The Devil In The Next Room

taborangeline द्वारा

A month into Reighlynn Chase's junior year, her older brother, who's a senior, has his best friend and local... अधिक

The Devil In The Next Room
One.
Two.
Three
Five
Six.
Seven
eight.
NOT A CHAPTER
Nine.
continuing!

Four

9.9K 280 43
taborangeline द्वारा

When the guy left, I ran upstairs and threw on a pair of black shorts, a white vneck tshirt, and a black, blue, gray, and white flannel and my black vans. I went and did my makeup, only putting on mascara, and side braided my hair and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my backpack and keys and stormed out to my car.

Someone is going to get fucking hit today.

------

When I arrived at school, first period was just ending which means everyone is bustling through the halls. I spotted Mannie. She had her dark brown hair in a bun and her dark brown eyes eyes me curiously. I held up a hand indicating that I'm too busy to talk. I looked around the open court again, looking for the stupid blue-eyed delinquent.

"Where the heck is he!?" I grumbled to myself. I was getting angry. I was about to walk into the freaking office and have them call him over the intercom when I saw him and my brother and their friends standing by some lockers. I jogged to Mannie and handed her my backpack. "Hold on to this. I have to kick someone's ass." She gave me a weird look, but didn't question it. I spun on my heel and stormed up to the group where I caught the last but if their conversation.

"- her she was hot and she gave me her number and-" my brother's friend, Logan, stopped talking when he saw me. He gave me a once over, but when his eyes landed on my face, which is contorted with annoyance, he backed up before he spoke to me. "Hey, Reighlynn. What's up?"

I didn't reply. I only took a step close to Jace and swung my hand, slapping him so hard and loud that the court went quiet for a second and everyone looked. "Are you fucking mental!?" I shouted.

"Me!? You're the one who came over here, guns a blazing! You fucking smacked me!" I shouted back. Aiden tried to pull me away from Jace, but it was no use. I kept my feet firmly planted on the ground.

"Well, I wouldn't have smacked the hell out of you if you didn't give our goddamn address to some man! Who, by the way, stopped by this morning when I was still at fucking home! You are pushing your limits, delinquent. I swear, if I wake up to another man rummaging through our fucking spice cabinet, I'll have you back in fucking juvy faster than you can breathe." I stared into the furious eyes of Jace.

"You what!?" It was Aiden who spoke. I turned towards him and he looked furious. "Jace! What the fuck!? We're are talking later." He glared at his best friend then turned towards me. "Are you okay? Did anything happen?" He asked concerned.

"Well, besides the fact that I was in practically nothing and I felt like I was gonna get jumped, I'm fine." I glared at Jace. "You're so lucky my parents aren't home." And I stormed off.

-----

Considering it's Friday night, I didn't have to worry about homework until Sunday, so I invited Mannie, Halley, Sasha, Chester, and Devin over for a movie night, but all they want to talk about is what happened this morning.

"Dude. It was the slap heard around the fucking court!" Devin said, scooting closer and wrapping his arm around Mannie. They've been dating for a while and it's really cute. She smiled at him and turned her attention back to me, as did every one else.

"He deserved it." I shrugged. Sasha nodded in agreement.

We watched about two movies before everyone started to leave. Mannie was staying though because she wanted to spend the night and we would go shopping tomorrow.

"I still can't believe you smacked him that hard." She laughed as we walked into the kitchen and started fixing some ice cream.

"Mannie, he gave some random older guy the address. He left the door unlocked and that man came in when I was all alone! I had too." I said. I told Mannie about everything during lunch and she was just as furious.

"I fucking hate him. Why in the hell would he do that after your family let him into your house?" She shook her head and took a bite of ice cream.

"Old habits did hard, I guess." I shrugged. Mannie and I talked for a bit until we heard the front door open. "If you're an old creepy man who's a friend of Jace's, get your sorry ass out of my house before I hit you." I shouted, not bothering to look to see who it was.

"Well, I am a friend of that sorry ass, but I'm an old creepy man." I looked up and saw Aiden walking into the kitchen. He walked around the kitchen island and snatched my icecream away from me and started eating that. My jaw dropped as Mannie started laughing.

"Woah there, we might be related, but that doesn't mean I won't kill you. Give me my ice cream back, heifer." I stated. I laughed when I snatched the bowl back from him, causing him to send me a glare. "Fix your own." He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off when Jace walked into the room. I gave him a once over and noticed his left cheek and eye bruised. "Damn. You look like shit. Please tell me you got hit by a bus." I said blandly, causing him to glare at me and Mannie to laugh.

"Not a bus, sis. Me." I looked at Aiden. "I told him to not fuck up again like that or he will be gone. Then I hit him." I snorted a laugh and that caused Mannie to laugh as well.

"Glad you think this is funny, babe." I shrugged and set my bowl in the sink and walked upstairs with Mannie to my room.

-----

I woke up at three in the morning, not being able to sleep. I got out of bed, being careful not to wake Mannie, and made my way downstairs for some food.

I like to eat at weird times. Sue me.

When I was nearing the kitchen, I heard someone making noise. I stopped in step and looked around for something to hit them with. I was about to grab a heel that I left downstairs, when the person walked out of the kitchen. I got a look at the person and what they were wearing and laughed so hard.

"Panda bear boxers? Seriously, Jace? Wouldn't that ruin your rep or something?" I was still giggling as Jace walked closer to me. He eyed me and smirked at me.

"Says the girl who's wearing Winnie The Pooh pajamas." I looked down at my matching pjs and shrugged.

"Yeah? Well I'm not suppose to be the big bad delinquent that every girl wants to drop their panties for. I'm just Reighlynn. I don't get noticed, so I don't care what people think." Jace just looked at me as if I committed a crime. "What?"

"You don't get noticed? You're kidding me right?" His eyes were practically bulging out of his head. I shook my head and walked around him and into the kitchen to look for something to eat.

"No. People just notice Aiden. He's the star football player and supposedly one of the hottest seniors. I'm just Reighlynn. Aiden's junior sister." I shrugged and pued out the ice cream and two spoons. I offered one to Jace, who was standing in front of me, and he grabbed it and nodded thank you.

"Reigh, you're stupid to think people don't notice you! Hell, everytime you walk by our group, Aiden has to practically hit our friends to not go after you. The guys think you're hot." He said. I just looked at him. He was bent over and not looking at me. I took this opportunity to examine Jace. His brown hair was messily styled. His bone structure was prominent. He was attractive.

"Why do you have to be such an asshole?" I whispered to myself, but I'm guessing Jace heard it.

"I don't mean to be." He said softly. His eyes looked sad as he said that. "I guess it's just a defense thing. Why did you ask?" He questioned. My eyes widened.

"I- I. Uhm. I didn't think you would hear that. I was just talking to myself." I trailed, letting my eyes fa from his blue ones. He was still looking at me, I could tell. I didn't want to look up though.

"Reigh, can I tell you something? And I'm being honest when I say it." Jace said. This time I brought me eyes up to meet his. They held so much emotion, but I couldn't pinpoint any of them.

"Sure." I replied.

"I-I... I don't know how to say it, actually. Uhm..." His stuttering was kind of cute.. His kind of cute. And he isn't being a jerk right now, but who's to say that he won't change when people are around.

"Jace? Can I ask you something first?" He nodded, relieved that I ended his stuttering fit. "How come you're being nice and sweet now, but when people are around, you act like a jerk? Is it a rep thing? Because I'm starting to like the Jace who's sweet. Not the one who's an ass." I honestly. Jace just looked at me.

"I think you're beautiful, Reigh." My heart stopped.

"You- you what?" It was my turn to stutter. Was this what he was trying to say, but couldn't? How come he's telling me this? Does he even mean it?

"I do mean it." He said. I guess I spoke that out loud. I bit on my lip and let my head drop to the counter once more. "I'm serious... I just didn't know how to say it and how you'd react. As for the way I act, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a jerk. Like I said, it's a defense mechanism. I knew you didn't like me when we first met. So I decided to show my ass. I have always thought you were beautiful since we first met. And I know that wasn't long ago. I don't appreciate it when the guys talk about you almost as much as Aiden. And with Gage, the guy from yesterday, I'm so sorry. I went and visited him after that happened. You should've heard what he was saying." I looked up. Jace had a disgusted look on his face. "Actually, no you shouldn't of. Oh! By the way, you need to ALWAYS STAY IN PANTS!" He warned. I gave him a look.

"Seriously? How about you hand me your panda bear ones." I smirked at him. He smiled a genuine smile, not a dumb smirk. "But seriously, thank you." I smiled at him and he nodded.

----------------------------------------

Update! I'm sorry it's been awhile, I e just been waaaaay to lazy to update. But I'm also sorry that this sucked.

But I'm glad that Reighlynn and Jace are in good terms.. But will they stay like that?

Anyways, more of the cast!

Sasha- Kylie Bunbury

Halley- Victoria Justice

Mannie- Lucy Hale

Chester- Avan Jogia

Devin- David Lambert

-Tabor

-------

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

19.2K 780 26
Rebecca Marie - a runaway in desperate need for someone to confide in, finds herself on a cliff, prepared to end her life, when HE comes along. Jace...
Who Has Me? Mercedes द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

5K 389 26
Gemma, is as ordinary as they come. She is being forced by her drugged up mom to stay with one of her "friends", a frenemy more like. Jace, the boy w...
The no-name Olivia द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

2.4K 66 22
After a year of being a grade 9 no name, Olivia's world gets flipped upside down after her long time crush, jace, shows an interest for her. They sta...
My Next Door Neighbor April Lake द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

333K 9.4K 26
For Cassidy Richards, nothing's been going right. Her parents died in a plane crash her freshman year. Though she gained a boyfriend, he left her not...