Arrange Marriage To My Ex-Bes...

Od MasMicBibbles

Nathan and Lilian have been best friends ever since they started to walk, the pressure of high school has tor... Více

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Eleven

1.4K 22 3
Od MasMicBibbles

 Chapter 11

"Lilian?"

"Huh?"

"Lilian!"

"What?" I snapped, accidentally slamming my head onto my locker.

"Ow!" I yelled rubbing my forehead.

Nikki chuckled in front of me, "Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, I think so. What happened?" I asked. I looked around, I wasn't in the cafeteria anymore...

"You zoned out while me and Kyle were talking to you." she said, that's when I noticed Kyle standing behind her and looking at me worriedly.

"Yeah dude you scared the hell out of us, you stood there for a good 5 minutes just staring into space." he added.

Wait so... The lunch bell didn't ring yet?

"So it's not lunch yet?" I asked.

As soon as I said it the lunch bell rang, Kyle noticed Nathan across the hall and he waved.

So if lunch just started.. that means me and Nathan never kissed, we never made up. Nothing happened, it was all a day dream.

"Are you feeling alright Lilly?" asked Nikki.

Kyle smiled, "Maybe you're just hungry." he said leading us to the cafeteria.

I didn't respond, I was really out of it. Everything seemed so real.

"Lilly? Are you OK?" I heard Nikki ask, this time her voice had a lot of concern.

"Hey guys." I heard someone familiar say, Nathan? Was that Nathan?

I felt as if I couldn't see anyone, I was still stuck on the fact that it was all a day dream.

"Dude, she's turning blue." I heard Kyle say.

"What's wrong with her?"

"Lilly!" Nikki yelled before everything went black and then I couldn't hear anything anymore.

*

"She'll be fine, I assure you.""Then why isn't she waking up?! It's been hours!"

"Miss please, give her time. She'll be awake soon just give her time."

"Nikki stop, just calm down."

I heard a sharp sigh a chair scratching on the floor, then I heard more voices, but I could hardly tell who it belonged to.

"What did the doctor say? Does he know why she fainted?"

"Yeah he said stress, apparently the body tends to shut down if it's in too much stress."

"Was she stressed out?"

"I don't know."

I sensed three people in the room, and two of them we're talking.

"Did you call her parents?" a voice asked, I could tell it was a guys voice.

"Yeah, their on the way."

I groaned, I felt a sudden throbbing pain at the back of my head.

"Lilly?" I felt someone grasp onto my hand. I don't know who it is but this person had really soft hands.

I tried to open my eyes but the pain came back, making me groan.

"Call the nurse Nikki, Lilly dude, everything's gonna be okay.".

Now I can tell who is who, I heard Nikki's footsteps and a door closing just a few seconds later. I could feel Kyle's body heat to my right, but who was holding my hand? Could it be Nathan?

I heard more footsteps and Nikki frantically explaining to the nurse what happened.

Heavy footsteps came from beside me, and I felt fingers on my temples. "Don't worry, she's just experiencing the pain from when she banged her head, I'll get her some pain killers."

I heard more footsteps and suddenly a cup was being pressed between my lips.

"Okay Lilly, I'm Daniel, I'm your nurse and I need you drink this water so you're mouth isn't dry when you take some pain killers okay?"

I felt myself shake my head.

Daniel laughed, "Would you like a straw instead?"

I felt a small smile on my face and nodded slowly so I don't get hurt.

The next thing I know there was a straw being place between my mouth.

"Okay go ahead." I think I heard Daniel say.

I took a sip of what seemed like water and my throat was refreshed. I felt refreshed.

"I'm gonna take the straw away now okay? And put some pills into your mouth so you can swallow it okay? Excuse me sir, how 'bout you help me sit her up."

The person who had been hold my hand, moved to place his hands on my back and my head for support. After a few second I felt the bed move slowly up into the position I was held in.

"Okay, now it'll be easier for you swallow these pills." he said.

"Open you're mouth." he instructed.

But instead of doing that I stuck my tongue out, so he could put the pills on it.

I heard a chorus of chuckles and giggles but I felt him place 2 medium sized pills on the tip of my tongue. Once they were both in my mouth I felt water wash them down and I swallowed.

"Good girl. Okay so just give her a few minutes and she' be able to open her eyes and talk. If anything happens just call me over." I heard the nurse say and a door closing just a few minutes after.

"Wait." I heard Nikki's voice from across the room. "So she was listening all this time?"

"I guess so." Kyle replied.

"Do you think she heard then?" she asked.

I felt the person to my left move, "I doubt it she must have still been out. She hit her head hard on the dully."

Dully? Oh..I guess i must have hit something whenI passed out, but what where they keeping from me? What was I not supposed to hear?

I wanted to wake up, to confront them all on what they have been talking about. I had no energy, at least |I don't feel numb anymore so i guess the pills are working.

"If she did i would die! She'd be so madthatIdidn't tell her right away." Nikki cried.

"It's okay babe, she'll understand." Kyle said in reassurance.

"Do you really think so?"

I heard him sigh, "Well I'm pretty sure she'll be too tired to care. After all she is stressed out."

Beside me someone cleared their throat, i think it was Nathan, "Besides, even if she didn't hear I don't think we should tell her right away."

"Why not?" Kyle and Nikki asked in unison.

"She's in the hospital because she fainted from all the stress she's been having. Don't you think if we tell her she's gonna be in a lot more stress and she just might whine up in the hospital again?" he said knowingly.

There was a small pause, "She'll get mad though." Nikki whined.

Nathan sighed, "I know, but we can't do anything."

"Well.." Kyle said with a sigh, "It's better than not telling her at all."

I'm struck in awe and wonder right now. I'm in awe because of how sweet Nathan is being, but I'm still trying to figure out what their keeping from me.

My throat felt dry again, I coughed, since i didn't have enough energy it sounded like a whisper.

Nikki was the first to react, "Lilly?"

I tried to cough again but it came out the same.

"Lilly?" This time it was Nathan.

I tried coughing for the third time.

"What is she trying to say?"

I heard footsteps going far to the other end of the room and then back towards me.

"Kyle! what are you doing? Lilly is trying to say something, she doesn't want to drink water." Nikki cried out, i could hear her footsteps coming closer.

Suddenly I felt the same plastic cup being pressed against my lips. I gladly but slowly bowed my head towards it for a drink.

"Thank you." I whispered when i was done.

"No problem dude."

I smiled a little, wellthey know im awake now. I guess i should act like i just wwoke up since they aren't planning to tell me whatever it is their keeping from me.

I opened my eyes slowly, i was right about where each of them where. Nathan's on my left, still holding on to my hand. Nikki was at the foot of my bed looking at me and Kyle was standing on the other side of my bed holding a cup of water that he had just given to me.

I groaned, "What happened?" I asked, pretending I don't already know.

Nikki looked at me sadly, "You fainted during school, and you hit your head on one of the dully the drama class was moving."

"Yeah then Nathan carried you to the nurse and told her to call the hospital." Kyle added.

"It would have been a waste of time but it's a good thing the principal let us come with." Nikki said, walking closer to stand next to Kyle.

"Where's my parents?" I asked knowing that they where already on their way

It was kyle who answered this time, "Nikki already called them, their coming soon."

"How long havei been here?"

"Hours!" Nikki yelled.

"She's exaggerating we've only been here for 45 minutes." Nathanfinally answered.

"Well it was a very long 45 minutes." i heard Nikki murmur.

I looked towards Nathan. "What are you doing here?"

He looked at me in shock but before he can answer Kyle spoke.

"Nikki andI are gonna go to the cafeteria." He said, tugging her towards the door but she pulled her arm away from him.

"What are you talking about? I'm staying right here." She said, sitting on the couch that was pushed up agaisnt the wall.

Kyle looked at her in fruastration, "Earlier, you said you were hungry."

"I'm not anymore." she shrugged, crossing her arms.

"Nikki!"

Nathan ignored both of them and looked at me.

"Lilly I know-."

The door swinging open cut him off.

"Oh my baby!" my mom rushed towards me and gave me a hug making me groan.

"Oh uh... sorry honey. How are you?" she asked, pulling away from me gently.

"I'm fine, I just woke up. Where's dad?" I asked, looking at the door thinking he'dwould have been right behind her.

"He's on his way, you know he works far dear it's not easy for him to get here quick even if he wanted too."

Suddenly my breathless father came sprintinbg in the room, he looked pale and tired.

"Dad?! What happened to you?" I asked while he tried to catch hie breath.

Nikki got up and grabbed my Dad's arm, making him sit on the couch she was just sitting on.

"I...tried... to get...here...as...fast as....I...could." he said in between pants.

Kyle gave him a glass of water which he chugged right away.

"Thank you son." He said, getting up to walk over to me.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" he asked.

"I'm okay." I smiled.

"Honey.. what's that in your hand?" Mom asked.

Dad handed it to her, "It's a ticket, for speeding." he explained.

She shook her head at the paper, "It's alright i guess."

I looked at Nathan who was still holding my hand, he seemed distant he looked like he was really thinking about something.

*

I had been in the hospital for a few hours now, Mom and Dad went home to go grab some clothes for me since i would be leavingt tomorrow. Nikki and Kyle had to go home. Nathan stayed because Kyle took his car to drop of Nikki and because he said he wanted to.

"You never told me why you where here." I said.

I was sitting up on the bed, Nathan was on the couch where my dad and Nikki had been sitting on earlier. We were watching T.V which was propped up against the wall across from me.

He sighed but didn't look at me.

"Well?" I asked.

He sighed again and looked at me, "Does it matter Lilly?"

"Yes."

He rolled his eyes and turned back to the T.V.

"Nathan!" I yelled.

He looked at me, "Why? Are you not happy with me being here? Would you rather have another guy carry you to the nurse and take you to the hospital?" he asked loudly.

The tone in his voice was fruastration. He sighed and turned to the T.V., a couple of second later he got up to put on his sweater and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Leaving." He said before shutting the door behind him.

Ouch. That hurt worse thanI thought.There was an aching feeling inside of me, why was Iso rude to him when all he did was help me?

I asked myself that question over and over but i couldn't fine and answer.

After a while my phone wrang beside me, thinking it was my mom i looked at the text.

It wasn't my mom, It was Nathan.

TEXT: sorry for trying to help, sorry for getting involved.

Okay now i really feel guilty.

****

Wassup guys! It's been 11 months... i think since i uploaded a chapter but here it is :) i hope you enjoyed it and keep voting because it really means a lot!

Pokračovat ve čtení