Toy [Zarry]

By Akshaya_1Dlover

Toy [noun] - A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather then with due seriousnes... More

Prologue
I
ll
lll
lV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
Epilogue
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT!
XX
XXI
XXlll
XXlV
XXV
XXVl
XXVll
XXVlll
XXlX
Epilogue

XXll

11.7K 452 199
By Akshaya_1Dlover

A/N: Well I'm sorry if this is a little late, I don't know why but I just can't seem to write these days...please send me in some Zarry GIFs to encourage me, or maybe fan art? :)

Please check out my other Zarry stories please! They're called: Planned, Hate that I love you, Zarry one shots, Picture Perfect? and I can't love you more than this, thank youuuuu! The link on the side will be directed to my profile so you can see my stories ------->>>>

Well I have to say that your comments blew me away, the thoughts on Mirnada are pretty hiolarious to read, can't wait for all things to be revealed ;)

The GIF posted with this chapter is Harry just showing his appreciation towards Zayn's bum while on stage ;)

I just want you all to know, that I read every single comment and I shall reply to them all one day, this week I've replied to like over 500 comments and I'm still on the single digit chapters, so bare with me there ahaha!

This chapter is dedicated to @kissxoxo21 because they didn't take sides and explained their point very well, and I totally agree with this comment, that's what I would say too. But thanks to all the others, because I also agree to them too :) xx

Fact: I'm going Spain this month for my holiday, yayayyay!

Enjoy my little Toy Soldiers \(♥o♥)/

***

Zayn doesn't know how he did it, but after Harry stormed out, he collected himself up and got the dinner party organised as he didn't want to let down his friends.

In the past, Zayn would still be curled up in a ball somewhere, but Zayn's an adult now, he knows how to move on from silly, immature, ridiculous situations.

"All set" he sighs out in relief as he places the flower in the middle of the table.

He receives a text from the evening class' teacher informing Zayn that Tommy is doing alright and he just fell asleep moments ago.

The sound of the doorbell knows Zayn out of his thoughts as he buries his phone inside his pocket as he strides over towards the door as he neatens his navy shirt out.

"ZAYN IT'S BEEN SO LONG!" Niall screams as he leaps onto Zayn, arms wrapping around his best friend's neck as his legs hook around over Zayn's waist.

Liam walks in soon after "Niall, you're going to kill him" he chuckles out as he watches Niall climb off from Zayn.

Blinking rapidly as he looks between Niall and Liam, Zayn couldn't believe that his best friends were standing right in from of him "I've missed you both so much" Zayn whispers, a smile creeping onto his face as he wraps his arms around both of their shoulders, pulling them into a hug.

"We missed you too, now where is Harry?" Liam questions as he pulls away looking around the living room for the other half of Zayn.

Zayn was just about to answer, making up a lie obviously, "Uh he isn't here becau-" but there was a knock at the door so he goes to open it to be met with a breathtaking Jake, holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand as he hugs Zayn with his other free hand "Hey Zayn, these are for you...and Harry" he greets happily.

Smiling brightly as he pulls away "Thanks, they're lovely, uh come in" Zayn announces as he steps aside for Jake to enter.

"Ah, now I get why Harry isn't here" Niall mumbles towards Liam as Liam sighs shaking his head thinking that Harry will never grow up or change his ways.

Zayn runs his hand through his hair nervously "Okay, head on through to the kitchen while I get us some beers" Zayn announces as he walks towards the conservatory while his guest seat themselves at the perfectly set table.

Heading back over towards the table, Zayn hands everyone a beer can as he takes a seat next to Jake, in front of Niall, as that was the only vacant seat left.

"So how has everyone been?" Zayn openly questions as everyone digs into their food, which was just roast beef with roast potatoes, gravy and steamed vegetables.

Jake cuts into his potatoes "Well I've got a new job actually" Jake announces while smirking as he sends a cheeky wink in Zayn's direction.

Raising his eyebrows, Liam nods "Oh really, what's that?" he asks, completely interested.

"I'm Zayn's new assistant" he says excitedly as he places the potato piece into his mouth as he chews it.

Niall chokes on his beer "Wait, what? Does Harry know about this?" Niall questions, feeling afraid in case things could go back to the way it was before.

Shaking his head, Zayn sighs "Uh no, I mean I didn't really get a chance to say anything really" he mumbles, giving Niall the look which implies that they would talk later.

"So how about you both?" Jake questions, wanting to change the subject, pointing his fork towards Liam and Niall, a grin plastered on his face as he knows that they are holding hands underneath the table.

Liam looks over at Jake "Well I just got promoted at the office to the deputy of our head quarters and hopefully by next year I shall be the boss" Liam says proudly as everyone fusses over how awesome that is while congratulating him.

Grinning brightly at Liam, Niall nods "Uh well I just work in the same building as Liam, but I'm the secretary to run and manage the events we organise" he informs as everyone smiles at him.

"And I am just running my own art business while doing an exhibition once a year, showcasing my art work in hopes for someone to buy it. But I also paint on requests" he adds on while eating a piece of carrot.

Liam raises his beer can "Well I think we all deserve a huge congratulations for making it this far" he announces as they all cheer and clink their cans with one another's.

Glancing at Zayn, Jake smiles "So how's Harry and little Tommy?" Jake questions.

"Harry is good, currently he stays at home and watches Tommy, but I think he might look for a small job on the side since Tommy has started to go nursery now, he's grown up so fast" Zayn says smiling sadly.

Jake pats Zayn's back "It's okay. So where are Harry and Tommy?" he questions curiously.

Biting his lip, Zayn swallows his food "Uh well Tommy is at an evening class as we wanted the evening with just us, for like a lad's night and such" Zayn informs.

"Well what about Harry?" Jake questions as he chews on a bit of his roast beef.

Niall knows he needs to save Zayn's butt right now "Uh Zayn, where's the bathroom?" he asks, smirking at Zayn as Liam squeezes his knee proudly, knowing exactly what Niall was doing.

Standing up quickly, Zayn steps away from his chair "I should just show you, this place is pretty big. Oh and there's some ice cream in the freezer, help yourself guys" Zayn rambles on as Niall nods and follows Zayn up the spiraling stairs.

"Thanks a lot" Zayn says softly as they walk into the bathroom as Zayn sits on the edge of the bath frowning as he looks down at his intertwined fingers.

Niall pushed the toilet lid down and plonks himself down on it, resting his elbows on his knees with his hands grasped together in a tight lock "So, where is Harry actually?" Niall questions, breaking the intense silence.

Shrugging his shoulders, Zayn sighs "I don't know, he just left" he grumbles out.

"What do you mean he just left? There must be a reason" Niall points out.

Zayn looks up at Niall with a frown plastered on his face "I said that Jake was coming and he flipped because he thought I would let Louis to come, or some shit like that, I was trying to explain to him how it's not the same but he wouldn't hear it. I t-thought he was going to hit me again but he refrained himself and just left" Zayn explains crumbling as he places his face into his palms.

But he doesn't allow himself to cry.

Shaking his head, Niall pushes himself up from the toilet lid and sits on the bath edge right next to Zayn, he places a hand on his shoulder and sighs "Don't you dare let anything go back to how it was before Zayn, I never want to see you broken like that ever again in my life. Maybe this was improvement for Harry, he didn't hit you. But at the same time, he can't compare Louis to Jake, that's just fucked" Niall states.

"I know, but it's just that I thought we were over all that arguing, especially when Tommy is here now and I thought everything has changed, but now it's as though everything is spiraling back to how it was before" Zayn admits sighing.

Niall nods "I won't let that happen bud, now come on, you've got guests downstairs who would probably empty your freezer from any ice cream" Niall points out while chuckling as he stands up.

Following Niall's actions, Zayn stands up "Uh that's what you'll do Niall, stop blaming other people" he says dramatically with an exaggerated sigh.

"Hey, I'm trying to help here Zayn, don't out me like that" he laughs as they trudge down the stairs case, side by side.

Liam lifts his head from the match on screen giving them a knowing look with a smile "The ice cream is great" he admits handing his half eaten one to Niall as they sit on the double couch as Zayn sits on the long sofa with Jake, but a gap between them.

Sitting up straight, Liam clears his throat "Uh, well I would like to make a little announcement" he mumbles as he looks over at Niall, who nods happily with a smile.

"Yeah, sure, go ahead mate!" Zayn insists as he shifts his body, rotating it to face Niall and Liam, with Jake copying Zayn's action.

Liam takes a hold of Niall's free hand "We are getting married next week" he says, grinning widely.

Screaming loudly, Jake and Zayn both charge at the happy couple and collapse onto them, luckily Niall finished his dessert.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Zayn screams as he and Jake pull away "Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!" he exclaims, cheerful tears forming in his eyes.

Jake smiles "I'm so happy for the both of you, can't wait for the wedding!" he grins happily.

Smirking widely, Zayn raises his eyebrows "So who is changing their surname?" he questions, his gaze shifting back and forth between Niall and Liam.

"Well I think it should be Niall, because he's going to sense some pain on their honeymoon!" he exclaims while laughing.

Zayn throws his head back and laughs "That was terribly good" he says punching Jake's arm as they just smile at each other.

Nodding, Niall smiles "Well yes, I am going to be the one that changes my name, but for obviously other reasons" he sends a wink at Liam.

"I don't want to know" Zayn groans.

Jake nods in agreement "Same here, please we are innocent, keep your sex life to yourself please" Jake teases while smiling.

Furrowing his eyebrow, Zayn looks at Niall and Liam "Wait, it's next week. Shit that's so soon!" he panics while running his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, well we've been planning this for some time and next week seemed like the best time as my parents got leave to fly in from Ireland, so yeah, everything is working out well" Niall confirms.

Liam pokes Niall "Uh Zayn, Niall needs to ask you something" he announces.

Looking up at Zayn, Niall smiles brightly "Well we've been best friends since that day in the park, so would you do the honours of being my best man?"  he questions as his cheeks heat up.

"Yes, yes, YES!" Zayn gleams brightly as he throws his arms around Niall's neck, pulling him into a tight hug.

Jake laughs "It's as though Niall just asked you to marry him" Jake teases as everyone bursts out laughing, only causing Niall's cheeks to turn a deep shade of red.

Standing up, Liam walks towards Jake "And you mate, shall be my best man" he informs as he throws his arm around Jake's broad shoulders.

"It shall be my pleasure Liam" he smiles "But anyway, I should really get going. Zayn I'll see you at work, and Niall and Liam, I'll see you both next week. The best of luck with your preparations, feel free to call me if you need help with anything. I also had a lot of fun today" Jake confirms as he hugs each of them.

They all share their farewells with one another as Jake leaves.

Liam and Niall put their jackets on along with their shoes "Okay, we should be leaving now too, thanks for today. It's been really great, love you man" Niall says hugging Zayn.

"Oh and tell Tommy we said hi" Niall calls as Liam hugs Zayn as they leave together, looking happy.

This instantly caused a sharp pain to strike itself through Zayn's chest, a pain Zayn knows caused by Harry not being here besides him.

Zayn closes the door and walks back into the house, straight to the kitchen as he begins to clean everything up, humming a random tune to himself while he dances around the kitchen.

The knock at the door causes Zayn to dry his hands and rush to open it, his heart flutters as his eyes brighten "Tommy!" he grins happily as Tommy comes running towards Zayn "I thought I had to pick you up in another fifteen minutes" Zayn mumbles as he looks down at his watch frowning.

"Daddy pick me up" Tommy says as he let's go of Zayn's leg and rushes towards his play area, which Zayn had previously neatened up as he begins to throw everything up to find his favourite car.

"Tommy what have I told you about running off" Harry scolds out as he strides through the door, right passed Zayn without a single greeting towards his partner.

Zayn sighs "I never knew you was going to pick Tommy up" Zayn admits.

Ignoring Zayn, Harry picks Tommy up "Come one pumpkin, let's get you to bed" he says as he begins to walk up the stairs.

"No!" Tommy squeals as he wriggles in Harry's grasp "Haven't said night night to dadda" he yells angrily as Harry wasn't allowing Tommy to go on the floor.

Zayn sighs and decides to walk over to his family smiling, he presses his lips to Tommmy's forehead and ruffles his hair "Bye pumpkin, I love you" Zayn says smiling.

Smiling tiredly, Tommy nods "Love you dadda" he whispers as his eyelids become heavy, as they soon flutter close as Harry continues his walk up the stairs with Tommy in his arms while Zayn just walks back into the living room.

"Fuck" Zayn curses as he steps on one of Tommy's toys, a sudden pain rushing to him. So he flexes and stretches his feet and continues to tidy up the mess Tommy has caused in such a short period of time.

Harry walks back down the stairs after Tommy was tucked in, he heads into the kitchen and pours himself a glass a whiskey as he trudges into the living room and sits on the sofa while turning the TV on to watch the news.

Glancing over at Harry, Zayn bites his lip. He was slightly surprised that Harry never came back home drunk out of his mind, something he has become too used to from the past experiences.

"The dinner was a success" Zayn says, trying to make conversation.

But it was as though he was talking to a brick wall.

Harry looks up at Zayn, for a few seconds, and then shifts his gaze back to the news while reading the headlines, straining to focus on the screen and not on Zayn's frown.

Sitting near Harry, Zayn laughs "Oh and Niall and Liam are getting married next week, seems like we have to go suit shopping, and plus it will be Tommy's first wedding" Zayn announces enthusiastically.

There was still no sound from Harry.

"I'm going to be the best man for Niall" Zayn says frowning, not feeling that happy anymore as Harry literally sucked all of Zayn positive energy from him.

Harry stands up and swtitches the TV off and storms upstairs without another word.

Sighing, Zayn runs his hand through his hair standing up "Well this is just great" he grumbles.

***

A/N:If you want a dedication, then comment and tell me which stories of mine you have read and which is your favourite and why, I shall pick my favourite one! :D

NIAM WEDDING! ♥

Well Niall is always there for Zayn, I love their friendship in this! :D

At least Harry didn't come back drunk! >_<

Thoughts on this chapter? :)

Who's team are you in and why? :D

What do you think will happen next? ;D

Tell me what you think :) x

Vote

Comment

YOU MUST FAN/FOLLOW ME! ;D

Share

SEND IN FAN ART!

Instagram: Akshaya_Ox

Add me on Kik: Akshaya_1Dlover

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 138 17
Harry has a problem and his name is Louis! Well, actually he really likes this problem which causes him some more. The upcoming holiday may be the be...
13.6K 612 30
op·po·site ˈäpəzət/ noun plural noun: opposites a person or thing that is totally different from or the reverse of someone or something else. Marcel...
1.7K 31 12
I'm not sugar coating this. This is a story of a slow suicide, depression, self-harm and suicide. This is how trust, jealousy and love kills you slow...
87K 1.2K 26
** beautiful outline is credited to owner ** - \anˈtiTHəsəs/ noun a person or thing that is the direct opposite of someone or something else.