Human? *RE-WRITING//ON HOLD*

By _strawberrytae

Scientists have discovered a way to turn your average human being into any supernatural creature of their cho... More

Prologue (NEW!!)
Chapter 1 *edited!*
Chapter 2 *edited!*
Chapter 3 *edited*
Chapter 4 *edited!*
Chapter 5 *edited!*
Chapter 6 *edited!*
Chapter 7 *edited!*
Chapter 8 * edited!*
Chapter 9 *edited!*
Chapter 10 *edited!"
Chapter 11 *under editing*
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
IMPORTANT
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Author's Note

Chapter 17

80 6 8
By _strawberrytae

A.n. okay!  Here's the next chapter!  P.s., read the a/n at the end, 'cause it's kind of important!:)

BUT FIRST....  CHARACTER INTERVIEWS!!!!

@Soccerluv08's question was for Dylan.

Why didn't you tell them earlier about being a demon-hybrid thingy?

Dylan: "It's harder than it looks to spill a secret that big to your best friends, especially a couple of nïeve girls.  I wanted to keep them as nïeve as possible, not knowing that Zoe had been to the lab and that me and Alice were going to get attacked in her room, of course.  I was scared what their reactions would be, and didn't want them to treat me differently out of fear or anger.  And that was one of the biggest reasons: I didn't want my two best friends to be afraid of me.  Because I have no intentions to hurt them whatsoever."

Me: "Good answer, Dylan.  And good question, Hailey.  Now that we're here...  THE FANS SURELY WNAT TO KNOW HOW YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ALICE IS, PUTTING THE BOOK ASIDE?????"

Dylan: "Mind your own business,

Me: "Don't sass me, mister!  And as a matter of fact, that is my business because I'm using you in moi's story!!!"

Dylan: "Whatever you say, Your Majesty."

A.N. WOOO WHOOO LET'S GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO MY BFF FOR HER QUESTION!!!

Zoe's P.O.V.

My heart pounded faster, and what sucked is that I knew he could here it.  He spun me around so I was facing him, and he gripped my waist tightly.

"What do you mean, "'There's a tracker in my neck???!'"

I looked away, feeling my cheeks get hot as usual.  I had no idea why I blurted that out, I really didn't have a lot of proof if it was true.

"Uh...  Jk??"  I tried, smiling weakly.  He only glared at me, and gripped my waist tighter.  It was actually starting to hurt.

"Brady stop."

"Answer my question first!"

Right because he was so worthy of my answer.  "I-I...  Uh...."  Oh please just tell him already!  My conscience scolded me.  I sighed.

"Okay....  I really don't have a lot if proof...  But here goes."  I took a deep breath.

"When those creep scientists first brought me to the ADSS lab, they had kidnapped me from the forest.  Skipping the whole part about tantrums and seeing dead people-" Brady raised his eyebrows and looked like he was having an internal battle on whether he should say something or not- "I was found by the scientists who had a tracking device in their hands.  I didn't know what the device was, but I most certainly do now.  Anyways....  I kept feeling a burning, tingling sensation in my neck, almost like someone was pricking it with a needle, but kind of worse.  (A.n. Whoa she is strong!  If I felt that feeling...  The needle one....  OMG I WOULD DIE I'M TERRIFIED OF NEEDLES!  DO I HAVE ANY FELLOW TRYPANOPHOBICS OR AICHMOPHOBICS???  COMMENT IF I DO!)  As the goons-" Brady snickered at my nickname for the scientists "-got closer, and messed with the device, the pain got worse.  That eventually lead to a teeny fight, which resulted in me losing consciousness, which allowed them to take me to their 'lair.'"  I explained this all to him, and all the while he was listening intently. 

"So because you physically saw the device, and felt the feeling....  You are assuming there's a tracker in your neck?"  Brady asks finally after some time.  I nodded.

"Okay...  Well you obviously didn't imagine that, because you had to get to the lab somehow...  I just don't know...."  He sighed.  "Maybe you're right.  I think there's a possibility that there is a tracker in your neck." 

He was so calm!

I glared at him.  "THEN WHY ARE YOU SO CALM!!!???"  He looked surprised at my sudden outburst.  "How did you want me to respond?"

It was my turn to sigh.  "I don't know....  I guess I was expecting you to be angry....  At me."  I muttered sheepishly. 

Brady sighed and tipped my chin up so I was looking at him.  "It's most definitely not your fault, so why would I be mad at you??  Besides, we would probably need to see an x-ray to find out for sure.  For now, we have to stay calm.  Worrying never helped anyone anyways."  He explained in that calm, soothing voice of his.

I took a deep breath ane nodded my head.  "I guess you're right....  It won't help at all to worry.  It's just...."  Brady looked at me wth concern and....

LOVE??? 

NO WAY I WAS IMAGINING THINGS!! 

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED SO SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HECK IS UP???  I thought, annoyed. 

It had to be my imagination.  Nothing else made sense.  Like I've already said, just because we kissed once it doesn't mean we have to love each other and get all serious.  I kind of like the way things are...

I guess.

"It's just....?"  Brady imitated me, wanting me to finish.  I shook my head.

"Nothing.  It's not important anyways."

~*~

"Okay so what are we going to do about this whole tracker problem, anyways?"  Dylan said, breaking the awkward silence that I wished would swallow me whole.

Brady sighes and lookes thoughtful.  "Well....  Since we don't know the exact location or the tracker-" I opened my mouth to object but he gave me a stern, knowing glance "- we'll just have to hope it's a false signal and continue on.  But we have to remember to never let our guards down and to be prepared at any moment for an attack.  Especially you, Zoe."  My lips formed into a scowl.  I hate how boys always underestimate us girls.  WHO'S WITH ME????  A.n. ME!!!!!!  Seriously.  Never underestimate the power of the ladies....  When our nail polish is dry.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways....

"Stop underestimating us girls!  We are just as capable as men."  I huffed in annoyance.  Brady gave me a look that could have killed.  "And...  I'm now being more cautious from now on!"  I laughed nervously.

Brady rolled his eyes in response.

A.n. So I have to mention this because it's important.  First of all, it randomly started thundering and pouring.  Second of all, I have a new phone keyboard that doesn't have the option of spell check or spelling suggestions, so that makes it hard to update from my phone because it is SUPER ANNOYING AND EVERYTIME I TYPE STUFF IT DELETES HALF OF IT RANDOMLY AND THE ONLY REASON I'M KEEPING IT IS FOR THE EMOGIS  WHICH DON'T EVEN SHOW UP SO URGHHH.  I will try to check on my computer before I publish but I will most likely do the whole thing from there so updates probably won't be as frequent.  I am so sorry I promise this will get good soon.  Sorry.  Continue reading.  ILYA.)

"Come on."  He re-positioned himself so he was holding me like before, my back to him and his arms around my waist.

"How much longer??"  I asked, already tired-out.

Brady groans.  "How can you already be tired??!"  Dylan rolls his eyes and speaks my mind, "Dude.  She's practically human.  They don't have the energy that we do."

Brady just glares at him.  "Thank you, Captain Obvious."

A.n. Ohhhh snap....  I probably should say this now...  Brady first figured out if Zoe had special abilities based on what happened at the lab.  If this isn't clear let me know and I will incorporate a flashback section for my confuzzled readersʕ•ᴥ•ʔ!

"Brady....". I groaned.  "I'm tired...". He grumbles something under his breath about 'lazy humans' and scooped me up bridal-style in his arms.

I squealed and flailed my arms.  "What are you doing??"  He smirked.  "Carrying you."  Then he leaned down and brushed his lips against my ear, whispering, "Why?  Does this make you...  Uncomfortable??"

I squirmed around and turned my face away from him.  "Just a little bit."  I whispered.

He grinned and pecked my cheek.

I blushed furiously (I swear he does it on purpose).

Dylan made a gagging noise and we both rolled are eyes.

"Come on, we're almost there!"  Brady says, picking up the pace.

Suddenly, a twig snaps from behind us.

Everyone freezes.

"W-what was t-that?"  I ask, clinging to his shirt.  He ignores me and stares straight ahead.

Nobody moves.

Another twig snaps, slightly louder than the first.

That's when everyone springs into action.

Brady clutches me tighter to his chest and says, "Hold on!"  Dylan and him make eye contact, and suddenly Brady starts running really fast.

I mean, really fast.

I screamed and clung onto him for dear life.

"BRADY!!  Slow the heck down!!"

My head was spinning and my stomach turning as I watched the world around me fly by at top-speed.  Finally I just grew too dizzy and closed my eyes, leaning my head against Brady's chest.

I took deep, slow breaths in n attempt to calm my breathing.

CURSED VAMPIRE SPEED!

"Brady...."  I mumbled.  "Please s-slow d-down....  I-I think I'm gonna b-be sick...."  I whispered into his shirt.  Wow.  That part sounded less weird in my head...  A.n. Mine too...

Finally, finally, he started to slow down.

"Thank you."  I murmured (A.n. Amazayn autocorrect tried to change that to murdered.  That would totally change the meaning!) softly.

Brady glanced once behind him before slowing to a full stop and gently setting me on my feet.

The world started spinning and I swayed on my feet.  "Whoa...  Everything's all spinny....."  I said and started to topple over.

Just before I hit the ground, a pair of strong arms caught me and I was pulled against Brady's chest.

"Careful there."  He whispered in my ear.  "Uh...."  I stuttered.

Dylan gagged.  "'Uh...'  Is right!  Blach.  Gross."  He muttered.

We rolled are eyes for the billionth time.

"I-is it gone?"  I whispered to Brady.  He glanced once behind him.

"Temporarily.  But we have to move."

~*~

Did I mention my new hate for dark scary woods?  (A.n. I PERSONALLY DON'T SEE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM.)

Brady suddenly stops and sighs.

"You know what, guys?  We should probably sleep here for the night.  There's no way we'll make it there by morning.  Plus, Zoe looks like she needs some rest."

I scoff.  "Yeah, in my nice cozy bed.  Not in freaking Dracula's forest!"

Brady stifles his laughter. 

"You're really scared??  Come on, Zoe.  You have two

people here to protect you."

I rolled my eyes and laughed.  "Oh, and that's supposed to make me feel better??"

I never told these freaks this...

But ever since the day that the creepo decided to disguise himself as Brady, I became mildly afraid of the dark.

I was able to control it when we were walking, but up until now...

HE WANTS ME TO SLEEP IN THE FREAKING WOODS!!!  LIKE, SERIOUSLY MAN!???

A.n. One important to thingMy sister just brought this to my attention today, unintentionallyRemember the part that Zoe was just talking aboutWhen she thought Brady was in her room comforting her that night, but it wasn't really himBrady and Zoe thought it was AustinJust wanted to clear that up.

Also, don't forget about the person who, at the lab, wanted to take Zoe to a party and show her offBecause he is going to become extremely important later on in the story

Thanks lovelies, and sorry for the super-duper long a.nThanks to those who actually read this, your reward is a virtual hug and cookiePlus, unlike those who skipped this, you will not be confused later on in the storyWell, at least not with this stuffI mean, come on guysIt's my job to confuse you. ;D

P.S. DID YOU GUYS SEE MY NEW COVER??  THIS ONE HAS MY NAME AND THE TITLE ON IT AND ACTUALLY MAKES SENSETELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!

BACK TO THE STORY IN ZOE'S P.O.V.

I gulped.

Dylan sighed.  "While you guys have a little heart-to-heart talk over there...  I'm gonna make myself comfortable in that nice looking tree."  He says not too cheerily and walks away.

"Later losers!"  He calls and swings himself onto a branch, slowly climbing up until he finds one out of sight.  Wow.  What a great friend.

A.n. Don't worry Zoe I'm not a fan eitherHmfp.ಠ_ಥ

Brady and I turn towards each other after a minute of watching Dylan in disbelief.

I feel panic rise inside me.

"Brady please please pleaseee don't make me sleep here!!!  Can't we just be like nocturnal or something and sleep when daylight comes???  It would be soooo much easier and I wouldn't give you a hard time!  Plus, you have to worry less about creepos watching us while we sleep!!"  I explained in a rush of words, hoping to God that he agreed.

But life's a (A.n. female dog cause I don't wanna be reported).

So of course, he said no.

He came over to stand in front of me, grasping my shoulders with his hands.

"Zoe, I don't know why your being so difficult, but sleeping here is fine.  Now let's find you a good spot and I'll wake up the doofus in the tree so we can have shifts to stand guard."

I shake my head frantically, tears stinging my eyes.  This fear has gotten pretty bad, as you can see.

I'm obviously over-reacting a ton, but let's talk about the circumstances.

1) It's dark and scary.

2) There's evil creeps on the loose.

3) I'll be completely defenseless while I'm sleeping!!  I know Brady said him and Dylan will stand guard, but still!  In the movies the psycho killer always creates a distraction then snags the girl!

4) I'm still not completely comfortable with Brady around.  Dylan has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, but I've only known Brady for a short time.  It especially scares me to know I shared my first kiss with a guy who tried to kidnapp me.  And technically could snap my neck and drink the blood (A.n. sorry for the image haha;D) in the blink of an eye.  After Austin....  I don't know who I can trust anymore...:'(

"Please Brady!  I-I can't s-sleep here!  You d-don't understand!!"  I sob, tears starting to trickle slowly down my flushed cheeks.

He stares sympathetically into my eyes and gently brushes his thumb over my cheek.

Awe he's sweet... 

SNAP OUT OF IT ZOE!!

Right.  I'm freaking out here.  $t***d vampires and their distracting good looks and acting!!

"Zoe we won't let anything happen to you...  I won't let anything happen to you.  I promise you're safe with us, okay?"

I whimper softly in fear.  Urgh I HATE being this helpless and weak!  But being in my shoes is extremely hard right now.:(

He stares sternly into my soul.

"What's the real reason that you don't want to sleep here tonight?"  He asks, his tone just as stern as his glare. 

I look down at my feet, embarrassed.  Normally I would put up a fight and make a heated argument about it, but for some reason today I just can't.

I'm so emotionally (and physically) tired.

I just need to let it out sometimes, yah know?  (A.n. She needs to LET IT GOO!  LET IT GO!!  SHE CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANY MORE!!  LET IT GO!!  LET IT GO!!  TURN HER BACK AND SLAM THE DOOOOOOOR!  SORRY I HAD TO.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE MAH WEIRDNESS THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE READING THIS.)  I guess telling him about my new fear is a start.

"Ummm....  W-well...  Yah see...  I may, or may not, (I add quickly) be afraid of the dark..."

I expect him to laugh at me or snicker and make a nasty remark, but his reaction shocks me.

He pulls me into one of the sweetest, most comforting hugs I've ever received.  As you already know, I don't get hugged too often by people because I've never been this open about anything before.  I know to you it seems like something small, but admitting one of my (new) biggest fears to someone is a big step for me.  I wouldn't say this to anyone else, which is what worries me slightly.

I cry silently on his shoulder, and enjoy the feeling of being loved (IN A FRIENDLY WAY!!!) by someone.

He rubs slow, soothing circles on my back and waits patiently as I drain most of my tears on his shirt.  (A.n. That made a ton more sense in my head...  But then again, most things that come out completely wrong tend to as well.)

The thing was, I wasn't just crying because of my newly found fear.  The emotions I tried so hard to keep hidden were forcing themselves out.  Thankfully, I was able to contain most (the rest at least) of them and finally resorted to just a few tears now and then.

Neither of us said a word as Brady slowly pulled away from the best hug ever. (A.n. ;D)

I looked down at the floor in shame.

"Hey."  He says, tipping my chin up so I was looking at him.

"Come here, I'll keep you safe."  He said, his tone gentle as he slowly dragged me with him. 

I gulped as he pulled me over to a large tree. 

"B-Brady I-I-"  "I know it's high up, Zoe.  But I won't let you fall, okay?"

I gulped again but nodded weakly.

He grabbed my waist and said, "Wrap your arms around me and hold on tight."  I raised an eyebrow.  "Uh...  Weird request but okay?"  I did as I was told (A.n. For onceJk ily Zoe.) and soon I felt a tingling sensation ripple through me.  Suddenly we appeared in the tree! 

I gasped, terrified of how far up the branch he chose was, and clung to him.

"H-Howw...." 

He smirked and winked at me as a reply.

I whimpered in fear.  "T-this branch doesn't feel very sturdy..."  He sighed.  "Relax, Zoe!  Don't be afraid of falling because I will never let that happen.  Now please get some rest because we have to continue early tomorrow so we can save your friend."

Somehow I manage to nod weakly and try to situate myself comfortably on the branch. 

Problem: There is no way I'm letting go of him.

"Umm...  Brady..."  He smiles at me.

"You can sleep in my arms, okay?  I sent Dylan a mind-link so he's taking first watch.  Relax and go to sleep."

I smile greatfully at him and yawn tiredly.  I nod once before passing out in his arms.

~*~

I jolt awake suddenly, fear swarming thought my body.

"B-Brady...  Did you hear that??!"  I shake him awake.

He groans and mumbles, "It was probably a squirrel or something, go back to sleep."  I whimper softly.

"B-But.. "

"Zoe!" 

"But I had a nightmare!"

He sighs.  "I'm here to protect you, okay?  It was just a dream.  Now please go to sleep!"

"Okay!  Gosh."

I re-situate myself.

ThumpThumpCreak.

ThumpHissCreak.

"Zoe..."

A.n. OOOO SCARY!!  FEEDBACK!!!

̿ ̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•_•)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿  -boom

Me: "YOU GUYS SHOULD KISS ALREADY!!!"

Zoe & Brady: "NOO!!"

Me: "Yes!!"

Brady: *hisses at me*

Zoe: *squeals and runs away*

Me: *snickers* "Good job, babe!"

Brady: *runs after her* "WAIT!!  I'M SORRY, PLEASE COME BACK!!"

Me: *sighs and shakes head* "Dude..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.