head. " You are one brave, beyatch...."

I merely rolled my eyes..

" Did you hear about Florean Fortescue?" asked Ron. " The man who ran..."

" the ice-cream place here?" Harry finished sounding upset " He used to give me free ice-creams...what happened to him??"

" Dragged off." I said unhappily " That's all Avery would say...but I'm pretty sure that he's gone...you know...for good."

Harry looked put out and unhappy. " Why would they do that to Florean?"

" Who knows? He must've upset the Death Eaters or my father somehow." I said shrugging.

" Olivander disappeared too..." Ron said grimmly.

" The wandmaker?" Ginny asked looking startled.

" Yes. Shop's empty. No sign of a struggle. No one knows whether he left voluntarily or was kidnapped." Ron said as everyone turned to look at me.

" I'm not allowed to relay that information, all I'm going to say is that he's alive, but not at home where he wants to be."

Everyone looked depressed at that.

" What will the first years do about wands?" Hermione said sadly.

" They'll make do with other makers, granted...Olivander was the best but there is still others around here"  Ginny said frowning.

" Come on guys, schools about to start. Let's talk about something happy." I said nudging Harry in the arm.

" Well...I was made Quidditch captain." Harry said smiling a little.

" That gives you equal status with prefects!" I cried happily " You can use our special bathroom and everything! Oh Harry I'm so happy for you!"

" Thanks Ava." Harry smiled and hugged me. " I've missed you, we all have. We still can't believe you live with Death Eaters."

" Yeah Yeah. It's not that bad. They are all gambling addicted morons. Not scary in the least when you get to know them." I shrugged.

They shook their heads and Ginny said " I'm going to find mum, I'll see you guys at Fred and George's shop."

" Ok, Later." We all said.

" Well, we ought to go get some new robes." Hermione said as she eyed the street to make sure no one suspicious was around.

" Just follow me, guys." I said rolling my eyes and walking into the street.

My friends stayed right behind me as I walked into Madam Malkin's.

" Watch where you stick that pin, will you!" A familiar voice said angrily.

My friends exchanged glances and I rolled my eyes.

" I'm sorry, Mr. Malfoy." Madam Malkins said hurriedly as she taylored the robes on him.

I stared at Draco's reflection in the mirror and saw him look toward us. His eyes lingered on mine for a moment before narrowing when they saw Harry and Ron.

"If you're wondering what that smell is, mother, a Weasley just walked in." Draco said.

" I don't think there's any need for an attitude like that!" said Madam Malkin, scurrying out from behind the clothes rack holding a tape measure and a wand. " And I don't want wands drawn in my shop either!" She added hastily, for a glance toward the door had shown her Harry and Ron both standing ther with their wands out and pointing at Draco.

Hermione, who was standing slightly behind them whispered " No, don't, honestly, it's not worth it."

" Like you'd dare to use magic out of school." Sneered Draco still glaring toward Harry and Ron.

" That's quite enough!" said Madam Malkin sharply, looking over her shoulder for support. " Madam...Please...."

Narcissa Malfoy strolled out from behind the clothes rack.

" Put those away," She said coldly to Harry and Ron. " If you attack my son, I'll shall ensure that it is the last thing you ever do."

" Really?" Harry said taking a step forward and gazing into the smooth face of Mrs. Malfoy " Going to get a few Death Eater pals to do us in, are you?"

I sighed. Here we go.

Madam Malkin squealed and clutched her heart.

" Really, you shouldn't accuse....dangerous thing to say...wands away please!!" She squealed.

But Harry did not lower his wand. Narcissa smiled unpleasantly.

" I see that being Dumbledore's favorite has given you a false sense of security, Harry Potter. But Dumbledore won't always be there to protect you." Narcissa said.

Harry looked mockingly around the shop and said " Wow...look at that...he's not here now! So why not have a go? They might be able to find you a double cell in Azkaban with your loser of a husband!!"

" Harry..." I said warningly.

Draco stumbled toward Harry angrily, still wearing his robes.

" Don't you dare talk to my mother like that, Potter!" Draco snarled.

" It's alright Draco," Said Narcissa restraining him with her thin white fingers upon his shoulder. " I expect Potter will be reunited with dear Sirius before I am reunited with Lucius."

I grinded my teeth feeling annoyed. Both the Malfoys and Harry could be so cruel to each other. They were both in the wrong right now.

Harry raised his wand higher.

" Harry, no!" Moaned Hermione, grabbing his arm and attempting to push it down by his side. " Think... You mustn't... you'll be in such trouble!"

Madam Malkin stood awkwardly and decided to go back to tending to Draco's robes. Probably in the hopes that if she ignored what was happening...it wouldn't happen.

" I think this left sleeve could come up a little bit more, dear, let me just..." Madam Malkin started.

" OUCH!" Bellowed Draco, slapping her hand away. " Watch where you're putting your pins, woman! Mother... I don't think I want these anymore..."

He pulled the robes over his head and threw them onto the floor at Madam Malkins feet.

Draco wouldn't normally act like that. He's normally proper, he is just so stressed now'a'days that he gets angry easily. I really wish I could help him somehow.

" Your right Draco. We'll do much better at  Twilfitt and Tatting's" Naricissa said with a glare toward Harry and Ron.

With that, the pair of them strode out of the shop, Draco taking care to bang as hard as he could into Ron on the way out.

" Well REALLY!" said Madam Malkin, snatching up the fallen robes and mobing the tip of her wand over them like a vacuum cleaner, so that it removed all the dust.

She was distracted all through the fitting of our new Robes, tried to sell Hermione wizard's dress robes instead of witch's, and when she finally bowed us out of the shop it was with an air of being glad to see the back of us. I really can't blame her.

We went around and bought our books and our potion ingredients... besides from Harry and Ron, seeing that they were no longer studying Potions. They failed their owls...not really a surprise there.

 We bought owl nuts for our owls and then set off deeper down the street in search of Weasley's Wizard Weezes, the joke shop run by Fred and George.

We soon met Mrs. Weasley and Ginny standing outside of a cart selling pretty charm braclets and waved them over.

Mrs. Weasley gave me a warm hug and quickly said to us " I really don't think we should be here long....so we will just have a quick look around and then go back to the car. We must be close, that's number ninety-two....ninety-four...."

" Whoa..." said Ron stopping in his tracks.

I burst out laughing. Man, the nerve of the twins astound me. They really are either amazingly brave or amazingly stupid.

Set against the dull, poster muffled shop fronts around us, Fred and George's window's hit the eye like a firework display. Casual passersby were looking back over their shoulders at the windows and a few rather stunned-looking people had actually come to a halt, transfixed. The left-hand window was dazzlingly full of an assortment of goods that revolved, popped, flashed, bounced, and shrieked; My eyes began to water just looking at it. The right-hand poster was what caught our attention. It was covered with a gigantic poster, purple like those of the ministry, but emblazoned with flashing yellow letters:

                                               WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT
                                                             YOU-KNOW-WHO?
                                            YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT

 U-NO-POO!
                                               THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION
                                                THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

We all started to laugh. I heard a weak sort of moan beside me and looked around to see Mrs. Weasley gazing dumbfounded and horrified at the poster.

Her lips moved silently mouthing the name " U-No-Poo"

" They'll be murdered in their beds." She whispered

"No they won't!" said Ron, who, like Harry was laughing hysterically " This is brilliant!"

" They really should be more careful, seriously if my father saw this...." I shook my head not wanting to finish the sentence.

 Mrs. Weasley just shook her head with her eyes closed.

Ron and Harry led the way into the shop. It was packed with customers; I could not even get near the shelves. I stared around looking up at the boxes piled to the ceiling: here were the Skiving Snackboxes that the twins had perfected during their last unfinished year at Hogwarts. I noticed that the Nosebleed Nougat was the most popular, with only one battered box left on the shelf. There were bins full of trick wands, the cheapest merely turning into rubber chickens or pairs of briefs when waved, the most expensive beating the unwary user around the head and neck, and boxes of quills, which came in Self-Inking, Spell Checking, and Smart-Answer varieties.

A space cleared int he crowd, and I watched Harry push his way  toward the counter, where a gaggle of delighted ten-year-olds was watching a tiny little wooden man slowly ascending the steps to a real set of gallows, both perched on a box that read: Reusable Hangman--- Spell it or he'll swing!

I noticed that a large display near the counter had a space to get through, and I made my way through and stared at the treats.

" Patented Daydream Charms..." I whispered feeling intrigued.

I was reading the information on the back of a box bearing a highly colored picture of a handsome youth and a swooning girl who were standing on the deck of a pirate ship.

" One simple incantation and you will enter a top-quality, highly realistic, thirty-minute daydream, easy to fit into the average school lesson and virtually undetectable ( side effects include vacant expression and minor drooling. Not for sale to under-sixteens." I gaped. I'm definitely buying some of these. They would be amazing to drown out Bellatrix with... she really is an annoying prat.

I looked up at Hermione who was beside me gaping down at the treats.

" Wow! This really is extrordinary magic!" I said excitedly.

" For that, Ava." said a voice behind us, " You can have one for free."

A beaming Fred stood before us, wearing a set of magenta robes that clashed magnificently with his flaming hair.

" Thanks Fred!" I said happily.

" No problem!" He winked at me. " Would you lovely ladies like a tour?"

Hermione and I exchanged smiles and nodded eagerly.

We followed Fred to the back of the shop, where I saw a stand of card and rope tricks.

" Muggle magic tricks!" Fred said happily, pointing them out. " For freaks like Dad, you know, who love Muggle stuff. It's not a big earner, but we do fairly steady business, They're great novelties...Oh here's George..."

George shook our hands energetically.

" Giving them a tour? Come through the back, guys, that's where we're making the real money...pocket anything, you, and you'll pay in more than Galleons!" he added warningly to a small boy who hastily whipped his out out of the tub labeled: EDIBLE DARK MARKS--- THEY'LL MAKE ANYONE SICK!

George pushed back a curtain beside the Muggle tricks and I saw a darker, less crowded room. The packaging on the products lining these shelves was more subdued.

" We've just developed this more serious line," said Fred " Funny how it happened..."

" You wouldn't believe how many people, even people who work at the ministry, can't do a decent Shield Charm," said George " Course they didn't have Harry or you teaching them, Ava."

" That's right... Well, we though Shield hats were a bit of a laugh, you know, challenge your mate to jinx you while wearing it and watch his face when the jinx just bounces off. But the Ministry bought five hundred for all it's support staff! And we're still getting massive orders!"

" So we've expanded into a range of Shield Cloaks, Shield gloves..."

" And then we though we'd get into the whole area of Defense Against the Dark Arts, because it's such a money spinner," continued George enthusiastically. " This is coll. Look, Instant Darkness Powder, we're importing it from Peru. Handy if you want to make a quick escape."

" And our Decoy Detonators are just walking off the sheves, look." said Fred pointing to a shelf that held a number of weird-looking black horn-type objects that were indeed attempting to scurry out of sight. " You just drop one surreptitiously and it'll run off and make a nice loud noise out of sight, giving you a diversion if you need one."

" Handy." said Hermione looking impressed.

" Here." said George, catching a couple and throwing them to Hermione and I.

" Thanks." we said happily.

A young witch with short blonde hair poked her head around the curtain; I saw that she too was wearing magenta staff robes. " There's a customer out here looking for a joke cauldron, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley" she said.

It was weird hearing them being called Mr. Weasley...but they seemed to like it.

" Right you are, Verity, I'm coming." George said happily.

I decided to take my leave and go back to the main room. Maybe there are less people...oh...nope still busy.

I walked toward Ginny with Hermione on my tail to look at a tub full of fancy looking perfume bottles filled with violently pink liquid.

" It's supposed to be a very powerful love potion." Ginny said in awe as she picked one up.

" As I recall Ginny, you are doing well in the love department...you and Deaaaaan." I cooed at her.

She rolled her eyes and leaned toward me and said " How about you and Draco...about to celebrate your 2 year anniversary??"

" Shut it little red." I smirked as I looked around the shop for more decorations and goodies that are open to look at.

I saw a guy standing near us who was staring at me like I was a freaking goddess. It was kind of creepy seeing as I haven't seen him before. He had long black hair and olive skin. He wore all black like me and he seemed to be buddy buddy with Cormac Mclaggen who stood beside him and was drooling while looking at Hermione. Wow. Looks like they got some crushes.

" Hey Hermione." I whispered as I leaned toward her " McLaggen seems to be interested in you."

Hermione's eyes widened and she looked over toward the guys and she looked back at me quickly.

" Oh my God. But he's so arrogant." Hermione whined.

" HAHAHA!" I laughed in her face.

" Well..." Hermione said sounding taken aback. " You seemed to have gained the attention from Will Peace."

" Will Peace? Who the crap is that?" I asked.

" He's in Ravenclaw...our year...you really don't remember seeing him?" Hermione asked.

" Hmm no. I don't." I said lazily as I walked away toward a cage of rolling purple things. They were cute.

I heard Hermione and Ginny laugh at me and follow.

When I walked toward the rolling purple things I was overwhelmed by their cuteness. They emited cute little squeaks and were so fuzzy.

" What are those." Ginny asked as she stuck her finger into the cage to pet one. They all started to crowd around toward her finger in excitement.

" Pygmy Puffs," Said George.

Hermione and I jumped in surprise. When did he get here?

"Miniature puffskeins, we can't breed them fast enough though....they won't have s.... I mean you know...anyway...they are very funny to watch, and they are very cuddly." said Fred.

" They are really cute!!" I squealed.

" I know! Mom can I get one Please!!"

I kept my eyes on one of them who seemed to be following my finger in the cage happily. I would love to get one! I mean Streak is way to large to bring to Hogwarts anymore unfortunately so I have to leave him home, and Hamilton is always in the owlery...I need a friend to cuddle with at night!! I mean it's no Streak replacement...but it's still freakishly adorable.

" How much are they?" I asked Fred without looking away from the lavender puff.

" 6 galleons." George replied apologetically. " I know it's a bit much, but they aren't fast reproducers."

" I'll take one and a few daydream patent charms!" I said happily as I handed him the money.

Fred and George beamed and said " Ok then here you go...just pick the puff you want."

I immediately went and picked up the lavender one who was wiggling it's whole body in excitement when it saw me coming toward it. I chuckled and picked it up and was immediately surprised by how soft it was. I mean a down pillow had nothing on a pygmy puff. That's how soft they were.

The pygmy puff started to lick my fingers with it's abnormally long tongue. It tickled.

" That's a little girl." George said "What are you going to name her?"

" Hmm....Jenna." I said matter of factly as I held the pygmy puff.

" Just to let you know pygmy puffs have a tendency to stick their long pink tongues into sleeping wizards noses to eat their bogies... but they can eat anything from spiders to lettuce...they aren't picky!" Fred said happily.

I stared down at the cute creature and it surprisingly didn't surprise me that it would eat boogers. It seemed like a silly creature. I still loved it though.

" Mom please!" Ginny plead.

" I'll pay for it, if you want." I grinned at them, when I saw Mrs. Weasleys sad face. They were poor; they could hardly afford anything.

" Of course not dear." Mrs. Weasley said. " We could never take your money."

" Please...at least let me pay half." I plead.

Mrs. Weasley bit her lip but caved " Are you sure? Are you positive...I don't want you to pay."

" I'm positive take it!" I said throwing 3 galleons into her hand.

Mrs. Weasley smiled in relief at me and payed the rest. " Go on Ginny, pick your pet."

Ginny took great care in picking her puff but she finally settled on a dark purple puff that kept sticking it's tiny nose out of the cage toward her. It was a boy.

" What will you name it?" I asked her.

" Arnold." Ginny said happily. " Thank you for helping pay for it! I really wanted one, I'll pay you back!"

" Nah, no need to pay me back, and your welcome!" I said happily as we pet each others pygmy puffs.

" If your puffs end up getting together..." Fred trailed off.

" We'll send you the baby." I finished for him while rolling my eyes.

I turned around to find my friends to show them my pygmy puff but they were nowhere in sight.

" Hey...Ava...here's your Dream Patent charms and Decoy Detonators." George said holding up my bag when he saw me moving.

" Oh, thank you!" I said taking the bag before running around the store to find my friends. I couldn't find them anywhere.

" Hey." A deep voice said.

I turned around slowly to see that Will Peace guy. He was actually pretty cute with his shaggy black hair and his gray eyes.

" Hey..." I trailed off, feeling somewhat awkward knowing he was staring at me earlier.

" You look lost...and nice pygmy puff. What's it's name?" He said socially.

" Yeah, I'm trying to find my friends...and her names Jenna. She's a cutie." Right when I said that my pygmy puff started to blow mouth bubbles and one of them got so large that it started to float toward the ceiling...but I caught it.

The guy raised his eyebrows at the little creature and then at me and I gave him the same look " How many creatures do you know that can do that?? Hmm? I reckon not very many!"

Will smiled and nodded his head " I suppose you have a point, anyway, I'm Will Peace by the way."

" I know. " I said " I'm..."

" Ava Wilson. I know." Will finished for me.

We stood there awkwardly for a few moments before I had to break the silence. " Well, anyway...I should be finding my friends..." I trailed off not knowing what to say, because I really didn't know where they were.

" Your friends are Harry, Ron, and Hermione...right?" Will questioned.

" Yeah."

" I saw them leave the story just a few minutes ago...I don't know if I was imagining things or not but they looked to be heading toward Knockturn Alley." Will said helpfully.

" Oh well, thank you...I'll go check it out... I'll see you at Hogwarts." I said waving at him and walking hurriedly out of the store.

The guy was nice, but I felt totally awkward back there.

I bet you a hundred galleons that my friends went into Knockturn Alley because they saw Draco go down there. Ugh. Sometimes my friends can be such pains. Don't they realize that it's not their business what everyone does... besides I'm around Draco all the time... have they considered that I know what he's up to?

I put my pygmy puff on my shoulder and it started to climb my long hair until it was on the top of my head. She seemed more comfortable up there...

I heard a deep humming sound coming from my head and smiled...she was purring...yep she is definitely comfortable.

I walked briskly down the stairs to Knockturn Alley and saw my friends on a roof trying to spy on Draco. I quickly flew up to them and said... " ARE YOU CRAZY!! What are you doing here!!"

" Shhh!" Harry said " We saw Draco come down here so we decided to follow."

I rolled my eyes and said patiently " Harry, it's not your business what Draco does...and besides it's my job to keep a look after him and his family...it's in the spy description!"

" Just so you know Ava...they forced me to come!" Hermione said sounding stressed out.  " Oh, and by the way, cute pygmy puff!"

" Oh thanks...her name is Jenna...she's a real cutie." I said going all girly girl for a moment. I shook myself out of it and turned back to Harry.

" Harry why do you care that Draco is here....surely with his family's reputation you would've known that he shopped here too." I said trying to figure him out.

" He looked like he didn't want to be followed...so we followed." Harry said squinting toward the window you could clearly see Draco.

" Harry...please leave him alone...I got him, ok?" I asked.

Harry said nothing, and when I realized that he wasn't going to leave him alone, I groaned and got off the roof.

" Hey! Where are you going!" Ron yell whispered.

" None of your business...but if you feel like you need to stick your nose into that too....FEEL FREE!!" I sneered angrily.

It was a trait I hated about Harry...he was always sticking his nose into things that he didn't need to stick his nose into. And once he did it...he couldn't get enough.

I walked briskly into Borgin and Burkes haughtily, still looking intimidating regardless of the adorable pygmy puff on my head.

I saw Bellatrix, Greyback, Narcissa, and Draco. They all stared at the puff on my head and they decided not to ask me about it.

Draco smiled tightly at me before walking up the the counter " Do you know how to fix it?"

" Possibly... I'll ned to see it, though. Why don't you bring it into the shop?" Borgin said.

" I can't" said Draco " It's got to stay put. I just need you to tell me how to do it."

" Well...without seeing it, I must say it will be a very difficult job, perhaps impossible. I couldn't guarantee anything."

" No?" I questioned " Do you know why we need this fixed?" I was refering to the cabinet in Hogwarts. " It's important...and if you feel like you should be standing in the way of helping I won't stop my father from paying you a visit."

The man's eyes went wide before he scampered farther into the shop looking noisily for something.

Draco nodded a thanks to me before walking over to the cabinet and touching it to see where it differed from the one at Hogwarts.

" I'm proud of you Draco.." Bellatrix cooed in his ear as his mother rested her hand on her son's shoulder.

I looked outside the window to see my friends peering eagerly into the shop. I growled internally and made sure they saw me glaring at them.

" Greyback...would you mind closing those curtains? Better safe than sorry..." I said lightly.

" Of course, Princess." He said before looking around outside and closing the curtains hardly.

" Here...Here..." Borgin stuttered as he gave me a few sheets of parchment.

" Harmonia Nectere Passus ....  the spell itself makes whatever goes in the cabinet pass through safely to the other cabinet." I stated reading from the sheet.

Draco walked briskly to me and smiled to himself.

" Thank you for your help Borgin. I suppose you did good...but next time. I'd prefer you to just help us instead of imply for us to give you money. You're a pathetic excuse for a man. We'll be going now." I said walking toward the door.

" Um..Princess." Narcissa said.

" Yes." I said turning toward her.

" What is that thing on your head?" She asked smiling slightly.

I tried to refrain a smile but it came out more of a wierd looking smirk/ smile hybrid. A smilirk? A Smirle?

" A pygmy puff...I just bought her..." I laughed.

" A pygmy puff?" Bellatrix said in disgust.

" Watch your tone, Bellatrix. And yes...a PYGMY PUFF! She's my new pet. I'll be seeing you!" I said feeling ready to laugh out loud.

I winked at Draco, making him chuckle before I walked out of the store. I ran quickly back to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

" Where have you been! I've been worried sick!!" I saw Mrs. Weasley yelling at Harry, Ron and Hermione.

I chuckled to myself as I made my way toward Ginny who was playing with Arnold.

" Your lucky mom didn't look for you...she thought you were wandering around in here." Ginny said laughing.

" I know." I chuckled as I sat beside her and started playing with Jenna.

I started to flick my fingers gently under her chin and every time my fingers left her chin, she would try to poke them with her long tongue. It was cute.

" Looking forward to this year?" Ginny asked me randomly.

" Not at all." I replied " You?"

" Oh yeah...hopefully I'll finally get Harry's attention." Ginny said guilty knowing she had Dean.

" You'll always love Harry." I said chuckling.

" I know! It's not fair! He doesn't even know I exist!" She whined.

" That will change. I just know it. You two would make a freaking adorable couple." I said truthfully.

" Thanks Ava." Ginny smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
145K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
558K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...